Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

IS BRIGGS THE WORST MANAGER THE PREMIERSHIP HAS EVER SEEN

even briggs himself has admitted he has hit the bottle since taken the villa job he inherited a good team which had poor morale they had acheived 1 point from around 10 games 7 games later the same stat stands..briggs just cant get the rite blend of players in his team and he needs to pick up sum pts b4 january then his team is bringin in waltersamuel mancini and traore cos the defence is terrible..no doubt we will b seein a joey briggs3 soon after his failures at coventry and his assistant failure at newcastle..he has barely seen his villa side score i think 4 goals in like 17 games is the record..hardest job he has ever taken on!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry guys,

think it's unlikley i will play tonight and possibly this week as one of my housemates ran over the modem with the hoover icon_biggrin.gif and we have to get a new one. im currently in internet cafe icon_smile.gif

hopefully my assistant is up to the task of looking after all my new players come jan ready for my return

Swansea Report

25th July 2005

Okay heres my report for Week Ending 31st July 2005

Session Date: 25th July 2005

Transfer Listed Players: 5

Leon Britton AM C Asking Price: £75K

Andrew Taylor D/M L Asking Price: £80K

Russell Anderson D C Asking Price: £110K

Jonathan Tuffey GK Asking Price: £18K

Lee Surman D C Asking Price: £35K

Players Sold: 2

Leon Britton AM C Luton £60K

Andrew Taylor D/M L Man City £55K

Players Signed: 2

Ian Groves GK Unattached Free

Jamie Howe S C Everton £95K

Results

EC Swansea 0 vs 2 Wolves

Wolves Scorers: Giuseppe Rossi (16) & Luke McNally (17)

Red Cards: Thomasz Mazurkiewicz (Swansea) (59) & Andrew Whing (Wolves) (33)

EC Swansea 2 vs 0 Crystal Palace

Swansea Scorers: Martin Ericsson (Pen 5) & Kevin Kyle (47}

Red Cards: Alexander Farnerud (Crystal Palace) (40)

EC Charlton 3 vs 1 Swansea

Charlton Scorers: Carlton Cole (40), Dwight Pezzarossi (54) & Carlos Fernado Figuerpa (Pen 59)

Swansea Scorers: Ryan Jarvis (45)

EC Swansea 2 vs 0 Wigan

Swansea Scorers: James Graham (17) & Kevin Kyle (79)

EC Portsmouth 6 vs 0 Swansea

Portsmouth Scorers: Phillip Cousins (13), Supat Rungratsamee (25 & 61), Mark Wilson (Pen 48) & Jim Tait (65 & 67)

Championship Position at end of session: 12th

Session Date: 26th July 2005

Staff In: 1

Matthias Sammer Assistant Manager

Players Released: 3

Jamie Howe S C

Chris Dagnall S C

Lee Surman D C

Results

EC Swansea 2 vs 0 Hull

Swansea Scorers: Filip Sebo (15 & 66)

EC Cardiff 3 vs 0 Swansea

Cardiff Scorers: Alan Lee (9, 57 & 89)

EC Gillingham 1 vs 0 Swansea

Gillingham Scorer: Magno Silva Vieira (20)

Red Cards: Mark Hughes (Swansea) (85)

EC Swansea 1 vs 1 Preston

Swansea Scorer: Kevin Kyle (72)

Preston Scorer: Lee Beale (58)

Red Cards: Titus Bramble (Preston) (58)

Championship Position at end of session: 16th

Session Date: 27th July 2005

Players Bought: 1

Gianfranco Romito GK Man Utd £250K

Loans In: 3

Steve Watts D/S C Arsenal End of Season

Ian Moran F LC Ipswich End of Season

Craig Goodwin S C Norwich End of Season

Results

EC Swansea 0 vs 0 Walsall

EC Swansea 1 vs 1 Blackburn

Swansea Scorers: Tommy Williams (79)

Blackburn Scorers: Paul Gallagher (87)

EC Millwall 3 vs 2 Swansea

Millwall Scorers: Dimitar Lliev (30), Steve Carr (68) & Jermaine Pennant (87)

Swansea Scorers: James Graham (49 & 80)

Injuries: Filip Sebo (Swansea) (63)

EC Sheff Weds 0 vs 0 Swansea

EC Swansea 1 vs 1 Nottingham Forest

Swansea Scorer: Ricardo Quaresma (71)

Swansea Scorer: David Johnson (81)

Nottingham Forest: Blessing Kaku (Nottingham Forest) (8)

Championship Position at end of session: 17th

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">EC Swansea 1 vs 1 Nottingham Forest

Swansea Scorer: David Johnson (81)

Nottingham Forest: Blessing Kaku (Nottingham Forest) (8) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CORRECTION

EC Swansea 1 vs 1 Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest: David Johnson (81)

Red Cards: Blessing Kaku (Nottingham Forest) (8)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matthew Le God:

sorry guys,

think it's unlikley i will play tonight and possibly this week as one of my housemates ran over the modem with the hoover icon_biggrin.gif and we have to get a new one. im currently in internet cafe icon_smile.gif

hopefully my assistant is up to the task of looking after all my new players come jan ready for my return </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alrite mate not a problem icon_smile.gif. Speak to you all tonight wednesday session report to follow.....

Wednesday 27th July session

Again still going very strong in the championship but was it still going to last in the final session of last week?

Well i would hope so as we tried to continue our domination of championship football.

Here is how all our games went in the final session of last week

Everton 0-0 Notts Forest

It all started off with a very quite home game in which we couldnt find a way past there defence to change it into a half exciting game at least.

A fair few quality shots from my team but notts forest keeper just wasnt having any of it and was playing to the top of his ability.

Only at the end of the game i realised that there keeper was an old reserve of mine that i passed onto them.

He got man of the match and it finished a 0-0 draw.

Derby 1-3 Everton

Scorers: De Pinho (2), Cuirlizza

Man of match: De Pinho

This game was one i seen as probably the hardest game of the season. But from the kick off we adapted into a great style of playing and derby just couldnt keep up with us.

Before you know it we were all over them and it was only a matter of time before the goals started flying in.

This win helped us a lot and kept us a little more apart from 2nd placed Cardiff.

