Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

evertonbanner30is.png

Everton could be suprise package in Europe next season as they continue to impress just a season after coming back into the top flight

With Everton shocking the whole premiership at this current time by playing with a lot of flair and determination manager Lee Owens takes one big look at his side and feels that maybe he shouldnt be thinking about relegation despite being Everton's first season back in the premiership and should be thinking about possibly a top half finish.

When interviewed by the media he was asked the following questions:

The Press When you won the championship and came back into the top flight in english football surely you didnt think that your side would be holding a very decent position in 6th place come the turn of the season did you?

Lee Owens I am as suprised as you are about my team currently holding such a decent position in the premiership but we have got to remember that we have only just reached the half way stage in the season and there is still a very long way to go.

The Press What would you say has turned your team around this season and is the reason that your team is playing such good football?

Lee Owens Every season most if not all managers like to add to their squad. I just think the players that I have brought in for the challenge to keep me up this season have had a very big affect on the fans and the club as a whole.

Vonalanthen has been a very big hit with the fans and so has new signing perez but i cant just single those 2 out for praise as all of my players have played a very big part to lift my team into the position they are currently in.

The Press If everything goes well and Everton finish in the top half then what can changes we hope to see for next season?

Lee Owens Ideally if everything does finish well then i would be looking to get more squad depth mainly in the defensive area as a couple of them are a little too old and will be hanging up their boots very soon. Thats also a problem with some other areas of my squad so will also be looking to get replacements for them.

The only position i feel we have enough cover for is strikers as it seems we have new ones of them coming in weekly. Whatever changes need to be done im sure will have a positive effect on the club and if we do make it to europe then our club will be able to attract bigger players.

The Press Thanks for responding to all our questions i wish you and Everton the best of luck for the remainder of the season.

Lee Owens No problem i look forward to hearing from you again sometime.

So after the meeting with the press the pressure was on Lee Owens' Everton side to carry on performing like they have been of late.

Charlton 0-1 Everton

Everton Scorer: Steven Taylor

Man of match: Steven Taylor

Our first game in mondays session seen us meet bottom of the table team Charlton with only 1 win in 14 games.

Having played very poor so far in the season i felt as if my team was going to walk this game but as any team Chalrton were determined not to be beaten and my players found it very hard to score past them.

Dominating most of possession it was only a matter of time before we broke through and our goal came on the 45th minute on the stroke of half time.

After vonlanthen had a shot saved by Charltons keeper Stipe Pletikosa it went out for a corner.

The corner was taken by Leon Osman and was met by the head of Stuart Taylor to put us 1-0 up.

After a disappointing game for Ari Nyman getting a 4 rating in the first half off went him and Gonzalo Barreto came on to replace.

There was a fresh feel about the defence in the 2nd half and Charlton didnt get a fair bit of possesion like they had in the 1st half.

on 58 minutes it looked as if Chalrton could of equalised when Carlton Cole broke through after a lovely ball by Barry Ferguson was put through but he hit it over the bar.

Maybe they should of equalised later in the game but a series of superb saves by Christian Rodriguez helped keep our lead and more importantly 3 points.

Everton 0-0 Newcastle

Man of match: Christian Rodriguez

An evenly balanced game this was which seen both teams have a series of shots but both keepers making some great saves to keep the scoreline at 0-0.

13 minutes into the game and rodriguez made an important save which could of turned the game around. After being in possession we lost the ball and had not many back to defend and nearly paid the price.

Minutes after vonlanthen had a chance to pus us 1 up after a wonderful ball was put through by Tim Cahill but his shot went flying over the bar.

A few more chances did come for us but they were all being put wide maybe we had to work on our training just that little bit more.

Vonalanthen was unlucky not to score but Shay Given had a great game just stopped everything that was thrown at him the same with my keeper. A fair result icon_smile.gif.

Cardiff 0-1 Everton

Everton Scorer: Denis Horvat

Man of match: David Marshall (Cardiff GK)

The team that came up with us last season we had now and after them not giving my team an easy run at all last season (except for when i beat them 5-2) and challenging for the championship title towards the end i thought they would be doing so much better than what they currently were lying a few places above relegation spots.

A one sided affair this was with my team dominating throughout the game.

The game started at a very quick pace and Cardiff found it very hard to cope with as the decision to put horvat upfront in place instead of vonlanthen paid off as on 24 seconds he scored which was to be the only goal in the game.

Although chances were very limited for Cardiff Warron barton did manage to have one but just struck it wide of the goal apart from that there wasnt really much work for my keeper to do.

Even my defenders started to move up the pitch and creates chances of their own which could of easily gone in but cardiff's keeper just wasnt making many mistakes.

But after a decision came from the referee to award a freekick after gary nelson for cardiff was sent off really got to Phil Jagielkas head and was shown a yellow card on 35 mins.

He later got sent off after fouling one of my players which we got awarded a freekick from on the 85th minute. After that the game was dead and buried and we had kept our 3rd clean sheet in a row.

The next game both me and my players werent confident of winning as it was against Stevey's championship contending Birmingham team. But to our delight on the day we just didnt think about who the opposition were and we just played as if it was a normal team and we played well.

Everton 3-1 Birmingham (Stevey)

Everton Scorers: Leon Osman, Neil Knight (2)

Birmingham Scorer: Anatoly Guerk

Man of match: Neil Knight

Due to Stevey's Birmingham having a midweek game some of his players were a little unfit for this and it showed. A great game from start to finish that was very even.

Birmingham started the better of in the game and had the first couple of chances coming from Leandro Depetris and Javier Ernesto Chevanton but both attempts going wide of the goal much to my delight.

Anatoly Guerk then had a chance and Birmingham continued to press but finally on the 19th minute came our first chance from defender Steven Taylor but being a defender and crap at aiming he wasnt able to make anything of it.

Saviola was then the next Birmingham player to have a chance on goal but again hitting it wide of the Everton goal.

Then moments later Cahill misses a beauty of chance.

This chance rocked birminghams keeper Leo Franco and allowed Neil knight to assist Leon Osman in a well taken goal to put us 1 up just before half time.

The 1st half wasnt over yet though and 2 more goals were to be scored.

The next goal came on the 45th minute where after what seemed like a dive from Neil Knight the referee seen otherwise and awarded us the penalty which Neil Knight slotted home.

Straight after Anatoly Guerk scored one for Stevey's Birmingham t give them a bit more hope for the 2nd half.

The next and final goal that was scored probably wouldnt of happened if i hadnt of took goalscorer Leon Osman off and brought Jussi-Pekka Savolainen on in place of him.

As after savolainen had intercepted a pass beautifully he feeded a ball through to Tim Cahill who then laid it up for Neil knight to score a goal which i would describe as "breathtaking". That goal had sealed the game on the 85th minute and we were to win a game that i felt wasnt going to happen moments before it kicked off.

Other substitute Robert De Pinho had one last attempt but it was put wide for the score to finish 3-1 to us.

Everton 2-0 Bolton

Everton Scorers: Neil Knight (2)

Man of match: Neil Knight

The last game had put my players on even better form than ever before most noticably being Neil Knight. Only having 2 goals before the birmingham game he must of felt it was time to start repaying me due to my playing him a lot.

This game was seen as a very different paced game to the last and not a lot was happening in it. Im suprised 2 goals were actually scored in this game and there was so little chances. We were just lucky that boltons keeper had a shocker of a match.

After a defensive error by Dean Ellis the ball went straight to Neil Knight who smacked it in the back of the net 4 minutes into the game without giving the keeper a hope in hell of saving it.

Nothing else at all happened in this 1st half except a couple of incidents with a few of the players but nothing major so the half time whistle was blown.

The 2nd half carried on like the 1st......very dull and boring but on 64 minutes Neil Knight broke through yet again to score his 2nd goal of the game. After a series of good passes between Cahill and Emerton the ball finally went to Knight and being at a very weird angle he didnt look odds on like scoring.

But he took it beautifully and it went in the back of the net to make it 2-0 to the good.

After this goal Horvat gave the Bolton defence a bit of a runaround but there keeper was actually able to save his attempts. Bolton were very short of attempts only having one and Rodriguez easily saving it in the 88th minute of the game.

