Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down Down Down

Sitting two points off the relegation zone, alarm bells have started ringing at St Andrews. After having a bright start to the season, the club now looks destined for a close relegation dog fight. Such players as Hasan Sas, Shunsuke Nakamura and Claudio Lopez, were brought in to help the club push for a top ten finish. Instead they have found themselves engaged at the wrong end of the table.

Football Focus sent Garth Crooks along to St Andrews to catch up with Birmingham manager, Stephen Toner.

Garth Crooks Stevey, at the beginning of the season you seemed confident a top ten finish was achievable, what happened?

Stevey Well Garth thats a good question. A question to which i wish i had the answer. In all fairness we have let the fans, club and chairman down, we havn't been good.

Garth Crooks Is it a sign of your managerial skills? Or is it a failure on the players side?

Stevey To be fair Garth, i think its fine that people question my ability. After all, the buck has to stop somewhere. However, there comes a time when you expect certain players to step up and accept some responsibility.

Garth Crooks And which players do you mean?

Stevey *laughing* Garth, do you take me for a mug? Im not going to start bitching about my players for your TV show, you prat.

Garth Crooks But that is my job Stevey

Stevey Come off it Garth, your a footballing **** stirrer. Every week you go up and down the country warping peoples views on clubs.

Garth Crooks *nervous laugh* sure Stevey. Anyway, moving on. Looking towards the future are things looking up for Brummies?

Stevey In ways yes. We have just completed the new stand and now have a 36,000 capacity stadium. We also have plans in motion for a new training ground, which should help the club progress. We have to start looking towards the future with greater detail, or we will be sucked into the Championship and that would be disastrous.

Garth Crooks So you think relegation is on the cards?

Stevey I hope not, we have a team capible of more in my eyes. It thinks its fair to say that myslef and the team need to look at things again. Hate to use cliches but its time to go back to basics.

Garth Crooks Well Stevey, i hope you manage to turn things around. All the best for the future.

Stevey Yeah thanks Garth bud, take care.

BBC Football Focus

Plymouth riding high in league one as the season end comes closer

So after the tough start to the season with inconsistancy ruining our chances early on we picked up and started to play some proper quality football and move up the table.

As the season comes to an end with only 2 league games left we have claimed 2nd spot already after tranmere's draw against 20th placed york helped us as we won 2-0 and extended the gap to 9 points.

A great all round display by all my players for most of the season has got us promoted with junior and ebbers connecting well upfront, larrieu being as solid as a rock in goal keeping over 25 clean sheets so far and the defence playing part in that also.

Sven Di Domenico proved to be a good aquisition as he may of only scored 8 goals in total but most of those goals have been in very key games and the recent purchase of anton ferdinand will strengthen my defence even more for my bid to stay in the championship for next season.

We can all now sit back and relax with 2 games to go as we know we are up. The remaining games are against york and burnley which i hope to win so that we take our outstanding form into the championship next season but if we dont win i aint going to be annoyed as i have already set out what i wanted to achieve this season.

Anyway 2 sessions worth of results to report on here the good form that seen us get into 2nd spot here is how the games went.

So start of what is already a great week for me started off with a game against blackpool at home. It was very quite and not a lot happened. There was a big chance where we could of took the lead on the 28th minute when ebbers got awarded a penalty. But the pressure got to him and he hit the ball into the crowd and the score stayed at 0-0 going into half time.

A bit of controvisy in the 2nd half late on as in the 88th minute ebbers was sent off for nothing more than a little tap on one of there players. We seen the remaining couple of minutes out though and the scored stayed 0-0.

With ebbers suspended next it was up to the other strikers to try and get the win and the 3 points that were needed. With junior also injured and youngster laird suspended aswell it was time for a reshuffle.

We had to rely on someone else for this game and who better than di domenico to score 15 minutes into the game. With barnsley all over us it was upto larrieu to produce some wonder saves and indeed he did. He kept us in the game and got man of the match award after the full time whistle was blown.

Promotion chasers sheff weds next we had to face i thought we would crumble in this game but we stayed strong and found ourselves 1 up within 7 minutes with ebbers scoring game back after his recent suspension.

Going into half time 1-0 i was proud of my team aswell as us having most the possession. Junior added to the 1-0 lead in the 74 minutes to wrap up a decent win and an important one. A bit of misfourtune after this goal as laird came limping off but luckily his injury wasnt too bad.

Next came our first defeat in 13 league games and it was at the hands of huddersfield. I dont know what happened my players just seemed to switch off and found themselves struggling all through this game with huddersfield having shots left, right and centre.

Injuries galore in this game as 15 minutes in basim abbas came off. A few minutes later lasley then opened the scoring to take us 1 up. But soon we just got totally outplayed and we found ourselves 2-1 down at half time.

At half time i thought we had a very good chance of coming back as we done it a fair bit before. But 74 minutes came and they got awarded a penalty. Larrieu was unable to save it and we lost 3-1 to end our recent good spell.

The great striking partnership for this next game as ebbers and junior capatalysed on the mistakes made by oxfords defence and scored 1 each. We won this 2-0 and it could of been more but a win was expected against struggling oxford side at the time.

Last years playoff semi finalists next we had to face yes luton. We wiped aside them totally and didnt give them any chance to play any quality football against us. They were weak at the back as shown on the 12th minute when di demonico opened the scoring.

Junior then got a 2nd just after half time kickoff on 55 minutes then an unlikely candidate for scoring Craig pead scored the 3rd off a corner. Junior got man of the match and played well with dani upfront due to ebbers being out.

A good game next as it seen relegation hopefuls wycombe put up a good fight against us but at the end we just managed to squeeze another victory out of it. Being away it was always going to be hard and with junior unfit it was mooneys turn to try and shine.

He started off well scoring 2 minutes into the game. I felt more goals coming for us but they got an equaliser on 22 minutes out of nothing. Half time came and subs were made they proved useful again as we went 2-1 up on 57 minutes which turned out to be the winner. Gudjohnen got man of the match inspiring the whole side in midfield and getting the 2nd goal.

A game that i didnt fancy us to win next but was glad we managed to get a point out of as it was againt 7th place bournemouth. Lasley scored our goal and gudjhonsen got a 2nd man of the match award in a row. This draw meant that a playoff spot was looking almost certain at the time.

The end of the monday session now and we finished on a high beating stockport 2-0 at home. Due to most of my midfield being unfit it was time for lallana to produce some of his magic again and after only his 6th start he got off to a flyer scoring on the 2nd minute in the game. Half time came and then more suprisingly craig pead scored on the 71st minute very odd i thought but still was pleased.

Plymouth promoted from league one after a sucession of superb results

So there you have it after tonights incredible session we finally managed to overtake 2nd place and get a 9 point gap on them with 2 games to go to secure promotion back to the championship after 2 seasons out of it.

Here is how all the results went tonight..........

A hard game to start off with against mid table bradford city. A highly entertaining game also which looked like we were going to draw for quite a while.

