Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

Shame his assistant will be playing although probably give you a better match icon_razz.gif. Good report saeed lets hope this is the start of something beautiful icon_smile.gif mine to follow over the next couple of days

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEASON 7 Predicitions

Si's Middlesbrough : I believe si is a very competent manager and has proved consistently that he can compete at the highest level. I would expect him to at least finish in champions league position. Could be tough for him to defend premiership this season as Chelsea my fav club is looking menacing this season. Although I wouldnt be surprised the solid looking middlesborough defend their champion status to the end.

Ste's Birmingham : Out of all the managers in the clan I believe Stevey is definitely one that has progressed steadily and solidly making a good base for the brummies. I expect his continually impressive performances to maintain momentum and would be delighted for him if he finishes in champions league along with si.

Aida's WBA - Last season was a very good one for aida and WBA. However this season seems to have a different story since he lost some important players. I feel for aida and I expect him to try and pull back with a Euro Cup place target a reasonable one. Good luck bud.

Sean's Tottenham : Sean is relatively new to the clan but so far he seems to be steady with his job at tottenham and things look good for him especially after the hiding i got from his team this season. Im sure he will exit his shell and show us some quality.

Mike's Ipswich : Mike was unlucky with Wigan but Ipswich look like the right team for him. He has hauled them from championship mediocrity to premiership level with impressive performances and has some good looking players to show for it. I have confidence in his ability to keep Ipswich alive in premiership for a few seasons to come yet.

Simon's West Ham : Im sure razor is feeling the bitter taste of relegation but at the same time I have belief in his abilities and expect him to at the worst achieve a playoff spot and eventually let his resilience push him through. Dont let me down bud.

Lee's Everton : Lee finally cracked the playoff NUT and I was extremely delighted for him. His premiership journey is looking relatively stable and he is so far not in relegation spots. I have complete opinion that lee will somehow manage to keep everton in the premiership but it will not be easy and I know his determination and the good group of players he has at his disposal to make him proud. Very best of luck amigo! icon14.gif

Joey's Coventry/Newcastle : I get the impression that our newest clan member is highly contreversial yet seems entertaining. I question his loyalty as he has jumped the coventry bandwagon onto the premiership scene hastily. Nevertheless I am not a man to condemn a fellow manager to failure without giving him a chance to prove otherwise. He will have a job to do if he is to get newcastle back on track.

Tony's Swindon : After all the lows of his first 2 seasons I am really excited for Tony on getting promoted to the Championship. It will be a struggle for him in his new surroundings but I hope he does not experience relegation again. Surprise me and get mid table or playoff by some miracle.

Ant's Man City : You have taken on a poisinous role with a frankly impatient board thats from my past experience. I still wish you the very best and am impressed with players you have brought in as your squad was bone dry to start with. Get them city fans to playoff glory and I will respect your abilities even more. Easy now.!

Nick's Sheff Utd: Keep up the good work. Just avoided relagtion and i expect him to find it difficult this season also. But I am sure he will also avoid this season. if it comes down to me and you to fight for survival dont expect any favours!

Me - Millwall: i desperatley hope to avoid relegation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uaetalyani:

Transfer DETAILS plus Fixtures and Results will follow! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I won't mate icon_smile.gif

Spurs Update

A lot more chopping and changing of my squad during the close season with me trying to

structure my own squad. Have not spent any money on the players that i have brought in and

have made about £9 million in player sales which are continuing to reduce my wage bill.

Players out

8.6.2010 Barlow, Andrew Free Transfer Free

1.7.2010 Guerk, Anatoly Birmingham Free

1.7.2010 Hudson, Scott Free Transfer Free

1.7.2010 Reid, Ben Free Transfer Free

1.7.2010 Sykes, Danny Free Transfer Free

1.7.2010 Riley, Michael Free Transfer Free

1.7.2010 Mackenzie, Andrew Free Transfer Free

1.7.2010 Wilkinson, Steve Free Transfer Free

1.7.2010 Yates, Andy Free Transfer Free

1.7.2010 Hughes, James Free Transfer Free

12.7.2010 Davies, Simon Liverpool £3.5M

11.8.2010 Henry, Jemel Paris SG £1M

14.8.2010 Milner, James Ipswich £2M

17.8.2010 Spector, Jonathan Leicester £1.7M

Players in

1.7.2010 Reid, Andy Bolton Free

1.7.2010 Maloney, Shaun Celtic Free

1.7.2010 Diouf, El-Hadji Paris SG Free

1.7.2010 Dagoberto Kaiserslautern Free

1.7.2010 Stead, Jonathan Blackburn Free

2.7.2010 Schilder, Marcel Ajax Free

1.8.2010 Donadel, Marco Milan Free

1.8.2010 Goitom, Henok Udinese Free

These transfers have left me with a strong mid field and attack with a lot of options, i do

feel tho that i need to improve my defence with a couple of quality signings and maybe a

more experienced and quality goalkeeper. I have got 2 future transfer already arranged for

the January transfer window which will strengthen these areas.

Future transfers in

1.1.2011 Vanden Borre, Anthony West Brom £2.7M

1.1.2011 Green, Robert Norwich £2.7M

Robert Green is a good solid goalkeeper who will do a good job for me and will automatically

become my number 1. Antony Vanden Borre is a good young defender who has been at west Brom

for a few seasons and will give me some strength in depth in defence. I feeel that 1 more defender should leave me with a well balanced squad and due to the injury to Jon Stead out for season i may look to add 1 more attacking option to my squad.

Current 1st team squad

David Marshall GK

Kasper Schmeichel GK

Nico Scholz D RC

Michael Dawson D C

Marco Giannotti D C

Daniele Zacchino D C

Ledley King D/DM C

Renato DM RC

Marco Donadel DM C

Marcel Schilder DM C

Jermaine Jenas AM RC

Andy Reid AM L

Henok Goitom AM/F RLC

Christian Wilhelmsson

Shaun Maloney AM/F C

El-Hadji Diouf F RC

Dagoberto F C

Robbie Keane F C

Fred S C

Robinho S C

Jonathan Stead S C

Results so far this season

1-3 Everton A League Robinho

5-0 Charlton H League Robinho, Fred, Stead(2), Og

0-1 Aston Villa A League

3-4 Chelsea H League Robinho(2), Renato

2-0 Newcastle A League Dagoberto(2)

3-0 Bolton H League Dawson, Dagoberto(2)

0-3 Sheff Utd A League

2-0 Gillingham H LCup 2nd Fred, Maloney

2-1 Middlesbrough H League Fred, Robinho

0-3 Leicester A League

2-1 Arsenal H League Diouf, Robinho

1-3 Liverpool A League Fred

5-0 Millwall H League Goitom, Dagoberto, Fred, Robinho, Donadel

0-2 Middlesbrough A LCup 3rd

1-4 Birmingham A League Robinho

1-1 Fulham H League Keane

0-0 West Brom A League

0-0 Man Utd H League

I am a bit dissapointed with my away form which has been poor but hopefully strengthening my

defence may do the buisness for me if not a slight change to my formation for some away

games may be required. I am currently sitting 8th in the league table which is ok but i am

looking to push to get a European place from the second half of the season.

Sean Bell

Tottenham

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

Alright boys and girls....

Almost time for your beating icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a brave comment! icon_mad.gif

watch yourself! angryfire.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

Nothing like bigging up the battle.

Your going down, down to China town my friend icon_smile.gif

be careful mate, i have even heard that stevey is staying of the happy fags for this one icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

be careful mate, i have even heard that stevey is staying of the happy fags for this one icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tis true.

Everton just about surviving still as they manage a few wins to keep them above the relegation spots

So with the good start to the season things were obviously not going to stay good and get much worse and they did with us dropping down many places in the weeks worth of sessions.