Everton 1-1 QPR

Scorers: Brett Emerton

Man of match: Brett Emerton

Another game in which we controlled but it seen our hopes of winning this only to be destroyed by QPR late on in the game on the 87th minute.

Still we stayed top but with cardiff having a couple of games in hand over us it meant if they were to win them they could climb above us.

Doncaster 0-1 Everton

Scorers: Tomas Pokorny

Man of match: Tim Cahill

One of those games this was where there keeper was saving everything we had to offer in terms of on target at the goal.

But in the 83rd minute there keeper got too confident and made a big mistake which bagged us the 3 points.

Everton 1-0 Plymouth

Man of match: Not sure icon_smile.gif

What a game to end on for the weeks worth of sessions. A game against my old club who wrongly sacked me around 3 seasons ago now only for me to take a much better job.

I had to prove to plymouth that i was a decent manager and capable of bringing in players of high quality so before the match i had a little word with my players and told them to kick plymouths ass.

They did just that and although there was only the 1 goal to show for our efforts it could of been much much more.

So an end to what has been a spectacular one for me and my Everton side.

Sitting nicely at the top with around a 15 point gap over 3rd we are looking very good to return to the premiership.

Another 20 odd games left though so i will just have to wait and see but still we are keeping up our good consistancy so hopefully that stays with us for the final half of this season.

Thats it until next time icon_smile.gif

Wednesday 27th July session

Again still going very strong in the championship but was it still going to last in the final session of last week?

Well i would hope so as we tried to continue our domination of championship football.

Here is how all our games went in the final session of last week

Everton 0-0 Notts Forest

It all started off with a very quite home game in which we couldnt find a way past there defence to change it into a half exciting game at least.

A fair few quality shots from my team but notts forest keeper just wasnt having any of it and was playing to the top of his ability.

Only at the end of the game i realised that there keeper was an old reserve of mine that i passed onto them.

He got man of the match and it finished a 0-0 draw.

Derby 1-3 Everton

Scorers: De Pinho (2), Cuirlizza

Man of match: De Pinho

This game was one i seen as probably the hardest game of the season. But from the kick off we adapted into a great style of playing and derby just couldnt keep up with us.

Before you know it we were all over them and it was only a matter of time before the goals started flying in.

This win helped us a lot and kept us a little more apart from 2nd placed Cardiff.

Everton 1-1 QPR

Scorers: Brett Emerton

Man of match: Brett Emerton

Another game in which we controlled but it seen our hopes of winning this only to be destroyed by QPR late on in the game on the 87th minute.

Still we stayed top but with cardiff having a couple of games in hand over us it meant if they were to win them they could climb above us.

Doncaster 0-1 Everton

Man of match: Tim Cahill

One of those games this was where there keeper was saving everything we had to offer in terms of on target at the goal.

But in the 83rd minute there keeper got too confident and made a big mistake which bagged us the 3 points.

Everton 1-0 Plymouth

Man of match: Not sure icon_smile.gif

What a game to end on for the weeks worth of sessions. A game against my old club who wrongly sacked me around 3 seasons ago now only for me to take a much better job.

I had to prove to plymouth that i was a decent manager and capable of bringing in players of high quality so before the match i had a little word with my players and told them to kick plymouths ass.

They did just that and although there was only the 1 goal to show for our efforts it could of been much much more.

So an end to what has been a spectacular one for me and my Everton side.

Sitting nicely at the top with around a 15 point gap over 3rd we are looking very good to return to the premiership.

Another 20 odd games left though so i will just have to wait and see but still we are keeping up our good consistancy so hopefully that stays with us for the final half of this season.

Thats it until next time icon_smile.gif

The End Of An Era

After many season with the Baggies Connolly finally decided the time had come to leave WBA in order for himself and the club to progress any further. Connolly has left the Baggies after being offered the job at Arsenal.

Connolly enjoyed many succesful season with the Baggies, with the highlight of his career finishing 4th in the league, and reaching the quarter finals of the Champions League.

This move has finally ended 3 years of rumour and speculation surrounding Connolly, which has seen Connolly linked with a range of jobs including Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, and also England.

Connolly released this statement shortly before leaving West Bromwich for London,

"After an incredibly enjoyable and succesful time in my career here, myself and the WBA board have decided that it would be best for both me and the club if i were to take the opportunity of managing Arsenal.

Of course if I felt that i could still progress WBA any further i would not even have considered the job at Arsenal. But as the situation is, I feel that a new manager for the club could be what it needs to take it to the next level, just as i feel a new challenge for me is what i need to get me back to the top of my game.

I will never forget my time spent here and as a WBA supporter, i will always hold this club close to my heart. Maybe one day i'll return ."

So with half the season gone, Connolly takes charge of an Arsenal team sitting comfortably in the top half of the table, but he will definitely want to push as far as possible up the table with the 2nd half of the season still to come.

After arriving in London, Connolly had this to say at a press conference

"I am incredibly optimistic as to what i can achieve at this club, no matter what I did at WBA, we simply didn't have the reputation or financial backing of a club like this. I feel that is now time to step up to the plate and show the world what I can do.

I plan to build a team capable of challenging for the title within 2 seasons. With the co-operation of the players and board, i feel that there is no reason why a club like this should not be competing for the title every season."

When asked about his plans relating to transfers, Connolly replied

"Well as you know the transfer window soon opens, so i will have a word with Pat Rice, and see what areas need to be improved, then i'll go to the board and discuss a few transfer targets. What happens after that i couldnt tell you, simply because i dont know myself yet!"

So as one door closes, another one opens, and Connolly will want to prove his world class status by bringing back the glory days to Arsenal.