So a very good start to the week with a great session where we only conceeded 1 goal in the whole of it. The players are playing as well as i could expect from them the only thing i need is some cash so that i can bring in a few more decent players for the future and if my team finishes high enough come the end of the season then that money could be coming my way.

Until then though i will just dream that one day my team will be in europe in seasons to come. Will report on how the rest of the weeks sessions games have gone once they go ahead icon_smile.gif

ipswichbanner20rx.png

Tractor Boys Plough On

EURO Cup Group H

Monaco 2.1 Ipswich

Should have got a point in this game, If it wasn't for Diamond i would have. Kallon put monaco in front in the 50th min and Lamb scored a late goal to lavel the game in the 87th min. The Diamond gave away a pen in the 93nd min the Kallon put away.

Game 13

Ipswich 0.1 Fulham

Team didnt play well. A 40th min sending off of Noble made things worse and Giordano scored the winner in the 52nd min.

Game 14

Cardiff 0.2 Ipswich

Team played well. Casey got both goals one the the 3rd min and one in the 48th min. Pedersen got man of the match.

Game 15

Leicester 3.1 Ipswich

We where by far the better team, but there goal keeper played 10, not much i could do really.

Game 16

Ipswich 2.0 Leeds

Team played well. First half goals from Casey and Bowditch won me the game. Milner got man of the match.

Game 17

Ipswich 5.3 Middlesbrough

Team played great and took there chances well. Goals from Noble, Casey and Rossi made it 3.0 at half time. Then an early second half goal from Carignano made it 3.1. Then Casey scored another two goals to make it 5.1. Had a late scare as si scored another two goals in the 61st and 73rd mins. Casey got man of the match.

Euro Cup

Ipswich 2.0 Lazio

Played well (not that it mattered as both the other teams drew when I needed one to lose) Goals came from Noble and Rossi. Pedersen got man of the match.

Game 18

Man Utd 3.1 Ipswich

Didnt play well. Goal came from Casey in the 20th min.

Game 19

West Brom 2.0 Ipswich

Didnt play well again goals from Griffin and Gueye won the game for them.

All in all an up and down session, out of europe witch is not what i wanted. Got Ste coming up in the FA Cup and 7th in the league.

ipswichbanner20rx.png

Game 20

Ipswich 1.0 Sheff Utd

Played well should have scored more. Casey scored the only goal of the game in the 75th min. Sheff Utd's goalkeeper got man of the match.

Game 21

Southampton 3.1 Ipswich

Played rubbish. Goal came from Avdic and young goalkeeper Cunningham had a good game.

Game 22

Ipswich 1.0 Arsenal

Pritty even game. Poor finishing cos Aida the game, tho my team had chances to finish the game up didn't take them. Goal came from Casey in the 36th min. Pedersen got man of the match.

Trans In

Scott Parker - Free from Liverpool

Omar Villa - Exchange with Middlesbrough

Trans Out

Luca Russo - Exchange to Middlesbrough

Darren Reaney - 1mill to Trabzonspor

Frederic Nimani N'Galou - 1.5mill to Rennes

Game 23

Liverpool 5.1 Ipswich

Played really poorly. Avdic got the goal for me.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Birminham 2.0 Ipswich

Forwards didn't turn yp for this game. defence played well tho and well done Ste hope you win it dude icon_wink.gif

Game 24

Everton 1.1 Ipswich

Bit lucky. Team played well for first time in ages. Early goal from Watson put Everton 1 up. Then Lee told one of his subs to come on and injure my star player...he did this Casey had to come off. The late equalizer was scored by Scott Parker, his first goal for the club. Moore got man of the match. Good Game lee enjoyed it icon_cool.gif

Game 25

Ipswich 0.1 Chelsea

Got one word for yaz Cech. Enough said.

Not the best session, picked up some bad losses this has left me 8th in the premiership and out of all cups icon13.gif so no silverwere this year for The Tractor Boys, But european spot is still up for grabs.

Till next time Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike_Law:

oh yeah, sorry was thinking of one of my single player games, i got somone called Watson, I must have mixed them up icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Loosing the plot?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike_Law:

oh yeah, sorry was thinking of one of my single player games, i got somone called Watson, I must have mixed them up icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Loosing the plot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never had it mate icon_confused.gif

evertonbanner30is.png

Everton Manager Lee Owens still cant hide his delight over how well his team is doing

Being in a strong 4th place before starting Tuesday session things were looking very good still for Everton and manager Lee Owens was beginning to plan what he would do with a bit of cash if was awarded some as a thank you to spend for next season.

These last 19 games werent going to be easy and it was important that I made sure that my players were all geared up to continue playing some fantastic football for the remainder of the season.

With games coming up very quick due to it being the Christmas period i was thinking that if we were able to cope with these then we could stand a very good chance of keeping our decent position and hopefully qualify for europe for the first time.

Tottenham (Sean's assistant) 0-2 Everton

Everton Scorers: Tim Cahill, Johan Vonlanthen

Man of match: Johan Vonlanthen (Everton)

After sean decided to run away from this game make up a silly little excuse that he had football training icon_razz.gif my Everton side was to face his assistant instead Chris Hughton.

Right from the kick off we were wide awake and the first of many opportunities came on the 6th minute when Tim Cahill was put through by a ball from Vonlanthen only to hit i wide and make it go out for a corner which was then wasted.

Dagoberto was one Tottenham player who gave my defence a bit of grief and if it wasnt for Dagoberto's dodgy aiming Tottenham could of took the lead 11 minutes into the game.

A few minutes later Rob Green again made a great save to deny Tim Cahill but moments later Tim Cahill came back for more and got his reward after a crossed ball by Maciej Hyps was met by Cahill to put us into the lead.

There were quite a few chances from both teams after this goal but saves from both keepers kept the scoreline at only 1-0 at half time.

Due to an injury picked up by my left back and Cahill getting a little knock right on half time i subbed them both and brought a few fresh faces into the game to help try and add to my lead.

But it was Vonalanthen who scored the 2nd and ended all hope for Tottenham in the last few minutes of the game. The goal came from some poor marking from the Tottenham defence allowing Savolainen to find space and cross the ball into the Tottenham goal area and Vonlanthen head home.

A good start to Tuesday session and i was hoping that it continued.

West Ham (Razor) 1-0 Everton

West Ham Scorer: Tim Janssen

Sendings off: Leon Osman 42 minutes

Man of match: Julien Rubiero (West Ham)

With Razors West Ham being on great form of late i knew the outcome of this match was going to be a much different one from last time and going down to 10 men just before the half time whistle didnt help.

Leon Osman played very poor managing a rating of 4 which cost us in the long run.

After fouling Vukcevic on the 40th minute Cahill was awarded a yellow card then just 2 minutes later again brought down a player this time being De Martino and the only option was to award him with a 2nd yellow.

There was a lack of chances in the first half really and wasnt much in the game as half time approached.

The 2nd half kicked off and our weaknesses at the back due to being one man down were starting to show but Rodriguez was there to stop anything that was coming his way.

Until the 79th minute when West Ham were awarded a corner which was apparantly whipped in by my own player Savolainen icon_confused.gif and met by the head of Tim Janssen.

A deserved win for Razor and his players as we were handed our 1st defeat in around 7 games the last one being against liverpool 3-2.

Everton 2-0 Fulham

Everton Scorers: Brett Emerton, Jussi-Pekka Savolainen

Man of match: Brett Emerton (Everton)

Due to me not seeing last game as a terrible defeat I told my players to move on and thats exactly what we did.

We put the last defeat behind us and got back to our winning games but it was far from easy. Picking who to play for this game was a nightmare due to Cahill, Osman and Hyps all being suspended and when i went to look in my reserves for a winger to play in place of them they were also suspended.

So Hopkins got his first game of the season and must of been well pleased. Emerton switched from playing defence to playing in an amc role where he scored from and put us 1 up on the 24th minute.

Savolainen hit a beauty of a ball to Emerton he smacked it in the back on the net with his head.

There were loads of cheers in the crowd for our next goal that was scored as Savolainen scored his first goal for the club after having the ball passed to him by Neil Knight. He took it past one of the Fulham defenders and beat the keeper to put us 2 up and it sealed the win.

