Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

Boro do the double

After clinching the title with a point away to 3nd place chelsea, mighty boro have created history by going one better than last season and winning the champions league 3-1 aet against roma.

fittingly bierofka in his last game for the club set up cavenaghi for his 50th goal of the season.

all industry on teesside has closed down for the rest of the week as parties go on all over belgrade(venue of final) and the boro

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

Lost Fa Cup to a bu11Sh1ting computer AI. Peter Cech, who the phucking hell is Peter Cech the gob Sh1te..

Man i hate FM icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

weren't you happy with the result stevey? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still ****ed off as we talk.

Swansea Report

Okay heres my report for Week Ending 14th August 2005

Session Date: 8th August 2005

Players Signed: 3

Gary Neville D RC Man Utd Free (Arrives 1-7-2012)

Emil Hallfreosson AM L Sheff Wed Free (Arrives 1-7-2012)

Robert Earnshaw F C Derby Free (Arrives 1-7-2012)

Players Released: 1

Darren Richards S C

Results

EC Swansea 0 vs 2 Gillingham

Gillingham Scorers: Richard Langley (Pen 12) & Paul Heffernan (90)

EC Preston 3 vs 0 Swansea

Preston Scorers: Paul Wood (4), Neil Clement (24) & Lee Beale (41)

EC Swansea 1 vs 0 Sheff Wed

Swansea Scorers: James Graham (25)

EC Walsall 1 vs 0 Swansea

Walsall Scorers: Scott Garner (5)

EC Swansea 2 vs 0 Millwall

Swansea Scorers: James Graham (32) & Filip Sebo (81)

EC Nottm Forest 1 vs 0 Swansea

Nottm Forest Scorers: Barry Johnston (13)

Championship position at end of session: 20th

Session Date: 9th August 2005

Andrew Nicholas D/DM L

Transfer Listed Players: 1

Russell Anderson D C Asking Price: £12K

Players Signed: 1

Martin Albrechtsen SW/D RLC Leeds Free

Results

EC Swansea 2 vs 1 Luton

Swansea Scorers: James Graham (15 & 80)

Luton Scorers: Patrick Agyemang (30)

EC Reading 1 vs 0 Swansea

Reading Scorers: Cillian Kelly (72)

Championship Position at end of Season: 20th

Start of Preseason 2012/13

Players Sold: 1

Luke Steele GK Coventry £35K

Managers Comments

Okay I think Swansea has made little progress since last season but at least they finished 1 position up from last seasons finishing position. Hopefully with all these new signings I can get Swansea into a more respectable position this season.

Everton return to Premiership as Champions

After a long hard season battling with Cardiff in the championship for the title all the work finally paid off and we were handed it on a plate you could say.

The last few games didnt go to plan for cardiff and they lost some valuable points which left us with 3 points to get from the last 2 games of the season.

Being the kind man that i am i decided to give some of the less hopeful players a run out on the pitch.

These players performed better than i expected and we won our last 2 games of the season keeping clean sheets with Luke Bloomfield impressing and Richard Morris scoring his first for the club.

We ended on a high and pre season for the new season has gone as well as could be expected with Rodriguez keeping 5 clean sheets in 6 games and Enckleman the sub keeping clean sheets in all 6.

Although they wasnt exactly world class opposition it was still good to get a little bit of practice in before the new season kicks off.

A few tranfers have also been taking place at the Everton camp and im delighted to of signed a couple of players that i have done to prove that im determined to keep Everton in the Premiership this time round.

With Robin van Persie moving to liverpool for a record £7.25 million that gave me enough transfer kitty to bring in a proven goalscorer and a couple more players for other areas i felt need strengthening a little.

The tranfers in for the new season are as follows.

Jussi-Pekka Savolainen

Uwe Schroder

Guiseppe Mancini

Johan Vonlanthen

Luis Ernesto Perez

Some good new players for the new season with big name signing vonlanthen signed for 5.5 million a steal in my eyes and hopefully he will have a great season.

Savolainen was brought in due to van persie going and with osman being the only other left wing currently they will have to fight each other for the place.

Schroder is a very talented 20 year old german left back who looks very good. May need a little more experience though before he fits into my first team plans.

Mancini is probably the best buy snapped up on a free and decided to join us after rejecting to join other top clubs. Only 17 and already worth just under 6 million surely one to watch for the future.

Perez was welcomed by all the fans when joining so is sure to be a big fans favourite this season. A solid dmc that should do a very good job in the top flight of english football.

The team already looks very good and im confident that we can keep ourselves up this season.

We open our season with a game against bolton away next session monday lets just hope we start off well and it continues.

My season predictions to come over the next few days icon_smile.gif

Season 8 Review

was this a good season or was it a stinker lets find out:

Lee :- Everton

without doubt the scientists are doing some thorough tests on lee right now, the common belief being that after guiding eveton to the championship title and the fa cup semi final that it wasnt actually lee in charge but his mam, after all lee nevers achieves anything in this game icon_biggrin.gif.

An excellant season for the toffees dominating there league throughout and getting much needed revenue from the cup run.

prediction for next season, well possibly the transfer deal of the game for me, signing vonlanthen for 5.5m less than 12 months after he had been sold to norwich for 35m (norwich still owe half of that as well) everton have a solid squad if sometimes dodgy manager, if he can have a good season (which he doesnt tend to do after promotion) then i believe that everton will get a mid table placing probably 12th. i dont fancy everton for a good cup run which should mean there players are fit for the league games.

Stevey :- Birmingham

For several seasons now stevey has been the biggest threat to the big teams in the league consistant high placings in the league and good cup runs, only tempered by the failure so far to get any silverware. now i know that stevey was well annoyed to lose in the fa cup final after getting an excellant 3rd place in the league but this reminds me of middlesbrough not too long ago where we consistantly challenged but didnt win trophies, hopefully stevey will get the change in fortune he is looking for.

prediction stevey's brummies are firmly established as a champions league team, whilst top spot in the premiership may be beyond him (although ever season he seems to get closer), this could be the season for the bummies to win something possibly the league cup. final league placing will be another champions league placing, probably 3rd. i feel steveys team is aging in a few areas, attack is sound savoila is mr creative, but at the back there are weeknesses, colocini could fill the gap but can he adapt to the premiership at this stage in his career?