Okay heres my report for Week Ending 7th August 2005

Session Date: 1st August 2005

Loan Terminations: 1

Ian Moran F LC Ipswich

Loans In: 1

Steve Scott S C Tottenham 3 Months

Results

EC Luton 1 vs 0 Swansea

Luton Scorers: Nicolas Michel (27)

EC Swansea 0 vs 2 Reading

Reading Scorers: Jonathan Hayes (Pen 22) & Kristoffer Haestad (59)

EC Swansea 0 vs 3 Derby

Derby Scorers: Robert Earnshaw (27), Maxi Lopez (59 & 77)

EC Plymouth 2 vs 3 Swansea

Plymouth Scorers: Luke Brookes (38), Simon Koren (48)

Swansea Scorers: Tommy Williams (15), Filip Sebo (23 & 41)

EC Q.P.R 3 vs 2 Swansea

Q.P.R Scorers: Stanislav Sestak (7 & 38) & Scott Donnelly (47)

Swansea Scorers: Tommy Williams (26)& Tomasz Mazurkiewicz (Pen 69)

FAC Swansea 3 vs 0 Q.P.R

Swansea Scorers: Ryan Jarvis (1), Tomasz Mazurkiewicz (Pen 17) & Martin Ericsson (27)

Championship Position at end of session: 17th

Session Date: 2nd August 2005

Players Sold: 2

Steven Gillespie F C Gillingham £70K

Nathan Jarman S C Plymouth £70K

Players Signed: 3

Julian Gray AM L Cardiff City Free (Arrives 1-7-12)

Keith Lee S C Chester Free (Arrives 1-7-12)

Phil Younghusband S C Cardiff City Free (Arrives 1-7-12)

Results

EC Swansea 1 vs 1 Doncaster

Swansea Scorer: Martin Ericsson (13)

Doncaster Scorer: Ryan Barker (2)

FAC Swansea 2 vs 0 Plymouth

Swansea Scorers: Filip Sebo (55 & 90)

EC Swansea 0 vs 3 Everton

Everton Scorers: Robin Van Persie (22) & Robert de Pinho (51 & 90)

EC Blackpool 0 vs 0 Swansea

EC Swansea 3 vs 1 Barnsley

Swansea Scorers: Filip Sebo (14), Steve Scott (28) & Martin Ericsson (60)

Barnsley Scorers: Jimmy Bullard (23)

EC Wolves 1 vs 0 Swansea

Wolves Scorers: Giuseppe Rossi (37)

Championship Position at end of session: 18th

Session Date: 3rd August 2005-08-03

Players Sold: 1

Adam Bolder M C Luton Free

Players Bought: 1

Richard Naylor S C Newcastle 40K

Results

EC Swansea 1 vs 2 Charlton

Swansea Scorer: Steve Scott (86)

Charlton Scorers: Carlos Fernado Figueroa (4) & Carlton Cole (34)

FAC Colchester 1 vs 1 Swansea

Colchester Scorers: Kjartan Henry Finnbogasson (33)

Swansea Scorers: Filip Sebo (62)

EC Swansea 0 vs 0 Portsmouth

EC Wigan 2 vs 0 Swansea

Wigan Scorers: James Simmonds (27) & Grzegorz Rasiak (78)

FAC Swansea 0 vs 1 Colchester

Colchester Scorers: Tommy Parry (3)

EC Crystal Palace 2 vs 0 Swansea

Crystal Palace Scorers: Gary Pryde (39) & Michael Brown (77)

EC Hull 1 vs 2 Swansea

Hull Scorers: Eddie Johnson (4)

Swansea Scorers: Steve Scott (5) & Kevin Kyle (21)

EC Swansea 2 vs 0 Cardiff

Swansea Scorers: Adam Bolder (38) & Ryan Jarvis (80)

Red Cards: David Limbersky (Cardiff) (79)

EC Blackburn 3 vs 1 Swansea

Blackburn Scorers: Joe Kelly (47), Paul Gallagher (58) & Richard Chaplow (74)

Swansea Scorers: Filip Sebo (36)

Championship Position at end of session: 19th

Managers Comment

Not the best of weeks but I am confident Swansea will finish in a better position than they did last season, got a few signings in that arrive during the summer that will hopefully help Swansea achieve a more respectable position.

Barnsley Seasonal Review,

Took over Barnsley 5 games in, they were already Bottom winless, the rsults are as followed.

0-3 V Portsmouth

1-4 V Wolves

0-2 V Blackburn

0-3 V Hull

0-3 V Cardiff

0-2 V Gillingham

3-1 V Preston

3-1 V Shef Weds

2-2 V Millwall

1-2 V Notts Forest

3-1 V Walsall

2-4 V Luton

0-1 V Reading

0-1 V Derby

2-2 V QPR

0-4 V Doncaster

2-1 V Plymouth

1-4 V Everton

2-0 V Wolves

0-5 V Blackpool

0-2 V Oldham - FA Cup 3rd Round

0-2 V Crystal Palace

1-2 V Charlton

0-0 V Wigan

1-3 V Swansea

0-0 V Pompey

1-1 V Hull

1-2 V Gillingham

1-2 V Cardiff

0-3 V Blackburn

0-0 V Preston

2-0 V Shef Weds

2-2 V Walsall

As You Can see, been a terrible season so far, just cant seem to get going at all, although since i have changed tactic towards the end, im currently 3 unbeaten, its gonna be tricky to stay up, 8 points of safety, the draw at the end of the session to Bottom placed Walsall was a slip up costing us 2 points, it may come down to the last game of the season, where Barnsley entertain Plymouth, also in the relegation zone.

If I Manage to stay up next season, there will be radical changes to ensure Barnsley put both feet in the right direction,

Will Owens Take Everton Back To The Big Time?

The Number 1 question at the Moment, Can Lee take Everton back up as Champions? or will he F*** it up like he does alot icon_biggrin.gif.

With Everton & Cardiff battling it out for the Championship crown, Everton have the better squad and can surely take this as an advantage & go straight back up...

Good Luck Lee icon_wink.gif

B Cool

Things at St Andrews have been good of late. Coming up to near the end of the season we find ourselves sat in third place in the Premiership, in the quarter finals of the Champions League and also in the semi final of the F.A. Cup. Although our dreams of winning the Premiership are over, I still feel we have a chance in the F.A. Cup. Only time will tell as we will meet either Arsenal or Middlesbrough in the semi final, bring it on.

Team wise i couldnt be happier really. Only problem i had was the full back areas as Pogatetz was only a temporary fix whilst i found a new left back. Ashley Cole was snapped up, although 30 he still has loas to offer. Bayern Munich right back Daniel, was also added to the squad. I had been after Daniel for some time, a good strong fullback, no messin.