Leicester 0-2 Everton

Everton Scorers: Denis Horvat (2)

Man of match: Denis Horvat (Everton)

A change of strikers in this game due to my two main ones being a bit unfit meant Denis Horvat got another first team start to try and impress me and he certainly did that.

Whenever Horvat usually plays he brings something else to the side and makes them perform well no matter who is out. He took control and although it was 0-0 at half time the 2nd half started well and on the 62nd minute we went 1 up.

After having a ball put through to him to set up a one on one versus the goalkeeper he was just not gonna miss.

Vonlanthen could of made it a bigger scoreline if hadnt of fluffed a chance on 80 minutes but didnt and the 2nd goal came in the 93rd minute again from horvat. A great shot by Vonlanthen was saved which allowed Horvat to pounce on the rebound.

Northwood 0-7 Everton (FA Cup 3rd round)

Everton Scorers: Denis Horvat, Jussi-Pekka Savolainen, Luke Bloomfield (2), Johan Vonlanthen, Neil Knight (2)

Man of match: Denis Horvat

Northwood fans must of been so happy about facing premiership opposition for the first time ever in the FA Cup and even reaching the 3rd round for the first time in their history and they had every need to be.

But the class showed and the non league outfits were soon wanting out of the game.

Having 30 shots in all i would say that we dominated the game but it was expected. I decided to give a couple of reserves a run out for this and one that particularly impressed me was young right winger Luke Bloomfield who started off a little rocky but soon made up for it by scoring 2 goals.

The first goal of his game on the stroke of half time and after an excellent display by him managing to get past a couple of nothwood players (not hard icon_smile.gif) he hit the ball in the top corner of the goal and the keeper had no chance.

His 2nd 66 minutes into the game and was very similar to his first goal. What a great performance by bloomfield this was.

Not only bloomfield scored though Neil knight managed to come off the bench on 70 minutes to net 2 goals, Horvat scored an early goal and Savolainen scored a couple of minutes before half time.

All in all a very good win even thought the opposition wasnt exactly hard. A 7-0 thrashing is always nice as it doesnt happen much icon_smile.gif.

Everton 1-1 Ipswich (Mike)

Everton Scorer: Neil Knight

Ipswich Scorer: Scott Parker

Man of match: Ian Moore (Ipswich)

This was one of those games that were too close to call. As most games this season the game seen some very fast paced action from both teams and my Everton were the first to benefit with Neil Knight scoring 7 minutes into the game.

A dream start and all i could hope for is that we could hold on and most of the time it looked as if we could and we could of even increased our lead.

A bitter affair this was due to Mike's Ipswich cancelling out Evertons promotion to the premiership a couple of seasons ago so we wanted revenge.....

But i seen a late goal coming and it did after Savolainen was beaten to the ball by Scott Parker who headed it in the back of my teams net.

The game finished 1-1 and i thought that we should of got a bit more out of this due to creating just a couple more chances but at the end of the day i was happy with a point.

Everton 3-1 Middlesbrough (Simon Murphy)

Everton Scorers: Leon Osman, Jussi-Pekka Savolainen, Johan Vonlanthen

Middlesbrough Scorer: Cesar Carignano

Man of match: Christian Rodriguez (Everton GK)[/b][/i]

Shocker of a result this was and surely wasnt on the cards before the game kicked off and anyone who had a bet on my team to win by this score would of been very very rich.

Due to not having much time to rest from the last game a few were a little more unfit than usual in the starting line up but Middlesbrough were experiencing the same problems.

Middlesbrough started the better by far and had a couple of early chances but Rodriguez managing to save them and do a good job.

Then a corner was awarded to my side and delivered to Osman outside of the area where he hit it on the volley and took us into the lead.

Rodriguez then made a string of saves but was unable to prevent world class Carignano from scoring on the 42nd minute to make it 1-1.

After that goal i decided to bring savolainen on due to Hyps being a little unfit and i switched both Osman and Savolainens position.

We started the 2nd half off much better and Savolainen scored off another corner a few minutes after the 2nd half had just kicked off.

I thought to myself that boro were going to come back but then those thoughts vanished as Vonlanthen scored a 3rd after a shot was deflected in from Peter Huber.

A great win and i was so glad when the final whistle went. After losing 3-1 against simon's boro last season we managed to change it around and win by the same scoreline this time and strangly enough Osman scored the first goal in both fixtures.

Burnley 1-2 Everton (FA Cup 4th round)

Everton Scorers: Neil Knight, Maciej Hyps

Burnley Scorer: Mark Sullivan (Penalty)

Man of match: Maciej Hyps[/b]

The FA cup was being reletavly kind to us so far as we was given a fixture against another what seemed easy team and they would of been but they were out on a mission and that mission was to injure as many of my players as they could in the 90 minutes and hopefully snatch a winner.

It almost worked to plan and they gave us a pretty hard game where at times i thought it was going to go to a replay.

But Neil Knight made sure it wasnt going to by scoring early on with a 20 yard screamer.

Burnley suprisingly scored the next goal which came from a penalty as Gonzalo Barreto brought John spicer down with a ruthless challenge.

Mark Sullivan stepped up and scored to put us level with burnley at half time.

After injuring Brett Emerton and giving a few other players of mine a bit of a knock things werent looking too good.

But luckily although a little bit injured Maciej Hyps grabbed a goal for us after dispossesing Craig Rocastle then taking it past Burnley keeper Jim Provett.

This goal turned out to be the winner and i was relieved that we managed to get through.

So still on track for possibly an amazing season and return to the premiership but what i would really like is for us to win the FA cup.

It probably wouldnt happen but the way my team has played this season i cant really cancel it out.

With a hard run involving Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all after one another coming up im hoping we can keep our nerve and go out and put up a good fight against them all. Whatever happens now though one thing is certain that Everton are staying up and its all thanks to manager Lee Owens. More to report on very soon until then thats it icon_smile.gif

Just so you know moments after you left you were sacked from Tottenham unlucky mate icon_frown.gif.

Shocking news also as Simon Murphy has finally resigned at his spot of being Middlesbrough manager and been appointed by struggling championship side that almost everyone has been at some point in their career Man City icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck with Man City hopefully you turn them into a world class team in seasons to come icon_smile.gif

barnsleybanner4bj.png

Barnsley March On... Leaving Pundits Puzzled!

So At the start of the season after a disapointing first season in championship football last season, Barnsley were tipped by many to go crashing back down into League1.

After having a decent start to my first full season in charge Barnsley were lieing in a comfortable and respectable 13th place.

With relatively the same squad starting out, I have faith in the players that have been brought in, the key factors for this season have to be all 3 of the loan signings from Lee Owens Everton,

David Barrow - After a relatively poor start between the sticks Barrow has just got better and better, will be hoping to make his transfer perminant in the summer

Guiseppe Mancini & Richard Morris - 2 Forwards brought to bolster my striking power, both doing very nicely, Mancini assisting a fair few with Morris scoring more, been 2 inflencial players so far for Barnsleys season.

....... And To The Most Important Bit, ! The Matches !

Blackburn 1 - 1 Barnsley

Barnsley one of the favourites to go up this season, and an away point was a great start for Barnsley, Richard Morris with the goal for Barnsley.

Barnsley 2 - 3 Preston

Another High flying team are Preston, playing some great stuff, just edging out barnsley in the end... Goals from Mazek & Hegedus put Barnsley 2-1 up before a penalty & a late goal gifted Preston the 3 points, disapointing home defeat.

Sheffiel Wednesday 1 - 2 Barnsley

An early penalty sent wednesday on their way on Wednesday! A great strike from vega brought the scores level just before the break, then came the Barnsley Onslaught, tremendous in attack Barnsley fought themselves a 2nd goal courtesy of Adam Mazek, a good performance, well worth the 3 points.

Barnsley 0 - 1 Aston Villa

Potentially the toughest game of the season, newly relegated Villa were destroying the league at this early stage, Barnsley fought hard in the middle, with only a spectacular goal from Christian Obodo seperating the sides, Villa had their England International Keeper to thank also, as Barnsley battled hard to get something from the game and hault Villa's tremendous surge, all in all, a good performance against the favourites for the title.