Mike :- Ipswich

Great season for mike, ipswich clinching the final uefa spot i think on the last game, just pipping arsenal for it. a very promising youth system at ipswich means they dont need to spend masses of money on players and that if needs be he can sell qome of his young stars to generate quick funds. always a difficult game at portman road they must improve away from home to move on.

predictions, bit of a small squad could be hit hard by european football this season, this will cost automatic european football spot for next season, but a top 10 finish will help continue to establish the tractor boys as they plough through the league

Aida :- WBA/Arsenal

Aida had done wonders with wba, developing them into a top team over the past couple of seasons they had started to slip and it was no surprise to see aida take over at arsenal where the gunners were struggling. dissapointing end to the season for aida, losing the league cup final and ending up in the intertwobob after the league campaign ended.

predictions, this could either be a great season or a horror, arsenal have been great but they have a very old team one which aida has set about rebuilding, however arsenal have started to become more demanding and as such i expect they will demand champions league qualification or aidas job could be under threat. the uefa cup is there for arsenal to win if they get through the intertoto, but this could be a distraction from their main aim of the premiership. final placing 5th votes of confidence by end of season 2

Sean :- Spurs

Sean missed a lot of the season during which his assistant managed to win the league cup, a dissapointing league season which had some big wins and big losses shows exactly where spurs need to strengthen. a world class attack, a pub class defence cheers.

predictions if sean strenghtens his defence considerably he could be a surprise title challenger, however the huge wages left on his strikers by an ex manager has meant that he will need to sell some of that amazing attacking talent to fund it. the question is will he get the balance right? if not he will end closer to the bottom of the league points wise than the top. final position next season 8th could challenge for uefa cup if arsenal balls it up

Ant :- Barnsley

ant has been consistantly bad for a couple of seasons now unfortunately. luckily he may have some stability after scraping championship survival on the last day of the season. barnsley are one of the smaller teams so ant needs to ensure he makes the most of the loan system (all boro's players aged 17-20 available for season long loans icon_wink.gif).

prediction for next season, doubtfull to mount an automatic promotion challenge, but the end of season form coupled with hopefully some decent signings should allow for a play off challenge, may fall just short though 9th in championship

Razor :- West Ham

razor will be delighted to stay up after a couple of season yoyoing between the top two leagues. a very good manager he should now be able to build the hammers into a solid mid table team before moving on over the next few seasons.

predictions will just finish above lee in 11th but with no relegation worries i think a semi final in one of the cups is not impossible.

Joey :- Aston Villa

when joey took over villa they were in deep trouble and the transfer window had closed till january, things didnt improve until some good signings were made in the january window but by then it was too late ending up adrift at the bottom and relegated with a few games to go.

predictions, bookies favourites for promotion but with the bookies favourite for the sack in charge, villa must have a good start or joey will be back to the job centre again final placing 2nd manager unknown

Tony :- Swansea

tony and swansea had a dissapointing time, whilst it was his first full season at the club tony must have been dissapointed to be as near to the drop zone as he was.

predicitons swansea have signed some experienced players but are they too old, a fine balance needs watching here as tony must make sure he has some youthfull players in his team to counter the slowing aged signings, that said i think albrecthsen will do a good job for you and swansea will improve but only to 14th

Paul :- Southampton/No Club

highlight of the season must have been beating chelsea, unfortunately paul missed several sessions and his assistant was pants, good luck finding a new job

Nick :- Sheff Utd

holiday boy nick had a good season finishing in the top half of the premiership, hopefully he will stll have a squad when he gets back

Me :- Middlesbrough

best season yet for boro, winning the premiership and the champions league not to mention reaching the semi of the fa cup, cavenaghi scored 50 goals in the season, but this was a season of injuries, with other 25 players playing more than 20 games for boro, it was a season were strength in depth was so important.

predictions for boro, unsure really, after achieving all i can with boro it may be time to find a new job, unfortunately manager wages of 28k pw rule out all the interesting lower league jobs so i may have to wait for a bigger club to get relegated or for joey to get sacked icon_cool.gif if i am still at boro the one trophy i have yet to win (despite reaching the semi finals 6 times in 8 seasons) is the fa cup so that may become a priority. final placing ?

Good review and predicitions good stuff icon14.gif

Just to let everyone know all sessions are on for next week icon_smile.gif and can everyone please send their votes to me of who their manager of year and worst manager of year is cheers.

My review and predictions to come soon and website to be updated. Have a good weekend all and as usual remember reports

So far i have 2 votes and mike now does so please can the rest vote thanks icon_smile.gif.

All season 8 data is now on the website also so feel free to go have a look Here

Speak to everyone next monday session if anyone wants game loaded for t+t throughout the weekend sometime then please let me know icon_smile.gif

Tottenham looking for top 6

With 3 mid table finishes in my 3 seasons in the game i am looking to take my team forward this season and look for a top 6

finish. I have decided to slightly alter my formation to hopefully tighten up my defence without loosing all of my attacking

flair.

After doing well in the EUFA Cup last season i will hoping to have a successful campaign this term aswell and hopefully

progress on last years dissappointment in the semi final.

Transfers In

1.7.2012 Carr, Steve Millwall Free

1.7.2012 McGeady, Aiden Celtic Free

1.7.2012 Felipe Sochaux Free

1.7.2012 Fletcher, Darren Middlesbrough £5M

1.8.2012 Van Dinther, Lars PSV Free

I have strengthened my midfield with the signing of Darren Fletcher and Aiden McGeady, Fletcher will become an automatic

starter where as McGeady will start out as a squad player and hopefully press for a starting chance.

I have also added strength in depth to my attack with the signings of another Brazillian in Felipe and young Steve Carr,

these 2 will be mainly squad player and will hopefully weigh in with a few goals when they are given their chance.

At present i have only added 1 defender to the squad with the signing of Van Dinther who looks to be a good solid center

half. I am looking for a couple more defenders though with hopefully a left and right back coming in.

These signing give me the flexability to change my formation if results do not go the way i am hoping.

Transfers Out

1.7.2012 Stead, Jonathan Sunderland £1.2M

1.7.2012 Diouf, El-Hadji Auxerre Free

1.7.2012 dos Santos, Giovanni Betis £1.5M

These are the 3 main transfers out during the summer but i am hoping to maybe get rid of a couple more of my un-needed first

team players to bring down my wage bill a bit. I expect to see 3 or 4 more departures before the end of the transfer window.

My current squad is as follows

Robert Green GK

Kasper Schmeichel GK

Lars Van Dinther SW/D RC

Anthony Vanden Borre SW/D/DM RC

Michael Dawson D C

Daniele Zacchino D C

Manu D/DM L

Ledley King D/DM C

Marco Donadel DM C

Marcel Schilder DM C

Darren Fletcher AM RC

Jermaine Jenas AM RC

Aiden McGeady AM RC

Henok Goitom AM/F RLC

Christian Wilhelmsson AM/F RLC

Shaun Maloney AM/F C

James McFadden F LC

Dagoberto F C

Robinho S C

Fred S C

Felipe S C

Steve Carr S C

This squad gives me plenty cover in most positions with only a couple of full backs required.

Best of luck for the season everyone.