So the defence is as strong as its ever been, Joseph Yobo and Martin Demichelis are having a great season in the middle of defence. Our midfield is also ticking along very well too. Wright Phillips and Aimar love it, especially Wright Phillips. Another chap who loves it but not as much as Wright Phillips is Leandro Depetris. The guy is a magician but he wants to leave St Andrews. He keeps chirping on about not being able to settle in the area, "poof" i reply.

Upfront we are the jam daddies. After selling Ben Arfa i was a bit worried about creating chances upfront but Saviola has put my worries to rest. Saviola and Anotoly Guerk have been phenomenal. Also not forgetting Javier Ernesto Chavsnton and Charisteas who have been banging in the goals. Between them all they have scored 94 goals with Anatoly getting 30 of them.

Results,

Birmingham 3-1 FC Kobenhavn (Champs League)

Arsenal 2-2 Birmingham

Birmingham 4-1 Newcastle

Anderlecht 0-4 Birmingham (Champs League)

West Brom 1-3 Birmingham

Liverpool 3-0 Birmingham

Birmingham 1-0 Bolton

Birmingham 5-0 Porto (Champs League)

MIddlesbrough 2-1 Birmingham

Northampton 0-3 Birmingham (League Cup 3rd round)

Birmingham 5-1 West Ham

Porto 1-0 Birmingham (Champs League)

Man Utd 2-0 Birmingham

Arsenal 4-0 Birmingham (League Cup 4th round)

Fc Kobenhavn 0-0 Birmingham (Champs League)

Chelsea 1-0 Birmingham

Birmingham 2-1 Norwhich

Birmingham 3-0 Tottenham

Birmingham 4-0 Anderlecht (Champs League)

Sunderland 3-3 Birmingham

Birmingham 3-0 Aston Villa

Southampton 0-4 Birmingham

Sheff Utd 0-3 Birmingham

Birmingham 4-0 Leicester

Leeds 4-1 Birmingham

Birmingham 10-0 Chester (FA Cup 3rd round)

Birmingham 2-0 Ipswich

Birmingham 4-0 Aston Villa (FA Cup 4th round)

Fulham 3-2 Birmingham

Birmingham 1-0 Arsenal

Birmingham 4-0 West Brom

Birmingham 5-1 Liverpool

Newcastle 1-3 Birmingham

Birmingham 3-1 Lyon (Champs League 1st Knockout leg 1)

Tottenham 0-2 Birmingham (FA Cup 5th round)

Bolton 0-1 Birmingham

Lyon 0-3 Birmingham (Champs League 1st Knockout leg 2)

Birmingham 2-0 Colchester (FA Cup 6th round)

Birmingham 0-3 Middlesbrough

Not a bad set of results. A few slip ups but what can ya do.

Middlesbrough and Chelsea continue to walk away with the league. Rumoir has it the FA are looking into possible 'Human rights' violations by Middlesbrough Football Club, apparantly their sweatshops in Asia have been busted. When Boro manager Si Murphy was questioned he had this to say,

"Wanna buy a top quality Football? Real leather, have a feel"

See yas all next week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antbanach II:

Sorry to tell you paul, but your job status is currently Very Insecure icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf has my assistant done!? angryfire.gificon_biggrin.gif

i'll be having words when i get my internet connection back and im back form hols

Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

B Cool

Rumoir has it the FA are looking into possible 'Human rights' violations by Middlesbrough Football Club, apparantly their sweatshops in Asia have been busted. When Boro manager Si Murphy was questioned he had this to say,

"Wanna buy a top quality Football? Real leather, have a feel"

QUOTE]

icon15.gif it was all a misunderstanding and the police chief was happy with 250k put into the police retiement fund icon_wink.gif

Everton back on way up so it seems

After a sucession of great results all that lies between Everton and the premiership is just 3 measley points.

If they can secure the 3 points they will be officially back in the premiership for next season.

Many had predicted everton to finish in a mid table position this season but The Everton possy and their manager Lee Owens have both proved the media wrong.

However to win the championship title thats probably going to go down to the end game of the season as after a few recent losses and draws we have slipped into 2nd just 1 point behind Cardiff.

I believe in my side and hopefully they can steal the top spot from cardiff as we clearly are the better side icon_smile.gif.

Cup wise the Toffees are on top form still being in the FA cup where we are to meet Chelsea in the semi final.

At least we are still in it for now anyway.

Here are the players that were brought in this season and how well they have done so far as the season draws to a close.

Maciej Hyps (MR) - Signed from top polish club wisla and has proved to be a hit with the fans. Has scored a total of 9 goals playing on the right wing and has the speed of a cheetah........almost.

Christian Rodriguez (GK) - Boca juniors youth keeper has done a stunning job for us and has kept 20 clean sheets. The only problem has been he tends to doze off in a couple of games if not much to do and when a shot finally does come in he's too tired to save it.

Still will improve in seasons to come and looks a very neat and tidy keeper for the future at Goodison park.

Gonzalo Barreto (LB) - Cant say a bad word about this guy. This uruguayan international has been strong in every game he's played in and we have found our defence leak more in when he isnt present.

Robert De Pinho (SC) - The best buy of my season has scored 23 goals in 27 appearances and just doesnt stop. Also a vital assister so plays a very big part in the squad.

Banaczek (DR) - Cover for the on form steve ward brought late in the season and has so far impressed managing to get man of match in the last game he played. At a very young age also is bound to improve and hopefully i will be here to see him when he does.

Richard Morris and Leon Kelly (both SC) - These 2 were just brought for the future and have both so far not played bad in the few games that they have been involved in.

Morris has played a vital part in lifting my reserves to the top and hopefully he continues to do it in seasons to come until he is given a first team place.

The new signings have obviously paid off and the new tactic that my squad had to adapt to for the new start.

Im hoping we can just stay focused in these last few games and lift the championship trophy. If not it aint the end of the world as me and my players have had such a good season.