Millwall 0 - 1 Barnsley

Back to winning ways for the tykes, only ever 1 side in this match, Millwall facing the threat of relegation with only a few points clustered together so far, only a Mazek strike seperated the sides on paper, class seperated the teams on the pitch, good stuff from the travelling Barnsley.

Barnsley 2 - 0 Nottingham Forest

Early strike from Richard Morris settled down Barnsley, Forest having a decent go at the Barnsley back 3, at the time on loan ipswich centre half sebastian radtke stood firm putting in a decent display, before Morris ended Forest Hopes with a last minute strike doubling his tally.

Swansea 1 - 3 Barnsley

Barnsley were full of confidence going into the game against Tony's Swansea, All the goals in this were seen inside the first half, Barnsley taking the lead after a matter of seconds thanks to Vega's strike, Swansea equalised from the spot after Barrow took down Swansea's striker, Quaresma converted for Tony's side,

2 fine strikes followed this, firstly Morris smashed one home enphatically followed by a deflected free kick from Hungarian Hegedus,

Good performance again away from home.

Barnsley 2 - 1 Crystal Palace

2 goals either side of half time from Adam Mazek secured the win for the tykes, Underwood slipped one home for the visitors but it wasnt enough to rattle Barnsley.

Wigan 1 - 0 Barnsley

Wigan the better side on the day, Chances being rued from Mancini & Mazek, costing us dearly, Wigan taking the 3 points at Barnsleys expence.

Barnsley 3 - 1 Coventry

Better performance at home from the tykes, Mazek & Mancini putting them ahead before half time, after the loss at Wigan previously, Barnsley boss Banach was upset with his strikers and changed to a lone striker (mazek) with Morris & Mancini playing just off of him,

Chopra scored for Cov seconds after the restart, win was wrapped up for Barnsley minutes before the end of the game thanks to a Mazek header.

Manchester City 3 - 1 Barnsley

Another away defeat ended in bitter circumstances suffering a confidence shattering loss to my struggling former side, Graham puttin city ahead after some dodgey keeping by barrow, fortunately Mazek was on hand to equalise after half time, before my former signing for City, Lewis Guy stunned Banach by slotting 2 well placed goals past the dispearing David Barrow, things need to improve to hopefully obtain a playoff spot.

Barnsley 0 - 0 Stoke

A Lackluster home performance from Barnsley saw them frustrated once more, dropping another 2 points to helpless Stoke, Barnsley frontline didn't turn up at all, missing chance after chance, stoke didnt turn up either, giving the ball away, the teams ultimately cancelled each other out in unusual circumstances, frustrating Barnsley once more.

Barnsley 4 - 1 Sunderland

An uplifting display of football from Barnsley showing their true creative ability destroying sunderland in the middle of the park and at the back, smashing 4 goals past the newly relegated teams goalkeeper, All second half goals, started by Vega scoring an audatious lob from the edge of the area, minutes later he added another, the 2 evert boys put the lid on the match scoring later on, Michael Carrick scored Sunderlands concelation.

To Be Continued......

barnsleybanner4bj.png

Anty.

barnsleybanner4bj.png

.................Continued

Barnsley 0 - 0 Doncaster

Another Home draw to a lower side, if i am to persue a challange to the playoffs these lapses need to be dealt with sooner rather than later, Vega suffering an injury in this game which later put him out of contension for a month! sawly missed he will be, a decent performance by Simmonds on the left for Barnsley.

Blackpool 3 - 0 Barnsley

Bogey Team for us, Halfords second hatrick of the season against Barnsley now, after his performances against us, i enquired to see how much Blackpool wanted for him, they rejected my proposal though, nothing good came out of this perfomance to be honest, except it stood out we were weak at the back, and Hill at right back was very in-experienced at this level, In all a terrible display, Barnsley just going through a bad run currently.

Wolves 2 - 1 Barnsley

The Run Continues... another loss, the worst thing about this game was 2 injuries were sustained, Morris & Hegedus both picking up slight injuries keeping them out for a few weeks,Morris scoring just a few minutes before picking up his injury.

Millwall 0 - 3 Barnsley (FA Cup 3rd)

Much better display, away also destorying Millwall in the cup, deserved win taking Barnsley into the next round a great performance from Adam Mazek also, firing in a hatrick! Better Stuff to come from the tykes

Hull 0 - 3 Barnsley

Hull down to 10 for part of this game, Barnsley still managed to stick 3 goals past them Vega, Morris and a superb Cranie free kick gave us the 3 points.

Cheltenham 0 - 2 Barnsley - FA Cup 4th

Looking deadly in the final third, barnsley put their name in that hat for the next draw and raking in some cash at the same time, goals from vega & Mancini pu them through potentially earning a draw against a big club.

Barnsley 0 - 2 Norwich

Norwich one of the stronger teams in the league and that showed, Norwich taking 6 points of Barnsley this season, Francis put the visitors ahead in the first half, Barnsley found this game difficult, not creating many chances, the game was wrapped up in the second half, and Barnsleys hopes.

Continue this tomorrow as Lee is going to bed and is closing games icon_biggrin.gif and i get my GCSE results tomorrow icon_eek.gif

barnsleybanner4bj.png

END OF AN ERA

well it has happened, after almost 9 years at boro I have finally decided to move on to another team (sorry mke as you had just done the banners icon_frown.gif)

as most of you know i have started to want a new challenge and after the man city job came up (in relegation trouble in the championship with 12 games left when i took over) and with so many failing there before, it is a challenge i cant pass up

so it is goodbye to boro after a superb time there, the fact they have such a good squad now and are richer than chelsea should mean they challenge for years to come, all a far cry from the flirting with administration in season 2 and 3 when we were 30m in debt and only stevey gibsons money saved us from potential disaster.

leaving the club in the knockout stage of the champions league and still challenging for the fa cup and the league (after becomming world club champions) they are a force to challenge for new manager sammy lee (big mistake appointing him)

after struggling for several years to get any silverware a trophy haul of 2 league titles, champions league, world club championship, league cup and a charity shield have helped place boro at the forefront of english football, all of which has led to the boro board giving me a massive thanks when i finally walked through the reinstalled ayresome gates

New Dawn at city of Manchester stadium

Man City biggest underachievers in the game, they have already claimed at least 3 possibly 4 human managers in this clan and they have sunk as low as league one, now back in the championship but again struggling and lumbered with a loan of 250k per month until 2028 not to mention an aging squad which for some reason has 6 right sided midfielders but no defensive ones. a true challenge awaits

Blue Moon Fanzine exclusive

Blue Moon:Mr Murphy it is great to have a legend such as yourself here at city

Murphy:Thanks for the welcome

Blue Moon: why did you give up the managers job at boro after all you had built an empire there?

Murphy:as you know 9 years is a long time in football, infact i think there was only myself and Stevey T who had been with the same club for that length of time left in the game. the time was right for a new challenge for me, people commenting that the success was down to money was starting to wind me up, i needed to stay hungry

Blue Moon:Now you are here what do you think of the current team?

Murphy: Well to be honest i think the whole team can be improved, there are very few players capable of playing at tis level never mind the premiership and europe which is where we will be in time

Blue Moon:Europe? good to hear you sounding so ambitious do you have a plan for this?

Murphy:well obviously i do!! are you saying i have no idea what i am doing icon_mad.gif

Blue Moon:no of course not i was just hoping you would share your plan with us thats all sorry for the misunderstanding

Murphyicon_redface.gifh, ok, well firstly now i have ensured championship safety with 3 wins in my first 4 games, i think promotion is out of the question as i would have to win all my last 8 games and with this squad it wont happen.

Blue Moon: go on

Murphy:well i need to clear out the deadwood from this team, so expect to see almost all of the team leaving in the summer

Blue Moon:but that will mean you have no players

Murphyicon_redface.gifbviously i have players lined up, enough to start next season anyway and then i will hunt for the best loan players hoepfully getting 4 quality players on long term loans and then hunt for the best youngsters

Blue Moon:so when can we expect to get into europe?

Murphy:dont expect it demand it!!

Blue Moon: When?