All the high drama started on the 15th minute when they got awarded a penalty but larrieu saved it. Ebbers then just before half time scored 2 goals and took us into half time smiling. But nearing the end of the game 2 quick goals from them put themselves right back in it. But substitute Dani got a late winner scoring only like his 3rd in about 15 games pretty poor i know icon_smile.gif.

Fred's old side rotherham next who were also chasing for the playoff's. There hopes were dented in this game though as my team took total control and beat them 2-0 with the strike duo ebbers and junior each scoring a goal.

Probably one of the most important games yet.... or so i thought as we had to face top of the table preston away. We got beat but not easily we lost 2-1. Although lallana scored another goal and had another super start we couldnt beat them a pretty even game but the factor that they hadnt conceeded hardly any all season was probably the main reason why we lost.

Still i didnt let this loss effect the morale of my team and it obviously didnt as next game we managed a 1-0 win against brighton and with tranmere losing we were back on track in joint 2nd place being 3rd on goal difference.

Then a game next which i expected to lose but again we managed a 1-0 win and tranmere drew this time which allowed us to move up into 2nd being 2 points clear.

A very inspiring win next against torquay which could of been much more than what it was. We had so many chances and within 4 minutes we were 1 up with ebbers scoring. Few minutes later and we scored again this time keith lasley. 33 minutes and they scored a lucky goal this being their first shot on target.

Half time came and i prepared for the worse as i thought the lead was going to backfire. But it didnt and mooney added to our 2-1 lead to make it 3-1 a few minutes just after coming on as a sub. They then scored a 2nd lucky goal to make the game more interesting but ebbers and lasley again both struck to make the final score 5-2. Lasley got man of the match award for his 2 sensational goals.

The final game now which said bye bye to league one for next season and hello championship as we had to face top 10 side chesterfield. We finished beating them 2-0 away with domenico scoring both the goals and after tranmere drawing that guaranteed us auto promotion and i was very pleased

So thats it until the next report im off to chill and have a bevvy now as im extremely happy :D

Spurs Riding High

After the ectasy of winning the league cup i was slightly worried we would suffer from a League Cup hangover and let slip our good position in the league. We also had an FA Cup Semi against Si's Boro and the game after that a home game against the same team. I needn't have worried though as Spurs played one of the sessions of my reign, winning all 7 games that took place.

7 Games 7 Wins

A great session by anyone's standards - 2 wins over high flying Boro and moving into 5th position in the league, but level on points with 4th, 3rd and 2nd. And with games to come against Norwich (a) Blackburn (h) and Southampton (h) im confident we can will them all and rely on the other teams slipping up. 2nd would be an awesome achievement for us but i would still be happy with a top 5 finish this season.

There is also the little matter of an FA Cup final against Liverpool where we could do an unprecidented double cup win.

This next session is crucial and will decide whether we have had a good season or a great one.

So the 3rd season has come to an end in fmelc and probably was best season yet for some managaers and finally some silverware was won by a manager.

Full season review to come over the next few days aswell as my end of season report for my squad.

Website im looking to update on friday so hopefulyl get all season 3 data on website by then.

Have a good weekend and speak to you all next session monday (unless cancelled due to me working because bank holiday will keep everyone posted about that).

Roll on season 4 start next session icon_biggrin.gif

Please read all members Monday session will go ahead usual session times however Tuesday session will have to be cancelled as i have work and Wednesday session will go ahead normal session times.

A sunday session can be arranged if everyone can make it in place of tuesdays one because of it being cancelled please let me know if you can all make sunday usual times if a session is arranged thanks.

Have a good weekend all and remember to report icon_smile.gif

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

So another season finished for the Baggies, and finally after two seasons of devastation on the final days play, some success, promotion! After missing out on automatic promotion the previous season WBA secured promotion finishing in 2nd behind Sunderland. The baggies never looked as they would miss out on promotion this season, constantly hovering around the top 2 positions.

The baggies could have won the league if only their Assistant Manager had not taken charge of some games, resulting in mostly defeats and draws. But the blame can't only be layed on the assistant manager. However everyone associated with the Baggies won't care about not winning the league, they'll be happy that the Baggies are back where they belong, in the Premiership!

So looking to next season, its going to be tough to avoid the drop. WBA have lost Earnshaw to West Ham for free, Hoult to Cardiff for free, and Nasri to some chinese team for free. These departures have dented the WBA team, so the boss Connolly, has had to look for a few new faces to join the Hawthornes. A few signings have already been made, the key one being Tim Howard on a free. WBA have also been cleared of their debt from the previous two seasons following their promotion money.

Baggies fans will be praying that this season in the Premiership will not be the same as the last time they were here, going down on the last day of the season.

Everyone knows it will not be easy, but the supporters believe the team is better equipped now than it has ever been.

well a dissapointing season at boro, even if it shouldnt be.

3rd in the league, semi of fa cup (deserved loss to jimmy) and knockout stages of champions league should for a club like boro mean success. well not in my eyes,

the decision has been made to jettison some of my older players notably crespo, and mendieta as well as one or two younger fringe players. this slimmed down squad (well not that slimmed down when you look at the bosman signings i have made) should be even more focussed next season. hopefully i will not be away for critical dates next season (2 losses to arsenal and cl defeat whilst away cost us big)

financially boro are better than ever, but the board decision to expand the stadium (great in long term view) resulted in key signings getting cancelled again. this 4th season will bring with a little luck silverware back to teesside for the first time since mclaren and the league cup.

Glory Days Return to Spurs

Well what a season, buoyed by the recent league cup win the mighty Spurs ended the season with a flourish - our record i believe was in our last 16 games in all competitions we won 14 lost 1 and drew 1. The only loss coming against Chelsea away.

This meant we finished 3rd, 3pts behind Liverpool after we drew our last game. But it also meant that we got through to the final of the FA Cup.

2nd Cup Glory Awaits

After clinching 3rd place (and a Champions League place) to go along with the League Cup success i felt the season was already a success even without the FA Cup final to come. But it was a chance to make history and add another piece of silverware.

Without going into too much detail the game started badly and we went 1-0 down - at this point another crisis loomed as i had to leave the game. It was left to Tord Grip to try and steer us back from the brink.

That he did as we equalised to make it 1-1 at HT. Extra time was needed as fitness levels proved key as we ended up winning 3-1 AET to my surprise!!!

Cup Kings

An amazing season for me personally, the team gelled and completely vindicated my decision to sell Keane and Defoe at the start of the year as that gave us the financial muscle to purchase Robinho, Arteta and Ben Arfa - all of whom were vital in our Cup and League assuaults.

Chelsea were runaway title winners but without 1 or 2 silly results we would have got 2nd place this year. The squad is young and i hope next year we can close the gap on Chelsea some more.

Roll on 2007/2008 Season as Spurs are a force to be reckoned with.

End of Season Report

Si - Boro had tough season with CL as well as domestic competitions. Si missed a few crucial games that cost him some points. Unfortunate to come up against an in-form Spurs team in Semi's of cup and at vital stage of league campaign.

Stevey - Somehow escaped drop again! After playing Stevey early on in league i expected him to do a lot better - loads of improvement expected this year to fulfill potential. But will that mean a change of clubs??