All last weeks session results to come soon icon_smile.gif

Sorry Forgot To Mention Barnsleys Signings This Season, although most of them are rubbish icon_smile.gif

Perera Vega an Attackin Midfielder was signed from Ipswich for 550k

Pedro Lopez signed on a Free Transfer, Right Back, Capped for Portugal U21's aswell if im not mistaken

Martin Cranie, Young Enthusiastic Centre Back Signed from Southampton for 350k

Jeroen Van Blingsberg 240k Goalkeeper signed off Lee's Everton

Fabrice Fernandes Free Transfer Again, really the one player who has done well

Njazi Kuqi 230k from Swindon, started off brightly scoring 6 in 6 at one point, gone off the boil now though

Magnus Viorsson - 400k Striker signed from IA, had some impressing display, too inconsistant currently

Timo Lahtinen, another young versatile player signed, looks very impressive so far, 300k signing from FC Haka

Adam Mazek, signed for 35k from Warszawa, Polish Under 21 striker, impressive record for them, managing only 1 goal so far for Barnsely still only young, hoping for very good things from this lad.

If im still in the job next year, a very big clearout will be ominous.

boro on course for best season yet!! or for biggest let down

8 games left level on points with chelski only 1 goal behind on gd but way ahead on goals scored. tricky run in to go and still involved in chamions league and fa cup all to play for

cavenaghi 40 goals already and only started 26 games what a player

results since last time include the following:

11/1 Chelsea H League lost 2-1

scorer Carignano assistant loses game after pc crash

14/1 Sheff Utd H League won 3-0

Cavenaghi Hattrick top performance for the goal machine

18/1 Wolves H FA Cup won 3-0

scorers Nilmar 2 and schultz, the reserve 11 dominate the championship team throughout

21/1 Southampton A FA Cup 4th round won 3-1

Carignano hattrick the boy steps in to fill cavas injured boots

25/1 Leicester A League won 2-1

schulz 2 the team is in the middle of huge injury crisis having 11 of first team squad injured and 3 further on international duty

28/1 Leeds H League won 1-0

turkish defender servet scores his first goal to seal a win in the yorkshire derby

1/2 Ipswich A League drew 1-1

lucky carignano goal scrapes draw with impressive tractor boys

4/2 Fulham H League won 3-0

rare game back for cavenaghi as he gets 2 more goals and nilmar gets the other

11/2 Arsenal A League lost 3-1

pc always crashes on important games, this time we were already had 4 players injured inside 20 mins when we got thoroughly stuffed guarin got our consolation goal

18/2 Burnley H FA Cup 5th round won 3-0

guarin continues scoring run and nilmar gets a brace as boro comfortably into quarter finals

22/2 R Madrid H Champions League 1st Knockout won 3-0

nilmar bags another brace and servet grabs one as boro show the galaticos how the game should be played

3/3 Newcastle H League won 3-1

with the jawdees in relegation trouble i was delighted to see cavenaghi grab a brace and maschereno seal it as the barcodes are shown past there sell buy

7/3 R Madrid A Champions League !st round 2nd leg won 3-0

another boro exhibiton as mitea and surprise surprise a cavenaghi double clinch a repeat win

10/3 Arsenal A FA cup 6th round drew 1-1

fully fit squad go to highbury for a pulsating game a draw sealed by nilmar earning a draw which was a fair result

17/3 Birmingham League H won 3-0

nilmar bags a brace and carignano gets the other as boro seal comfortable win over title challengers brum

stevey looks good for champions league place again mind so well done

and the latest transfers to and from boro are:

3 more players have joined since last posted, Jorg Kuhn from bayern for 500k, Michael Neumann from leverkusen for 450k and the steal of 5m rated andre rogers for only 140k min fee

players leaving have been more noticeable, jurgen bauer was released, walter samuel went to villa on a free, javier acosta went to nacional for 5m, thomas schaaf went to newcastle for 5m, mancini went to villa for 1m and uwe hartmann went to offenbach for 1.5m

so far this season boro have committed to deals costing 44m and recouping 87m nice 43m profit for boro corp and the shareholders would be happy (well mr gibson is since he owns the lot icon_biggrin.gif)

all this leaves boro 600k below the measily wage budget imposed by gibbo (only joking 2m wage budget is enough to cope with)

overall transfers are now running at a profit over the 8 seasons of over £300m and with boro having a squad smaller than even lee's there could well be some more transfers into the club.

well done to sean for winning the league cup with spurs especially as it was against local rivals arsenal, just a shame your league form been as poor as it is. also come on razor keep your nose above the mackems and the jawdees then it really will be a good season for boro

eioeioeioeioeioeioeioeioeio

Good reports guys keep them coming ones that aint doing them on a weekly basis (you know who you are icon_wink.gif).

Just posted mainly to say that wednesday session most probably will have to be cancelled this week as i've been put on one of the most arkward shifts ever at work icon_frown.gif.

However we can extend tuesday session to a 12 finish and maybe monday session also instead of an 11 finish is everyone is willing to icon_smile.gif.

Anyway let me know guys if thats fine with you and speak to you all monday session have a good weekend icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

Either way is kool with me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heard that about you stevey, it explains why you are in charge of bum too, sorry brum icon_biggrin.gif

Spurs Win League Cup

My Spurs team won their first trophy since i took over as manager (thanks to my assistant) with a good 2-1 win over local rivals arsenal in the final.

The league campagin is going ok with a mid table place basically assured, need to be looking to push into the top 6 next season so there may be a few additions to the squad in the near future. I am expecting to sell a couple of my high erners aswell if they do not accept a pay cut, this is due to my expensive weekly wage bill.

Sorry about the briefness of this report and lackage of them recently but i have missed the majority of the last 2 weeks with a computer problem.

Cheers Sean

Premiership football just that little bit closer as Everton continue to impress

Crystal Palace 2-1 Everton

A dodgy start to last mondays session seen my side come up against crystal palace. Although having won our last game confidently we couldnt win this one. We lost 2-1 after being 1 up in the early stages of the first half when taylors head connected with a ball crossed in from the far post.

The game was a little quiet in the 2nd half but picked up a little in the last 10 minutes and thats when crystal palace equalised and then grabbed a very late winner.

Everton 0-2 Blackpool

In the next game came another loss and a more suprising and convincing one. Again they struck 2 late goals to win the match. This time though our attempts at goal just werent going in due to some super saves by their goalkeeper.