Sean Bell

Alrite guys here comes my review for last season and predictions for the coming season for all managers involved icon_smile.gif.

Lee Owens (Me) - Everton

i'll start off with myself might aswell. Had a great season probably the best in my career so far managing to win the championship after a close last few days. Also managed to reach the Fa cup semi final which i was pleased with but unfourtunately couldnt make it any further.

With a world class striker managing to agree terms with us for the new season my side is looking very good. A very strong dmc has also joined amongst a few other players.

If my players play to their full potential i'd hope for a mid table finish

Final Position: 14th

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough

Won the title and won the champions league had a great season with boro.

Should have a fantastic season again and hopefully get the only trophy that he is after now the FA Cup so that he can move on.

Final position: 2nd

Stevey Toner - Birmingham

Finished 3rd just behind chelsea this season matching his all time best. I'd imagine stevey would want to improve upon where his team finish and hopefully get 2nd.

A cup run is also vital to stevey as he has still not won any cup with birmingham despite getting to the FA Cup final.

Final position: 3rd

Simon White - West Ham

Kept his west ham side up finally after having a great season. Although still very close to the relegation spots his side just managed to avoid them.

This season is again going to be hard for simon white but staying in the premiership last season will of gave a lot of confidence to his players so im sure he can do it again.

Final position: 16th

Mike Law - Ipswich

Ipswich fans must be thrilled with the level of football they seen their side playing last season. Mike had a sensational season and guided Ipswich into the Euro cup.

I think europe is going to take the toll on mikes players a little this season. Still nevertheless I dont think mikes team have to worry about relegation anymore.

Final position: 9th

Joey Briggs - Aston Villa

Poor old joey aint got much luck of late. Took on an aston Villa side who were right at the bottom of the premiership and looked doomed.

Too be honest they were not managing many points in the premiership at all and finishing with a record low i think.

I hope Joey will bounce back with his villa side but with no new signings and no doubt players becoming unhappy due to relegation it could be a pretty bad season again and he could be looking for another new job.

Final position: 10th

Ant Banach - Barnsley

Since Ant managed to keep Barnsley up in championship football for this season Barnsley have been a totally changed side.

With a couple of average players already signed for the new season i think Ant will keep his side up once more and maybe go for even more.

Final position: 13th

Tony Hall - Swansea

I have questioned Tony's abilities from time to time and wondered why he has signed certain players but i think this time round it will be a good season for Tony and his team and will hopefully be a sucess.

Some good new players have come into the swansea club most noticably being Robert Earnshaw signed on a free and Phil Neville. Although old players they should still provide swansea with enough strength to push for a higher finishing position this season.

Final position: 11th

Sean Bell - Tottenham

Struggled again in the premiership and only managed a pretty poor 10th place finish. However his team did manage to defy the odds and lift the League Cup.

Rumours are that sean is looking to offload a lot of players this season the only problem could be offloading the wrong ones icon_smile.gif.

Final position: 11th

Aida Connolly - WBA/Arsenal

After WBA were slipping a bit and becoming less of a threat to the top sides in the Premiership Aida took on the new job at Arsenal 3 quarters way through the season and finished in 7th place

This season for Aida will just be one where he will be getting familiar with his new players. A manager with as good ability as Aida will usually do well so i think Arsenal will have a pretty sucessful season.

Final position: 5th

Nick Sousounis - Sheff Utd

Swapped his team for a month in the sun icon_smile.gif. His assistant done a job that Nick should be rather pleased with and finished mid table i think.

Hard to say how he will do this season but im sure he will keep you up Nick.

Final position: 10th

Paul Curtis - No Club

Ended the season without a job. Seen as a little harsh and if it wasnt for that bloody hoover may still of had a job icon_smile.gif.

This season is job hunting time for Paul and im sure whichever club appoints him as their new manager he should do pretty well for them.

Final Position: N/A

So thats everyone then good luck to all managers in the 9th season icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

just a reminder lee, i wont be in the session tonight, got family down and very early start tommorrow getting them to the airport, i will be in tuesday and weds (so at least i will only miss the slow start to the season)

gl all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright si no problem and cheers ste icon_smile.gif

Confidence High At Ipswich

After a fantastic season last year Ipswich are looking to build on that success in the coming season. Now in the UFEA Cup it remains to be seen if the The Tractor Boy's are punching above their weight or becoming a quility side. It has been reported that confidence is high in the Ipswich camp after a good pre-season and with a few new signings as Law looks to add depth to his sqaud before the coming season.

Trans In

Frederic Nimani N'Galou - Free from Monaco

Tom Huddlestone - Free from derby

Paul Holland - Free

David Ball - Free

Carl Garvey - Free

Ryan Appleby - 210K from Hibs

Lee Sutton - 350K from Kaiserslautern

Constantin Badea - Free

Claudio Giordano - 575K from Milan

Paul Connolly - 300K from Bolton

Luca Russo - 500K from Roma

John Garner - 675K from Cardiff

Gary Riley - 45K from Burscough

Michael Williamson - 85K from Burscough

Total spending 2.7 Million.

Trans Out

Walter Vilchez - 300K to Trabzonspor

Somone Perrotta - Free

Mounir El Hamdaoui - 2.5M to Feyenoord

Dario Veron - Free to Puebla

Game 1

Ipswich 2.0 W.B.A

Good start, deserved the win in a game that we dominated. An own goal from Eriksen gave us an early lead and Avdic came off the bench to score the second goal from a corner in the 81st min. Gamst Pedersen got Man of the match with Moore, Noble and Bowditch also put in meritable performances.

Game 2

Sheff Utd 0.2 Ipswich

Great performance from the whole team. Dominated the game with 16 shots to their 8. A 4th min goal from Casey put us in front and a second from sub Dave Lamb (remember that name icon_wink.gif )secured the win in the 76th min. Michael Jakobsen got Man of the match with Ederson and Moore also playing great.

Game 3

Ipswich 3.1 Southampton

Dominated the game again. A 20th min goal from Milner put us in front. Fabricio leveled the game in the 24th min. Avdic scored his second of the season in the 43rd min. Then Lamb scored his second goal of the season in the 89th min, after coming off the bench (told u to remember his name). Ederson got Man of the Match with most of the team putting in good performances.

Team of the week: Michael Jakobsen and Ederson both got into the premiership team of the week.

Trans In

Anatoliy tymoschuk - Free

Game 4

Ipswich 0.3 Liverpool

Poor game didn't play well at all. Vucinic scored for Liverpool in the 2nd min then again in the 36th with Lauth getting their 3rd in the 50th min. Bowditch got sent off after a second yellow card. All in all i game i want to forget.

The 3 wins and 1 loss puts me in 6th place with a game in hand over 4 of the teams above me.