Razor - Awful start to Premiership life, a late rally almost saved him but had a harsh final run-in that cost him his place in the EPL. Built a strong squad after Jan transfer window and with a load of free's arriving in the summer he should have a very strong EC team.

Aida - Like a bouncing ball he comes back for more. Back in the prem after getting promotion. Expect him to stay up this year as he looks to build a good prem team

Mike - I have to be honest here and have no idea how Mike did icon_redface.gif I think his Wigan team were in playoffs? How did they get on?

Saeed - Avoided the drop after a dreadful start in EC - turned things around and ended up with some great form.

Fred - Joined NAMBLA towards the end of the season and so his Man City side suffered. EC obscurity but hoping Fred will leave seductions of NAMBLA and spend more time in game.

Ant - Like a strange rash ant is here one minute gone the next. Pompey at times were flying only to come crashing down to earth a few times. Mid table showed how up and down this year was.

Lee - Finally repaid some of the faith of the Plymouth board and got promoted. Quietly built a good team for League 1 and will be hoping to add some more quality to stay in the EC.

Me - Well what can you say, 3rd in League, League Cup champions, FA Cup winners. Glory days are back. Even offered Man Utd Job after Fergie sacked. Did i want it? No chance - This is only the start for Spurs. Hold on boys cos this ride is about to get good!

Six Pints & Eight Whiskey Chasers please

Will the rott ever stop? Again we found ourselves fighting for survival on the last day of the season. And once again we came out smelling like roses.

Going into the last two games of the season we had Si's Middlesbrough at home and Norwich away. The visit of Middlesbrough was as welome as a punch from Mike Tyson and Norwich have become the itch on my back. They constantly avoid relegation, therefore always pose a threat to me. So, Si's Boro turned up and the game got under way. We got off to a great start and really pushed Boro until we took the lead. Couldn't belive it, was i about to beat the mighty Si Corp and be safe? No, Boro instantly hit back and levelled things up. We continued to press but were not going to get that win we needed, a draw was the outome.

So, we had to go to Carrow road and hope Crstal Palace would slip up. We took the game to Norwich and missed a hat full of chances. I was starting to think it was going to be one of those days but then my thoughts were smashed as we took the lead. I could here our barmy army fans singing "were gonna win the cup, were gonna win the cup" which i thought was a bit odd but none the less the pure extacy of the moment had taken over us all. I was doing the Indian war dance for "Lets have it" only for Noriwch to sucker punch me and score on the counter, this seemed to open the door from them. Constant pressure and a bombardment on my goal from Norwich made me drop to my knees and pray.

"Please Lord, don't let me drop a division and play againts Premiership wannabe's. Please Lord, please, dam you!!

The minutes just seemed to go on for ever. I got the commentry messages no FM manager wnats to see, "Birmingham are under heavy pressure" and "Can Birmingham weather the Storm?". The answer was yes. We had laughed in the face of danger and jabbed it in the eye. Another season of high blood pressure and heart attacks was over. We were safe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shagwell:

I thought you were fifth Si icon_wink.gif

1) Chelsea

2) Liverpool

3) TOTTENHAM

4) Man Utd

5) Boro

didnt see final table, as was already well into july when i got back, just went on what was told, not to worry, it was a poor season for boro, more so if it was fifth icon_frown.gif

top 3 were definately that, i might be wrong about 4th/5th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shagwell:

Ant - Like a strange rash ant is here one minute gone the next. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

quite apt considering how often ant has been off school with a strange rash

Fred - Joined NAMBLA towards the end of the season and so his Man City side suffered. EC obscurity but hoping Fred will leave seductions of NAMBLA and spend more time in game.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Fred, your a sick puppy my friend

Fred's Trip To Nambla explained

Well, All these rumours flying around i had to put a stop to them icon_smile.gif. I never joined Nambla, but i must confess to going there. This was only on the advice of James Cale. I thought well, hes spurs manager and seems to have turned them into a half decent side, how wrong can one man be? Very is the answer icon_smile.gif. I had no idea what NAMBLA was. I am not as clued up on gay asscioacions as Jimmy and Stevey are icon_smile.gif. (maybes theirs something going on their) icon_eek.gif. But it all makes sense now. Jimmy was begging me to go their after i went their the only time i went, saying 'Fred, did you enjoy it as much as i? I took spurs their for their pre-season trip and we all loved it!!!' icon_eek.gif

As you can understand i was truly sickened, I left within minutes of arriving there. The lesson here is to never trust a Welshman me thinks. Was it my own belief in human kind that let me down here? Who knows??? icon_confused.gif

Report to follow >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just to let everyone know on monday we have a new member joining us called tony hall and he is taking charge of newcastle please welcome him to the clan icon_smile.gif.

Website hopefully updated over next few days with latest stats and things on so keep checking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razor123:

just to let you know i can't make Sunday, so i hope you don't play cos it is the start of the season and i would like to be there . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2-1 Razor 2-1 icon_biggrin.gif. The royals are back in 6th, I think I am actually glad you have Pardew as managericon_biggrin.gif.

you have not played yet this weekend and you have wolves who are something like 16 or so games unbeaten, then you have wigan away.

So lets wait and see eh.

As for tonights game well we turned up for the 1st half (thought we played some good stuff).

2nd half...did we come out for it, cos it seemed like a different team, Pardew's HT teamtalk's work wonders.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razor123:

just to let you know i can't make Sunday, so i hope you don't play cos it is the start of the season and i would like to be there . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not this coming sunday the one after icon_smile.gif

Season 3 review

A 3rd season finished in the clan and yet another good one it was. With some over performing and as usual some managers under performing.

A few sackings to mention where fred got fired from his rotherham side after doing a poor job with them in league one and leaving them in mid table early on in the season.

Unfourtunate saeed also got sacked from his man city side despite being in 5th at the time it just wasnt good enough and man city's harsh board gave him the boot.

Things then went much better for saeed at his new club millwall managing to take them from off the bottom of the championship upto a mid table place. Based on the form saeed's millwall shown since he took charge last season he should do pretty well and should get a top 10 finish just has to watch his finances.

Fred got lucky taking saeeds old club Man city and with the quality players at the club I expected more and fred to possibly go up. His side got knocked out in the playoff's though. This season will hopefully be a good one for fred and he should achieve promotion if all goes well.

Jimmy had a fantastic season no doubt his best yet with tottenham winning both the fa cup and league cup and managing to finish high in the premiership just wasnt able to do the treble. Maybe next season. This coming season jimmy's tottenham will play more or less the same quality of football and should be in the top 3 or there abouts.

Simons middlesbrough side managed to finish pretty high and qualify for the euro cup. Probably a little disappointed he didnt secure a champions league spot but this coming season hopefully will do.

Stevey yet again managed to keep his birmingham side in the premiership for another season. But with the board not being able to give him any money to spend i'd be suprised if he can stay up this coming season. But then again it is stevey and he's done it plenty times before.

Ants portsmouth finished in a mid table position but he left his assistant in charge for a lot of the games. Could be a better season for ant this season if he's in charge but if his assistant then will do well just to avoid the drop.

