Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurs falter as Manager goes on holiday

Well after guiding Spurs to a superb run of form towards the end of last season, manager James Cale took a deserved break. Unfortunately a series of unfortunate events meant he could not return before the end of the season. Infact he missed the start of the new season too. In what can only be described as an "The Terminal" scenario, Cale spent 3 months living in a Kazakstan Airport - living off free food and vouchers stolen from the Airport canteen.

This though did not dampen Spurs' end of season form which propelled them up to 10th place, clawing back a 9pt gap that seperated them before Cale left. A good finish to the season and a intertoto spot claimed, but without their charasmatic leader to take them through the summer (Cale at this time was being strip searched by a large security guard called Boris)things became a little stagmented.

Mido, our top scorer left to go back to Rome and along with a few key injuries we were struggling. Add to that the Toto competition, which infact we won, it meant pre-season was hard with no rest and left us in a poor position to start the season.

This i think is a factor in the position we found ourselves in at the moment. 16th but with 3 games in hand. The UEFA cup is bringing victories against Lazio, and trips to the Bernabeau but along with our poor pre-season its knackering our players.

So on resturn Cale set about a) Push Tord Grip out of window b) Sort out dead wood c) Identify Young Talent d) Lower Wage Bill e) Revamp Formation

And he did, Grip required 4 stitches, Mendes, Naybet and Sean Davis are on their way out, and 4 reserve team players are promoted. As for the formation, with a few changes im hoping we can create more goals as that is the one place where we are lacking at present. Hopefully Zidan, Keane and Defoe will step up soon and produce the goods.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

Wets get Weady to Wumble </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice report stevey top quality as per usual icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shagwell:

(Cale at this time was being strip searched by a large security guard called Boris) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thought it may have been goran getting his revenge on the clan icon_biggrin.gif

Good sesh last night for me, well apart from the 1 game.

Taking away that stupid game we conceeded only 2 goals in 5 games and scored 12 and had moved ourselves up to 9th. So jolly good show

Not sure if ill be there for whole of session tonight as due to the 1hr of sleep i got last night and an interview tomorrow ill need an early one tonight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shagwell:

So jolly good show </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All old people say that icon_biggrin.gif

So jolly good show </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All old people say that icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

Dont lie Lee. The amount off times you have told me acting like a 20 year old is great cover, I like football and ive got loads of trophies is what you say to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not my fault im so talented just a shame im not very good at playing fm icon_biggrin.gif

So after the last report i done whats been happning in the world of plymouth.

Well the answer is not a lot too be honest although recieivng an ultimatum the same day as the board giving me the thumbs up and saying they were satisfied with me i thought was a little bit strange and too be honest that happened last nights session not sundays just too good not to mention icon_wink.gif

So with my iraqi gettin a long with the other players and not threatening to kill them, things at the plymouth possy were going on just fine.

Some good performances and a few not so good seen use still hanging around mid table in league one with my job coming a little bit under fire. However still just about staying in my job and still winning more than losing things are improving.

Not one majorly bad performance compared to last season which i was liking even treating my players now and again because of their hard work icon_smile.gif.

With just getting manager of month award also i was really proud with myself for once just hoped it would happen again. Anyway here come results of the extra sunday sesssion that was played.

So after the great end to last session beating crewe 1-0 away i was hoping that my pile of **** team was actually capable of winning more than 1 in a row they did beating oxford 1-0 at home which made me think promotion is still on this season. Ebbers scoring the one and only goal on 45 minutes what a german i was actually starting to like him icon_smile.gif.

Next game we had to face the team that i managed in so many games Aldershot. I felt real bad winning 3-0 against these but just glad i didnt lose. Ebbers grabbing 2 goals and lasley claiming the 3rd could of been many more as aldershot were poor as ****. This seen us into the 2nd round of the FA cup.

Blackpool now who managed to beat us 2-1 at home our first home loss in ages. A rather close game and although my side had more chances they didnt really mean anything. 2 quick goals on 34 and 35 minutes gave them the win.

We bounced back next game and beat huddersfield 2-1 away which brought a smile to my face again. But mainly it was down to the substitution i made at half time. We found ourselves 1 down when the half time whistle was blown but after bringing on dani for the 2nd half he managed to score one straight away he scored another after and won us the game.

This next game was a little harsh as very early on junior got sent off for being an arse so ebbers was left all alone upfront and we nearly paid the price.

Gudjohnsen however played a blinding game and put us 1 up on 30 minutes. They later equalised but before you know it we was leading 2-1 thanks to ebbers heading in off a corner but it was only time before they scored a late equaliser and the game finished 2-2.

Time for FA cup game again this time against hitchin away. Again we dominated this time. As per usual ebbers scores first and puts us in a good position. Few minutes later and chadwick. Ebbers then gets the 3rd and final game on 13 mins and from then on no more goals except one from them to make the game fnish 3-1 to us to see us into the 3rd round where we faced much harder opposition this time Charlton.

Final game of the session and we had a pretty on form oldham side at home we lost 1-0 which was pretty disappointing but at least my job was safe for yet another season but however after last nights session its becoming insecure the question is will i keep it?

Check here to find out in my next report icon_biggrin.gif

unable to post on website at the moment so here are the next round of games to predict (forgot about midweek games)

Fixtures

05 April 2005

UEFA Champions League

Liverpool v Juventus, 19:45

Lyon v PSV, 19:45

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Burnley v West Ham, 19:45

Crewe v Derby, 19:45

Ipswich v Rotherham, 19:45

Leeds v Sheff Utd, 19:45

Leicester v Wolverhampton, 19:45

Plymouth v Watford, 19:45

Preston v Brighton, 19:45

QPR v Gillingham, 19:45

Reading v Millwall, 20:00

Stoke v Cardiff, 19:45

Wigan v Sunderland, 20:00

Coca-Cola Football League One

Barnsley v Wrexham, 19:45

Bristol City v Bournemouth, 19:45

Hartlepool v Peterborough, 19:45

Nationwide Conference

Dag & Red v Burton Albion, 19:45

Exeter v Halifax, 19:45

Hereford v Carlisle, 19:45

Leigh RMI v Canvey Island, 19:45

Northwich v Forest Green, 19:45

Woking v Stevenage, 19:45

Nationwide North

Altrincham v Hucknall, 19:45

Harrogate Town v Bradford P A, 19:45

Nationwide South

Margate v St Albans, 19:45

Vauxhall Masterfit Retailers Welsh Premier

Aberystwyth v Welshpool Town, 19:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06 April 2005