So here is how my side got on last weeks sessions.

Chelsea 3-0 Everton

With chelsea unbeaten at top of the table everyone was fearing them and i could see why. Chelsea took complete control and enckleman just couldnt keep the shots out.

Everton 1-1 Newcastle

Scorers: Neil Knight

With newcastle under-performing in the league this was the perfect time to try and beat them and i actually thought we had until they grabbed an 85th minute late equaliser.

Everton 2-0 Plymouth (League Cup 2nd round)

Scorers: Leon Osman, Guiseppe Rossi

It was finally time to face my old club again in this one sided affair. We were on top throughout the game and really did show why we were one league above them.

Everton 1-3 Sheff Utd (Nick)

Scorers: Ari Nyman

Bit of a blow this one as we was 1 up until the last 20 minutes of play. Although nicks side was playing much better and having more attempts we made it hard for his side but in the last 20 minutes my defence fell apart and nicks side managed to score 3 goals to win the game.

Middlesbrough (Si Murphy) 2-0 Everton

I didnt expect to win this and even though it was si's assistant that was in charge for this game my players just couldnt get past his defence. 2-0 still a pretty decent result which overall i was pleased with.

Everton 4-0 Leicester

Scorers: Guiseppe Rossi, Tim Cahill, Neil Knight, Maciej Korzym

Struggling leicester were to be frank just utter rubbish in this game as my players ran rings around them and had so many shots i lost count. A great perfomance from my guys which gave me a big boost in my fight to stay in the premiership.

Arsenal 4-0 Everton

The last game was soon wiped out by this one. Again just like chelsea they proved way too strong for us and we paid the price although 2 of the goals were penalties.

Everton 0-1 Liverpool

Another tough game and we put up a pretty good fight against them. I was pleased with this result and it could of gone either way.

Cardiff 2-0 Everton (League cup 3rd round)

I thought i would of won this one but cardiff on the day were much better quality side than us. This sent us out the league cup for yet another year but at least we got into the 3rd round for once.

Millwall (Saeed) 3-3 Everton

Scorers: Korzym, Van Persie, Rossi

A spectacular game that saeed missed due to being at work. My team deserved a lot more out of though as the match stats just showed that we had outplayed them. Still a point wasnt all that bad but it looked like all 3 points until the 90th minute when the equaliser came. 3 times millwall came back so gotta give them some credit for that.

Everton 1-1 Birmingham (Stevey)

Scorers: Rossi

A very well earned point this was as we played very well. A well even game with so much excitement a point was very fair.

Bolton 0-2 Everton

Scorers: Rossi, Emerton

With emerton in his new position of attack midfielder for this game he showed me what he could do and it was very impressive he also got man of the match.

Fulham 2-0 Everton

Probably encklemans worst performance so far in the goal which seen him let in 2 very easy shots and give us another loss.

Everton 0-2 WBA (Aida)

Last game of the week and it was against aida. After encklemans poor performance last game i decided to play my reserve keeper for this one. He played utter ***** and was part of the reason why we lost.

With injuries right from the kick off though it was just one of them games u want to forget.

With us 6 or 7 points clear of the relegation spots for the time being things are going according to plan and we aint looking too bad. But if we keep throwing away possible points like we have been doing it couldnt be too long before we start to drop down the league even more.

But for now the mood is very pleasent in the everton camp and im looking forward to the rest of the season. So until this weeks sessions have took place thats it from me

Season 7 Millwall Squad

| Pkd | Inf | Name | Position | Nat | Age | Value |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| - | | Corrin Brooks-Meade | GK | ENG | 22 | £1.2M |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| - | | Danny Powell | GK | ENG | 22 | £775K |

| - | | Ricardo Costa | D C | POR | 29 | £1.3M |

| - | Yel | De la Cuesta | D C | COL | 27 | £2M |

| - | | Nyron Nosworthy | D/DM R | ENG | 30 | £1.1M |

| - | | Mirko Serafini | D/DM RL | ITA | 23 | £2.4M |

| - | | Brede Paulsen Hangeland | D/DM C | NOR | 29 | £1.9M |

| - | | Bojan Winkler | D/M L | SVN | 18 | £1.6M |

| - | | Kenwyne Jones | D/M/F LC | TRI | 26 | £1.2M |

| - | | Paul Reid | D/M C | ENG | 28 | £1.2M |

| - | | David Generelo | DM RC | ESP | 28 | £1.4M |

| - | | Seyi Olofinjana | DM C | NGA | 30 | £3.3M |

| - | Inj | Belözoglu Emre | M LC | TUR | 30 | £3.9M |

| - | | Neil Steele | M LC | ENG | 18 | £675K |

| - | Yel | Romeo Castelen | AM R | NED | 27 | £3.4M |

| - | | Jermaine Pennant | AM R | ENG | 27 | £4.3M |

| - | Inj | Bojan Djordjic | AM LC | SWE | 28 | £1.7M |

| - | | Seol Ki-Hyeon | AM/F LC | KOR | 31 | £2.3M |

| - | | Dimitar Iliev | F LC | BUL | 22 | £3.2M |

| - | | Alex Gibbs | S C | ITA | 26 | £2.2M |

| - | | Steve Carr | S C | ENG | 23 | £3.2M |

| - | | Andrew Hartley | S C | ENG | 18 | £3.3M |

| | | | | | | |

In general the lions have decent level of quality in the squad however things have not been going very well so far. Look how bad it is on this baby!

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Chelsea | | 16 | 13 | 3 | 0 | 34 | 10 | +24 | 42 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Liverpool | | 16 | 11 | 4 | 1 | 41 | 14 | +27 | 37 |

| 3rd | | Arsenal | | 16 | 10 | 4 | 2 | 35 | 16 | +19 | 34 |

| 4th | Steve | Birmingham | | 16 | 10 | 3 | 3 | 35 | 23 | +12 | 33 |

| 5th | Steve| Middlesbrough | | 15 | 9 | 3 | 3 | 29 | 11 | +18 | 30 |

| 6th | | Man Utd | | 16 | 8 | 6 | 2 | 33 | 16 | +17 | 30 |

| 7th | | Southampton | | 16 | 7 | 3 | 6 | 22 | 20 | +2 | 24 |

| 8th | | Bolton | | 16 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 13 | 12 | +1 | 23 |

| 9th | Sean | Tottenham | | 16 | 6 | 3 | 7 | 26 | 24 | +2 | 21 |

| 10th | | Aston Villa | | 15 | 7 | 0 | 8 | 19 | 24 | -5 | 21 |

| 11th | | Fulham | | 16 | 6 | 2 | 8 | 22 | 23 | -1 | 20 |

| 12th | Aida | West Brom | | 16 | 6 | 2 | 8 | 19 | 29 | -10 | 20 |

| 13th | | Leeds | | 16 | 6 | 1 | 9 | 19 | 24 | -5 | 19 |

| 14th | Nick | Sheff Utd | | 16 | 5 | 2 | 9 | 17 | 23 | -6 | 17 |

| 15th | Mike | Ipswich | | 16 | 4 | 5 | 7 | 17 | 26 | -9 | 17 |

| 16th | Lee | Everton | | 16 | 4 | 4 | 8 | 20 | 27 | -7 | 16 |

| 17th | Joey | Newcastle | | 16 | 5 | 1 | 10 | 25 | 36 | -11 | 16 |

| 18th | | Charlton | | 16 | 2 | 4 | 10 | 15 | 33 | -18 | 10 |

| 19th | | Leicester | | 16 | 3 | 0 | 13 | 10 | 32 | -22 | 9 |

| 20th |MY AZZ | Millwall | | 16 | 2 | 3 | 11 | 13 | 41 | -28 | 9 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

Transfer market activity has been extremely slow this season for the Lions. Worth a look though! First of players in which was only 3 but i believe good investments!