Murphy: ok we wont be going up this season, next season we should be able to challenge for at least the play offs, hopefully auto promotion if i get the loans right and the board suppports me with money. so if not next season, the seaosn after we will get promotion

Blue Moon: sounds good what about when we get to the top flight?

Murphy: we will not be going up to make up the numbers, the season we go up we will finish in the top half and could get into the uefa cup from then on we will be challenging for champions league places

Blue Moon: so you are saying that city will be in the champions league inside 5 seasons

Murphy: If not then i will have failed, but we will be no question!

Blue Moon: Thanks for your time Simon you sound a bit arrogant but your record backs you up, lets hope you live upto ours expectations

Murphy: arrogant me, no just the best thing to happen to this club in your lifetime!!

Sorry but full at moment and not looking for new members and have a pretty large reserve list.

Thanks for the interest shown though and welcome to the forums. I'd recommend reading the rules as one of them is no text speak icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antbanach II:

Liverpool win another trophy!! oh yeah!!!!!!!

Super Cup!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats like winning the charity shield, not really a proper trophy is it ant

evertonbanner30is.png

Amazing courage and displays on the pitch keep Everton in 4th place

Around 10 games left and Everton in 4th place whats going on?

Many thought that newboys to the premiership Everton were going to be involved in a relegation scrap come near the end of the season but after new players were brought in by manager Lee Owens to try and strengthen the squad they are sat in a 4th place and are looking very comfortable. A Key game played in this session that was won meant that we could increase our gap to 7 points over 5th place and look odds on for definately finishing in at least one of the top 8 places with 1st still in our sights.

All being well we can keep ourselves there and hopefully the board see sense and give me some transfer kitty to play with next season.

This session started with an away game against Man Utd not the easiest game to start with but after the last 5-1 battering of them i was a little confident we didnt win this time though.

Man Utd 2-1 Everton

Man Utd Scorers: Xabi Alonso, Paolo Sammarco

Everton Scorer: Tim Cahill

Man Of Match: Paolo Sammarco (Man Utd)

A hard game to start with in which we didnt really take our chances that were given us and failed to win this time round. Playing at Old Trafford though is never easy to win and although after last times 5-1 win against them they made a much better game of it this time.

We started the strongest out of both sides and made carroll work a little but from 20 minutes onwards Man Utd owned the first half with a couple of chances from Xabi Alonso.

It didnt take him too long after a couple of missed chances to get one in the back of the net and on 32 minutes Sammarco found Alonso with a straight through ball and all Alonso had to do was tap it in and he did.

My forwards were switched off for this game and it was my defence that were creating most of my attempts but still not making any good use of them.

Man utd were rewarded with their second goal just moments before the half time whistle was blown. With Sammarco helping assist the first goal it was his turn to show that he could score aswell and after winning the ball off Maciej Hyps all that was left was the keeper who couldnt stop it. The defence were no where to be seen.

The 2nd half kicked off very quiet and the first chance of the half was our goal which gave me belief that we could possibly get an equaliser.

This was our half as we played Man Utd off the pitch and were very unfourtunate not to get another goal. This loss still kept us in 4th place and i was pleased overall with the level of quality that was shown in this game by my players. Rodriguez didnt have the best of games and started off shakey who was to blame a little for the man utd goals but he picked up in the 2nd half.

Sheff Utd 1-2 Everton

Sheff Utd Scorer: Mendonca

Everton Scorers: Robert De Pinho, Neil Knight

Man Of Match: Leon Osman (Everton)

A game against bottom of the premiership Sheff Utd who had fallen a lot in quality since last season due to them losing a fair amount of players and also their manager. A game which wasnt relativly easy but again wasnt too hard and we shouldnt of really conceeded a goal.

Robert De Pinho was in the starting line up for the first time in ages and didnt take long to state his claim as to why he should be a first team regular by putting us 1 up within a few minutes of the kick off after a ball put through by Leon Osman was met by him.

Being 1 up Sheff Utd were a lot more determined to score and they put Rodriguez under a lot of pressure early on but he was able to cope well with it and apart from these chances and the Sheff Utd goal this was all that was seen from them.

Sheff Utd's goal came on the 21st minute and was from a corner where most of goals scored against usually come from which made it 1-1 going into half time.

It was Neil Knights turn to come off the bench and add a bit more excitement to the game and it took him 17 minutes to score the winner.

Not a bad win overall which put us back on track but it could of been more and Rodriguez will be disapoointed of how he performed in the Everton goal.

Everton 1-1 Southampton

Everton Scorer: Gary Watts own goal

Southampton Scorer: Zoltan Illes

Man Of Match: Andy Barnett (Southampton)

The result of this game i was furious about as it was all my team doing the pressing. Southampton had a total of 3 chances in whole game and managed to get a cheeky late goal out of it which came off a corner crossed by Brett Emerton and a mix up between 2 of southamptons defenders.

It wasnt a case of a bad performance for my keeper either this time it was just a good goal which came off a beautifully stuck volley.

A few minor injuries were picked up in this game but still that wasnt an excuse for why my team just couldnt score that 2nd goal. This win dented us a little but at least it didnt effect the high morale of the squad.

Leicester 3-1 Everton (FA Cup 5th Round)

Leicester Scorers: Tiberiu Ghioane, Souleymane Youla, Marvin Elliott

Everton Scorer: Neil Knight

Man Of Match: Liam Ridgewell (Leicester)

After last seasons progression to the Semi Finals of the FA Cup this season we couldnt match it or go that one step further. Despite having more attempts overall than Leicester more than half of them were off target.

Leicester werent short of attempts either but only had 4 shots on target and 3 of them went in. The first game in ages i subbed my keeper at half time as Rodriguez was playing crap.

We found ourselves 2-1 down by the time half time came and thought we had a fighting chance of progressing through to the next round but when a 3rd was scored after a decent save was made by sub keeper enckleman but he wasnt able to save the follow up which Marvin Elliott picked up and scored with ease.

Everton 2-0 West Brom

Everton Scorers: Maciej Hyps, Luis Ernesto Perez

Man Of Match: Leon Osman

Easy match which we sailed through very easily but again another one where our strikers just couldnt hit the target.

The first half was very boring and chances were only coming from my Everton side.

2nd half was much better and Maciej Hyps scored after winning the ball and taking it past a few West Brom defenders to slot home a key goal.

Then Perez finally scored his first goal for the club since joining beginning of the season which was truely deserved. I was well pleased with him after the game and treated him to a Mcdonalds Happy meal.

Arsenal (Aida) 0-3 Everton

Everton Scorers: Neil Knight 2 (1 Pen), Johan Vonlanthen

Man Of Match: Jacek Banaczek

End game of Wednesdays session and a great game to finish on with Arsenal in 5th and my side in 4th this game was very important for both teams and im glad my team came off clear winners in the end.

Arsenal didnt really get off their feet in this game and found it quite hard to cope with how my players were playing and after some early frustration it showed as perez got brought down inside the Arsenal Penalty box.

Neil Knight took the penalty and scored it but only just.

Neil Knight added to his tally and scored after the restart at half time on 47 minutes. Not a spectacular goal but one that was needed very badly. Being 2 up the game looked dead and buried and we had looked to come out on top of this important clash.

Just to confirm our win Vonlanthen added a 3rd on the 62nd minute to end the game and make the Everton Supporters very happy.

Session Overview

A good session in all that started off pretty badly and although having no cups to fight for anymore we still have the league and hopefully we can carry on playing top quality football in this coming weeks sessions.

The session ended very well which seems to of put our league form back on track with 2 clean sheets in a row.

Striker wise Neil Knight now seems to be scoring more and more and is hooking up very well with whoever seems to partner him upfront. The england call has made him a better player and will improve more in seasons to come.

Roll on this weeks worth of sessions but until then thats everything up to date at the Everton Camp adios icon_smile.gif

westhambanner19zx.png

Season 2012/13

Players in:

Achilleus Alexandros Free Sunderland

Tim Janssen Free Gladbach

Alexander Farnerud Free C.Palace

Simon Vukcevic Free Partizan

Gerrard Free Mallorca

Daniel De Ridder Free Ajax

Mark Van Den Boogaart Free Feyenoord

Giovanni Bianchi 675K Milan

Simone Valente 725K Milan

5 players left on a free transfer.