UEFA Champions League

AC Milan v Inter Milan, 19:45

Chelsea v Bayern Munich, 19:45

Coventry v Nottm Forest, 19:45

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Oxford Utd v Macclesfield, 19:45

Nationwide South

Newport County v Bishop's Stortford, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07 April 2005

UEFA Cup

Austria Vienna v Parma, 19:45

CSKA Moscow v Auxerre, 17:30

Newcastle v Sporting, 19:45

Villarreal v AZ, 19:45

08 April 2005

Coca-Cola Football League One

Tranmere v Stockport, 19:45

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Cheltenham v Shrewsbury, 19:45

Vauxhall Masterfit Retailers Welsh Premier

Aberystwyth v Haverfordwest, 19:30

Airbus UK v Bangor City, 19:30

Caersws v Connah's Quay, 19:30

Eircom League Premier Division

Bray v Drogheda Utd, 19:45

Cork v UCD, 19:45

Derry City v Shelbourne, 19:45

Shamrock v Longford Town, 19:45

St Patricks v Finn Harps, 19:45

Waterford v Bohemians, 19:30

09 April 2005

Barclays Premiership

Blackburn v Southampton, 15:00

Bolton v Fulham, 15:00

Chelsea v Birmingham, 15:00

Man City v Liverpool, 15:00

Middlesbrough v Arsenal, 15:00

Norwich v Man Utd, 17:15

Portsmouth v Charlton, 15:00

Brighton v Leicester, 15:00

Cardiff v Wigan, 15:00

Derby v Stoke, 15:00

Gillingham v Burnley, 15:00

Millwall v Crewe, 15:00

Nottm Forest v Plymouth, 15:00

Rotherham v Preston, 15:00

Sheff Utd v QPR, 15:00

Sunderland v Reading, 12:45

Watford v Leeds, 15:00

West Ham v Coventry, 15:00

10 April 2005

Barclays Premiership

Aston Villa v West Brom, 12:00

Everton v Crystal Palace, 15:00

Tottenham v Newcastle, 16:05

good luck all and everyone can join in

Just incase you hadnt noticed website is on new server now and loads much quicker please dont post on the forum for next day or so as some data has been lost which has annoyed me.

Not page data this time though its forum post data and lost the last 4 members that signed up.

Worst that can happen is you may need to make the predictions thread again si sorry again just hope the up to date data gets found icon_smile.gif

Speak to ya all in session tonight usual times

luck turning for dominant boro?

thats the question on everyone's lips as surprise table toppers boro (who have enjoyed wins at chelsea and arsenal) appear to be getting injuries to key players at critical time of the season.

attention has turned to murphys decision to sell the brilliant serhat to chelsea on deadline day, especially after carignano succombed to a long term injury shortly afterwards. murphy was heard to say' when a club like boro gets an offer of 29m for a back up player, i dont care how good he is i had to accept. the money this will bring to the club will allow me to strengthen every area of the team and make boro a force for the forseeable future'

rumours that the boro boss has arranged deals to bring in simone padoin, martin albrechtsen, evandro roncatto and daniel braaten have not been denied by the club, an inside source has confirmed that these deals are in place and that boro still have a sizeable transfer kitty available so there may be more signings.

away from transfer rumours, just a quick congrats to jimmy who has attoned for last season by doing the double over boro, in a late charge for uefa place. perhaps next year he may even challenge higher

Good weeks sessions people everyone have a good weekend, participate in the score prediction competition on the clan website and remember to post your reports before next mondays session mine to follow soon

Mixed Times at St Andrews

Well things at Birmingham are trundling along. Haven't spent most of the first season battling to stay in the premier league the board of directors were under no illusion when they said that the club must battle courageously against relegation this season. Also they felt best to give me 975k in transfer money to battle this relegation.

So with only a few player at my disposal who could come in handy i decided to seach through the market for some freebies. The type of player that had been discarded by there old club. The type of player who wanted to show his critcis wrong. The player who wouldn't think twice about poking there old boss in the eye with pure anger and hatred on the first reunion. The search was on and we managed to bring in the following players:

Goran Drulic from Zaragoza on a free. Nice strong striker

Lukas Dosek on a free. A strong right back

Tekke Fatih on a free from Trabzonspor. A nice fast striker

On the whole i would have liked to bring in more players but with the players i have at the club i think relegation survival could be achieved.

So the season ticked on and with the new year approaching fast we found ourselves once again embroiled in a relegation fight not really being able to put a good run together. Having a rethink on the tactical side i still couldnt come up with a reliable tactic and was starting to become so disillusioned with the club and the players although Tekke Fatih and David Dunn were playing fantastic and Dunn is easy calling for a England call up.

So i decided to go back to basics and was over the moon with the result. Out of nowhere we went on a great run of games using a simple 4 4 2 which gave us these results:

Birmingham 3-1 Charlton

Man City 3 0 Birmingham

Sheff Utd 1 4 Birmingham (FA Cup)

Birmingham 3 1 Chelsea \o/

Leeds 0 3 Birmingham

Birmingham 3 1 Stoke (FA Cup)

Birmingham 3-1 Portsmouth

Southampton 1-2 Birmingham

This was by far the best run i have had in clan playing FM. From pure despair i could see some light but as the saying goes what goes up must come down and down we came.

Birmingham 2-3 Middlesbrough

Arsenal 5-0 Birmingham

Birmingham 1-2 Leeds

Birmingham 0-1 Newcastle

Crystal Palace 1-3 Birmingham

Birmingham 2-3 Man Utd

Fulham 2-2 Birmingham

So as you can see its still a mix bag these days at Birmingham. Really this season couldn't end quicker for us. With 6 games to go we have 37 points and are 14 points clear of relegation. Hopefully 42 points or more should keep our premier league status secure.