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 6.7.2010 | Hartley, Andrew | Free Transfer | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 22.8.2010 | Pennant, Jermaine | Hull | £3.2M |

| 26.8.2010 | Serafini, Mirko | Milan | £1.4M |

Players out mianly free's taking up excess space and wages. So ruthlessness is a must in these cases! lol

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 18.6.2010 | Shaw, Scott | Free Transfer | Free |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2010 | Obertan, Gabriel | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2010 | Hargreaves, Lee | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2010 | Davis, Michael | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2010 | Lynch, Craig | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2010 | James, Ian | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2010 | Hinshelwood, Richard | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2010 | Murphy, Danny | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2010 | Buxton, David | Free Transfer | Free |

| 20.7.2010 | Johnson, Michael | Free Transfer | Free |

| 17.8.2010 | Logan, Conrad | Free Transfer | Free |

Well thats alot of info to cram in. So i best leave fixtures and reults details for after current sesh!

PEACE icon_biggrin.gif

Good weeks worth of sessions have a good weekend all and remember reports mine to follow soon as always icon_smile.gif.

Hoping to update the website soon and the radio will also be back up soon.

Speak to you all next monday icon_smile.gif

will do full report soon, just quick update on boro since i last posted

last season boro won the premier league and were runners up in the fa cup.

this season a clear out of 10 of first team squad has meant that fernando torres has agreed to sign in the close season

unfortunately the title is heading to stamford bridge although boro should get 2nd place, the league cup has already been won, a grudge match in fa cup semi against chelsea is on the cards and the 1/4s of the champions league so good season for boro so far

anyway sorry its so brief will get back to normal from next week

Heres my team report for Week Ending 17th July 2005.

Session Date: 11th July 2005

Players Out: 2

Jon Edwards DM C Bury £70K

Dave Dixon AM/F LC Port Vale £45K

Players In: 1

Michael Brooks D C Man Utd £20K

Loans In: 2

Kevin Lewis AM LC Everton Duration: End of Season

Mitchell Donald F LC Everton Duration: End of Season

Results

EC Cardiff 3 - 0 Swindon

Cardiff Scorers: Zoltan Boor (8 & 56) & Richard Langley (53)

Red Cards: Kieron Dyer (Swindon) (28)

EC Swindon 0 - 1 Wolves

Wolves Scorer: Mark Quigley (5)

EC Blackpool 4 - 0 Swindon

Blackpool Scorers: Kevin Davies (23, 52 & 58) & Andy White (87)

EC Swindon 0 - 1 Portsmouth

Portsmouth Scorer: Supat Rungratsamee (45)

Championship position at End of Session: 24th

Session Date: 12th July 2005

Players In: 1

Jon Walton AM/F C Man Utd £60K

Loans In: 2

Darren Holloway D/DM C Fulham Duration: 3 Months

Matt Connelly D/DM C Liverpool Duration: 3 Months

Results

EC Doncaster 3 - 2 Swindon

Doncaster Scorers: Jack Watkins (3), Neil Roberts (45) & Steven Milne (68)

Swindon Scorers: Grant Smith (49) & Jeff Whitley (83)

FAC Swindon 1 - 1 Portsmouth

Swindon Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (57)

Portsmouth Scorer: Giovanni Torre (28)

EC Swindon 4 - 2 Coventry

Swindon Scorers: Njazi Kuqi (16, 30 & 63) & Rory Fallon (27)

Coventry Scorer: Alexander Franz (23 & 41)

FAC Portsmouth 3 - 2 Swindon (AET)

Portsmouth Scorers: Giovanni Torre (42), Gary O'Neill (84) & T.J McClory-Cuthbertson (116)

Swindon Scorers: Kevin Lewis (73) & kieron Dyer (88)

EC Hull 1 - 1 Swindon

Hull Scorer: Eddie Johnson (86)

Swindon Scorer: Mark Fisher Own Goal (89)

EC Swindon 2 - 2 Q.P.R

Swindon Scorers: Njazi Kuqi (22) & Matt Connelly (Pen 79)

Q.P.R Scorers: Alan Quinn (12) & Scott Donnelly (85)

Championship position at end of session: 24th

Session Date: 13th July 2005

Players Released: 2

Leigh Henry D C

Shaun Derry M C

Results

EC Sheffield Weds 3 - 0 Swindon

Sheffield Weds Scorers: Adam Proudlock (26), Glenn Whelan (47) & Tobias Grahn (59)

EC Swindon 0 - 1 West Ham

West Ham Scorer: Sergio Cruz (47)

EC Walsall 1 - 0 Swindon

Walsall Scorer: Sean Thornton (32)

EC Swindon 0 - 1 Preston

Preston Scorer: Robert Snodgrass (18)

EC Swansea 0 - 1 Swindon

Swindon Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (Pen 90)

EC Swindon 1 - 2 Derby

Swindon Scorer: Mitchell Donald (47)

Derby Scorers: Johnnie Jackson (14) & Robert Earnshaw (17)

EC Sunderland 0 - 0 Swindon

EC Swindon 2 - 2 Watford

Swindon Scorers: Scott Dobie (5) & Matchell Donald (58)

Watford Scorers: Clinton Morrison (50) & Gauthier Diafutua (84)

EC Wigan 0 - 2 Swindon

Swindon Scorers: Njazi Kuqi (62) & Brynjar Gunnarsson (84)

Red Cards: Gary Breen (Wigan) (90)

Manager Comments

Well I am staring Relegation in the face again and I doubt I will be able to save Swindon from Relegation considering the massive points gap between botton and safety. Its become obvious to me that none of the players I have, except Njazi Kuqi, are of Championship league quality so if I am still Swindon Manager at the end of the season I am going to have to sell most of the players to fund a spending spree to get in players that can help Swindon back into the Championship and keep us there.

The struggle continues as Everton lose concentration which costs them points

With us currently a few places above relegation things werent looking too bed but with some very hard sides to face it was going to be a very long and hard task to keep my side in the premiership for next season.

Ending on a high in the previous weeks sessions i went into this one of course on a high but knowing my side had to face man utd first game was pretty daunting and i wasnt expecting too much of it.

Here is how all last weeks session results went.........

Man Utd 4-0 Everton

With man utd not as good as they used to be i really fancied my chances in this game but the truth is we just never got going. Right from the kick off our back 4 were leaking so much and letting man utd have so much possession and it didnt take them too long before they belted a few in the back of the net.

Everton 0-1 Leeds

A game i fancied my chances at winning this was but with leeds currently on great form and in 8th place we didnt get that win. A closely contested game with only one difference.........the scoreline.

Southampton 2-1 Everton

Scorers: Cahill

Being 1 up at half time i thought we had this game wrapped up but southampton punished us and scored 2 goals straight after each other in the 2nd half to change around the score and get the 3 points.

Tottenham (Sean's assistant) 8-0 Everton

Terrible game this was as my side sunk to their heaviest defeat yet. This was the turning point as after the game i changed our formation and our results changed for the better.

Everton 2-2 Ipswich (Mike)

Scorers: Van Persie, Pokorny

After just being hammered by tottenham himself mikes ipswich was on the same level as us and it set this up for a verty entertaining game. An even game throughout and although we had a few more chances a draw was probably the fairest outcome.

Everton 3-0 Charlton

Scorers: Horvat, Knight, Van Persie

Our first win in quite a while and boy did we need it. With charlton in relegation we needed to secure 3 points from this to increase our gap on them and we did.

Aston Villa 0-2 Everton

Scorers: Horvat, Cahill

Another good display here which put us on pretty decent form. Yet again increasing our gap a little more on the rest of the fellow relegation struggling sides. With horvat impressing me and playing some quality football we had found another talanted youngster.