Leeds home won 1-0

Leicester away won 2-0

Ipswich home draw 1-1

Boro away lost 3-0

Charlton home won 2-0

Man.Utd away lost 3-4

N’castle home won 2-0

West Brom away draw 1-1

Cardiff home won 3-1

Sheff Utd away lost 3-4

Game 11 Birmingham Home 1-1

17 min Charisteas puts Brum 1-0 up

92 min A Achilleus goal gives west ham a well deserved draw

Up to 9th in EPL

Game 12 Southampton away won 4-2

2 min Andre 1-0 saints

27 minVukcevic 1-1

29 min Achilleus puts west ham 2-1 up

33 min Schmitt levels for saints

57 min Riberio puts the hammers 3-2 up

79 min defour makes it 4-2

Game 13 Bolton home won 2-0

74 min Defour (pen) 1-0

76 min Achilleus 2-0

Game 14 Arsenal Home lost 1-0

A single goal from Reyes settled this London derby.

Game 15 Spurs Home Won 3-1

2 min Dagoberto puts spurs 1-0 up

25 min Farnerud levels for the hammers

56 min A King OG puts the hammers 2-1 up

69 min Farnerud makes it 3-1

9th in EPL

Game 16 Liverpool Away drew 2-2

7 min Lauth 1-0 to Liverpool

19 min lauth again for 2-0

43 min Vukcevic makes it 2-1

89 min Janssen comes of the bench to level late on

Game 17 Everton home won 1-0

78 min Janssen again comes off the bench to win the game for west ham.

Game 18 Chelsea Away Lost 2-0

15 min Monkoena puts Chelsea 1-0 up

32 min Kranjcar makes it 2-0, game over

Game 19 Fulham home won 3-0

64 min Arizmendi (on his debut) makes it 1-0 to the hammers

79 min Arizmendi gets his 2nd, 2-0

90 min Farnerud makes it 3-0

Game 20 FA Cup 3rd rnd Liverpool home won 2-1

9 min arizmendi gets on the score sheet again 1-0

10 min Janssen quickly makes it 2-0

77 min Kaebi gets a late goal for Liverpool.

A fine win for the hammers.

Game 20 Leeds Away draw 2-2

6 min janssen puts the hammers 1-0

19 Defour levels for leeds

45 min Klukowski make it 2-1 to leeds

93 min Arizmendi gets a very late goal for the hammers.

FA Cup 4th Rnd Charlton Home lost 0-2

8 min Saunders puts Charlton 1-0 up

44 min Carlton cole makes it 2-0.

A bad result this from the hammers

Game 21 Leicester Home Won 3-1

8 min Milan Baros puts Leicester 1-0 up

27 min Howard og levels it for the hammers

32 min Vukecvic makes it 2-1 to west ham

71 min Swift gets his 1st goal of the season..3-1

8th in EPL

Game 22 Ipswish away won 6-0

32 min Janssen puts the hammers 1-0 up

53 min Janssen again for 2-0

71 min Achilleus 3-0

86 min Gasbarroni 4-0

89 min Cave 5-0

90 min Cave 6-0

A Fabulous Result this for the hammers.

Game 23 Boro Home lost 3-2

2 min Gasbarroni Puts the hammers 1-0 up

8 min cavenaghi levels for Boro, 1-1

40 min Arizmendi puts the hammers 2-1 up

44 min Cavenaghi levels again 2-2

83 min Carignano gets a late goal for boro.

A good performance against a very good team.

Game 24 Charlton away won 3-1

5 min C.Cole puts Charlton 1-0 up

25 min Arizmendi levels for west ham

39 min Janssen puts the hammers 2-1 up

93 min Achilleus seals it for west ham

Game 25 Man.Utd Home lost 2-0

Goals from Kezman and Defoe won this match for Man United.

West ham still lie in 9th position in the EPL.

Roll on the next session where we will be pushing for a euro spot

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razor123:

Are we playing on Bank Holiday Monday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to see a report icon_smile.gif and yeah we will be playing bank holiday usual times icon14.gif

barnsleybanner4bj.png

QPR 1 - 1 Barnsley

Struggling Queens Park Rangers was next on the list for Barnsley away at Loftus Road, A good start to the game by Barnsley having some good link up play between the forward three, Unfortunately Kiegan Parker put QPR ahead just after the half hour mark with a cool finish, Second half started brightly and on loan forward Richard Morris levelled the game at 1-1 which was the way it finished.

Barnsley 2 - 0 Portsmouth

Very pleased with the 3 points against another of my former clubs, Portsmouth were totally outplayed, Vega continuing his rich vein of form by striking a sweet shot past the Pompey keeper from 25 yards, The Score was doubled towards the end of the match, as Mazek latched onto a James Simmonds cross, hammering the ball into the roof of the net, Barnsley well worth the 3 points in this match, and another Man Of The Match performance for James Simmonds.

Derby 1 - 5 Barnsley

An Emphatic Away performance from Barnsley, Best first half performance this season, all 5 of our goals were scored inside the first 45minutes, Derby took the lead after 8minutes with Andy Reid scoring a penalty, then came the determination & fight of Barnsley, Adam Mazek started the revival, tapping in a goal from a beautiful defence splitting pass from Antonio Lopez, Richard Morris put Barnsley in front on 25minutes, before Simmonds scored a fine goal a few minutes later, Mazek doubled his tally to take Barnsleys to 4, before having the scoring spree ended by Bela Hegedus just before the break, Barnsley contuinued the onslaught destroying Derby even more, just lacking the cutting edge in front of goal that was seen in the first half, still game of the season so far from the Tykes.

Barnsley 5 - 1 Reading

Second Successful 5-1 result, this time at home to struggling Reading, this time it was Barnsley to strike first.. On loan Middlesbrough Midfielder Joe Scott scored his first of the season early on, the 2nd was added by Vega and Morris added a 3rd just before the break to give us a 3-0 half time lead. A Mazek double ensured the demolition for the second consecutive game, Forbes added a goal later on for Reading giving them some Pride from the game, another brilliant display from Barnsley..

Now upto 2nd in the league!! Who expected this!?!

Barnsley 3 - 0 Nottingham Forest

FA Cup 5th Round

We made sure we were going into the next round with another sound result against Forest, Forest never really got going in this one and were severely punished by the ever improving Barnsley, Young Chris Spencer took advantage of Vega's injury scoring after just 9 minutes giving his manager something to think about, Fernades & Mazek gave the match to Barnsley scoring goals in quick sucession.

Barnsley were drawn against the most feared side in England in the 6th round, !Middlesbrough!

Gillingham 0 - 2 Barnsley

Barnsleys terrific run continues, an other away win Jimmy Bullards first start in a while earned his team a goal early on, before another impressive display by Chris Spencer earned him another goal in stoppage time, another 3 points for Barnsley on a very impressive run.

Barnsley 2 - 0 Blackburn

Third Placed Barnsley taking on Second Placed Blackburn, a very tight first half indeed, a few chances for both teams being wasted, 0 - 0 at half time seemed fair, a match changing decision favoured Barnsley on 58 minutes, Kieran Richardson was dismissed for a second bookable offence, from the resulting Free kick, Jimmy Bullard hammered a curling shot home, a great goal for Bullard! The Game was put down on the 82nd minute by Morris scoring a sweet header. Barnsley and Blackburn swap places in the Championship.

Preston 0 - 1 Barnsley

Next on Barnsleys hit list was 4th placed Preston, another tight match, but Barnsley just edged this one, another goal from young Chris Spencer thats his 3rd in 4 games for Barnsley, only 17 is Spencer, Barnsley hung on to their lead very well, 3 points extend their lead over Preston, and Blackburn drew, Barnsley starting to move away, can they hang on to this automatic promotion spot?

Barnsley 1 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday

A frustrating game for the Reds, having the majority of possesion, and creative more chances, only to have most of them saved by Wednesday's keeper, Mazek put Barnsley ahead on the stroke of half time, debutising keeeper Kari Miettinen performed well, as Sheffield came back right at them in the second half, with george equalising early in the second period, a disapointing 1 point for the tykes.