On a sour note i lost the battle to keep Matthew Upson at the club. His contract was ending and the vultures were lurking and these guys wern't here to say hello. He ended up going to the Bill Gates of Football Manager, Simon "I love running a monopoly" Murphy as he continues to bring in and out players like there just stock.

Well plans are afoot for next season and a host of players or lined up to join the ranks next season. I would tell you who they are but its all hush hush. Watch this space icon_smile.gif

PEACE

So another beginning of week session and things had to improve if my team was to get into a secure playoff position in league one. However things are looking very bleak as we finished after last nights session in 7th quite a few points off 6th with only a couple of games left.

With ebbers going slightly off form and my job on the line aswell i was literally preaying that i would be with Plymouth come this season but too be honest i think i had it.

Anyway monday session and hoping for some good wins here is how the games went that were played.

It all started off against at the time top of the table Doncaster and we lost 2-1 to them. Not really being outplayed just not getting thew chances we wanted. The game started off brightly as Dani scored on 12 minutes to take us 1 up. All the way until the first half then there was little action as half time whistle was blown and it was 1-0 to the good.

2nd half kicked off and they scored but to my delight it was ruled out for offside. 82 minutes then came and they scored then a few minutes later they grabbed a late winner.......typical.

We bounced back as usual next and produced a win a pretty satisfying one opponents were bournemouth and we swept them aside 3-1.

With Dani starting another game due to his goal last game he scored again to take us into half time leading. Marius Ebbers then grabbed a 2nd as the 2nd half kicked off. Seconds after they grab a goal back then finally 73 minutes djordic puts us 3-1 up to seal the victory.

Boring game to come next as we had hartlepool away and with very little action in the game im suprised it finished 1-1. With craig pead scoring off a corner first half things looked good but a late goal from them made it become an ordinary draw.

Bradford now at home and after the unexpected draw last game we pulled off a 1-0 win. Chadwick i decided to give a start and after a few minutes into the game he came off injured. As the game approached 12 minutes djordic scored and took us into the half leading yet again. Not much action second half except aljofree going off injured.

Another home game now as we faced scunthorpe this time and a similar repeat to the last game we won it 1-0 with a couple of injuries aswell. This time Gudjohnsen scoring and claiming man of the match award aswell.

Fa Cup 3rd round now against premiership opposition Charlton. I certainly didnt expect anything from this and just as i thought we got completely outplayed and lost 3-0. We did have soem chances just not half as many as charlton did.

Back to the league and we had to face cambridge away. We won 1-0 to mark out 3rd league win on the trot and things wasnt looking too bad. With little action except 10 minutes into the game when lasley scored it was just time to sit down and relax while i watched my side win. Lasley aslo got man of the match after the game.

Last game of the session now and it was a good one against high flying brentford. Loads of goals and a lot of action which could of produced many more goals just a shame we was on the receiving end a little bit more. After 15 minutes we found ourselves 1 down then 44 minutes they scored again to take us into half time 2-0 down. The 2nd half kicked off much better with Dani scoring on 65 minutes. 57 minutes came and they added a 3rd to make it 3-1.

Dani then grabbed another back to make it 3-2 but before you know it the final whistle was blown and it was a miserable end to mondays session however to see whether it picked up a little keep reading here as i still have tuesday and last nights session to report on yet so for now adios.

Current League tables to be put up later icon_biggrin.gif

the Bill Gates of Football Manager, Simon "I love running a monopoly" Murphy as he continues to bring in and out players like there just stock.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rather be bill gates than clive sinclair icon_razz.gif

anyway much better season your having clive

Here we go then the end of season 2 is approaching fast so its time to see how everyones doing after this weeks worth of sessions just gone.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Chelsea | | 32 | 23 | 4 | 5 | 74 | 33 | +41 | 73 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Man Utd | | 32 | 21 | 6 | 5 | 62 | 25 | +37 | 69 |

| 3rd | Si | Middlesbrough | | 32 | 21 | 5 | 6 | 85 | 28 | +57 | 68 |

| 4th | | Arsenal | | 32 | 21 | 3 | 8 | 71 | 31 | +40 | 66 |

| 5th | | Newcastle | | 31 | 17 | 5 | 9 | 49 | 35 | +14 | 56 |

| 6th | | Fulham | | 32 | 16 | 8 | 8 | 43 | 31 | +12 | 56 |

| 7th | Jimmy | Tottenham | | 32 | 14 | 10 | 8 | 46 | 38 | +8 | 52 |

| 8th | | Bolton | | 31 | 14 | 9 | 8 | 50 | 36 | +14 | 51 |

| 9th | | Liverpool | | 32 | 13 | 9 | 10 | 43 | 31 | +12 | 48 |

| 10th | | Southampton | | 31 | 14 | 6 | 11 | 46 | 46 | 0 | 48 |

| 11th | | Blackburn | | 32 | 12 | 7 | 13 | 33 | 43 | -10 | 43 |

| 12th | | Charlton | | 31 | 10 | 9 | 12 | 37 | 39 | -2 | 39 |

| 13th |Stevey | Birmingham | | 32 | 11 | 4 | 17 | 38 | 55 | -17 | 37 |

| 14th | | Crystal Palace | | 32 | 11 | 4 | 17 | 39 | 61 | -22 | 37 |

| 15th | | Leicester | | 32 | 9 | 7 | 16 | 35 | 52 | -17 | 34 |

| 16th | Saeed | Man City | | 32 | 6 | 7 | 19 | 32 | 56 | -24 | 25 |

| 17th | Ant | Portsmouth | | 32 | 4 | 12 | 16 | 23 | 45 | -22 | 24 |

| 18th | | Norwich | | 32 | 5 | 8 | 19 | 18 | 56 | -38 | 23 |

| 19th | | Leeds | | 32 | 5 | 7 | 20 | 20 | 56 | -36 | 22 |

| 20th | | Sunderland | | 32 | 3 | 6 | 23 | 16 | 63 | -47 | 15 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Pl | Everton | | 40 | 29 | 7 | 4 | 87 | 24 | +63 | 94 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Aida | West Brom | | 40 | 27 | 9 | 4 | 89 | 22 | +67 | 90 |