Razors west ham had it harsh this season. Being newly promoted the confidence was high at upton park but that soon changed as last few games of the season came and he had some very hard last few games. Unable to salvage enough points out of them he got relegated from the premiership.

Razors west ham shouldnt find life in championship much different from when he got promoted so should get promoted again if his team aint struck by injuries.

Aidas west brom finally make a return to the premiership after a sucession of good results gave his side the 2nd place spot narrowly behind 1st. I think aida's team have a good chance of doing well in the premiership this time round as he has a lot of quality which has been shown in the past few seasons since he went down.

Mike wigan just missed out on going up from championship losing in the playoff's. A very strong contender to win the championship this coming season and too be honest i dont want to face him icon_smile.gif.

Then finally my plymouth side. Had a rocky start to what ended a great season. Found ourselves just out of relegation early on but then loads of wins after each other moved us into the playoff spots and come the last 10 games we claimed 2nd place and promoted to the championship.

Im hoping for a mid table finish this season and with the players i got i think it can be achieved. Now that i got a much stronger team in all areas i dont think relegation is even a possibility.

So another season and the expectations are high for some. Will i still be in a job come the end of this season? Will stevey stay up again? or will jimmy add more trophies to his name?

You will have to find out as another exciting season in fmelc is about to start so good luck to all managers icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Not this coming sunday the one after icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should be ok for that one ....sorry about that i must have miss read

Season 2006-07

So after all the excitement of the playoffs behind us it was down to the serious stuff off trying to bring in the right sort of players that would keep us in the premiership. It was alaways going to be a hard job of trying to keep a huge in debt and a 230k a month bank loan till 2033.

With a transfer budget of only 475K in the prem i was never going to bring in what i call STAR players but i might bring in some sort of quality, and the only decent striker i could find was Darren Bent for 1.6M and Olisadebe, all the rest of my transfers were free.

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2006 | Bent, Darren | Ipswich | £1.6M |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2006 | Lewis, Eddie | Preston | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Felgenhauer, Daniel | Gladbach | Free |

| 2.7.2006 | Niedzielan, Andrzej | NEC | Free |

| 1.8.2006 | Raimondi, Cristian | Palermo | Free |

| 30.12.2006 | Cubillo | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.1.2007 | Nielsen, Per | Brøndby | Free |

| 1.1.2007 | Riseth, Vidar | Rosenborg | Free |

| 1.1.2007 | Thatcher, Ben | Man City | Free |

| 1.1.2007 | Gasbarroni, Andrea | Middlesbrough | Free |

| 1.1.2007 | Almeyda, Matías Jesús | Universidad de Chile | Free |

| 24.1.2007 | Al-Shalhoob, Mohammed | Al Hilal (KSA) | Free |

| 27.1.2007 | Olisadebe, Emmanuel | Middlesbrough | £1.7M

To be able to afford those two big signings i had to off load some players and here it what i did.

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 6.6.2006 | Cooke, Brian | Free Transfer | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 30.6.2006 | Ashton, Michael | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Repka, Tomas | Messina | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Stone, Steve | Wolves | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Harewood, Marlon | Rotherham | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Lazaridis, Stan | Watford | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Saunders, Craig | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Blewitt, Darren | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Ephraim, Hogan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Ashikodi, Moses | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2006 | Holland, Gary | Free Transfer | Free |

| 4.11.2006 | Fletcher, Carl | Man City | £500K |

1.1.2007 | Zamora, Bobby | Bolton | £500K

And so to the games

spurs away lost 3-0

chelsea home lost 2-0

fulham away lost 2-0

villa home drew 2-2 Scowcroft, leon Andreason

Birmingham away draw 0-0

Place home lost 2-0

charlton away WON 2-1 reo-coker, tomaz

everton home WON 3-1 Bent, Morientes, christie

liverpool away lost 2-0

bolton home drew 0-0

newcastle away lost 2-1 reo-coker

boro home lost 3-1 morientes

Portsmouth away lost 3-1 Niedzielan

norwich home lost 1-0

southampton away drew 1-1 christie

blackburn home drew 1-1 edman og

man utd away lost 5-0

leicester home lost 1-0

arsenal home lost 2-0

spurs home lost 6-1 bent

chelsea away drew 1-1 bent we were 6 mins from victory here.

fulham home won 2-0 christie and williams

villa away won 2-1 christie (2)

birmingham home won 2-0 christie (2)

palace away drew 1-1 christie

charlton home 0-0

liverpool home drew 1-1 Olisadebe

bolton away 0-0

everton away lost 4-3 r.wright og,olisadebe,riorden

newcastle home lost 1-0

boro away lost 1-0

portsmouth home drew 1-1 andreason

norwich away lost 4-1 ben thatcher

saints home won 1-0 sedgwick

b'burn away drew 2-2 riorden and sedgwick

leicester away lost 4-0

arsenal away lost 1-0

So as you can gather from these results i got relegated, my strikers could not hit a barn door with a banjo. The team just did not perform over the whole season, we never had the quality to stay up really.

At least the clubs finances are in fairly good shape going into the EC for next season.The wage bill is under control.The board are happy with me but the fans expect promotion next year.

So let's see what happens................

Season 2007-08

So with a brief spell in the EPL we find ourselves back in the EC.

Being able to keep the same team that went down plus a few GOOD summer signings on the way it looks like it might be a good year for the hammers.

Here are the new signings that will get the hammers back up to the promise land.

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2007 | Thurre, Léonard | Sion | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2007 | Davenport, Calum | Tottenham | Free |

| 1.7.2007 | Earnshaw, Robert | West Brom | Free |

| 1.7.2007 | Krzynowek, Jacek | Leverkusen | Free |

| 1.7.2007 | Young, Luke | Charlton | Free |

| 1.7.2007 | Mokoena, Aaron | Blackburn | Free |

| 1.7.2007 | Figueroa, Carlos Fernado | Leiria | £650K |

| 11.7.2007 | Lepiller, Matthias | Middlesbrough | £500K

As you can see there are some desent free transfers in there, Davenport and Mokoena should form a good defensive pairing, as should Earnshaw and Olisadebe upfront.

In midfield we have Figueroa, Krzynowek Gasbarroni and Mazurklewicz. Oh lets not forget the full backs of Ben thatcher and luke Young.

So i think you will agree with me that we have experience all over the park, lets hope it all pays off and we get promoted

The only players to leave upton park are as follows:

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| 1.7.2007 | McClenahan, Trent | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2007 | Ward, Elliott | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2007 | Gallagher, Michael | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2007 | Hammond, Wayne | Free Transfer | Free

So fingers crossed and we should see you big boys next year.

So 3rd season has ended and its time to report on my whole squad saying how well they done after achieving promotion from league one icon_smile.gif.

Romain Larrieu - Kept in total 27 clean sheets over the season played a vital part in my winning side and if it wasnt for some of his brilliant saves i would of lost many more games. I hope he can do the same this season in a higher league we will just have to see.

Paul Connolly - A great defender who put in a fair few very good perfomances. Got in team of the week a lot and managed to prevent the opposition from getting past him. Still in the squad for this season of course and with anton ferdinand by his side he should do very well.