Simmonds putting in another man of the match display

Next up was the anxiously anticerpated game between Middlesbrough & Barnsley, Boro obviously the favourites for this tie.

Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Barnsley

Fantastic Effort shown by Barnsley in this game, Barnsley worked as hard as they ever had to earn a replay back to Oakwell, Adam Mazek scored twice to stick Barnsley 2-0 up against the champions, Ronaldiniho pulled 1 back on 69 minutes, edging into injury time Barnsley had thought they had done it! Before a lapse in concentration and Middlesbrough equalised 91st minute goal from Andreas Beer, Barnsley were devastated with the outcome, an absolute brilliant performance from keeper Barrow, Barnsley were lucky to have their lead only having 2 shots on target, Deadly finishing in front of goal from Mazek, A replay still a fantastic result for Barnsley, we will be hoping for an upset when Boro travel to Oakwell 2 weeks Wednesday.

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Barnsley

Final Game of the Session, and a very entertaining one at that, Villa & Barnsley were swapping end to end stuff, one attack after the other, Obodo scoring his second goal against Barnsley in 2 appearances, another screamer aswell, Mazek levelled the scores after the break with a fine goal, the 2 sides continued to cancel each other out before Lee Beale on his Villa debut put the League Leaders Villa back in front with a very fine placed shot into the far corner of the net, Villa looking set for the three points, when 2 minutes from time Mancini beat the Villa keeper and headed on into an empty net, in all respect villa just edged it on shots & possesion but a draw was a fair result, Barnsley down to 4th in the Championship.

League Table

1. Aston Villa 82 Points

2. Blackburn 67 Points

3. Preston 67 Points

4. BARNSLEY 66 Points

5. Wigan 61 Points

Barnsley having the times of their lives, with the expectations of fighting bravely against relegation currently lieing 4th in the Championship, and still in the FA Cup in the 6th round, if Barnsley do perform the impossible and get promoted, it will be an even tougher season for Barnsley, new players are desperately needed to improve the squad.

So All in all a brilliant season for Barnsley, with a mix of youth and experience we have seemingly found the right balance in the team, lets hope this can contine and guide us to an unexpected promotion...

barnsleybanner4bj.png

Anty.

So the 9th season in fmelc has ended and here is a brief round up of how everyone done with predictions for coming season to follow.

Ant managed to finish in 3rd with barnsley and had a great season. Lost in the playoff finals though.

I had a great season with Everton managing to qualify them for the Euro Cup just 1 season after returning to the premiership.

Aida's first full season with arsenal wasnt bad and just managed to nick 4th place on the last 2 games as i got hammered by stevey icon_mad.gif

Steveys birmingham finally managed to win some silverware the league cup icon_smile.gif. Crashed out in the Euro cup final though which i think he had his heart set on more icon_frown.gif.

Sean enjoyed moving from one club to another as after getting sacked from Tottenham. Crystal palace wanted him.

Didnt play many games and finished well clear of the bottom 3 but they did all finish with very little points icon_smile.gif.

Simon Murphy also quit his post at boro after 9 seasons there and took on the job of man city who so many had ****ed up before. Whilst there he managed to propell them into a decent position.

A great season for razor who like me managed to defy the odds and qualify for europe well done mate icon_smile.gif.

Mike's ipswich finished in 9th also just taking the last euro cup place an average season for him.

Joey you got promoted mate and tony you finished in a pretty stable 11th position icon14.gif

Overall this has probably been the most sucessful season with no relegations for once icon_eek.gif

Good luck to everyone in the 10th season. Game will be in pre season for tonights session i will try and get it up a bit early also for some extra t+t icon_smile.gif

Predictions for new season

Lee Owens - Everton

Suprised many i did and hopefully i will be able to do much of the same this season. Expect a mid table position icon_smile.gif.

Simon Murphy - Man City

After taking on man city who were struggling in the championship with not much quality Si has managed to do what he does best and bring some nice new players into the squad for the new season.

I'd expect playoff's out of his team possibly even higher.

Ant Banach - Barnsley

Gonna be a struggle for barnsley this season if ants assistant is in charge but if not should be challenging for the top spot in the championship.

Stevey Toner - Birmingham

With having the league cup in the trophy cupboard Birmingham have actually got something to defend this season and hopefully will do so.

This season Stevey's side will be dominant as usual but will he be able to finally put Chelsea to rest.

Joey Briggs - Aston Villa

Best season for Joey last season managing to win the championship. However the premiership is a much harder game and if more quality aint brought in i can see joey's team struggling to cope with the pace of the premiership and possibly going down but finishing above West Brom who due to Aida leaving them have failed to get a squad together and only have 6 players icon_biggrin.gif

Sean Bell - Crystal Palace

Last season seen the end of Sean Bells few seasons spell at Tottenham and seen him take on the roll of being struggling Crystal Palace boss. With limited funds and very little decent talent it was a hard task. This season should be a season to get a team together really for Crystal Palace.

Will stay up but i dont think they will go up just yet.

Tony Hall - Swansea

Due to tony's connection mucking up all this week tony missed the last 6 or so games of the season.

His team performed well and finished just a couple of places out of the playoff's.

Swansea are looking like a totally changed side and i think they have a good chance of promotion this season.

Aida Connolly - Arsenal

An average start for Aida and his Arsenal career finishing 4th in the league.

I would hope he wants to do well in the champions league this season and obviously try and improve on his final league placing and i think it could possibly happen with one of his new strikers already showing great form.

Mike Law - Ipswich

Again i think mike's team will finish in the top 10. As for where though im not going to predict that one but it should be a sucessful season and after going out in the euro vase his team should be much fitter for the league games so could produce a few unexpected results.

Simon White - West Ham

Decent finishing position for razors team last season and managed to qualify for europe. That was short lived though and proved to take its toll on the players that much.

Still that shouldnt worry razor and his team and they start another season to try and establish themselves as a top team in the premiership which they sure showed last season.

A mid table finish should be what razor is aiming for. I can see it being a similar season to last and not really finishing many if any places above last years final league placing.

The first couple of games got underway tonight in the new season and a couple of managers should be pleased with the starts they have made.

Hopefully this season is as good if not better than the last icon_smile.gif

Reports to follow soon of how pre season at everton has gone on and how the season has started until then thats it for now

arsenalbanner7os.png

End of Season

So yet another season comes to an end. With Connolly completing his first full season with the Gunners. At the start of the season the board had expected a mid table finish, however the fans expected the team to challenge for the title. Connolly knew that his team was capable of finishing in a btter position than mid-table, but also knew that his team would not be challenging for the title. Connolly had made it clear that throughout the season he would be aiming to bring in quality young players, and this is exactly what he did. The squad is now much younger, whilst maintaining the quality older players. One problem throughout the season was the Gunners financial position, this aspect of the club was never stable, constantly changing, sometimes in the red, sometimes in the black. Towards the end of the season the club was losing around £4million a month! This was until a new board took over towards the end of the season and injected some cash into the club.

Connoly kept his own tradition going by having a terrible first few months into the season, as always. Something he will want to change in future seasons. With the fans expecting a title challenge Connolly was always going to be under pressure to perform. Eventually the team found their form and managed to climb up the league, eventually closing in on the top 4. Come the last few games of the season it was possible for Arsenal to finish 4th, as long as they carried on winning. This is exactly what they did and managed to pip Everton to the all important 4th spot. European football next season will provide some extra income for the club. From this season Connolly had managed to bring in some quality youth, delight the board, and even satisfy the fans. So overall it was a sucessful season, equalling Connolly's highest Premiership finish, something he claimed to be his best achievement with WBA in his last job.

For the next season, due to the numerous signings, everyone associated with the club expects the team to put some real pressure on Chelsea. One things for sure, Connolly will need to break tradition and make a solid start to the season in order to keep up with the early leaders. Champions league football will be welcomed back after missing out on Europe all together last season. One thing that has been made clear by Connolly is that he now wants to egt his first piece of silverware in his career, he said that he always knew that with a bit of luck his WBA team "might" get a chance, but he knows that this Arsenal team "can" win some silverware as long as they play their best football.

evertonbanner30is.png

The new season is upon us and so are some more new faces

After the highly sucessful season i had with my Everton squad in our first season back in the premiership i was overjoyed and so was the board and fans.