Yeah i agree icon_smile.gif. By the way si you sort of won the community shield then after the 2nd game of the season an error came up saying fm has run out of memory and will now close.

So therefore we had to play the games again right from the start of the season where you lost on penalties this time in the community shield icon_frown.gif.

Your assistant also got beat in the super cup and aint started off too well in the league but when you see all your injuries then im sure you will understand why icon_frown.gif.

Speak to you all in session tonight icon_smile.gif

Ipswich

Trans In

Davide Longo - 550K from Juventus

Game 5

Arsenal 2.1 Ipswich

Dominated the game. An early pen gave arsenal the lead. Avdic leveled the game in the 26th min. Pedersen and Ederson both got injured in the 41st and 48th mins. Harbuzi scored the winner for arsenal in the 53rd min. The injures cost me at least a point in my opinion.

Injures

Pedersen - 1 Week with damaged shoulder

Ederson - 1 Week with twisted knee

Young player of the month

James Casey won young player of the month and Dave Lamb came in 3rd.

Team of the Week

Ian Moore and Michael Jakobsen both got into the team of the week.

Game 6

Chelsea 2.0 Ipswich

Average performance. First half goals from Salatiello and Podolski gave Chelsea the win. Not much else i can say really icon_rolleyes.gif.

EURO Cup Game 1

1st Round Leg 1

OFK Beograd 0.3 Ipswich

As expected really. Dominated the game with goals from Bowditch, Casey and Avdic in the first half, this ment i could rest key members for the second half. 16 year old John Garner got his first game for the club and Ian Moore got Man of the Match.

Trans In

Pascal Rodrigues - Free

Game 7

West Ham 1.1 Ipswich

Very even, point each was fair imo. A 4th min goal from Avdic put us in front and a 33rd min goal from farnerud leveled the game. Avdic was given man of the match.

yeam of the week

Morten Gamst Pedersen managed to make it into this weeks team of the week.

EURO Cup

1st Round Leg 2

Ipswich(3) 2.1 (0)OFK Beograd

Dominated again, would have scored more if it wasn't fro their goalkeeper Stojanovic, who also got man of the match. Goals from Rossi and Casey won the game for us.

Injure

Dave Lamb - 3 weeks with back strain

EURO Cup Groups Drawn

Ipswich are in Group H with Lazio, Monaco, Litex and Ujpest.

All in all not the pest session in the league for me, tho did have some hard teams and got got to group stage of EURO Cup witch is good as the money will help icon_cool.gif

Boro start to climb

i would say my assistant is going to get fired for the poor start to the season but with there being about 42 assistants at the club i dont know who to blame icon_frown.gif

anyway, boro had a decent little session tonight, helped by 3 league games against human players.

after starting the session with 13 players out for the first game against seans spurs i was unsure how we would perform i need not have worried an excellant game at the lane saw boro storm into a 3-0 lead with carignano grabbing a hat trick only for spurs to come back and equalise in the 87th minute, i was spitting feathers by now especially as i had made changes when feeling cocky about the win and looked like blowing it. luckily carignano was on hand in injury time to reclaim the 3 points for boro spurs 3 boro 4 top game mind

next was lee's everton who had had a great start to the season. this was fairly one sided and lees keeper kept them in the game, after a scrappy goal for each team, boro took over and went on to win 3-1 with lee not getting any more shots

the last game of the session for boro was home to razors west ham, now this was the day after boro had arranged to sell torres to someone for £40m and it was no surprise when he finally scored his first goal of the season (missed a penalty which also wasnt a surprise) game ran out 4-0 to boro which was just about deserved.

couple of other games in the clan 2 champions league draws for the reserves and another league win but now sure on full details for them.

transfers to be confirmed later although over 100m of funds is being generated by selling some fringe players and some players who cant settle in the area (players not been able to settle in beautiful boro is beyond me icon_confused.gif)

will post full transfers and stuff later

(players not been able to settle in beautiful boro is beyond me icon_confused.gif)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lovely whinny banks

icon_cool.gif

Everton the suprise package as their return to the premiership starts off rather well

Monday 15th August session

So another new season was upon us and due the sucess of last year paying off we now found ourselves in the Premiership.

Many times we had found ourselves in the premiership before and gone straight back down so this time i was determined to try and keep my team up so that meant a stack full of new players going to have to be brought into the squad.

Transfers in

Johan Vonlanthen from Norwich for 5.5 million

Guiseppe Mancini signed on a free

Jussi-Pekka Savolainen from Tampere Utd for 275k

Uwe Schroder from Leverkusen on a free

Luis Ernesto Perez from Celta on a free

Christian Garcia from Nantes for 1.1 million

Not a lot has gone wrong so far with these signings and Vonlanthen and Perez have both proved already to be very solid players.

Vonlanthen playing a vital part in setting up some of our goals and perez has just been a solid dmc so far which is probably why we aint conceeded that many so far.

Savolianen has also been great on the left wing game in game out and has proved to be a decent aquisition. Hopefully they can keep it up.

The new season was moments away then and our first game was a reletivly easy game compared to some of the other teams in the premiership.

Bolton 0-0 Everton

Man of match: Perez

A solid performance by my defence and a game which we should of won and with Bolton going down to 10 men on the 75th minute with Park Ji-Sung being sent off i thought we were going to grab a late goal but despite being all over them we just couldnt get that goal and it ended all square.

Everton 1-0 Tottenham (Sean)

Scorer: Own Goal

Man Of Match: Christian Rodriguez

Possibly game of the season for me already with out having played any of the other games yet. Couldnt of got a more even game. The only thin that seperated us both was an own goal which Ledley King scored on the 40th minute although it was clearly an own goal and should of been Cahill's.

A stunning performance by both teams keepers kept the scoreline from going out of control. Rob green in the tottenham goal was making some incredible saves and if it wasnt for Christian Rodriguez in my goal they could of well equalised maybe even got a winner.

Rodriguez got man of the match getting a 9 aswell as tottenhams keeper also getting a 9 rating.

Everton 4-0 West Ham (Razor)

Scorers: Taylor, De Pinho (2), Vonlanthen

Man of match: Leon Osman

This was just one of those games and after a quite 1st half with the score being 0-0 at half time we stepped up a gear and after a few half time subs most noticably Robert De Pinho coming on we started off the 2nd half much better and Steven Taylor my full back suprised we with a cracking curler from outside of the box to take us 1 up.

Robert De Pinho then got a 2nd some 10 minutes later and things really started to heat up as Mark van den Boogaart was shown the door to reduce West Ham down to 10 men.

10 minutes later and another West Ham player was sent off this time Matthew Bates. This is really what West Ham didnt want im sure and the game was dead and buried from then on really.