Barnsley (Ant) 1-4 Everton

Next we came up against ant banach's Barnsley who were in the relegation scrap at the foot of the table and after a brief scare going 1 down on 32 minutes we picked up in the 2nd half.

The 2nd half kicked off and my players really showed that they were able to pull it back and win the game with ease. With a couple of subs at half time the most noticable one being denis horvat we were ready for the 2nd half and who better than him to grab us back the first goal to put us level.

We were in cruise control from then on really and Cahill, Hyps added more goals before horvat scored his second to make the final score 4-1 to us.

This started the everton revival.......

Everton 4-1 Wigan

Another relegation side next we had to face and being at home we surely had to be the favourites to win it. Wigan whose side was destroyed when manager Mike Law left them had to come to goodison park for this game and im sure they wasnt looking forward to it.

The game started as expected with my team all over them and it didnt take very long before the goals started going in the back of the net.

With horvat on fire last game this game it was Pokorny who was scoring a hat trick and osman adding to it.

Again we didnt keep a clean sheet but there was plenty of goalmouth action to keep my happy.

A very quiet game next against wolves which had around 2 attempts in the whole game. This draw didnt really effect my side at all just gave rodriguez another clean sheet.

Fulham 1-1 Everton (FA Cup 3rd round)

Our first premiership opposition that we had faced in quite a while and was a very even game.

One division apart and the quality of the football that was played you wouldnt of been able to tell us both apart.

Taylor put us 1 up only for them to score an equaliser and set up an exciting replay.

Charlton 1-4 Everton

3rd placed charlton i really thought would of been much more of a challenge than what this actually was.

We was all over them and within 26 minutes were were 1 up thanks to Neil Knight. 9 minutes later Maciej Hyps grabbed a 2nd goal. They then pulled 1 back to make it 2-1 going into half time where anything could happen in the 2nd half.

We continued to press and press but couldnt get through past their defence until 70 minutes came along and De pinho made it 3-1. Then in the dying seconds of the game Neil Knight got a 2nd goal. Tim Cahill recieved man of the match award for his parts played in assiting the goals.

Everton 1-1 Fulham (Won on penalties)(FA Cup 4th round replay)

Very even last time and it was the same again. After taking the lead very early by Neil Knight scoring they got a goal back and took the game into extra time.

Not much action in both halfs of the extra time although 118 minutes we could of grabbed a late winner. This meant the game went to penalties and having lost most of my penalty shootouts i wasnt confident at all of winning this one.

But Christian Rodriguez was determined to win this for us and saved 5 penalties in a row of theirs to put us through to the next round.

A lot of penalties were missed by both sides and it went down to about the 9th penalty until a winner was decided.

Charlton 0-4 Everton (FA Cup 4th Round)

After just beating these away a few days ago in the league i thought it was going to be a much different outcome this time. But after the superb game Rodriguez had last game he was on top for this game stopping any shot that came his way.

Neil Knight opened the scoring then De Pinho came on as a substitute and scored a hat trick.

Next round we had to face struggling wigan which i was thrilled about. The possibiliy of being in the quarter finals of the FA Cup was very high and my players were very confident they could make it there.

Swansea (Tony) 0-3 Everton

A game now against tony's struggling swindon. Started off very open game and tony's defence were proving difficult to get past but we soon broke through.

Maybe the scoreline suggests that my team were all over tony's but his side did have a few attempts on goal and played a very good game. Just with De Pinho on the pitch it was only a matter of time before he popped a goal in or two icon_smile.gif.

Everton 2-0 Portsmouth

With Portsmouth being in contention of even stealing my top spot at the time we had to beat them and we did.

With my keeper still on form all we needed was someone to score a goal or two and luckily we got those goals.

It took a whole 80 minutes to finally score the first goal though as chance after chance was either being saved or just being missed. De pinho scored on the 80th minute then added another one on the 88th minute. He even had a goal disallowed on the 88th minute also but didnt take long to make up for it.

This meant de Pinho had scored 7 goals in the past 3 games and with him on this kind of form surely we couldnt lose top spot to Cardiff.......but we did icon_frown.gif.

Hull 2-2 Everton

Another strong opposition and a very even game where the scoreline was probably real fair as an even amount of chances were created either end. My team just gettting the better of them having more on target. De Pinho and Osman scoring my goals.

Everton 5-2 Cardiff (2nd)

This game at the time i thought would probably be the decided of who was going to be top come the end of the week but it wasnt. Still we showed that we had a much better class of players than them and gave them a battering.

Knight scoring the first, Hyps the 2nd, Knights with a 2nd goal, hopkins scoring our fourth after coming on as a sub and De Pinho grabbed the 5th to round off a well deserved victory and put us 4 points clear at the top for the time being.

Blackburn (3rd) 0-1 Everton

A tough game to start on for last wednesday session but we just managed to sneak one past their keeper and grab the win. With blackburn in 3rd place and us winning this it almost guaranteed us promotion for next season to the premiership by being 17 points clear of them after this.

Wigan 0-2 Everton (FA Cup 5th round)

Another clean sheet in this and a comfortable win against struggling wigan. When i seen that we had wigan and not some of the other cups i was overjoyed.

Cup man Taylor managed another goal off a corner then Neil Knight scored a 90 minute goal just after we was under a bit of pressure from wigan.

This seen us through to the 6th round where we were to face Nick's strong premiership side Sheffield united.

Everton 3-0 Sheff Weds

Another solid display by Rodriguez and our defence gave us our 3rd clean sheet in a row. Not really any threat at all from sheff weds who had 0 shots in the whole game. Could of been many more goals as we had well over 20 shots. They were very lucky on the day. Neil Knight opening the scoring as usual then De pinho doing what he does best and thats score adding the other 2 goals.

Everton 3-1 Gillingham

Gillingham are dirt fouling ***** thats all i can say. Come half time we had so many injuries we had to play with a couple of injured men in the 2nd half. Still this didnt effect our performance and we came out the clear winners.

Preston 2-1 Everton

Never had we faced such annoying opponents in this whole season. Come half time we were actually losing for the first time in the season and then i thought to myself that we just wasnt going to win this game.

De Pinho scored our only goal and then got injured 10 minutes later to make our attack force much weaker.