Going into tuesday session on a high after 2 sucessive wins in a row but with chelsea next game who were still unbeaten i was worried.

Everton 0-1 Chelsea

A loss which i feel we didnt deserve. My players outplayed chelsea and had their defence in chaos. Luckily petr cech was again on form and stopped us from maybe winning the game.

Sunderland 2-1 Everton (FA Cup 3rd Round)

Scorers: Osman

Resting a few players for this game so it was time to give some youths a bit of first team experience. We did well but crashed out of the cup to the championship leaders.

Newcastle 1-1 Everton

Scorers: Osman

Being 1 up and controlling the game against relegation newcastle yes thats right Newcastle in relegation i thought we were going to win. But a very late goal from newcastle wiped those thoughts away.

Everton 0-0 Bolton

A rather boring game which didnt really entertain me at all or the crowd watching. A fair result as little chances were created.

Sheff Utd (Nicks) 3-0 Everton

A poor game for us this was against nicks on form sheff utd. Nick's team dominated from start to finish and gave us a very hard game. We didnt get anything out of it except the loss and didnt really deserve anything better.

Everton 0-1 Middlesbrough (Si)

Although we lost this one i was extremely pleased with how well we played as si's side are very hard to beat no matter who you are.

A good display that showed that my side was improving.

Leicester 0-2 Everton

Scorers: Horvat, Cahill

Another well deserved victory against another relegation struggling side. Not as good as the last time we faced them as they put up a bit of a fight this time but we still pulled through and showed that we was still on a better level than them in terms of quality.

Liverpool 6-1 Everton

Scorers: Van Persie

Having over a month to rest for this match i was confident that we could maybe of got a point out of this but i was totally wrong.

A bit of a hammering which signalled the end to the whole weeks worth of sessions.

With Millwall still to face and a few other near relegation sides it is probably going to come down to those games whether we can survive in the premiership but lets hope so. Until more sessions have been played thats it for now its been a pleasure reporting icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Tottenham (Sean's assistant) 8-0 Everton

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Normal order restored then icon_razz.gif

So the 7th season has come to an end and here is a breif description of how everyone got on icon_smile.gif

Me - Everton

Unfourtunately got relegated from the premiership after just coming up. Was down to the end game of the season which i managed to win but newcastle did also to send me down.

However some great players have already joined the everton camp such as Maciej Hyps who looks the perfect replacement for korzym, Leon Kelly a very talented 17 year old striker who already has a 3 million tag on him and most biggest signing of all Robert De Pinho.

Shirt sales have already increased since his arrival so lets hope he bangs the goals in.

With rossi and a few other players being booted out also there is a nice new fresh style to Everton. But will just have to see if my players can adapt well to the new tactic i have decided to go with.

If they do then i expect my side to come up my only worry is my finances but if more players keep going then it should all be good.

Stevey Toner - Birmingham

Another great season for stevey and his very solid birmingham side. But the question is will stevey crack if his side go without winning any cups this season???? i think so icon_smile.gif.

Still gonna be a great season for his team and will be up their with the impressive chelsea fighting for the title.

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough

Runner up in the premiership and runner up in most of the cups no thanks to chelsea.

I think this season is going to be similar unless something drastic happens to chelsea.

Aida Connolly - WBA

Bit of a weird season for aida as after last seasons 4th place finish it must of gave him loads of confidence. The only problem is i think the confidence took control of the players and they got a little too over confident. Also losing mokoena to chelsea was a major blow and just made roman's empire even stronger than it was.

A mid table finish this season at least for aida as i think the season just finished was a one off well hope it was anyway icon_smile.gif.

Sean Bell - Tottenham

Struggled in the premiership a little bit to find those wins. But a strong cup run basically kept him his job.

The new season looks bright as pre season has so far gone well and still loads of quality at his side so lets hope it is a good season.

Simon White - West Ham

Was the favourite to come back up and he did just that. Had a good season overall and was near the top for most of the season so good consistancy was there.

I just hope simon's team finally settle into the premiership as the past few times he has come up it just hasnt worked out for him.

With the quality of his new strikers and players alround though i think he should be safe but signing 38 year old roberto carlos worried me a little icon_smile.gif.

Nick Sousounis - Sheff Utd

A season that started off crap and the outcome couldnt of been much better than this and im sure nick didnt expect it himself.

Being in uefa this season if all goes well sheff utd could soon have a nice healthy balance that may even be able to attract a few world class signings. But my fear is that due to nick being away for a month his assistant may ruin it all i just hope he dont.

Tony Hall - Swansea

So after what was a dreadful season for tony turned out to be an alrite one after all.

After his swindon side were officially announced relegated from the championship the swansea job came up and Tony didnt take long at all to apply.

They have now took him on and his side look much better than swindon. Still dont really know what to think of swansea as i havent seen them play but i think tony will be aiming for a mid table finish possibly higher.

Saeed Al-Darmaki - Millwall

Relegated from the premiership just like me and didnt really win that many games in the division. Also with saeed disappearing im not really sure what ambitions he has for his for the new season but im sure they are good ones icon_smile.gif.

Should bounce back and come back up if he returns my only worry are his keepers who let in 90 goals between them.

Mike Law - Ipswich

Again establishing his side as premiership quality side by finishing mid table in the premiership.

Not really going anywhere by looks of things so least thats a good thing. An improvement on last season by a fair bit i think he will improve a little more this season also with some very good youth players in his squad.

Ant Banach and Joey Briggs

Both currently on holiday and both sacked. After only just avoiding the drop with newcastle the board decided they wanted to bring a different style of manager in.

Not really playing a game in charge also i dont think joey is even going to remember one of the players that was actually in his squad.

Ant on the other hand has been unemployed in the game for quite a while now after building a pretty stable squad with man city then gettin sacked with them.

Ant shouldnt have a problem getting a new job and should do pretty well at whatever club he joins. Joey however i aint sure about as he doesnt tend to sign many players which is probably where he's gone wrong.

So thats how everyones season went. I want to wish the best of luck to all managers and hope season 8 is one of the best yet icon_smile.gif

My end of season and pre season reports to follow after tonights (wednesday) session has taken place

Again a very good weeks worth of sessions. Next session monday usual times and im hopefully going to start getting the website up 2 date tommorow and friday icon_smile.gif.

Speak to you all on monday and dont forget to report. Have a good month nick mate and speak to you when you return icon_smile.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough

Runner up in the premiership and runner up in most of the cups no thanks to chelsea.

I think this season is going to be similar unless something drastic happens to chelsea.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

boro won the league cup so record of a piece of silverware a season is continuing

Some of you may wonder what im doing posting at this time............. well maybe not icon_smile.gif

But just to let all you members know all the clan website has now been updated i been working on it since midday and only just finished so you can imagine how long its taken so be sure to check it for latest manager points, league tables and more.

The records page and transfers page have both have a complete change. Anyway speak to you all monday remember reports and check out the clan website when you got time cheers icon_smile.gif

One report to follow when i wake up which at the moment seems very unlikely to be soon icon_biggrin.gif

Ok so the 7th season seen my Everton team get relegated from the Premiership just 1 season after being promoted from the Championship.

It was all down to the last day of the season and i was praying for a win and i got it.

But The team slighty above me being Newcastle United also managed a win to confirm my relegation.

Still all was not lost and overall it had been a pretty sucessful season.

I finally decided it was time to create a new tactic for the coming season as my current one i had been using since taking charge of Everton and too be honest i think it had its day.

The new formation was much different than ever before and was going to require at least a few new players to make this tactic work.

Playing a right back, left back, right midfielder and left midfielder for the first time it was going to be very daunting at first but i would hope my players settle into it.

For the new season i scouted high and low for some key replacements. As with old star players such as Korzym and Rossi leaving it was going to be a hard task to get replacements half as good as them in.