With De pinho grabbing his 2nd of teh game and making it 3-0 then Johan Vonlanthen finishing the job off nicely to give us what i seen as a great win with another clean sheet.

Fulham 1-1 Everton

Scorers: Robert De Pinho and Kikin Fonseca for Fulham

Man Of Match: Stephan Appiah (Fulham)

The last game obviously have influenced one of my players a lot as in this game we found ourselves down to 10 men 3 minutes into the game.

Still we managed to hold our ground very well and if any team looked like scoring it was mine as we having most of the posession.

Shot after shot was being wasted for both teams and we went into half time drawing 0-0.

Again on came De pinho and he scored on the 55th minute to take us into the lead. Again we continued to press but wasnt able to hold on to the lead and in the end a 1-1 draw was probably fair.

Everton 2-1 Leicester

Scorers: Osman, Taylor and Stephen Hughes for Leicester

Man Of Match: Samir Handanovic (Leicesters GK)

The team who for the past 4 meetings we had came out on top against them and beat them. This game wasnt much different but was more close than previous encounters.

We started the match superbly going 1 up on 15 minutes. But seconds later we were pegged back as Leicester equalised.

Half time approached and again we went into it drawing.

Then second half kicked off and we were awarded a corner. The corner was met beautifully by Steven Taylors head and we went 2-1 up.

We managed to hold onto the win which in the past we havent found easy to do and this put us into the top half of the premiership after Mondays session.

Leicesters keeper has a great game and kept out quite a lot of shots to stop the scoreline from being bigger.

So a fantastic start so far to our life back in the Premiership but as i always say its very early days but i've got every belief that my team will stay up this season.

Tuesday and Wednesday session reports to follow over the next few days but until then thats it. Im off with my Everton squad to get ready for our next game icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

(players not been able to settle in beautiful boro is beyond me icon_confused.gif)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lovely whinny banks

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont forget the delights of brambles farm ,south bank grangetown and grove hill!!!

Confident Start To Season For Relegation Candidates

Barnsley's Signings

David Limbersky DMC/RLC - Cardiff - £Free

Béla Hegedús AMC/C - Újpest - £150k

Matthew O'Connor DMC/M/S - Free - $Free

Steve Matthews M/C - FREE - £FREE

James Simmonds AM/L - FREE - $FREE

Adam Hill D/R - FREE - £FREE

Antonio Lopez DM/C - Deportivo - £Free

Craig Roberts S - Cariff - £240k

Players Out

Robbie Foy - Free - Hearts

Derek Niven - Free - Dundee

Ian Marshall - 40k Watford.

Matches

Sunderland 1 - 1 Barnsley

Stead 43 Vega 12 (pen)

Good Start to the Season for us, against newly relegated sunderland, who are one of the favourites to go up, we did hang on towards the end and had the on loan keeper barrow to thank really, vega also gettin man of match.

Barnsley 0 - 2 Blackpool

Halford 1,21

Partridge s/off 90

Quite a poo performance to start the home campaign off with, early goal conceded due to bad keeping, but Barrow made up for it with some brilliant saves, We found it difficult to beat Blackpools defence, and with only 2 fit strikers, we struggled.

BARNSLEY 1 - 0 WOLVES

Mazek 71

A much better performance against wolves, mazek opening his tally, this was better stuff from the tykes, we were making possesion count.

Doncaster 2 - 0 Barnsley

Lita 29,86 Jakubowski s/off 47

Another lapse in Barnsleys defence caused them problems for the away trip to doncaster, it wasnt helped by the sending off of Jakubowski on his debut, but again some not very good football.

Barnsley 3 - 1 Hull

Radtke 52,82 Johnson 56

Mazek 68

A Game which only ever had 1 team in it, after watchin the defence fall apart in the last match, radtke was signed from ipswich on loan for 3months to temporarly fix the gap, strong performance from us in this match, played well.

York City 1 - 1 Barnsley

Armstrong Kuqi pen

Barnsley lose 4-3 on pens.

........ no coment.............

Norwich 4 - 3 Barnsley

webster25 Mazek III

bangoura III

Barnsley 3 - 0 qpr

mancini 41

spencer 86

vega 90

portsmouth 0 - 2 barnsley

mazek 47

hegedus 52

barnsley 2 - 0 derby

radtke 2

mazek 87

Reading 1 - 1 Barnsley

forbes 1 ahdown o/g 14

barnsley 0 - 0 gillingham

n/a n/a

LOAN SIGNINGS.

JOE SCOTT - BORO

SEBASTIAN RADTKE - IPSWICH

GUISEPPE MANCINI - EVERTON

DAVID BARROW - EVERTON.

poor session for boro but update on transfer front, the following players are leaving in january transfer window:-

christian rossi to cagliari £2.5m

Alexander Franz to Oberhausen £2.5m

Roald Otten to Ajax £15m

Fabrizio Melara to Liverpool £15m

John Heitinga to Man utd £5m

To Felipe Vieira to PSG £15m

Fernando Torres to Inter £40m

Nigel de john to Chelsea £10m

Alberto Aquilani to Charlton £12m

Matthias Schmitt to Bayern £15m

so £152m coming into the boro obviously some money is being spent but once again the long term future of the boro is established

VILLA BACK ON TRACK

after being sacked after the famous crash Briggs and villa have found a new form of life and are actually winning a few games, even though in a league below. Briggs knew he would be underpressure from fans and board at the start of the season and he need a few signings..which were

daniel bierofka free

trond bertelsen free

reinhardt loan

on the way out after a relegation...not alot of 1st teamers but aload of crap and sadly bruno robert he needed to be sold because he had high wages-2.3m. Villa started the season join favourites with blackburn. which played each other on 1st game. briggs knew he needed a good start to get everyyone off his back first 3 games were not goodicon_frown.gif

villa 0-0 blackburn stalemate neither side looked good goin forward.

preston 1-1 villa happy with the point after late equaliser from luke moore

villa 0-2 sheff wed disappointed this was when i got the good old vote of confidence

wolves 0-2 villa finally get 3 points and looked good farfan double provin hes to good for the division

millwall 0-2 villa new found partner for farfan marica makes that other striker spot his with two goals

villa 2-0 doncaster obodo taylor the scorers in league cup 1st round

villa 2-0 forrest who were 2nd at the time davenport and farfan

swansea 2-4 villa davenport taylor andersson marica made swansea manager tony sick, he was unlucky but a good game

villa 2-0 palace marica and farfan provin a good partnership with a goal each

wigan 0-4 villa great display at the jjb anderson with 2 and marica with 2

southampton 2-0 villa defeat in cup ends villas run of 7 games won in a row

villa 2-1 coventry important for villa to go back to winning ways which they didicon_smile.gif moore, bertelsen

man city 0-4 villa great display again away from home mirica with 2 bierofka with 1st goal for club and frehiem holm off the bench

villa 2-0 stoke comfortably beat strugglers stoke goals from marica

sunderland 0-0 villa tricky away tie against black cats got a good result in end which ended a run of 9 strate wins in league

villa 1-0 blackpool andersson gets villa back to winning ways

barnsley 0-1 villa good result against ants high flyers barnsley who were very unlucky i may add. a 1st minute goal from obodo

villa 2-0 doncaster goals from andersson and farfan another clean sheet makes it 6 games none conceded

hull 2-0 villa poor display down at the KC 1st defeat in 13 games

villa 2-0 norwich 1st v 2nd at villa park and 1st pl;ace looked much the stronger puttinv illa back on track which has left em 11 points clear goals from marica and moore.