Walsall 0-0 Everton

Walsall's keeper was the player that kept us from taking the lead many times in this game. Shot after shot he stopped and the scoreline finished 0-0.

Everton 4-0 Sheff Utd (FA Cup 6th round)

Even this win i didnt expect. Having all first team strikers injured i had to rely on my youths to hopefully score a goal of two. They didnt manage to but midfielder Brett Emerton was on sensational form setting a new club record by scoring all 4 goals in this game and taking us to the next round of the FA cup where we to face Premiership champions Chelsea.

Everton 0-1 Millwall

My players must have been so tired from the last game after all the effort they put in that they were just too tired to make any effort this game. Although we played better overall a mistake from Rodriguez basically handed the win to them on a plate.

Notts Forest 1-1 Everton

The first half was very quiet in this game and seen very little action as went into half time at 0-0. But straight from the off in the 2nd half they took the lead and it looked as if we were going to lose until we were awarded a 90 minute penalty and horvat stepped up confidently and scored it to give us the point.

Luckily Cardiff lost and we are currently sitting 1 point behind them in 2nd place. Not loads of games left and promotion is definately looking a reality now.

Maybe even an FA Cup final awaits aswell but for now i can just relax a little and hold my head up of high of what a good season i've had with my Everton icon_smile.gif

Onward

Results from tonights sesh,

West Ham 1-0 Birmingham

Birmingham 2-1 Man Utd

Roma 3-2 Birmingham (Champs League Qtr Final, leg 1)

Norwich 1-4 Birmingham

Birmingham 1-1 Roma (Champs League Qtr Final, leg 2)

Birmingham 1-0 Middlesbrough (FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley)

Tottenham 1-4 Birmingham

Birmingham 2-0 chelsea

So not a bad set of results apart from being knocked out off Champs League. Was nice to beat Si's Boro for once and progress to the final of the FA cup. Hopefully i wont lose this final like i did the Uefa Final.

Well done to Lee on gaining promotion, good luck in winning the Championship

Can Barnsley Prove Everyone Wrong and Keep there Championship Status?

only Time Will Tell.

With most of the squad fit & healthy for the end of the season push to keep coca cola championship football flowing, we have a chance of staying up,

Mondays Session Results & Commentd.

Barnsley 3 - 1 Millwall

Just what the Tykes needed to keep the presure on luton, Wigan & Swansea above them, A decent performance from the entire squad endured by a powerful performance from Fabrice Fernandes on the left wing,

Scorers: Viorarsson 10,52 & Kuqi 90

Nottingham Forest 2 - 1 Barnsley

The Main problem has been performing away from home for Barnsley, lapses in concentration, silly mistakes & bad goalkeeping have cost us dear on the road & this was no exception, bad defending from on loan Boro defender gifted Forest their first goal on the stroke of half time, at Half Time, Njazi Kuqi was brought on for Viorarsson, as a goal was needed with Luton currently in front extended the gap to 9 points,

10 minutes into the second half, Subsitute Kuqi broke through the Forest defence smashing the ball home past the desparing keeper, 1 - 1, we were back in with a shout, with Luton now drawing also, the gap was closed, but the decent away performance ended there, some poor passing was giving Forest possesion, Forest used this to punish Barnsley and Antonsson's header hit the back of the net, Barnsley heads dropped, and so did their chances of survival...

Scorer: Njazi Kuqi 56

Barnsley 3 - 1 Luton Town

Most important match for Barnsley, the gap was 9 points between the 2 sides, and it was Barnsley to strike first, a lovely placed shot from Jimmy Bullard, sent the 20,000+ Barnsley Fanatics crazy, a few minutes later a late tackle from Cranie awarded Luton a penalty, it was converted with conviction from Killgallon, Half Time 1 - 1

Barnsely started the 2nd half brightly shooting towards there Fans, and 5 minutes after the Break, Bullard netted a 2nd, they game was rapped up 6 minutes after this from Vega, a convincing win for Barnsley, gaining 3 points on their nearest rivals

Goals: Bullard 27,50 & Vega 56

Reading 3 - 2 Barnsley

It was 1 of those days, where nothing went right & attack of the mistakes away from home proved costly once more, Agbonlahar was let through by the cagey Barnsley defence and he finsihed in style, A gritty performance from the Tykes created them a goal 13minutes in, Adam Mazek scored his 3rd goal for the Club,

1-1 it stayed at half time & for the majority of the 2nd half, until the 77th minute where Forbes scored a great individual goal, A contreversial goal was disallowed a few minutes after this for Barnsley, but luckily Mazek grabbed a 2nd 3minutes from time, with Barnsley settling for a draw, in injury time they backed off Forbes, who drilled a left foot shot past the stranded keeper, Reading had nicked this one from under Barnsley's nose, No Luck at all for Barnsley

Goals: Mazek 13, 87

Barnsley 3 - 0 Derby

This was more like it from Barnsley this was the Fight, The Determination & Enthusiasm Barnsley aquired to push to get out the relegation, Mazek continued his goalscoring form with a lovely strike midway through the first half, 20minutes from time Kuqi doubled the score for the home side & the win was rapped up 10mins later by a great goal by man of the match fernandes, a match that Barnsley dominated throughout & were worth the 3 goals & 3 points

Goals, Mazek 32, Kuqi 71, Fernandes 78

With the Gap now down to the small sum of 4 points, Barnsley are right back in with a shout of avoiding the job, Very Tight at The Bottom between Walsall, Barnsley, Luton & Wigan, looking Like Tony's Swansea are clear now,

Live Up To Date Report.

21st April 2012. 15:00.

They Key Games that will be Focused on are...

QPR vs Barnsley

Luton vs Wigan (20th v 21st)

Walsall vs Hull

15:03 Wigan 1 - 0 Luton - Franz

15:06 QPR 0 - 1 Barnsley - Viorarsson

15:13 Walsall 1 - 0 Hull - Bermingham

16:05 Walsall 1 - 1 Hull - Taylor

16:15 QPR 1 - 1 Barnsley - Keegan

16: 17 QPR 2 - 1 Barnsley - Keegan

16:31 Wigan 2 - 0 Luton - Miller

With 2 quickfire goals in 2 minutes costing Barnsley 3 points and a chance to move within 1 point of Luton, Walsall closed the gap by a point on Barnsley, Wigan have proberly made themself safe by that 2-0 victory over Luton.