But a few areas i noticed we were a little weak in and we had to build on so it was time to take a dive into the transfer market.

Unlike most seasons where only a few players have been signed this season i decided to change that and bring in a stack full of old and young players to try and improve my side and hopefully climb up into a higher positon for the coming season.

Being in europe aswell i needed to make sure i had plenty of cover for all areas as the games were going to come much quicker and often than last season i just hope my players are up to the task.

The players that have been brought in new for this season are.......

Gareth Barry signed on a free from West Brom

An old git of a player but should work well with my current defenders and give them helpful tips into becoming better.

Neil Murry signed for 300k from Rangers

A 20 year old striker who looks very talented. Dont expect too much from him this season but may just suprise a few when he does get a first team start.

Paul Peters signed on a free from Ajax

Another youngster this time a 21 year old dutch defender looks a bit weak in certain areas but will be playing a fair bit this season so hopefully will improve.

Pierre Nilsson signed for 900k from Halmstad

Seen as the ideal replacement for Cahill when he decides to retire. Has already fitted in pretty nicely and should score a fair few this season in amc.

David Freund signed for 300k from FC Bayern

Only 15 years old and looks a gem of a defender. Will be sent out on loan this season to gain much needed experience but could be a very good defender for the future.

Gregory Dorothea signed on a free from PSV

So far looks my best by. Has started off amazing in the first 4 games assisting 4 and recieiving man of the match twice. Im hoping he can keep at it and if he can he could prove vital to my side.

Javi Alverez Lopez signed on a free from Espanyol

Another midfielder and mainly going to be used as a sub this season. Looks alright but im usually very wary about playing spanish players.

Francesco Vitale signed on a free from Fidelis Andria

A young winger again brought for the future of Everton and looks a good player but im yet to play him so dont know yet icon_smile.gif.

The only player that has so far gone out is youth keeper David Barrow. After playing so well on loan at Ant's Barnsley last season i decided to cash in on the young keeper and mike snapped him up for 2.5 million.

Maybe seen as a bit of a cheap sale but i sold him as i knew he wasnt going to be in my first team plans and i think i got enough cover with another 8 or 9 keepers sitting in the reserves icon_smile.gif.

The season kicked off in last nights session so i'll report on that soon but for now thats it.

Hopefully we can do well in europe and have another positive season icon_smile.gif

Again as usual a good weeks worth of session remember your reports and speak to you all monday usual times. I'll let ya all know if any sessions are cancelled but hopefully they wont be icon_smile.gif.

If any of you want the game up over the weekend for t+t or to gather info for a report and im on just let me know cheers icon14.gif

evertonbanner30is.png

More Firepower is needed states manager Lee Owens

A steady start to yet another season for Lee Owens at his beloved Everton club notching up a few wins but some very low scoring results have looked a little worrying early on and Lee Owens plans to bring another striker in possibly that is consistant and can give us the goals we want.

With Neil knight only just recovering from a 6 month injury due to mikes dirty ipswich side last season thats one possibility but Lee is opting with a new change to the usual team and playing some totally different players that couldnt cut it in the first team last season to see how they perform.

As always only around 8 or 9 games have gone so I wont be worrying yet but this coming week i will be looking into how my team performs and if i see anything wrong with it then i will make some big changes and maybe some suprise ones.

Anyway onto the games........................

Southampton 0-3 Everton

A solid start to the new season with Vonlanthen getting off the mark early on. An own goal on the 29th minute made it 2 although should of been claimed as taylors goal and then Lopez netted a goal after coming off the bench to make it a great debut start for him. Dorothea assisted all the goals and got a match to start off his Everton career real well.

Everton 1-0 Leicester

Another solid performance and a 2nd clean sheet. A 2 minute goal by perez gave us an early lead which turned out to win the game for us. Savolainen got injured moments into the 2nd half and Dorothea recieved man of the match award again.

Bolton 1-1 Everton

We got a bit lucky in this one and after going 1 down on 19 minutes bolton were looking good but a very late equaliser in the 93rd minute by neil murray got us a draw. Perez got man of the match.

Everton 2-1 Middlesbrough

Due to losing their legendary manager last season Middlesbrough were going through some tough times. Still they were hanging in the top half of the league. A good performance by all my side after coming under loads of pressure seen us win what seemed like a very unlikely based on our first half performance. But the 2nd half was good for us and we slowly started to control the game and got our reward with Nilsson scoring his first and Taylor grabbing our 2nd goal.

A pretty good start seen us in 4th place at this time but in wednesday's session we drew a few which made us slip a couple of places. That report to follow soon.

On a side note all sessions are on this week and Jimmy Cale has taken charge of his old club Tottenham icon14.gif

Cale answers Spurs' plea for help

After a long 5 year break from football management Jimmy Cale was appointed manager of Spurs for a second time. The manager who brought them FA Cup and League Cup in the same season and also got them their highest finish of 3rd in the premiership is back after repeated calls from Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy to come bck and help the stuttering Spurs side.

After some mediocre seasons with just a League Cup in the trophy cabinet Spurs had been struggling. Cale's first legacy was soon dismantled as players like Ben Arfa, Christopher Andersson and Naldo left on illegal tap-ups (the reason Cale eventually gave in his second book - "Scum, pure Scum" for leaving football management after just 5 seasons) and the new manager obviously wanting his own players in meant that many Spurs legends eventually left.

Cale admitted last season that he was surprised Tottenham werent more successful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With the player base we had - including youth and reserve team that squad was a top 6 team easily. I was slightly concerned when noticing their results were quite patchy at times. With Fred and Robinho i thought we had the best strikers in the Premiership which is always a bonus to any team </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eventually the manager was sacked and Spurs chairman Levy came calling. Cale talked about the first time he spoke with Levy after the sacking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was key speaker at the "Modern Day Hero" dinner and right in the middle of my speech i felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. Luckily id had it on vibrate otherwise that would have been embarassing. At an interval i saw i had 3 missed calls and 2 new messages from Dan. After the meal i called him back and we had a chat. I wont divulge what he said but it ended with me saying "Sorry but there is more chance of Dale Winton getting it on with that Vordermann woman" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Persistance was the key though as Cale explained how night after night the calls kept arriving.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He was starting to get quite annoying actually, but he knew how i worked and was playing me. Stating how i had started something but not finished it and how i had lost the respect of other managers, especially after my first book "How to be a successful football icon" became a best seller. Finally when he texted me what transfer budget we would have, i was tempted and agreed to come down and have a look at the squad training </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That he did and within a week he had decided to take up the role. 10 games in and with Spurs mid table yet again it should be somewhat of a challenge for Cale. One though that many feel he will relish.

Cale gets stuck in

Its only been 1 day since Spurs appointed Jimmy Cale as manager but already he is making an impact.

18 reserve team players were free transfered and 8 "first teamers" were told to find another club and were placed on the transfer list. This would go someway to relieving the massive wage bill brought about by a lack of success. It is reported Cale must trim 200k off this to enable him to bring in new staff and players.

After just one day at the club it is clear what is needed to gain some stability.

1.) Cut wage bill by 200k - free transfer and offer out players not in plans.

2.) Draft in new coaches for new tactic/training plan

3.) 5 New players a World Class DMC, a young DMC, Young Striker and 2 squad players.

4.) Invest in youth - 2/3 class players coming through

It wont be easy but ive put the wheels in motion to achieve the 4 point plan. This season is one of devlopment and a mid table finish is my challenge to the players.

Apart from some over-aged has beens the squad is pretty good. Some key players from my last reign such as King, Dawson and Fred. They are getting on a bit but they should form the experience of the team for next 2 seasons if they continue to perform. There are also some quality young players in the first team as well so im pretty confident we can do some damage but at the moment the squad isnt big enough to compete with the best.

It will be interesting to see what happens after my first day dealings and actions. Hopefully i can speed things up so that we are settled for the second half of the season as thats the point whereby i will judge my first season in charge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

ps lions were poor werent they!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They sure were

Clive (stripped of the Sir bit by the Celts) i hear is now working the party scene. Lot of demand for him at Kids parties. Arise Clive the Clown.

Archived