At the moment villa looking to good for the championship! with a prem line up.

Ian Harrison

henry traore davenport bertelsen

obodo©

mancini bierofka

andersson

farfan mirica

reinthardt and taylor normaly in there sumwhere aswell icon_smile.gif. hopefully villa can find themself in the top flight agen next season even tho wont be much success because of the gr8 team they already have. BRiggs has even got the board satisfied with his perfromance..good work lads keep it up!!!

Just to let all you guys know all sessions are again on this week and mon and tues ones are back to a 11 finish instead of 12. Also nice to see you reporting joey icon14.gif

My next few reports to follow soon have a good weekend all and remember to report yourselves icon_smile.gif

Speak to you all monday session im off to earn my pennies now icon_frown.gif

Everton to put tags on all there players soon as so many

Evertons squad is expanding that much they may be starting their own carboot sale soon to offload a lot of the less fortunate ones any takers? icon_wink.gif (i hear that polish dude is quite good not sure which one though icon_biggrin.gif)

Of course there will be some takers if not i will just have to dump some of them in the local skip and just watch them fight each other.

Ok then so with the pressure on Everton manager Lee Owens to try and keep his sqaud up this season he is going to have to keep bribing the referee's as so far it seems to be working and the Everton squad's rations have doubled for the month due to Evertons finances increasing by a couple of pounds.

These couple of pounds has also meant that the Everton manager can actually afford to feed himself also.

Our first game of this tuesday session seen us face the Germany u21 saud (I meant simon murphy's boro icon_smile.gif).

We played like england did against denmark the other night.....yes very poor.

But too be honest we were outclassed by simon murphy's wonderboys.

Cahill did manage to sneak a goal in for us though but i think that was just si's team giving us a little chance and making us think that we could get something out of the game.

The end result finished 3-1 which gave us our first defeat of the season which wasnt too bad i suppose.

Next game seen Alex ferguson walk off the pitch in anger at half time as we totally dominated against man utd.

With rodriguez being injured because of boro's dirtyness Peter Enckleman wheeled himself on the pitch to sit in goal for the 90 minutes.

Being 36 years old i wasnt suprised when he let in man utd's only goal which was a penalty. Wasnt really bothered by him conceeding a goal but with heskey being the scorer of it i was furious.

Still we went on to control the game and 2 goals from Cahill, Horvat and a 5th netted by vonlanthen gave us a 5-1 win which i didnt expect.

The League cup next where again i fielded some of my ******** players and paid the price with a bunch of wolves knocking us out. They were poor and we should of won but the League Cup is just one of those shitty cups that has a grudge against me. We lost 1-0

Back to business in the league and we kept a clean sheet. Infact we didnt really need a keeper in for the entire game as west brom were rubbish.

My players left the game and the stadium at half time being 2 up and left west brom to play against no opposition for the 2nd half where they still didnt manage to score a goal.

Sheff Utd next who has been unlucky of late with manager Nick being absent and half of the Sheff Utd players vanishing.

At times it felt as if my team was only playing against about 7 players and 4 cardboard cutouts but the cutouts did move now and again but didnt really have much impact on the game.

Again rodriguez a clean sheet and like the last game didnt have a lot to do so just sat down in his goal and got his sarnies out.

To be fair though nicks sheff utd went down to 9 men as 2 were sent off for stealing the referees wig.

Nick didnt last very long at sheff utd after this and is now clubless icon_frown.gif.

The bright side is though i hear Man City are looking for there 12th manager in 3 seasons icon_razz.gif

So that brings me to the end of tuesdays session report i will report on what happened last season very soon but for now thats it icon_smile.gif

A Shocking start but doesnt end too bad for the Toffees

So when i last reported we had just faced the Cardboard cutout mob squad and it appeared that moments after the game my players were trying to get some tips off them but they were just having none of it.

Still something must of got through to them as the start to this session was a disaster. We had to face the **** saints and we started off well going 1 up but moments later 2 of my players were sent off dont know what for the referee just felt like being a ****,

Due to the sendings off (2 bloody polish players) i had to re-shuffle my squad and change the formation and then it was time to sit back and relax as we watched all the goals poor in. Shame none of them were for Everton and after the match there was a fight in the streets caused by an Everton fan trying to nick a southampton scarf. He'd been converted icon_frown.gif.

We lost 6-1 and it looked very humiliating and with our tough run coming up aswell as facing annoying **** face petr cech in the Chelsea goal thing didnt look too great.

With over a week to rest it was time to punish the 2 polish players Banaczek and Hyps for their dismisals so therefore I actually made them train for once.

Our next game was against Aida's Arsenal team who were a couple of places below us in the league. With no polish players in my team for once my other players were lost and thought they were playing for the wrong team.

An evenly matched game this was and a point was very fair. Aida's side could of gone on to win the game if wasnt for the brilliance of my keeper Rodriguez saving a penalty then the rebound aswell.

We went 1-0 up just after the 2nd half had kicked off with substitue Neil Knight scoring. A few more chances were producing after that but no clear cut scoring chances though until the 85th minute when aida's team popped an equaliser in.

After the game i was approached by sky sports and news and i was asked to comment on my thoughts of the game which were............I didnt think we played bad as a whole i just think it was one of those games where it was always going to be a draw right from the start.

I was impressed by the way we stood up to the opposition and matched everything that they had to throw at us just a shame we couldnt take all 3 points.

So after a good nights sleep my players had long forgotten about last game and were excited to be playing on form liverpool next game.

It started off very well also with us going 2 up which i couldnt really believe and shouldnt of started to as it ended us losing 3-2.

My defenders were just caught napping (no suprise there) and they made some stupid mistakes which players of liverpools quality werent going to muck up.

The hard run continued with us having to face Chelsea now and That annoying bastard Petr Cech. What a boring game it turned out to be and although i jumped of my seat in enjoyment after going 1 up on chelsea on 82 minutes with Emerton scoring i wasted my energy and should of just stayed seated as they scored straight after and the game ended 1-1. Still a fantastic result.