But with a lot of youths such as neil knight, Denis Horvat pulling through things wasnt

looking terrible.

All the players that i have signed for the coming season are:

Leon Kelly from QPR for 375k (A 17 year old striker that i spotted once on my scouting mission in the lower divisions. Has some nice stats and looks a little like neil knight in many ways)

Maciej Hyps from Legia for 1.2 million (The replacement for Korzym from the same country and even has the same first name as him. Could this all just be a coincedence?. In most ways much better than korzym but will just have to see if he can cope on the right wing).

Robert De Pinho from Ajax on a free (Shirt sales went up within the first week of pinho's arrivals that must say a fair bit about how talented this guy is. A striker who was signed mainly to support the other forwards but also signed as a replacement for Rossi due to him being sold to Wolves).

Christian Rodriguez from Boca Juniors on a free (Due to enckelman getting a little old Rodriguez was seen as the perfect replacement for him. With better stats already than enckelman and only 22 years old this keeper could become a real assist to the side and could even become a world class keeper in seasons to come.

Richard Morris signed from Cardiff for 240k (Probably the most talented 15 year old i've spotted in a while. At only 15 has a valuation already of a couple of million and is already a welsh international.)

Gonzalo Barreto signed from Nacional for 1 million (Due to the back being a little bit weak i decided to go for this 24 year old uruguayan left/right back. I was thrilled when he got a permit after getting his initial one turned down and i just hope that he will play as good as he looks).

So with all those players signed and the squad looking its strongest since me joining Everton everything is looking extremely good. We will just have to see though.

The new season kicked off in last Wednesday's session and my new players started off very well but just how well? Will have to see when i report on it soon........

Im a week late on my reports so here we go...

Sheffield United

After the last full of various emotions season which saw the Blades getting a victory in the last fixture and managing to stay in the Premiership i was determined to improve our roster significantly in order to have a more relaxed following season. Only problem was that we were already alot over our wages but i decided to take the risk and sign important people....and lots of them :

Transfers In

- Vyacheslav Malafeev GK 4.1M from Celta

- Mahamadou Kere DLC Free Charleroi

- Philippe Senderos DC Free Arsenal

- Cristian Nasuti DC Free Lecce

- Gill Swerts DR Free Beveren

- Indridi Sigurdsson DL Free AA Gent

- Zdenek Grygera DR Free Feyenoord

- Anatoliy Tymoschuk DMC Free Frankfurt

- Sebastian Mila AML Free Levante

- Akin Serhat FRC Free Feyenoord

- Peter Crouch FC Free Southampton

The players who got released or sold were way more than the ones i signed in an attempt to bring some ballance to our wages :

Players Out

- Paul McMullan DL 180k Cardiff

- Karol Kisel AMR Free Swansea

- Paddy Kenny GK Free Plymouth

- Paulo Sousa DMC Free

- Tomas Dosek FC Free

- Danny Cullip DC Free

- Plus many more who dont deserve a mention (mostly Reserves and U18 ones)

I had enough depth in my squad in all positions apart the striker and winger one, was planning to invest in those 2 roles in January. Confidence was pretty high for a safe season but our schedule was looking pretty mean :

Results

- Sheff Utd vs Birmingham 1-2

- Fulham vs Sheff Utd 3-0

- Sheff Utd vs WBA 4-1

- Man Utd vs Sheff Utd 3-0

- Sheff Utd vs Leeds 0-2

Was a tough start due to a tough schedule, Fulham and Leeds results got me worried about the future though.

- Southampton vs Sheff Utd 2-1

- Sheff Utd vs Tottenham 3-0

- Wolves vs Sheff Utd 0-1 (League Cup)

- Everton vs Sheff Utd 1-3

My fears got confirmed on the Southampton match which i was sure i could win, that loss was a really bad sign...the next 3 wins in a row brought back a bit of confidence and a better morale but unfortunatelly that was just a small break of our bad form and performances.

- Sheff Utd vs Charlton 0-2

- Aston Villa vs Sheff Utd 0-1

- Sheff Utd vs Chelsea 0-0

- Newcastle vs Sheff Utd 4-0

- Burnley vs Sheff Utd 2-0 (League Cup)

After that series of results Sheff Utd was placed very close to the relegation zone, i wasnt sure at all anymore, things were looking really bad...wasnt expecting anything like that when the season started. Seemed that more signings were needed so i started scouting for an AMRL and a FC in an ultimate attempt to complete our squad.

- Sheff Utd vs Bolton 1-0

- Ipswich vs Sheff Utd 1-1

- Middlesbrough vs Sheff Utd 0-3

- Sheff Utd vs Leicester 0-1

- Arsenal vs Sheff Utd 5-1

- Sheff Utd vs Liverpool 1-3

- Millwall vs Sheff Utd 1-2

- Birmingham vs Sheff Utd 3-1

- Sheff Utd vs Fulham 5-0

- WBA vs Sheff Utd 1-3

We've managed to gain some points in those last fixtures before xmas break, won some games that i wasnt expecting to win...lost some others that i should have won. We were still placed lower than midtable and definatelly we werent looking saved yet, though confidence was getting better at Bramall Lane especially cause of our new signings coming the 1st of January :

Transfers In

- Christoffer Andersson AMRL 750k Middlesbrough

- Ates Necati FC 2.4M Birmingham

Both of them class players, tho 30+ yrs old. In the same time i managed to lighten up a bit our wages by selling some people :

Transfers Out

- Andrea Gasbarroni AMRL 525k West Ham

- Filip Sebo FC Free Swansea

- Daniel Barreto GK 800k Alaves

- Mikel Acar AMR 180k Heerenveen

- Moritz Volz DR Free Wolfsburg

- Jonas Troest DRC 180k Sunderland

- Stanislav Sestak FC 65k

- Russell Anderson DC Free Swansea

After a small xmas break season started again, tough schedule infront but i was pretty sure that we could aim for a better league placing, apart the new people our Gk got consistent and wasnt letting many goals in anymore...match vs Man Utd was the first test :

- Sheff Utd vs Man Utd 3-0

- Leeds vs Sheff Utd 1-1

- Leicester vs Sheff Utd 2-2 (FA Cup)

- Sheff Utd vs Southampton 2-0

- Leicester vs Sheff Utd 2-2 (FA Cup), Leicester got through with a pen shoutout

- Tottenham vs Sheff Utd 0-2

- Sheff Utd vs Everton 3-0

- Charlton vs Sheff Utd 1-3

- Sheff Utd vs Aston Villa 2-0

- Chelsea vs Sheff Utd 2-1

That was a great run! 9 matches in a row without a loss, new premiership record for the Blades, which got cut by a loss to Chelsea away with a decent score tho. New players were doing more than great, class performances by the rest as well propelled us to the 10th position...pretty clear of relegation already and by playing an attractive footy.

- Sheff Utd vs Newcastle 1-0

- Bolton vs Sheff Utd 1-1

- Sheff Utd vs Ipswich 2-1

- Sheff Utd vs Middlesbrough 0-0

- Leicester vs Sheff Utd 2-3

- Sheff Utd vs Arsenal 3-0

Another confident run, 6 more matches without a loss...8th position with 1 point of difference from Leeds who were 7th and 3 from Tottenham in the 9th place. European competition participation looked really doable at that point and i was determined to achieve it considering that we had to play 2 more matches only...

- Liverpool vs Sheff Utd 2-0

- Sheff Utd vs Millwall 0-0

We managed to gain 1 point in the last 2 fixtures but turned out to be enough to get us to Intertoto with the prospective to go in Uefa Cup by winning it. That was an extremelly good season for the Blades, i would even say unexpectedly good...8th place in Premieship...another Blades record, and only in our 2nd season in the top division, clearly delighted!