Basim Abbas - The only iraqi playing in england and what a defender he is. Got man of the match loads and even player of the month is a very strong defender not many teams find him easy to get past. This season i expect good things from abbas and he should get a lot better.

Mathias Doumbe - I wasnt originally going to let doumbe have a first team spot but he suprised me and played very well. This season he will be rotated a long with anton ferdinand.

Paul Wotton - Scored some vital freekicks but missed a fair few penalties. Wotton was probably one of my worst players and was at fault in quite a few games however he did have some very good performances.

Scott Laird - Very young defender who i decided to give a few games. Im glad i did as he played some very good games and managed to score a couple of goals in his little games that he did play. This season will be much of the same.

Keith Lasley - One of the main players in the side. Worked as the feeder to the forward men and scored quite a few goals himself. A very strong midfielder and should keep his place this coming season.

Bjarni Gudjohnsen - Had a great season and scored many. Got man of the match a lot and set up a fair few goals. Will be on a rotation basis this season coming.

Sven Di Domenico - Now we come to my luxeombourg (if thats how you spell it) player. A very decent played and finished in double figures on goal. Should cope with championship quality football no problem.

Adam Lallana - Only played very little games but got player of the month 3 times in a row. By stats doesnt look a very decent player but on the pitch he plays some stunning football. This season will be on rotation just as most players will.

Marius Ebbers - Unhappy for the whole season but still that didnt stop him from finishing top goal scorer in the divison. A great player and deserves much better football than league one. Well now he's got it and lets see how he does this season i think he should do well still.

Junior - Worked very well with ebbers last season and only scored a couple less than him. With these 2 upfront nothing can stop them but usually one of them is injured. If none get injured this season then should do well.

There were more players just i cant remember them too be honest. So far this season i have brought in about 4 new strikers so that we dont have a striker crises like the past 2 seasons.

Biggest players brought in so far this season is luke steele from man utd and Kieren McKenna from jimmy's tottenham side. These should strengthen the side and hopefully we will avoid the drop will just have to see so until monday thats it from me reporting. Final league tables to be posted soon icon_smile.gif

Heres the final tables for season 3

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Premiership

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Chelsea | | 38 | 25 | 9 | 4 | 67 | 26 | +41 | 84 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Liverpool | | 38 | 21 | 13 | 4 | 57 | 24 | +33 | 76 |

| 3rd | Jimmy | Tottenham | | 38 | 21 | 10 | 7 | 71 | 37 | +34 | 73 |

| 4th | | Man Utd | | 38 | 22 | 6 | 10 | 78 | 34 | +44 | 72 |

| 5th | | Arsenal | | 38 | 20 | 12 | 6 | 68 | 34 | +34 | 72 |

| 6th |Murphy | Middlesbrough | | 38 | 21 | 8 | 9 | 66 | 35 | +31 | 71 |

| 7th | | Newcastle | | 38 | 17 | 8 | 13 | 46 | 37 | +9 | 59 |

| 8th | | Blackburn | | 38 | 15 | 11 | 12 | 41 | 42 | -1 | 56 |

| 9th | | Southampton | | 38 | 15 | 9 | 14 | 40 | 44 | -4 | 54 |

| 10th | | Leicester | | 38 | 14 | 11 | 13 | 46 | 47 | -1 | 53 |

| 11th |Ant | Portsmouth | | 38 | 14 | 10 | 14 | 49 | 44 | +5 | 52 |

| 12th | | Charlton | | 38 | 14 | 8 | 16 | 46 | 49 | -3 | 50 |

| 13th | | Fulham | | 38 | 11 | 10 | 17 | 38 | 54 | -16 | 43 |

| 14th | | Everton | | 38 | 11 | 7 | 20 | 40 | 70 | -30 | 40 |

| 15th | | Norwich | | 38 | 8 | 10 | 20 | 35 | 57 | -22 | 34 |

| 16th | | Bolton | | 38 | 7 | 12 | 19 | 41 | 64 | -23 | 33 |

| 17th |Stevey | Birmingham | | 38 | 8 | 8 | 22 | 37 | 68 | -31 | 32 |

| 18th | R | Crystal Palace | | 38 | 7 | 9 | 22 | 33 | 63 | -30 | 30 |

| 19th | R | Aston Villa | | 38 | 6 | 12 | 20 | 30 | 63 | -33 | 30 |

| 20th |Razor | West Ham | | 38 | 6 | 11 | 21 | 31 | 68 | -37 | 29 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

Championship

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Sunderland | | 46 | 29 | 13 | 4 | 85 | 28 | +57 | 100 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd |Aida | West Brom | | 46 | 29 | 10 | 7 | 90 | 32 | +58 | 97 |

| 3rd |Mike | Wigan | | 46 | 28 | 10 | 8 | 75 | 31 | +44 | 94 |

| 4th | Pl | Coventry | | 46 | 25 | 11 | 10 | 69 | 38 | +31 | 86 |

| 5th |Fred | Man City | | 46 | 23 | 14 | 9 | 57 | 30 | +27 | 83 |

| 6th | Pl | Leeds | | 46 | 23 | 11 | 12 | 63 | 41 | +22 | 80 |

| 7th | | Hull | | 46 | 19 | 17 | 10 | 60 | 44 | +16 | 74 |

| 8th | | Nottm Forest | | 46 | 17 | 16 | 13 | 52 | 42 | +10 | 67 |

| 9th | | Q.P.R. | | 46 | 16 | 16 | 14 | 40 | 48 | -8 | 64 |

| 10th | | Cardiff | | 46 | 17 | 12 | 17 | 59 | 56 | +3 | 63 |

| 11th |Saeed | Millwall | | 46 | 17 | 11 | 18 | 49 | 54 | -5 | 62 |

| 12th | | Ipswich | | 46 | 16 | 11 | 19 | 51 | 61 | -10 | 59 |

| 13th | | Bristol C | | 46 | 16 | 9 | 21 | 47 | 65 | -18 | 57 |

| 14th | | Wolves | | 46 | 12 | 19 | 15 | 52 | 50 | +2 | 55 |

| 15th | | Sheff Utd | | 46 | 13 | 16 | 17 | 50 | 59 | -9 | 55 |

| 16th | | Reading | | 46 | 12 | 18 | 16 | 43 | 51 | -8 | 54 |

| 17th | | Watford | | 46 | 14 | 12 | 20 | 63 | 77 | -14 | 54 |

| 18th | | Swindon | | 46 | 12 | 12 | 22 | 43 | 60 | -17 | 48 |

| 19th | | Stoke | | 46 | 10 | 17 | 19 | 41 | 54 | -13 | 47 |

| 20th | | Derby | | 46 | 11 | 11 | 24 | 47 | 79 | -32 | 44 |

| 21st | | Crewe | | 46 | 11 | 11 | 24 | 50 | 86 | -36 | 44 |

| 22nd | R | Walsall | | 46 | 9 | 12 | 25 | 43 | 68 | -25 | 39 |

| 23rd | R | Doncaster | | 46 | 9 | 11 | 26 | 38 | 83 | -45 | 38 |

| 24th | R | Gillingham | | 46 | 9 | 10 | 27 | 51 | 81 | -30 | 37 |

</pre>

League One

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Preston | | 46 | 32 | 10 | 4 | 76 | 21 | +55 | 106 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd |Lee | Plymouth | | 46 | 27 | 12 | 7 | 72 | 38 | +34 | 93 |