The last game of the weeks sessions ended with a win and a superb one against 9th placed leeds at the time.

After vonlanthen wasnt having much sucess scoring recently i decided to play him in a different position and it resulted in him scoring 2 goals. The goal they scored was a penalty as rodriguez wasnt able to keep it out this time.

Emerton and cahill scored the other 2 and the game ended 4-1.

Again a few injuries as Leeds just couldnt take losing to the better side on the day which was us icon_smile.gif.

A great first week of sessions and our return back to the premiership has so far gone well with us sitting in 6th place after 14 games.

Surely other premiership teams are now getting the message that we are now easy push over. I just hope we can be in this position or about come the end of the season.

If we can then europe could possibly be heading Evertons way but for now im just happy that we are well above th relegation zone and look more than capable of staying in the best league in the world and hardest.

Thats my reports done for now but look out for more following next sessions games icon_smile.gif

A Shocking start but doesnt end too bad for the Toffees

So when i last reported we had just faced the Cardboard cutout mob squad and it appeared that moments after the game my players were trying to get some tips off them but they were just having none of it.

Still something must of got through to them as the start to this session was a disaster. We had to face the not so good saints and we started off well going 1 up but moments later 2 of my players were sent off dont know what for the referee just felt like being a total arse.

Due to the sendings off (2 bloody polish players) i had to re-shuffle my squad and change the formation and then it was time to sit back and relax as we watched all the goals poor in. Shame none of them were for Everton and after the match there was a fight in the streets caused by an Everton fan trying to nick a southampton scarf. He'd been converted icon_frown.gif.

We lost 6-1 and it looked very humiliating and with our tough run coming up aswell as facing annoying petr cech in the Chelsea goal thing didnt look too great.

With over a week to rest it was time to punish the 2 polish players Banaczek and Hyps for their dismisals so therefore I actually made them train for once.

Our next game was against Aida's Arsenal team who were a couple of places below us in the league. With no polish players in my team for once my other players were lost and thought they were playing for the wrong team.

An evenly matched game this was and a point was very fair. Aida's side could of gone on to win the game if wasnt for the brilliance of my keeper Rodriguez saving a penalty then the rebound aswell.

We went 1-0 up just after the 2nd half had kicked off with substitue Neil Knight scoring. A few more chances were producing after that but no clear cut scoring chances though until the 85th minute when aida's team popped an equaliser in.

After the game i was approached by sky sports and news and i was asked to comment on my thoughts of the game which were............I didnt think we played bad as a whole i just think it was one of those games where it was always going to be a draw right from the start.

I was impressed by the way we stood up to the opposition and matched everything that they had to throw at us just a shame we couldnt take all 3 points.

So after a good nights sleep my players had long forgotten about last game and were excited to be playing on form liverpool next game.

It started off very well also with us going 2 up which i couldnt really believe and shouldnt of started to as it ended us losing 3-2.

My defenders were just caught napping (no suprise there) and they made some stupid mistakes which players of liverpools quality werent going to muck up.

The hard run continued with us having to face Chelsea now and That annoying bastard Petr Cech. What a boring game it turned out to be and although i jumped of my seat in enjoyment after going 1 up on chelsea on 82 minutes with Emerton scoring i wasted my energy and should of just stayed seated as they scored straight after and the game ended 1-1. Still a fantastic result.

The last game of the weeks sessions ended with a win and a superb one against 9th placed leeds at the time.

After vonlanthen wasnt having much sucess scoring recently i decided to play him in a different position and it resulted in him scoring 2 goals. The goal they scored was a penalty as rodriguez wasnt able to keep it out this time.

Emerton and cahill scored the other 2 and the game ended 4-1.

Again a few injuries as Leeds just couldnt take losing to the better side on the day which was us icon_smile.gif.

A great first week of sessions and our return back to the premiership has so far gone well with us sitting in 6th place after 14 games.

Surely other premiership teams are now getting the message that we are now easy push over. I just hope we can be in this position or about come the end of the season.

If we can then europe could possibly be heading Evertons way but for now im just happy that we are well above th relegation zone and look more than capable of staying in the best league in the world and hardest.

Thats my reports done for now but look out for more following next sessions games icon_smile.gif

As i was only in the last hour or so of this session i missed 5 league games and 2 EURO Cup games. Here is how my assistant manager got on...

Game 8

Charlton 1.2 Ipswich

Goals came from Milner and Ederson.

Game 9

Ipswich 3.1 Newcastle

Goals from Ederson, Casey and Bowditch.

EURO Cup Grp H

Litex 1.0 Ipswich

Game 10

Ipswich 0.5 Birmingham

Ste taking advantage of the fact that i was not here for this game....i'll get u back dude icon_wink.gif

league Cup 3rd Round

West Ham 1.1 Ipswich

Goal came from Casey. Won game on pens.

Game 11

Bolton 1.2 Ipswich

Goals from Ederson and Hayward.

EURO Cup Grp H

Ipswich 3.0 Ujpest

Goals from Ederson and Casey(2)

So Assistant didn't do to bad would have liked to win both the EURO Cup games but im still in it and still think i can come out of this group on top icon_cool.gif

I came back just in time to play Sean's Spurs, how he must have wished the bus was late icon_wink.gif

Game 12

Ipswich 5.1 Tottenham

The best my team has played so far this season. A 12th min goal form Lamb put us in front with a stunning strike from outside the box, but the game was soon leveled up in the 14th min by McFadden. Then that man again Lamb scored another stunner to put us 2.1 up at HT. A pen from Noble on the 52nd min put us 3.1 up, then another from Casey in the 55th min made it 4.1 and a final goal from sub Rossi made it 5.1 in the 72nd min. If 5.1 wasn't bad enough for sean Jenas got him self sent off in the 80th min. Dave Lamb rightly so got Man of the Match.

League Cup 4th Round

Ipswich 1.1 Fulham

Really should have won this game. An own goal from Reinhard put us 1 up and Robinson leveled the game for Fulham in the 41st min. The went to pens were my team lost 4.2.

So early exit from the League up, EURO Cup hopes are still alive and im 8th in the League with 3 games in hand, 7 points behind 4th witch i could take if i win my 3 games.