Overwiev and Predictions

Si's Middlesbrough : Runner up in almost every competition he participated in, confirming his superb squad for another season. Better luck next year Si.

Steveys' Birmingham : Another succesfull season for stevey too consolidating Birmingham as one of the most capable Premieship sides, u just need 1 click to make them top m8.

Sean's Tottenham : Got intertoto but imo he can do alot better with his side due to the vast talent in his roster, go for it m8.

Aida's WBA : Mokoena's departure costed him and at the same time made Chelsea stronger, awesome player that guy. Moreover participating in european competitions might have tired his squad alot, that can explain the lower than last year final league placing for him. In any case WBA has a strong roster and imo Aida will recover in the next season.

Mike's Ipswich : Safe midtable for Mike, slight but not insignificant improve than last season made Ipswich a pretty solid Premieship side. More improvement next year ---> better league placing for mike icon_smile.gif

Lee's Everton : Fought bravelly against relegation and unfortunatelly he didnt make it, the fight lasted till the last fixture tho. Imo Everton is a very strong side for EC and Lee will win it next season.

Saeed's Millwall : Due to his absence and not a really strong roster Millwall was one of the clubs that seemed to go down, work on ur roster m8 and come back to Premieship next year icon_smile.gif

Simon's West Ham : I predicted him to win the EC title and he just did it, way to go m8. West Ham deserves to be in the Premiership and imo he wont get relegated again this season.

Tony's Swindon (now Swansea) : After a harsh season seeing his Swindon side getting relegated he got sacked and took control immediatelly at Swansea. New sides need alot of work and scouting, hope u can pull it off icon_smile.gif

Ant and Joey : Both on vacations, cant really say anything for a season which they didnt play at all.

Sheffield United

Ok here we are, new season full of excitement starting really early due to Intertoto. Really looking forward to it and im pretty confident i can make it to Uefa. Due to our exceeding by alot wages i decided not to sign any more players for this season and sell some others.

Players Out

- Rudolf Urban MC Free Kayserispor

- Reynir Leosson DC Free

- Tomas Oravec FC Free

- Bruno Aguiar DMC Free

- Ricardo Quaresma AMR Free Swansea

- Martin Ericsson AMC 50k Swansea

Preseason started with 2 friendlies vs our Reserve and U18 squads, right after we had intertoto :

Results

Intertoto 3rd round

- Koper vs Sheff Utd 1-3

- Sheff Utd vs Koper 1-0

Intertoto 4th round (semi)

- Sopron vs Sheff Utd 0-2

- Sheff Utd vs Sopron 2-0

After beating those 2 unknown sides we made it to the finals, next opponent was Boavista...not a superb but a capable nontheless squad.

Intertoto final 1st leg

- Sheff Utd vs Boavista 4-0

Very good result, gave us alot of confidence for the 2nd leg, Uefa Cup was looking really possible. In the meantime Premiership started as well...another really tough schedule for the Blades right from the start.

- Birmingham vs Sheff Utd 1-1

- Sheff Utd vs Liverpool 1-3

- Boavista vs Sheff Utd 2-2 (Intertoto final 2nd leg)

- Sheff Utd vs Middlesbrough 2-2

- Bolton vs Sheff Utd 0-2

- West Ham vs Sheff Utd 3-2

5 matches in the premiership, 2 wins 2 draws 1 loss...7th place looks good if u consider that i had to play some of the best Premiership clubs in those first 5 fixtures. Also we managed to win the Intertoto final which gave us the ticket to Uefa Cup.

Problem is that im going on hollidays for a whole month and i wont be able to play the rest of this season.

Im hoping that my assistant can do a decent job so ill might be able to be still in control of the Blades when ill be back (September). In any case have a nice rest of ur summer lads and ill cu all after a month icon_smile.gif

Good reports and enjoy your break mate icon_smile.gif. I will report later on today how my start to the new season went remember to report aswell the rest of you icon_smile.gif.

If you havent checked the clan website out yet then do so if you want to by going here

after missing the start of the new season ( end of year very drunk 6 weeks off till start new job) i will now be back for each session this summer and will start reports soon

prediction league and placing competitions

will be run this season through the clan website this is open to anyone including those from other clans, come on lets see if your good enough to take freds crown (lets face it it shouldnt be hard) icon_biggrin.gif

A Solid start in the Championship with Evertons new look side

After signing several new players for the new season and getting rid of a few important ones it was finally that time to test them to see how well they played on the pitch.

The results so far i've been pleased with and i hope we can maintain our current form in the next few weeks. Here is how all the first fixtures of the new season went.

Everton 2-2 Charlton

Scorers: Van Persie, De Pinho

A little bit of a shakey start to our life back in the championship but i'll put that down to the new formation that they all had to adjust to aswell as because most of the players were new they had to get used to each other.

One new signing started off very brightly though and that was de pinho socring his debut goal 18 minutes into the game.

With us being 2-0 up at half time i thought we were cruising but 67 minutes came and they pulled a goal back. Then on the 90 minute mark they squared it level which too be honest they didnt deserve.

Our new keeper rodriguez looked very dodgy and was the main cause of them scoring 2. With Charlton having just 2 shots on target and scoring both i was pretty gutted.

Everton 4-1 Barnsley

Scorers: Knight, Horvat (2), De Pinho

A great 2nd game which we went into flying didnt give them a chance and it wasnt long before the strking duo hit home a couple of goals.

With de pinho being rested for this game it was time for 21 year old Horvat to impress and he did. Getting on the scoresheet twice was very good for the young lad.

De Pinho however did make an appearance and it didnt take him long to score his 2nd goal in 2 games.

A good win which should of been 4-0 but another dodgy display by our new keeper stopped that from happening. Still i was prepared to give him a chance.

Wolves 0-1 Everton

Scorers: Knight

A solid win this was and our first away game. I was a little bit nervous at first with it being our first away game but those nerves soon wore off.

Only 1 goal in this entertaining game and rodriguez changed played bad into playing excellent making several stops which denied wolves from getting an equaliser.

Still we played the better football and could of found ourselves at least 2 up by half time but their keeper also had an excellent game.

Wigan 0-2 Everton

Scorers: Osman, Hyps

The 1st of our encounters against Wigan as we had them next in the league cup. A good solid win which got new midfielder maciej hyps off the mark.

Wigan wasnt really given any good opportunity to get anything out of the game and another clean sheet from our new keeper signalled his improvement.

Everton 4-0 Wigan (League Cup 1st round)

Scorers: Horvat (3), Cahill, Pokorny (Goal disallowed), Cahill (Goal disallowed)

Having to face the same side twice in a week i didnt really know what to expect from this fixture. But we progressed through the 1st round of the league cup no problem at all.

Horvats 2nd start in the team and again impressed scoring a hat trick. The scoreline would of been much more but the stupid linesman flagged offside for 2 of our goals.

Still 4-0 was a very convincing win but the next round was to be much harder as we face Newcastle. The team which sent us down last season and we hold many grudges against so should be a good game.

Everton 2-1 Swansea (Tony)

Scorers: De Pinho, Knight

A game which we dominated and just couldnt score. Then late on at 65 minutes we suprisingly went 1 down.

It wasnt until the last 10 minutes of the game which we really switched on and scored 2 goals after another to turn the result around and come off with the win.

Portsmouth 1-2 Everton

Scorers: Cahill, De Pinho

Again went 1 down in this game but we stayed strong and went into the 2nd half all guns blazing.

The hardest match yet where both teams had equal amount of shots just we got more on target and scored the winner.

De pinho grabbed the winner after coming on as sub late on.

Everton 2-0 Hull

Scorers: Taylor, Knight

For my best defender to score in this game i was delighted. A good cross met by taylors head put us 1 up.