| 3rd | Pl | Tranmere | | 46 | 23 | 14 | 9 | 73 | 41 | +32 | 83 |

| 4th | Pl | Oldham | | 46 | 23 | 11 | 12 | 65 | 40 | +25 | 80 |

| 5th | Pl | Sheff Wed | | 46 | 21 | 13 | 12 | 72 | 51 | +21 | 76 |

| 6th | Pl | Bournemouth | | 46 | 20 | 12 | 14 | 65 | 50 | +15 | 72 |

| 7th | | Chesterfield | | 46 | 19 | 10 | 17 | 56 | 60 | -4 | 67 |

| 8th | | Burnley | | 46 | 18 | 12 | 16 | 63 | 53 | +10 | 66 |

| 9th | | Brentford | | 46 | 18 | 11 | 17 | 63 | 56 | +7 | 65 |

| 10th | | Rotherham | | 46 | 18 | 11 | 17 | 70 | 69 | +1 | 65 |

| 11th | | Bradford City | | 46 | 15 | 18 | 13 | 58 | 57 | +1 | 63 |

| 12th | | Luton | | 46 | 17 | 11 | 18 | 66 | 72 | -6 | 62 |

| 13th | | Barnsley | | 46 | 15 | 16 | 15 | 52 | 47 | +5 | 61 |

| 14th | | Brighton | | 46 | 14 | 19 | 13 | 59 | 56 | +3 | 61 |

| 15th | | Colchester | | 46 | 16 | 12 | 18 | 58 | 56 | +2 | 60 |

| 16th | | Blackpool | | 46 | 14 | 15 | 17 | 65 | 68 | -3 | 57 |

| 17th | | Torquay | | 46 | 15 | 11 | 20 | 60 | 69 | -9 | 56 |

| 18th | | Oxford | | 46 | 14 | 14 | 18 | 50 | 60 | -10 | 56 |

| 19th | | Huddersfield | | 46 | 13 | 10 | 23 | 54 | 73 | -19 | 49 |

| 20th | | York | | 46 | 10 | 16 | 20 | 42 | 67 | -25 | 46 |

| 21st | R | Swansea | | 46 | 11 | 11 | 24 | 56 | 82 | -26 | 44 |

| 22nd | R | Stockport | | 46 | 8 | 16 | 22 | 50 | 74 | -24 | 40 |

| 23rd | R | Hartlepool | | 46 | 8 | 16 | 22 | 25 | 57 | -32 | 40 |

| 24th | R | Wycombe | | 46 | 7 | 11 | 28 | 39 | 92 | -53 | 32 |

</pre>

So another season over roll on season 4 good luck to all managers icon_smile.gif

Hello to all, let me introduce myself

My name is Tony Hall and I am 25 years old. I have just joined the clan where I intend to manage Colchester and bring them out of League One and into the Championship.

This is my second clan, the other clan I am with is called Road to Glory where I am manager of Arsenal. There second season ended last week where Arsenal and I was crowned Premiership Champions for a second season running. The second season was a close fight between me and Chelsea and I only won it on virtual of Goal Difference. Chelsea would have had to score a 19-0 win in their last match to overturn my superior goal difference. I've chosen Colchester for this clan as I would like a challenge.

I hope I can give you all a run for your money.

bookies insult magnificent Boro

33-1 odds have sent punters rushing to place a bet on boro for the title. after a dissapointing season last year, boro have overhauled their squad, allowing several players to leave:

crespo man city

mendieta osasuna

serhat feyenoord

obrien sunderland ( one of select few to be at all 3 north east giants)

riordan wba

whilst quality players joined the club:

mabizela from wba (bosman)

braaten from pompey (bosman)

cavenaghi from chelsea (7m + youth player)

adu (bosman)

mahdevikia (bosman)

taylor from newcastle (bosman)

also a slovenian goalkeeper joined to reinforce that position

together with only being in uefa rather than champions league, boro must surely be a better bet than nearest rivals tottenham to be a challenge (especially as i reckon jimmy is going to play 1st 11 players in champions league).

33-1 surely the best each way odds available, have a go you know i'm right icon_biggrin.gif

so season 4 is underway, and a solid start has been made by boro.

10 points from opening 4 games mean a comfortable 2nd place at the minute (although it is worrying that chelsea, manure and arsenal all due to play boro during wednesday session when i wont be their (bloody wife))

2 consecutive 4-1 wins have helped kickstart the boro forwards, although innjuries to heitinga, carignano and parnaby are threatening to cause some disruption.

the boro squad is strongest it has been, all that i am looking for now is to strenghten the backroom staff, after several left during the close season. if however a wordclass player comes available, the 19m transfer kitty will be used

Okay heres my first report.

When I joined Colchester I had a 75K Transfer Budget to play with. My Current first team squad consists of :~

GK Neil Alexander

GK Dean Gerken

D R Gary Osbourne

D L Danny Irving - Transfer Listed

D L Sam Stockley

D C Pat Baldwin

D C Matthew Connolly

D C Chris Hope

D/DM L Joe Keith

D/DM C Ben Bowditch

M R Kevin Wills

M C Kem Izzet

AM R Karl Duguid

AM RL Thomas Butler

AM/F LC Lee Bailey

AM/F C Kandja Loic Lumbilla

F LC Craig Fagan

S C Liam Coleman

S C Gareth Williams

Heres the latest Colchester Transfer News :~

Players In : 4

Player Pos From Fee

Brian Howard AM L Swindon 12K

Matt Lawrence D RC Millwall Free

Njazi Kuqi S C Millwall Free

Mark Beattie M C - Free

Players Out: 0

As for teh results it was a fairly average night. Here are the results for my first session.

L1 Colchester 3 - 0 York

Karl Duguid (13)

Thomas Butler (38)

Craig Fagan (82)

L1 Barnsley 4 - 2 Colchester

Greg Halford (12, 52, 63) Craig Fagan (15, 24)

Nathan Jarman (81)

L1 Colchester 1 - 1 Oxford

Joe Keith Injured (12) Neil Danns (54)

Craig Fagan (24)

L1 Torquay 1 - 1 Colchester

Keith Andrews (16) Craig Fagan (45)

LC Chesterfield 1 - 2 Colchester

Claus Torgensen (Pen 17) Garath Williams (63)

Thomas Butler (83)

L1 Colchester 3 - 1 Burnley

Thomas Butler (55) Micah Hyde (9)

Njazi Kuqi (89)

Craig Fagan (90)

League position at end of session: 8th

That was a good first session, hopefuily Colchester will improve alittle more.