| 3rd | Pl | Aston Villa | | 40 | 27 | 9 | 4 | 77 | 25 | +52 | 90 |

| 4th | Pl | Q.P.R. | | 40 | 25 | 9 | 6 | 66 | 34 | +32 | 84 |

| 5th | Razor | West Ham | | 40 | 19 | 9 | 12 | 61 | 46 | +15 | 66 |

| 6th | Mike | Wigan | | 40 | 16 | 16 | 8 | 51 | 30 | +21 | 64 |

| 7th | Ric | Sheff Utd | | 40 | 14 | 15 | 11 | 46 | 40 | +6 | 57 |

| 8th | | Derby | | 40 | 16 | 9 | 15 | 52 | 57 | -5 | 57 |

| 9th | | Cardiff | | 40 | 15 | 10 | 15 | 53 | 48 | +5 | 55 |

| 10th | | Hull | | 40 | 14 | 13 | 13 | 46 | 46 | 0 | 55 |

| 11th | | Gillingham | | 40 | 15 | 9 | 16 | 48 | 57 | -9 | 54 |

| 12th | | Swindon | | 40 | 14 | 11 | 15 | 47 | 52 | -5 | 53 |

| 13th | | Stoke | | 40 | 13 | 13 | 14 | 38 | 42 | -4 | 52 |

| 14th | | Millwall | | 40 | 16 | 4 | 20 | 44 | 60 | -16 | 52 |

| 15th | | Nottm Forest | | 40 | 14 | 9 | 17 | 43 | 52 | -9 | 51 |

| 16th | | Coventry | | 40 | 13 | 10 | 17 | 57 | 67 | -10 | 49 |

| 17th | | Wolves | | 40 | 13 | 9 | 18 | 55 | 60 | -5 | 48 |

| 18th | | Reading | | 40 | 10 | 13 | 17 | 46 | 55 | -9 | 43 |

| 19th | Fred | Rotherham | | 40 | 11 | 8 | 21 | 48 | 72 | -24 | 41 |

| 20th | | Watford | | 40 | 11 | 8 | 21 | 50 | 76 | -26 | 41 |

| 21st | | Ipswich | | 40 | 8 | 12 | 20 | 43 | 67 | -24 | 36 |

| 22nd | | Bristol C | | 40 | 8 | 11 | 21 | 39 | 70 | -31 | 35 |

| 23rd | | Preston | | 40 | 6 | 10 | 24 | 38 | 77 | -39 | 28 |

| 24th | | Burnley | | 40 | 5 | 9 | 26 | 31 | 76 | -45 | 24 |

</pre>

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Pl | Walsall | | 41 | 26 | 8 | 7 | 71 | 34 | +37 | 86 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Doncaster | | 41 | 24 | 6 | 11 | 71 | 58 | +13 | 78 |

| 3rd | | Crewe | | 41 | 20 | 13 | 8 | 77 | 44 | +33 | 73 |

| 4th | | Luton | | 40 | 22 | 7 | 11 | 75 | 43 | +32 | 73 |

| 5th | | Tranmere | | 41 | 21 | 10 | 10 | 63 | 37 | +26 | 73 |

| 6th | | Brighton | | 41 | 20 | 11 | 10 | 72 | 50 | +22 | 71 |

| 7th | | Blackpool | | 41 | 18 | 12 | 11 | 63 | 46 | +17 | 66 |

| 8th | Lee | Plymouth | | 41 | 18 | 11 | 12 | 53 | 39 | +14 | 65 |

| 9th | | Oldham | | 41 | 17 | 11 | 13 | 55 | 45 | +10 | 62 |

| 10th | | Chesterfield | | 41 | 15 | 14 | 12 | 53 | 51 | +2 | 59 |

| 11th | | Brentford | | 40 | 15 | 11 | 14 | 50 | 56 | -6 | 56 |

| 12th | | Stockport | | 41 | 14 | 11 | 16 | 49 | 57 | -8 | 53 |

| 13th | | Torquay | | 41 | 13 | 13 | 15 | 62 | 64 | -2 | 52 |

| 14th | | Huddersfield | | 41 | 13 | 13 | 15 | 38 | 44 | -6 | 52 |

| 15th | | Bournemouth | | 41 | 15 | 7 | 19 | 51 | 61 | -10 | 52 |

| 16th | | Oxford | | 41 | 14 | 9 | 18 | 52 | 61 | -9 | 51 |

| 17th | | Bradford City | | 41 | 14 | 7 | 20 | 50 | 57 | -7 | 49 |

| 18th | | Colchester | | 41 | 9 | 19 | 13 | 51 | 64 | -13 | 46 |

| 19th | | Barnsley | | 41 | 12 | 8 | 21 | 44 | 62 | -18 | 44 |

| 20th | | Hartlepool | | 41 | 11 | 9 | 21 | 37 | 54 | -17 | 42 |

| 21st | | Scunthorpe | | 41 | 9 | 15 | 17 | 48 | 66 | -18 | 42 |

| 22nd | | Cambridge | | 41 | 9 | 12 | 20 | 44 | 63 | -19 | 39 |

| 23rd | | Darlington | | 41 | 8 | 7 | 26 | 39 | 75 | -36 | 31 |

| 24th | | Port Vale | | 41 | 6 | 12 | 23 | 50 | 87 | -37 | 30 |

</pre>

So as you can see after the poor displays shown by simons middlesbrough side last season this season they have completely changed it around and are heading for europe but will they be able to fight off Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal to win the premiership title. With jimmys tottenham also looking to secure a uefa cup place things are looking much better this season.

Stevey's birmingham continue to keep winning more games as his team can be pretty pleased with themselves because of their position in the premiership and then there is saeed with his new club man city after being sacked from sunderland if he dont win as well as ant could see both them going down lets hope not.

The championship is probably going to be the most exciting division yet as the playoff's are filled with human sides so there could be a lot of tears come the final days of the season. The only manager not really going anywhere too be honest is fred with his rotherham side which dont seem to be very consistant at all.