Swansea Report

Okay heres my report for Week Ending 21st August 2005

Session Date: 15th August 2005

Loans Out: 1

Gareth Davies M R Torquay 3 Months

Staff Out: 1

Kevin Nugent Assistant Manager

Players Out: 1

Ryan Jarvis F RLC Wolves £120K plus 50% Next Sale

Loans In: 1

Paul Goodwin D C Chelsea End of Season

Results

EC Swansea 0 vs 1 Derby

Derby Scorers: Marcus Tudgay (44)

Red Cards: Richard Burrows (Derby) (86)

EC Reading 1 vs 1 Swansea

Reading Scorers: Linus Ronnback (57)

Swansea Scorers: Tomasz Mazurkiewicz (26)

EC Swansea 2 vs 0 Gillingham

Swansea Scorers: Gary Neville (Pen 6) & Tomasz Mazurkiewicz (27)

EC Blackburn 1 vs 0 Swansea

Blackburn Scorers: Richard Chaplow (26)

Injuries: Gary Neville (Swansea) (22)

EC Swansea 0 vs 0 Preston

LC Swansea 0 vs 1 Portsmouth

Portsmouth Scorer: Stephen Ryan (19)

Injuries: Tomasz Mazurkiewicz (Swansea) (49) & Gianfranco Romito (Swansea) (56)

Red Cards: Jonathan Fortune (Swansea) (33)

EC Sheffield Wed 0 vs 0 Swansea

Championship position at end of session: 19th

Session Date: 16th August 2005

Loans In:

Danny Quinn AM C Tottenham End of Season

Lee Sutton D RC Ipswich End of Season

Players released: 1

Jonathan Tuffey GK

Loans Out:

Darren Roberts D L Chesterfield 3 Months

Results

EC Swansea 2 vs 4 Aston Villa

Swansea Scorers: Keith Lee (28 & 82)

Aston Villa Scorers: David Taylor (11), Ciprian Marica (41), Petter Andersson (48) & Calum Davenport (56)

EC Millwall 1 vs 3 Swansea

Millwall Scorers: Dimitar Lliev (51)

Swansea Scorers: Andy Mitchell Own Goal (8), Danny Quinn (45) & Keith Lee (87)

EC Swansea 0 vs 1 Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest Scorer: Kris Commons (46)

Injuries: Emil Hallfreosson (Swansea) (10)

EC Wolves 0 vs 1 Swansea

Swansea Scorer: Robert Earnshaw (6)

EC Crystal Palace 2 vs 2 Swansea

Crystal Palace Scorers: Jonathan de Guzman(35) & Nigel Reo-Coker (39)

Swansea Scorers: Thommy Williams (2) & Filip Sebo (16)

Championship position at end of session: 17th

Session Date: 17th August 2005

Andy Short D C

Players Sold:

James Graham S C Man City £95K plus 50% next sale

Results

EC Swansea 0 vs 1 Wigan

Wigan Scorer: Lee Miller (Pen 20)

EC Coventry 2 vs 2 Swansea

Coventry Scorers: Michael Chopra (27) & Ian Thomas (90)

Swansea Scorers: Robert Earnshaw (4 & 14)

EC Swansea 1 vs 1 Man City

Swansea Scorers: Robert Earnshaw (78)

Man City Scorers: Lewis Guy (90)

EC Stoke 0 vs 1 Swansea

Swansea Scorers: Ricardo Quaresma (73)

EC Swansea 1 vs 0 Sunderland

Swansea Scorers: Robert Earnshaw (28)

EC Blackpool 3 vs 2 Swansea

Blackpool Scorers: Marcus Bent (31), Jamie McMaster (85) & Kevin Birch (89)

Swansea Scorers: Phil Younghusband (12 & 83)

EC Swansea 1 vs 3 Barnsley

Swansea Scorers: Ricardo Quaresma (Pen 4)

Barnsley Scorers: Christian Ramon Perera Vega (1), Richard Morris (18) & Bela Hegedus (26)

Championship position at end of session: 19th

Managers Comments

|Not much to say but I still need to do a lot of work to this team, the defence has let me down a lot by letting in 2 last minute equalisers in a row and that really annoys me.

Dodgy Start

So after previously finishing in 7th position, Connolly had hoped to bring in some new faces that would add some much needed youth and quality to the team, having doing this with 2 new signings, Fletcher (DC), and Catalano (FC), Connolly had hoped that his team could have a solid start to the season. Obviously this didnt happen, leaving Arsenal near the bottom after a few league games. Eventually the team started to gel and began to play football like the manager had been hoping. The gunners eventually started making their way up the league and have caught up with the top half of the table. However the pressure is already on Connolly as the board and fans expect the team to be right up there with the early front runners.

Connolly will want his team to start showing some consistancy in their performances as currently the team cant seem to hit any good run of form in order for them to close the gap on the teams above them. Connolly has stated that the age of some of the players in the squad is slightly concerning, and he aims to bring in quality younger players in the January transfer window.

After missing out on a few transfer targets Connolly has been to cope with what he has currently got after the transfer window has closed for a couple of months. Connolly has been consistently giving the younger players in the squad the nod over the more experienced players, maybe to give them some much needed first team football, but also to provide the team with some energy and fresh ideas in the league. Connolly will be relying on his whole squad now to start and perform in the league in order for his team to creep up the league and hopefully finsih in a Champions League place come the end of the season.

tottenhambanner2oc.png

Spurs off to Poor Start

A poor start to my league campaign sees me sitting in 9th position with only 18

points from 15 games which is a poor return for a team which i though should be

challenging for a top 6 place. Although i am 9th i am sitting 7 points behind 6th

place and a massive 16 popints behind the current leaders.

Since my last update i have signed 4 new players and sold 3 players who were big

earners.

Transfers In

27.8.2012 Torres, Diego Olimpia £325K

30.8.2012 Mejías, Carlos Barcelona £1.8M

30.8.2012 Müller, Pavel Liverpool £9M

31.8.2012 Brooks, Paul Leeds £10M

Transfers Out

22.8.2012 Donadel, Marco Inter £2M

22.8.2012 Robinho Roma £22M

28.8.2012 Giannotti, Marco Siena Free

I feel that the signing of Paul Brooks and Pavel Muller will seriously strengthen my

starting line up, where as Diego Torres and Carlos Mejias are more squad players.

Selling Robinho was a difficult decission but he was in the last year of his contract

and i did not have the finances to give him what he wanted so recieving £22m was

quite a good deal i felt. Marco Donadel was one of the higher earners at the club so

was shifted to take money off the wages. I have been trying to sell Giannotti for

about a season since he requested a transfer so eventually i had to settle for giving

him a free transfer.

These transfers i feel have left me in a strong position for the season and hopefully

my results can pick up and i can push for a top 6 place. Expect to see a couple of

transfers out and in during the January Transfer Window.

Sean Bell

Good reports guys icon14.gif

Just to let everyone know that Paul Curtis is now out the clan due to not getting in touch with me for the past week or so.

So therefore a legendary fmelc ex member is joining back Jimmy Cale icon_smile.gif.

As for which team he is to take charge of he is yet to decide but will be joining us back on Monday 5th september session.

Speak to you all in tonights session anyway icon_smile.gif

Archived