Just to let all know im not sure about a sunday session yet as something has come up however an extra session will be arranged sometime to make up for this tuesdays not happening. See you all in session tonight anyway icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

although it is worrying that chelsea, manure and arsenal all due to play boro during wednesday session when i wont be their

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

balls i hate to be proved correct,

left wednesday with boro in 2nd 4 iws 1 draw in first 5 games, return to find assistant had played 6, won 1 drew 1 and lost 4 ( three of them n league) AND ONE OF THE LOSSES AGAINST JIMMY now i dont mind losing to jimmy as he is without doubt the most accomplished player in the clan along with myself but for him to lose to jimmy when jimmy is playing badly, i tell you phil thompson will be looking for a new job when his contract runs out icon_mad.gif

anyway, i made it back for the last game of the session, and surprise surprise boro reserves got valuable away point to alkmaar in uefa cup

now i am am a bit drunk whilst writing this, and annoyed as gone from 2 points from 1st to 14 ( unbeaten to mid table) with regular wednesdays away on the cards, i will have to beat the wife until she agrees to change to thursday nights for 'our time' grrrrrrrrrrr

Ok heres my second report for Wednesday's Session.

Players In: 3

Stephen Bates D/F RC 16K Fulham

Mark Hughes D R 5K Everton

Gavin Williams AM RLC 20K West Ham

Players Added to Transfer List: 2

Kevin Wills M R Asking Price 40K

Lee Bailey AM/F LC Asking Price 18K

Results

L1 Tranmere 3-3 Colchester

Simon Haworth (21) Gary Jones OG (3)

Michael Proctor (31, 48) Njazi Kuqi (38)

Gareth Williams (81)

L1 Colchester 0-0 Port Vale

LC Colchester 2-0 Port Vale

Joe Keith (44)

Gareth Williams (89)

L1 Wrexham 0-1 Colchester

Craig Fagan Sent Off (32)

Thomas Butler (60)

LDV Colchester 2-3 Aldershot

Njazi Kuqi (32, 57) Roscoe D'Sane (15, Pen 99)

Tim Sills (80)

AET

L1 Colchester 0-0 Huddersfield

Mark Beattie Sent Off (85)

L1 Colchester 1-1 Oldham

Craig Fagan (34) Ednilson (Pen 2)

Stephen Bates Injured (29)

Thomas Butler Injured (48)

L1 Grimsby 1-1 Colchester

Ishmael Miller (32) Liam Coleman (59)

Ishmael Miller Sent Off (52)

Keys: L1=League One

LC=League Cup

LDV=LDV Vans Trophy

FAC=FA Cup

L1PO=League One Play-Off

League Position at end of session: 9th

Another average night, bit disappointed at getting knocked out of the LDV Trophy by Conference League side Aldershot but we're through to the next round of the League Cup. Brought in a few players and in teh next session I shall be wielding the axe over a few of the non-performers in Colchester.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

AND ONE OF THE LOSSES AGAINST JIMMY now i dont mind losing to jimmy as he is without doubt the most accomplished player in the clan along with myself but for him to lose to jimmy when jimmy is playing badly, i tell you phil thompson will be looking for a new job when his contract runs out icon_mad.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Well done Tord Grip i say - battle of the assistants and old Tord comes out on top. Although when you say "when jimmy is playing badly" i am a little worried how other results went icon_confused.gif

AND ONE OF THE LOSSES AGAINST JIMMY now i dont mind losing to jimmy as he is without doubt the most accomplished player in the clan along with myself but for him to lose to jimmy when jimmy is playing badly, i tell you phil thompson will be looking for a new job when his contract runs out icon_mad.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Well done Tord Grip i say - battle of the assistants and old Tord comes out on top. Although when you say "when jimmy is playing badly" i am a little worried how other results went icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in the brief time i was alert when i got back, i was fairly sure spurs were still below boro, not 100% certain as was well drunk, if its true then tord did poorly for you as thommo did for me, title challenge unlikely from either of us unless we kick the turd out of arsenal

belated predictions for 4th season

lee Plymouth

unbelieveable i know, but lee is still at the same club as he was when clan started, even more shocking he is back in the same league he started in, yes i know hard to believe but lee got promoted icon_eek.gif

now back in the championship lee will be hoping to achieve mid table safety. well i am sorry lee it isnt going to happen, not with the aging ebbers still beinig your star striker, and certainly not if you continue to insist on playing midfielders out of position. relegation favourite in my eyes (harsh but fair unless you bring in some quality quickly) solid defence but an attack so weak that it will hold you back

Mike Wigan

i am not sure which league mike is in, if he is still in the championship then another promotion challenge is on the cards, however with powerful teams in man city and west ham being in the league, i feel wigans best chance of promotion will be via the play offs. now if wigna went up in the play offs last season, it will be a long hard struggle to stay up (even with pompey taking one of the places)

Saeed Millwall

saeed is improving, after 2 seasons of disaster he was harshly sacked by man city, now at millwall i expect a play off challenge probably not strong enough for promotion but a challenge for 6th is on the cards

Stevey Birmingham

stevey badly underperformed last year, another last day relegation escape, but he has a team which should be pushing for a top 10 finish. the pressure is on stevey this year and it is rumoured that the blues chairmen mr gold is looking at other managers. also i think it could be a good time for stevey to quit the blues, after all you can only stand the brummie accents for so long icon_biggrin.gif

Jimmy Tottenham

excellant season last time, will be nigh on impossible to repeat this time, jimmy should qualify for the group stages of the cl, success will be getting into the knockout stages although this will rule out any chance of winning anything domestically. jimmy should secure a uefa place this year, but i feel another crack at the cl will be beyond even his ability ( not that there is that much of that)

Ant Portsmouth

ant overachieved last season, this year however he is going to be struggling, the main factors behind his success last season was cavenaghi (on loan) and braaten however they have had enough of life on the south coast and prefer life in the smog of teesside. without those 2 players ant is gonna be hard pushed to score a goal and unfortunately losing the players for free means he doesnt have money to spend on newer players. sorry ant relegation for you

Aida WBA

finally aida has an end of season to enjoy, promotion to the premiership should see wba succeed in their battle for survival.

the loss of their first choice right back on a bosman has been compensated by the arrival of the excellant riordan in attack, his goals should ensure premiership survival.

Razor West Ham

relegated last season, razor has to be amongst the favourites for promotion this time round. a decent squad which underperformed last season, there is more than enough class to dominate the championship. promotion favourites

tony colchester

now tony has just joined and in choosing colchester he is currently the lowest ranked manager. hopefully he will guide them into the championship (if lee can go up anyone can), good use of loan players will decide his season

fred man city

fred has taken the poisoned challice of man city and he has spent big (for a team outside the top flight)the signing of crespo (who admittedly is a little past it for a top drawer team) should ensure that this already powerfull squad should be right up there at the end of the season.

anything else and fred should be sacked

me boro

ok we are currently 9 games in and after a great start boro have blown it whilst i was away. however there are still plenty of things to aim for. the squad is good enough for title challenges for years to come, now is the time for some silverware, the runners up position of 2 seasons ago is also achieveable, but boro should be a threat in every knockout cup this season

Plymouth find life back in the championship a lot harder as they cant get a win and find themselves bottom

So after around 10 games we are right at the bottom of the table with about 5 points but the worst thing being is having no wins.