Then finally me in league one just outside the playoff's and too be honest i cant see myself getting into them as i mucked up the last few games i'll be suprised if i keep my job also.

The season end is going to be a very good one and i cant wait you will just all have to see what happens icon_biggrin.gif

Has been a good season for FMELC i think. The two forces who we thought would dominate are now becoming very strong in Jimmy and Simon. Ive managed to spit my dummy out a couple of times and boot my pram over (sorry jim icon_wink.gif). Ant and Saeed have struggled to get them wins in and is leading up to a good finish in the premier league.

Down in the Championship things are heating up too. Everyone's pre season favourite Aida hasn't really disapointed and is chasing a top of the table finish. Mike and Mr White are battling it off in the playoff zone.

Then we have good old leezibo trying to secure a promotion from League 1. Will he do it? will he ever start bringing in some loan players? Who knows? Buts lets wish him and all the teams who still have something to play for the best of luck icon14.gif

So after ending the monday session with an exciting 3-2 loss we again started this session with another a win a pretty convincing one. Opponents were port vale and they were ripped to shreads by my players. With both the front men ebbers and junior causing them so many problems they got a lucky escape.

The game kicked off and it didnt take long for junior to get back into his usual rhythm and score on the 6th minute. The 27th minute then approached and junior gets fouled in their penalty area. He slots home the penalty with no hesitation to make it 2-0 to us.

So many other chances then for us but failed to put them away until the 55th minute in the 2nd half where ebbers grabbed and 3rd and our 3 points. Minutes later after the 3rd goal though new signing palmasson got shown the red card and made us play the remaining minutes of the game with 10 men.

With port vale finally having some chances i thought they were gonna come back but we held on. Ebbers recieved man of match award and deserved it.

Next opposition was colchester at their home ground. A tough game as all away games usually are which got off to a good start as gudjohnsen scored on 23 minutes to make it 1-0. Little action after that goal then in the first half as the whistle was blown.

2nd half kicked off very well indeed and before you know it we was 2-0 up thanks to ebbers. Then approached the last minutes of the game and they grabbed a goal back but it done nothing to stop us winning.

Another win next game as we continued to play some very good football to make it 3 wins on the trot. This time it was against barnsley at our home ground we seen them off by beating them 2-0 with goals from junior and gudjohnsen.

Little much else happened except the goals and due to ivica vastics poor first half performance he was took off at half time which proved indecisive.

A little bit of a some what unexpected defeat next as we sunk at the hands of brighton beating us 2-1 at home park. The game couldnt of started off any worse as we was 1 down within 1 minute.

They then scored another quick goal on the 10th minute and how was i to know that these goals were good enough to give them the 3 points. A game which was full of injuries which was probably part of the reason why we lost.

Just in the first half there were 3 injuries to tolley, gudjohnsen and djordic all 3 subs being used pretty early on then in the 2nd half more injuries were to come as ebbers came off injured just after scoring to make it 2-1.

This just wasnt my day and our 3 games won in a row came to an end as we lost.

Chesterfield at home was the next game and due to a pretty boring second half it livened up in the 2nd half with them scoring straight after the 2nd half kickoff.

Subs had to be made and supersub Dani was to come on and as soon as he did guess what He Scores icon_smile.gif. Final score 1-1.

Another point in this next game which was the final game of the session as we drew 1-1 again. An important game this was against 2nd place tranmere rovers at the time and we failed to win.

The game started off well with lasley scoring 23 minutes in. Even though being all over them for most of the game they still somehow manage an equaliser out of nothing. Half time approached and they got the equliser on 46 minutes.

2nd half kicked off and no action at all except junior coming off injured. This dented our hopes of grabbing a late winner so it stayed 1-1.

After this session my side were hovering around 6th position but worst was to come as we sank to a few defeats in the wednesday session which basically ruined our hopes of promotion from league one this season.

However its still a slight possiblity lets just hope it happens wednesday report to come soon icon_biggrin.gif

MAN CITY SACK BOSS WHITE

After a heated meeting with John Wardel, Simon White was sacked as boss of Man City, even though he had lined up some really good transfers for the January window.

So while i was dirving home from the training ground i got a call from T.Brown of West Ham asking me to be thier manager as they have had enough of Alan Pardew (if only that was true IRL).

So lets rock and roll with West Ham...............

Razor

SEASON 2005-06

So i have taken over the managers roll with West Ham, Alan Pardew has left me in 8th position in the league 3pts of the play-offs and a game in hand on the others.

After looking at the squad that was left to me i decided to go looking for more and better players, here is what i came up with:

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2005 | Rasiak, Grzegorz | Derby | Free |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2005 | Scowcroft, James | Leicester | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Walker, Ian | Leicester | Free |

| 2.8.2005 | Stone, Steve | Free Transfer | Free |

| 12.11.2005 | Lazaridis, Stan | Birmingham | Free |

| 1.1.2006 | Ejlskov, Christian | B 1909 | £0 |

| 1.1.2006 | Taser, Elvan | Vejle | £1K |

| 1.1.2006 | Nyambele, Abu | Middelfart | £0 |

| 1.1.2006 | Enevoldsen, Thomas | B 1913 | £16K |

| 10.1.2006 | Camp, Lee | Derby | £40K |

| 11.1.2006 | Fowler, Jordan | Arsenal | £12K |

| 14.1.2006 | Mazurkiewicz, Tomasz | AGF | £300K |

| 14.1.2006 | Andreasen, Leon | AGF | £1.2M |

| 17.1.2006 | Francis, Simon | Sheff Utd | £1M |

| 31.1.2006 | Christie, Malcolm | Middlesbrough | £100K |

| 11.3.2006 | Sedgwick, Chris | Preston | £600K

And here are the players that have left the club:

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| 7.6.2005 | Sos Yao | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Powell, Chris | Burnley | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Sheringham, Teddy | Wigan | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Brevett, Rufus | Gillingham | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Dailly, Christian | Stoke | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Gemmill, Scot | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Hutchison, Don | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Pearson, Greg | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Allen, Oliver | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Behcet, Darren | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Brady, Darren | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Reed, Matthew | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Reid, Kyle | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Shaw, David | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Singh, Bobby | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Stokes, Tony | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Wright, Sam | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2005 | Laws, Tom | Free Transfer | Free |

| 7.7.2005 | Rebrov, Sergiy | Free Transfer | Free |

| 31.8.2005 | Walker, Jimmy | Gillingham | £26K |

| 16.12.2005 | Mackay, Malky | Wolves | £12K |

| 1.1.2006 | Etherington, Matthew | Man City | £2.9M |

| 25.1.2006 | Bunce, Danny | Thurrock | Free |

| 29.1.2006 | Walker, Ian | Stoke | £100K |

| 19.2.2006 | Lomas, Steve | Gillingham | £45K |

| 26.2.2006 | Rasiak, Grzegorz | Wolves | £500K |

| 22.3.2006 | Carrick, Graeme | St. Albans | £1K

My 1st game in charge was against one of the better teams in the league Villa. We got off to the best possible start with Etherington putting us 1-0 up in the 1st min, only for angel to level in the 22nd.

But goals from Scowcroft,Etherington and an OG from Ridgewell meant we started with a good 4-1 win.

Here are the rest of my results to date:

Game 2 Coventry @home won 3-0 (Zamora,Kerr and Fletcher)

Game 3 Swindon @Away Won 2-1 (Kerr & Rasiak)

Game 4 Everton @Home Lost 3-1 (Lee Carsley OG)

Game 5 Bristol City @Home Won 2-0 (Scowcroft & Harewood)

Game 6 Gillingham @Away Won 4-1 (Chadwick,Scowcroft & reo coker)

Game 7 Hull @Away Lost 0-1

Fa Cup 3rd Rnd Everton @Away Lost 0-2

Game 8 Derby @Home Draw 1-1 (Scowcroft)

Game 9 WBA @Home Lost 0-3

Game 10 Wigan @Away Lost 0-3

Game 11 Millwall @Home Draw 1-1 Reo-Coker

Game 12 Reading @Away Won 2-1 Zamora & Reo-Coker

Game 13 Rotherham @Away Draw 2-2 Scowcroft & Coker

Game 14 Burnley @Home Won 3-0 Chadwick,Scowcroft & Coker

Game 15 Sheff.Utd @Home Won 2-0 Zamora & Coker

Game 16 Ipswich @Away Won 2-0 Zamora & Chadwick

Game 17 QPR @Away Lost 0-1

Game 18 Stoke @Home Won 2-1 Noble (2)

Game 19 Forest @Away Lost 0-3

Game 20 Wolves @Home Won 4-0 Coker(3) & Noble

Game 21 Villa @Away Lost 0-2

So with 6 games left to play and 9 points clear off 7th in the league a play off place looks a good bet, but it will be hard to win the play-offs as there are some good teams in there, lets see what happens eh..........

Tight At The Top

The season so far has seen WBA constantly push themselves in order to bounce straight back up to the premiership, for more than half the season the Baggies occupied 3rd place, whilst keeping up with the top 2 and, pulling away from the remaining teams.

With current form constantly improving WBA have seen themselves replace Villa in that all important 2nd spot, which will give the Baggies automatic promotion, even though they are only there on goal difference.

WBA's manager Aidan Connolly has stated that he is "extremely happy" with his teams performances over the course of the season. So we're guessing hes quite happy about WBA having the best attack, and best defence in the league.

WBA's main players have been Vilakazi, and Mokoena, and Rob Earnshaw scoring more than 60 goals between them. Russel Hoult has also been fantastic inbetween the sticks, keeping more clean sheets than goals he has conceeded.

The only problem at The Hawthornes is the financial position. Finances at the club have been poor since last season, and Connolly has had to sell many players in order to balance out the books. The two players that could dent the Baggies performance next season are Albrechsten going to Boro at the end of the season, and Gaardsoe going to Leeds after he decided his career at the Baggies needed to end in order for him to achieve greater things.

So with the end of the season closing in, the Baggies need to maintain theri current form and see if they can put pressure on Everton and claim that 1st spot in the league. The playoffs also look interesting so the Baggies will want to make sure they get an automatic promotion spot.

So the end of last weeks sessions and where was we standing in the table.....8th with 6 points seperating us from the sides in the playoff's looking very unlikely for us to get in them ourselves.

However 5 games left to play before the end of the 2nd season came so it was still possible i just pray that we get in them otherwise i'll probably find myself jobless icon_smile.gif.

With the season not being such a bad one too be honest with conceeding much less goals and managing to score a few also things had picked up a lot from last season.

Anyway heres how the games went that were played in the last session.

First up we had darlington who last time when we met held us to an embarrising draw. This time round i was much more confident of my team as we beat them 3-1 and didnt give them many chances. Junior putting us 1 up on 5 mins then palmasson with junior grabbing a 2nd goal on 90 minutes to give us the 3 points.

A draw next as we faced luton at home this was only the start as after this game my side drew quite a few games on the trot which too be honest could of done with winning and deserved to win most of them.

We then sunk to a 2-0 defeat at the hands of walsall outplayed a little although we had our chances.

Again as we seemed to of done a fair bit this season we came back with a win against torquay who were on good form as of late winning it 2-1 with ebbers scoring first then sven di domenico grabbing his first goal since he joined the club.

Another win next against oxford away 2-0 first clean sheet in a few games. A good all round performance with loads of chances going our way.

Then came 3 draws in a row the first being against crewe 1-1 with junior scoring then them scoring straight after on 19 minutes to make the rest of the game dull. The 2nd draw came against blackpool at home which again should of won and was lucky to even get a point as palmasson scored on the 90th minute to salvage one. Then the 3rd draw was at home against huddersfield where they were purely outclassed by my side we just couldnt score.

So end game of the session came and was against stockport away we lost 1-0 which was a major blow to us as playoffs now look very unlikely however check here to see how my team gets on as well as everyone elses as the end of the 2nd season approaches icon_biggrin.gif

The Season Draws to a close.........

So as the season draws to close there is still all to play for, and with a play-off spot getting ever closer.