Then again after a few tactical changes Neil knight came on as a sub and seconds later grabbed the 2nd.

Another clean sheet by rodriguez who was clearly improving.

So we are currently sitting in 1st place after 7 games unbeaten with all the new players playing some incredible football but with 2nd and 3rd to face the next 2 games we are not to lose our concentration and hopefully win both.

If we win both of them then we could be looking very good but still its the beginning of the season so i dont want to say too much.

So thats it until the next report. Hopefully my team can keep there good form up icon_smile.gif

Ok heres my team report for Swindon/Swansea for Weekending 24th July 2005.

Session Date: 18th July 2005

Players Signed: 1

Mick Hurst GK Liverpool £85K

Transfer Listed Players: 10

Grant Smith M LC Asking Price: £325K

Steffen Hofmann AM RC Asking Price: £650K

Sean O'Hanlon D RC Asking Price: £75K

Kyle Lapham D LC Asking Price: £14K

Jeff Whitley DM RC Asking Price: £85K

Scott Dobie F RC Asking Price: £26K

Brynjar Gunnarsson DM C Asking Price: £7K

Liam Atkin D C Asking Price: £14K

Adrian Ball SW/D C Asking Price: £10K

Levi Porter AM RC Asking Price: £100K

Results

EC Swindon 1 - 0 Plymouth

Swindon Scorer: Grant Smith (2)

EC Blackburn 3 - 1 Swindon

Blackburn Scorers: Mark Black (31), Paul Gallagher (43) & Shinji Ono (45)

Swindon Scorer: Rory Fallon (10)

Swindon Injuries: Njazi Kuqi (69) & Kyle Lapham (90)

EC Nottingham Forest 1 - 0 Swindon

Nottingham Forest Scorer: Clement Fischer (32)

EC Swindon 3 - 1 Cardiff

Swindon Scorers: Scott Dobie (16), Rory Fallon (42) & Mitchell Donald (88)

Cardiff Scorer: Marcus Bent (13)

Swindon Injury: Rory Fallon (60)

Red Cards: Lucas Neill (Cardiff) (62)

Swindon Relegated to League One

EC Wolves 2 - 0 Swindon

Wolves Scorers: Jay Bothroyd (23) & Kenny Lunt (36)

EC Swindon 0 - 0 Blackpool

Session Date: 19th July 2005

Players Signed: 3

Sol Campbell D C Derby Free

Hermann Hreidarsson D LC Watford Free

John Sutton F LC Walsall Free

Players Sold: 3

Grant Smith M LC Chesterfield £120K

Kyle Lapham D LC Rotherham £10K

Levi Porter AM RC Rotherham £70K

Results

EC Portsmouth 3 - 0 Swindon

portsmouth Scorers: Giovanni Torre (45), Phillip Cousins (70) & Dirk Kuyt (90)

Breaking News

News has just arrived here at Sky Sports News that Swindon Manager Tony Hall has resigned after accepting an offer at Swansea. the New Swansea manager inherits a squad that barely escaped relegation from the Championship and he is expected to achieve a safe position next season.

End of Breaking News

Swansea Squad Inherited

Jonathan Tuffey GK

Luke Steele GK

Jonathan Evans D RC

Darren Roberts D L

Jonathan Fortune D C

Russell Anderson D C

Lee Surman D C

Andrew Nicholas D/DM L

Celestine Babayaro D/DM L

Tommy Williams D/DM LC

Simon Day D/M RC

Andrew Taylor D/M L

Gareth Davies M R

Adam Bolder M C

Mark Hughes M C

Chris Taylor AM R

Leon Britton AM C

Kevin Kyle F LC

Steven Gillespie F C

Nathan Jarman S C

Chris Dagnall S C

Filip Sebo S C

James Graham S C

Danny Hart D C Everton £24K

Ryan Jarvis S C Norwich Free

Thomas Mazurkiewicz AM C Preston Free

Championship position at end of session: 21st

Session Date: 20th July 2005

Andy Short D C Arsenal Free

Ricardo Quaresma AM R Sheffield Utd Free

Martin Ericsson AM C Sheffield Utd £35K

Loans In: 1

Steinar Bakkeeit D C Club Brugge Duration: Till End of Season

Staff In: 1

Fraser Foster Scout Rotherham Free

Results

EC Doncaster 0 - 3 Swansea

Swansea Scorers: Kevin Kyle (14), Filip Sebo (54) & James Graham (80)

Swansea Injuries: Celestine Babayaro (13)

Red Cards: Jonathan Douglas (Doncaster) (84)

EC Derby 3 - 1 Swansea

Derby Scorers: Tom Huddlestone (26 & 66) & Elvis Hammond (72)

Swansea Scorer: Filip Sebo (28)

EC Swansea 2 - 3 Q.P.R

Swansea Scorers: Ricardo Quaresma (Pen 45) & Kevin Kyle (54)

Q.P.R Scorers: Scott Donnolly (2) & Stanislan Sestak (50 & 56)

EC Swansea 2 - 2 Plymouth

Swansea Scorers: Kevin Kyle (11) & Filip Sebo (26)

Plymouth Scorers: Ian Garner (23) & Neil Mellor (85)

LC (EC) Swansea 1 - 2 Gillingham (EC)

Swansea Scorer: Filip Sebo (53)

Gillingham Scorers: Hasney Aljofree (10) & Paul Heffernan (66)

Swansea Injuries: Jonathan Evans (77)

EC Everton 2 - 1 Swansea

Everton Scorers: Robert De Pinho (82) & Neil Knight (87)

Swansea Scorer: James Graham (66)

EC Swansea 3 - 1 Blackpool

Swansea Scorers: James Graham (14 & 76) & Filip Sebo (44)

Blackpool Scorer: Greg Halford (69)

Swansea Injuries: Simon Day (63)

EC Barnsley 2 - 4 Swansea

Barnsley Scorers: Antony Kay (2) & Steven Davis (62)

Swansea Scorers: James Graham (3 & 81), Filip Sebo (12) & Ryan Jarvis (56)

Championship position at end of session: 12th

Manager Comments

Well its been a good start for my new club so far, I'm hoping to finish well away from teh relegation zone this season and so far its looking good. Made a few good signings and this week I'll have to cut off the excess and lose a few players.

A Recap

I havn't posted in a while so just to recap on last season. We managed to get past the group stages in the Champions League only to be drawn against Chelsea who beat us. We were to meet Chelsea again in League Cup and lose.

Playing in the Champions League really took its toll on the squad, our league form was disrupted and a battle was on to finish in the top four. Coming to the last game of the season we managed to finish in 4th and once again qualify for the Champions League. Intrest in my players was coming in from all over europe and i had to knock back a few offers with the exception of Ben Arfa. Chelsea had offerd £30 million for Arfa, a offer i couldn't refuse.

Two players of importance to come in were Shaun Wright Phillips and Saviola. Pablo Aimar was also brought in during the january window.

So at the moment things are looking rosey on Birmingham as i think i have established the best squad i have ever had at St Andrews. If no silver way comes this way this season i would be disappointed.

Here is some results from the start of the season,

Birmingham 3-0 Paris (Champs League Qual.3 Leg 1)

Birmingham 1-1 Sheff Utd

Leicester 1-3 Birmingham

Paris 0-3 Birmingham (Champs League Qual.3 Leg 2)

Ipswich 1-5 Birmingham

Birmingham 1-1 Leeds

Birmingham 1-1 Fulham

Not a bad start to the season but slipped up against Leeds and Fulham, 4 points dropped. Wright Phillips and Saviola are playing well and my new defence is taking shape.