Barnsleys 2 remaining games are against 2 other stuggling teams, Doncaster & Plymouth.

Find Out Tomorrow whether Barnsley are enjoying the sweet smell of Championship Football next year, or forced to play in League1, which could ultimately lose me my job as manager.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antbanach II:

Sorry to Anounce that Southampton Chairman Rupert Lowe has terminated Paul Curtis Contract icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf

icon_frown.gif what the hell did my assitstant do?

Everton make a dramatic return to the Premiership but will they come up as champions or not?

3 games to go and 2 teams in with a chance of lifting the championship title. My everton and the much improved Cardiff.

Being 3 points infront of Cardiff with only a few games left surely we gotta be favourites but there could be a very big end twist to this knowing my luck.

1 more win out of the remaining 3 games will make the title ours but if we slip up then no doubt Cardiff are going to jump at the chance to get ahead and lift the trophy themselves.

The question is will Everton win their first trophy since manager Lee Owens joined them or will they slip into 2nd and end trophyless for another season?

I wouldnt like to bet on it but if i had to i would bet on my side winning the league of course icon_smile.gif.

On a side note my assistant managed to win the reserve league and my u18's won their 2nd league title in a row now just leaves me.

The FA cup also went as expected with Chelsea being the better side but if Petr Cech wasnt in goal for them on the day and we had a change of keepers then the outcome could of been much different. Still reaching the FA Cup semi final is nothing to be ashamed of.

Full season review to come sometime after the season finishes tonight and predictions for the coming season to come so stay tuned until then thats it for now

Lee Owens - Everton manager

Pernultimate Game of The Season For Barnsley

With Barnsley set to Face Doncaster at Oakwell Today, Manager Ant Banach knows his sides status is at stake.

With only 1 injury worry to Jamie Watkins, Barnsley look set to name an unchanged team from the 2-1 defeat at QPR last Saturday.

1.Jeroen Van Blingsbergen (gk)

2.Timo Lahtinen (dr)

3. John Harley (dl)

4. Martin Cranie (dc)

5. Martin Neal (dc)

6. Steven Davis (mc)

7. Christian Ramon Perrera Vega (rm)

8. Jimmy Bullard (mc)

9. Adam Mazek (fc)

10. Magnus Viorarsson (fc)

11. Fabrice Fernandes (lm)

A very important game Between the 2 sides above Barnsley is also taking place today.

Swansea Vs Luton.

Saturday 28th April 15:00

15:00 Doncaster Get The Game Underway.

15:05 The Ball falls kindly for Jimmy Bullard on the half way line, he plays a good ball forward to Mazek, who hits the ball towards goal forcing a decent save from Doncasters keeper Gallagher.

15:12 Some Decent Passing Play from Barnsley, knockin the ball around confidently, Vega sprints down the right wing delivering a low ball for Viorarsson who places a low shot, only to be saved by Gallagher

15:17 Barnsley having most of the possesion, a great switch from Vega on the Right, finding Fernandes free on the left, Fernandes dribbles inside the defender, drilling the ball just wide of the far post.

15:35 A Strong tackle from Davis winning the ball cleanly, spots the run of Mazek, Mazek stays onside, before hammering the ball into the top corner, a fine finish from the young pole! BARNSLEY 1 - 0 Doncaster

15:36 Play is brought back after a late tackle on John Harley from Mulryne, he is shown a Yellow Card for the tackle.

15:42 Doncasters first chance, a poor corner coming in, easily cleared by Cranie, falls to Otsemobor who puts it wide of Blinsbergen's left post.

15.46 Half Time Barnsley 1 - 0 Doncaster

also Swansea 1 - 0 Luton

Good News for Barnsley all round,

at Half Time Banach had this to say on his teams performance,

They've been playing really well so far, im delighted, were showing great determination, and thats what i like to see from the lads, if we continue this im sure we will score more goals, we just need to improve the final ball

16:00 No changes at half time from either team & Barnsley kick off.

16:11 Leroy Lita blast through the defence only to be haulted by the inform Jeroean Van Blinsbergen.

16:32 Stanford his shown a yellow card for a late challenge on Mazek, Mazek looks ok, after he stayed down for a while.

16:43 Bullard feeds the ball into Mazeks feet, Mazek hold the ball up well waiting for support, passes a great ball out left for fernandes, fernandes find Bullard unmarked, Bullard 1 on 1 with the keeper, BULLARD! 2 - 0, Off the post and in for Bullard, a fantastic move from Barnsley, Banach must be delighted.

16:46 Viorarsson is running at the defence, great stamina now as we head into injury time, great step over to take it round Richards, he's away, he must score, he's been brough down from a tackle from behind from Richards, a definate Penalty and Richards must walk, he's off! Doncaster down to 10 in injury time, Perrera Vega looks set to take the pen, a short run up, GOAL!! a confident penalty from a confident young lad, wraps up the 3 points for Barnsley,

Highest Attendance of the season saw Barnsley play some stylish footbal and walk away with 3 points, unfortunately Luton equalised against Swansea 1 - 1 a full time result, 1 point is now in it, with Barnsley travelling to Plymouth on the last game, whilst Luton take on Portsmouth, it has all the makings of a classic last day of the season, stay tuned....

Barnsley Avoid The Drop By The Skin of Their Teeth

A Brilliant Day for every Barnsley Fan up * down the country, they keep their Championship Status! Only Just! Infact by 4 goals!

A Relatively Poor Performance away to Plymouth could of ended in a more deadly outcome, Barnsley are just thanking the players who took on which looked to be an impossible job to keep Barnsley up a few months ago,

Plymouth 2 - 2 Barnsley

Goals from Mazek & Bullard kept Barnsley up, great performances from both men on the wings, Fernandes & Vega saw them in the Team of the Week.

What will be around the corner for Barnsley and what will next season bring...

Only Time Will Tell

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

Lost Fa Cup to a bu11Sh1ting computer AI. Peter Cech, who the phucking hell is Peter Cech the gob Sh1te..

Man i hate FM icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

weren't you happy with the result stevey?

Archived