Here are the last 6 league games for west ham:

Watford @Home Won 2-0 (Tomasz Mazurkiewicz & Repka)

Preston @Away Draw 0-0

Cardiff @Away Won 1-0 (M.Christie)

Coventry @Away Won 4-1 (Christie 3 & Mazurkiewicz)

Swindon @Home Won 2-1 (Repka & Mullins)

Everton @Away Lost 0-2

So with the season now finished and ending up in 5th place in the league that meant we were playing QPR in the play-offs.

Play-Off Semi @ Home QPR Won 4-1

2 Goals from Luke Chadwick & M. Christie gave us a fine win @home in the first league, we could not have wished for more really.

Play-Off Semi @ Away QPR Lost 2-1

If the west ham players thought it was a case of just turning up and getting to 90 mins and going through then they were wrong as QPR came out all guns blazing.

Jamie Cureton on 66 and Les Ferdinand on 77 meant a nervous 13 minutes for Simon white, but up popped Anton Ferdinand in the last minute to settle the game and put us through to the final where we will be playing Mike's Wigan (who are also on form).

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF FINAL

WIGAN v WEST HAM

Att 89,974

So as 40,000 west ham fans desended into Wembley news was coming through on the radio that West Ham would be missing to key players (Lee Camp & Cohen) due to u21 call ups, this was a major body blow to west ham as they were key players to the team.

So that meant a recall for stephen bywater and skippy stan.

With the team going into this match on a good run of results it was going to take something special to stop the goal scoring machine of Ellington & Pezzarossi so i decided to man mark them both.

So Wigan kick off in what was going to turn out to be the best play off game for a long time.

With only 3 minutes on the clock and the 1st chance of the game falls to Wigan's Holm who tucks it away 1-0.

No sooner had West Ham tried to play thier passing game than Wigan score another goal on 7 mins through Pezzarossi 2-0.

With 21 Minutes gone Wigan earn themselves a pen, Pezzarossi took it but Bywater saved it.

Then on 26 minutes Pezzarossi goes and gets another goal, 3-0 down inside the first half an hour's play.

That's when Simon White decided to stop the man marking game.

With an hour gone and the score still 3-1 to wigan Simon White changed his tactics to all out attack, fast tempo.

And it paid off on 65 mins as christie scores from the penalty spot 3-2.

So now that goal has set up a good finish to the game which at one point looked like it was all over inside the first half an hour.

With the clock running down and west ham creating more chances and wasting them it looked like another season loomed in the Championship, until Reo-Coker popped up in the 82 minute to level the game at 3-3 and send the West ham Fans wild.

What a come back.

Full Time 3-3.

So Extra time it is then, i would have settled for that at HT.

With 1 minute left in the 1st half Bobby Zamora scored to make it 4-3 to West Ham. Both teams had further chances to score but 4-3 it stayed West Ham go up to the Premiership.

This has to be the most amazing game i have been involved in since i have been playing online, i wish Mike, Aida and Saeed all the best in the Championship next seaon and hope to see them in the EPL (that's if i'm not relegated).

From a happy Razor....bye.

And straight away we score through Christie, 3-1.

After i finally got my PC back after i virus messed it up icon_frown.gif The first season was already over and we were well into the second season. My assitant manager had done a good job getting Wigan into a good possition for the final push for the playoffs and the premiership.

Here are the results from when i took control of Wigan agian.

Rotherham 4.0 win

roberts

pritchard og

pezzarossi 2

FA Cup West Brom 2.0 win

ellington

jackson

Reading 2.0 win

ederson

ellington

Wast Ham 3.0 win

ederson 2

pezzarossi

Sheff utd 2.2

ederson beckett

pezzarossi kabba

Ipswich 3.0 win

ellington 2

ederson

Burnley 1.0 win

pezzarossi pen sinclair red card

FA Cup Man City 2.1 loss

ederson etherington

bellamy

Nottm Forest 1.0 loss

kirk

QPR 1.0 loss

ormerod

Stoke 1.0 loss

reid

Wolves 2.2

ellington 2 one pen nemeth pen

olofinjana

Villa 0.0

Preston 2.0 win

johansson

winstanley

Cardiff 0.0

Watford 1.1

johansson dyer

Everton 2.2

Ederson

Ellington

Coventry 3.1 win

Ederson 2

Pezzarossi

Swindon 4.0 win

Pezzarossi 3

Ederson

Bristol City 1.0

pezzarossi

Hull 2.2

Holm

Roberts

Derby 2.1 loss

Holm

After securing my play in the playoffs after the 1.0 win over Bristol City, i was to face Aida's West Brom who was most likey looking fr revenge after his 1.0 loss to me in the FA Cup.

mike reporting? surely not icon_biggrin.gif So after a very exciting 2nd season in the clan my plymouth side managed to get into the playoff's but unfoutunately got beat in the playoff final against crewe.

The good thing though is that i managed to somehow keep my job after all the troubles i had been having with it being issued an ultimatum a few times and narrowly escaping the vote of confidence icon_smile.gif.

Overall im pleased with my lads just a shame they couldnt win the playoff final and went crashing out to a 1-0 defeat.

The new season however looks very good as the expectations aint as high as they were and with a couple more players being brought in we should be serious title challengers this season.

The lack of happy people in the squad though is a pretty big issue and i hope i can win around the fans support again as the 3rd season approaches.

A full end of season report to come aswell as my predictions for the coming season

I just wanna congratulate razor on his promotion from the championship after a nail biting playoff final where he seen his side come from 3-0 down against mikes wigan side to take the game into extra time and win it 4-3 nice one icon14.gif

Good season for murphy also as his middlesbrough side finished 2nd in the league qualifying for the champions league this coming season as in the first season his side finished in a rather poor place.

It wasnt all glory for the human teams though as saeed's new man city side got relegated from the premiership but managed to get into the uefa cup for next season coming runners up in the fa cup final and fred's rotherham side got relegated from the championship which means my side wont be all alone next season icon_smile.gif.

Ants portsmouth had a rather poor season compared to last just narowly avoiding the drop and steveys birmingham fought back again after looking the early favourites to go down but they didnt.