Till next time, tat tar

Transfer arranged

Johan Vonlanthen Middlesbrough to Norwich £35m

Sebastian Kaufmann Bayern to Boro 350k

Fernando Porras R>Sociedad to Boro 825k

Dean Jolly Arsenal to Boro 2.5m

Jimmy Adams Boro to Raeding 250k

Michael Kamara Boro to Hartlepool 230k

Luigi Bagnoli Boro to Pisa 1m

Maxi Lopez Boro to Southampton 3.3m

Timo Muller Boro to Chemnitz 1.5m

Mancini Boro to Southampton 2.3m

Jose Dinas Gonzales Rodrigues Boro to Leicester 2.5m

Antonio Rio Mavuba Boro to Newcastle 20m

so 66m+ of players leaving and just under 4m on players to boro, stevey gibson will be well happy again especially after spending 38m on torres in the close season only for him to get injured 3 days later icon_mad.gif

fixtures

14/9/2011

middlesbrough 6 dinamo bucharest 0 euro cup

scorers cavenaghi 6

red card Beer

18/9/2011

Leeds 0 Middlesbrough 2 League

scorers Nilmar Cavenaghi

24/09/2011

Middlesbrough 1 Ipswich 0 League

Scorers Cavenaghi

Injuries Cavenaghi 3 weeks

27/09/2011

Milan 2 Middlesbrough 2 Champions League

Scorers Kalou Servet

01/10/2011

Fulham 1 Middlesbrough 2 League

Scorers Parnaby(only his 3rd ever for boro in 290+games)

05/10/2011

Middlesbrough 1 Arsenal 0 League

Scorers Schultz

Awards

Manager of the month for September

decent start for Boro, the lose to Fulham was a blow but still challenging and with cavenaghi, torres, guarin and the rest due back from injury soon, the future looks bright for boro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tony's Swindon (now Swansea) : After a harsh season seeing his Swindon side getting relegated he got sacked and took control immediatelly at Swansea. New sides need alot of work and scouting, hope u can pull it off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm I wasn't sacked, I left Swindon to take charge of Swansea after I applied for the job while being Swindon boss.

boro continue to entertain

Transfer arranged

outgoing

Patrick Schafer to Wehen 1.6m

Stephen Appiah to Norwich 5m

incoming

none

so another 6.6m lined upto come into the club

results

18/10/2011

middlesbrough 2 werder bremen 0 champions cup, reserves do the job

scorers vonlanthen 2

22/10/2011

middlesbrough 2 birmingham 1 league

scorers Nilmar 2

26/10/2011

macclesfield 0 middlesbrough 3 league cup good win for reserves against the macc lads

scorers heitinga schulz bierofka

29/10/2011

Liverpool 1 Middlesbrough 4 league have it

scorers Mitea Cavenaghi 2 Labarthe

02/11/2011

werder breman 3 middlesbrough 1 champions cup

scorers cavenaghi

red card schulz

05/11/2011

middlesbrough 5 bolton 0 league

scorers Cavenaghi 4 Nilmar

awards

none but boro have moved into first in the league, roll on torres finally

getting fit, cant wait to see him and cavenaghi together

Monday 25th July session

Still unbeaten in the league and looking very good i was hoping to keep the morale high in the Everton camp.

Not a bad session overall although but my dramatic league cup exit will always stay in my mind.

Here is how we got on in the monday session of this week.

Cardiff 2-2 Everton

Scorers: De Pinho, Neil Knight

Man of match: Steve Ward

Although we came away with a point it was a very tough game for us. With cardiff being 2nd i would of preferred a win but it didnt happen and a draw almost didnt happen.

Determined to give us our first loss of the season cardiff tried everything they could and come few minutes before the end of the game they probably thought they had it in the bag but an 89th minute goal from substitute Neil Knight got us the point.

Still we played much better and should of came out easy winners but after a penalty was saved by my keeper the cardiff players hit the rebound in the back of the net.

Everton 3-3 Newcastle (League Cup 2nd round)

Scorers: Tomas Pokorny, Neil Knight, Maciej Hyps

Man of match: Robin Van Persie

With young striker leon kelly set to make his debut in this game it would of probably been best if he hadnt of. 1-1 at half time so was time to take kelly off and bring on the real strikers.

Within minutes of them coming up we found ourselves 2-1 up in the driving seat but they equalised and took the game into extra time.

We then grabbed another goal only for them to equalise again and it went to penalties where we lost

Although the match stats shown that we fully outplayed them they were lucky that the little amount of shots they did have went in.

A poor day for our keeper and a sad day for me but knowing that we had never progressed past the 2nd round it didnt bother me that much.

Everton 2-0 Preston

Scorers: Neil Knight, De Pinho

Man of match: Some preston player dont know his name

After the loss in the league cup we needed to get back to business in the league and with a comfortable 2-0 win that was just what we needed to get us back on our feet.

Everton 3-1 Blackburn

Scorers: Robin Van Persie, Tim Cahill, Maciej Hyps

Man of match: Robin van Persie

A great win against a top side in the championship. This win showed that we meant business this season and wasnt giving any team a chance.

Still 1st after this game with only cardiff pretty close to us. Building a nice gap on 3rd but there was still a very long way to go.

Gillingham 0-1 Everton

Scorers: De Pinho

Man of match: Robin Van Persie

Again van persie awarded man of the match but he deserved it. A very good assist by van persie to set up the one and only goal which just gave us a win. With gillingham near the bottom i thought this was going to be an easy game but it wasnt as gillingham put up a very good fight but just couldnt get anything out of it in the end.

Sheff Weds 1-3 Everton

Scorers: Denis Horvat, Tim Cahill (2)

Man of match: Peter Enckleman

Enckleman seen his chance to come back in the first team line up after new keeper was injured and boy did he impress.

Coming on as a sub aint always easy but enckleman coped with it very well and put in a top quality performance.

Another win which signalled the end to mondays session. Sitting nicely at top of the league things were going as well as could be expected.

But with a tough few games ahead of us and still well over half a season left was we still going to be top come the end of the season??? well i would like to think so but will have to see.

Tuesday and wednesday reports to come over the next few days icon_smile.gif

Tuesday 26th July session

Still unbeaten at the top of the championship and again looking to increase our lead we were looking good. But how were we to cope with some very key players getting injured in this session? The answer was good enough as we just continued to stay unbeaten.

Everton 2-0 Walsall

Scorers: Maciej Hyps (2)

Man of match: Some Walsall bloke

A good start for us as we managed to keep yet another clean sheet. The game started very slow though and attempt after attempt was being missed by us.

It wasnt until the 80 minute mark which we stepped up a gear or hyps did and delivered the goods scoring 2 late goals one after the other to turn the game completely around.

We did deserve it though and as usual had most of the possesssion.

Millwall 1-1 Everton

Scorers: Leon Osman

Man of match: Millwall keeper forgot his name

One of these games this was where no matter how many attempts we had millwall were always going to equalise.

Outplayed and looking destroyed millwall were until the first of their shots came on the 86th minute and after an error by my keeper it went in and the game ended 1-1.

Luton 0-3 Everton

Scorers: Tim Cahill, Denis Horvat, De Pinho

Man of match: Robin van persie

Another game against relegation strugglers this time luton. A pretty easy game that we won comfortably with no real threat from them.

The gamble on deciding to play horvat upfront paid off as he scored a spectacular goal. It later then follwed with a goal from the master yes De Pinho.

Everton 2-0 Reading

Scorers: Tomas Pokorny, Brett Emerton

Man of the match: Tomas Pokorny

With de pinho out injured it was time for pokorny to play in this game. He set the pace for the game and reading just couldnt keep up with us.

Later got man of the match for his efforts. Brett Emerton also got off the mark for the season by scoring his first goal.

Not many games played in this session really due to the cup games and all the europe games so it gave us that little bit extra time to rest some vital players.

The season couldnt be going any better at this moment in time and could only get better i hoped.

Wednesday session to report on soon icon_smile.gif

Archived