If things aint to improve this could be a record low points scoring season and boy i dont want that to happen.

With both my forwards as rusty as old spoons and my midfielders the same the only players that seem to be doing something right is some of my defence and my goalkeeper.

Draw after draw we keep on getting and if things dont improve i may have to look on loaning some well known class talent to help boost my season.

However with half way through the season being miles away at the moment i am just going to play around with my tactics and see which one works the best for me. Lets hope at least one of them does work.

Anyhow heres how the results went some so poor i dont even want to list them here i will though just so everyone can laugh at them icon_smile.gif

So first game of season started away against cardiff and although only 1 down by half time the 2nd half was disastrous as we let in another 3. Very bad start losing 4-0.

2nd game against razors west ham and my side showed improvement in this game as we managed to hold out for a 1-1 draw even though his team had most of the chances. Sven di domenico the scorer of my sides goal.

Stoke city next away and again didnt manage to score and lost 2-0 with some shocking defending.

Another home game and another draw next as we faced QPR i began to see a pattern emerging here and i wasnt liking it. Conceeding a penalty on 45 minutes which if we hadnt of conceeded we would of won just done my head in.

League Cup game and we managed to easily breeze past southend but they were 2 leagues below us so thats probably why we did win. A spirited performance but didnt make a blind bit of difference in the league.

Villa next away and i thought we would get a battering. We didnt and only lost 1-0 which wasnt too bad.

To end mondays session we had to face hull we again drew our 3rd league home game in a row.

Wednesdays session now and it started off with a battering from freds assistant.

I would of prefered to play fred but still i didnt fancy my chances either way and we got hammered 5-0. Poor performance again not really anything more to say except they did have a 6th disallowed and cerci gave mmy side loads of problems.

Coventry next and straight away on 32 seconds we let one in, That proved to be the winner and we did actually have a fair few chances to get back into the game we just didnt take them.

League cup 2nd round now against bristol and we went out although dominating for most of the game. The game went to penalties and with us only scoring one they scored all of theres......out of that cup icon_smile.gif.

We lost again next against millwall 2-0 away not scoring any again this was becoming a very big problem for us as junior and ebbers not

doing much at all and not looking as good as they have been the past few seasons.

Crystal palace away and we got a very good draw wwith new guy haestad scoring.

End game of the wednesday session to end the miserable week that we have had which have which has seen us leak almost twice as many as we had by this time last season.

It was against sheff weds and we managed another draw this time 0-0. Not many shots in this one.

So bottom of the championship early on very similar to the suituation last season although at the moment with all players playing rubbish i cant see us improving. Current tables to be posted soon thats it until my next report.

Whoa Whoa La La La, OOOOO OOOOO OOO Its in the Lap of the Gods

Today Fred Patten adressed the press in a confident manner, and spoke of his side almost going into depression after their play-off final defeat to Leeds last time round. 'We were crushed, we had won 8 on the trot going into the play off final and we were up for it, but unfortunatley things went against us. But we look on and feeling i could only bring in players that could handle the premiership i signed Hernan Crespo off Si for a cool million and Juan Seb Veron for a free transer, to Their are a lot of people tipping Fred's City for promotion and good early season form would suggest they have a case, but in reply he cooly answered, 'Ask me again in 36 games, I'll tell you then icon_cool.gif'. He then clicked his fingers and entered his city squad to the tune of we are the champions, they did a lap of room and left, why this was done nobody is entirely sure! icon_biggrin.gif Freddie left the room to the tune simply the best. icon_cool.gif

THE HAMMERS ARE GOING WELL.......FOR NOW

So after droping down a division, west ham still managed to hold onto all the players from last year and still added quality to the squad. With all the transfer activity done & dusted it was down to the small matter of getting the players out onto the football pitch and seeing if they can gel well enough to get West Ham back up into the Premiership, and to see if they can live up to the tag of being 3rd Favourites to get promoted.

And so to Game 1 of season 2007-08 in the EC, we find ourselves at home to Reading of all teams (lots of history between them). Things were not looking too good for the Hammers as Reading took a HT lead (1-0). West Ham played better in the 2nd half and were rewarded with an equalizer through new AMC signing Figueroa. Draw 1-1.

Game 2 saw us up against Lee's Plymouth who had just come up from League One. This game was much like our 1st game against Reading, and it was Plymouth who took the lead, but this time we leveled through another new summer signing Krzynowek. Another 1-1 draw.

Game 3 Saw us pit our wits against the early leaders Preston at home. With 2 draws behind us it was important that we started to win games, and that my new strikers start to find the net.

It was young French man Thurre who set this game alight by bagging his first 2 goals for the club and to record West Ham's 1st league win of the season. Won 2-0.

In game 4 we were away to Sheff Utd. West Ham are now starting to find thier range in this league, and all the players are getting to know each other now. Goals from Thurre and Olisadebe (2) meant we won this one 3-1.

Next was a league cup game away to MK Dons, a few players were rested for this, especially Claude Makelele.But this did not stop us from winning 2-0 with goals from Olisadebe (2).

This meant we play Fred's Man City in Next round.

League game 5 was against Nott's Forest at home. With our defence now working really well and with Makelele sitting just in front of the back 4 teams are finding it hard to break us down. That was the case in this game, the back 4 and Maca picking up everything, meant the 3 Midfielder's and strikers could go and attack. Goals from Olisadebe and John Douglas (1st for club) saw us win 2-0.

Game 6 was against Hapless Crewe who got a 3-0 beating with goals from Thurre,Olisadebe and Figueroa.

Game 7 saw Cardiff come to upton park to see if they could break down the hammers defence, but they went the same as the others by losing 2-0. West Ham's goals came from Rob Earnshaw and Figueroa.

Game 8 saw, what i belived to be a run of 3 hard games, starting with Wolves away.

In fact this turned out to be our biggest win win of the season so far, goals from Figueroa,Krzynowck, thurre and Olisadebe lead us to a fine 4-1 win.

Next was the league cup 2nd rnd game away to Fred's Man.City. With both teamsgoing well in the league this was never going to be easy. West ham soon found themselves 2-0 up with goals from Figueroa and Thurre.

Herman Crespo pulled one back for city, but then Lepiller gets his 1st for the club makes it 3-1. Crespo pulls another one back for city to make it 3-2 but time ran outfor city and the hammers hanged on and go into rnd 3.

Next was league game 9 away to Villa who were riding high at the top of the league. Well West Ham made this game look easy. Goals from Olisadebe, Luke Chadwick and Earnshaw meant the Hammers went to the top of the league icon_smile.gif with a good 3-1 win.

Game 10 us travel to stoke who were in mid-table, so it was no suprise that we won this game with 2 more goals from the ever improving Figueroa, who now 7 goals from midfield already. Won 2-0.

The last game of the session was at home to Q.P.R. 2 goals from Olisadebe and 1 from Earnshaw saw us win this game 3-0.

So with 9 league wins and 2 draws, we find ourselves top of the league and playing good football. Lets hope it continues..........for now by from Razor.

Archived