Aidas wba again very unlucky finishing with a very good 100 points in the championship. Although a decent amount of points still wasnt enough to get his side into 2nd place and he in the playoff semi final against mikes wigan bit unlucky icon_frown.gif however i got every faith that aida's wba will win the championship this coming season.

Finally jimmy's tottenham they finished in near enough identical position as last season. Should be pushing for a much higher position this coming season.

So pre season of the 3rd season at the moment and all being well the new season will start tonight so good luck everyone icon_biggrin.gif

2005/2006 review

lee plymouth icon_eek.gif i know it is a shock, lee not being sacked inside 2 seasons (i think he retires offline then readds himself) but lee actually had a decent year, made the playoffs on goal difference only to lose in the final. a big promotion push expected next season (although half his players hate him so a strong contender for an early sacking in august)

fred rotherham - fred had a sandwich season, started pants, middle good end pants. his good run of form coincided with some superb loan players being at the club (not sure which club they were from icon_biggrin.gif) however when they were recalled to cover injuries, fred faded miserably to join lee in league one, so at least lee gets a human to play with. fred should get play offs at worst this next season

aida(or mr unlucky as he is getting called) the fans at wba dont know whether to laugh or cry, another season that promised much but delivered nothing. after last minute relegation last season, aida managed to get 100 points this season and still not go up, very harsh. this season he is losing star players in defence too but knowing aida he will be there or there abouts come may

razor west ham - well after being harshly sacked by man city (stupidly if you ask me as they had just allowed him to spend millions) he went to west ham. the play off final will live long in his memories with the greatest comeback seen since fm2005 started. sure to be difficult to beat this season, but with no money to spend a relegation struggle could be on the cards

mike - wigan last season will be a dissapointment to mike, pc problems left him too far behind the top 3 and although he made the play offs, who knows what he would have achieved if his pc had worked all season. definate promotion favourite with aida

saeed- man city saeed is the record breaker, the first person in history to relegate 2 premier league clubs in one season and even then he still qualified for europe. after destroying the mackems (nice work by the way, was well happy with that icon_wink.gif) he proceeded to move man city gravity like down to the championship. an fa cup final defeat to newcastle (who were already assured of a uefa place) has meant that european footie will be seen at the commenwealth stadium this season. prediction for saeed, well favourite for relegation on past form but with which team, who knows icon_razz.gif

ant portsmouth- a very poor season by his standards, (and lets face it they arent very high) only avoiding relegation due to saeeds brilliance, a reliance on the yak isnt helping. a big amount of money needs spending to get into the top half, not the favourite for relegation but not far off in my opinion

stevey birmingham - steadily built on last season a solid mid table finish and will be looking at more of the same this year. weekened in defence following the bosman sale of upson to boro, strenghtening in that area has to be a priority for the brummies. may scrape top half finish this season

jimmy tottenham - well jimmy hasn't been as dominant in this game as usual, partly due to him not being able to make every full session, even so he was unlucky last season to miss out on europe even though he got 64 points, far more than enough usually to qualify. not sure if in intertoto this year, but if not i expect at least an uefa qualification this season

me boro- amazed myself last year let alone everyone else. potent attack scored over 100 league goals, crespo and carignano 1st and 2nd in goalden boot and finished 2nd in the league. this is countered by the fact that boro were pants in the cups. the sale of serhat for 29m raised huge funds for boro and with players like olisidabe, heitinga, de jong, albrechtsen, upson etc joining boro need to be looking for champions league placing again and a much stronger showing in the cups

roll on 2006-2007

Well season two has finished and Birmingham finish a lonely 15th. Although we were tipped for relegation I thought we could achieve higher then 15th position but its been another season of under performance in my eyes. Maybe im thinking too much of the current players we have and is a good time to bring in new players.

On the other hand the club is running on a tight budget with a 300k a week budget and only 975k in the transfer kitty so maybe i am aiming to high.

Only a few players excelled this year, noticeably David Dunn. The lad done good bringing in a average of 7.70 over 37 games and pretty much dragging the team along. I also think if we didnt get the lad Tekke Fatih in our season could have been much worse. He took no time to settle in grabbing us 9 goals in the first 10 starts and finished on a respectible 19 goals from 35 games. Im pretty sure if he hadnt arrived we would have finished in the bottom three.

So with investment needed in players and a tight budget to stick by the need for bosmans was on. Scouring through the bosmans we managed to agree deals with the following players:

Hasan Sas, a player with a big reputation and a big wage to suit. Price Free

Jimmy Bullard, was with Mike's Wigan last year and snapped up on a free. Price Free

Ryan Nelsen, a sweeper/centre back who is a regular in the New Zealand national squad. Price Free

Fabrice Fernandes, skillful player on his day but may bring some extra baggage on bad days. Price Free

Shunsuke Nakamura, silky skills and flamboyant play should come from this guy. Also a regular in the Japan national team. Price Free

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, everyone knows about this guy. Although getting on a bit i see him as good cover for my main strikeforce. Price Free

Claudio Lopez, another big signing for Birmingham but also another big wage bill. Price Free

Unfortuantly Matthew Upson has left Birmingham now leaving our defence very weak. Although i have brought a replacement in loosing Matthew Upson was a big loss and we could pay for it at the back this season. I would like to predict a top ten finish for myself but im being more realistic and predicting another battle with relegation.

Well done to Simon on finishing second in the Premiership icon14.gif A great achievement and will probably be more succesful in the new season.

Heart goes out for Aida icon_smile.gif After losing the battle last season to stay in the Premier league on the last day he was again pipped at the post on the last day to go back up. Better luck next season bud icon14.gif

The playoff final was quite entertaining between Mike and Si White. Mike had one foot in the premier league until a great comeback from West Ham saw them win the final. Well done Si, lets hope you csn stay up. Unlucky Mike bud, theres rumoirs that your quiting Wigan??? icon_smile.gif

Mr Owens managed to get himself into the playoff final probably saving his job in doing so but it wasn't to be his day as he was beaten and is doomed to spend another season in League One. My heart bleeds for ya icon_smile.gif

Fred had a poor end to the season and was relegated on the last day so he too will be doomed to play in League One but on the plus side him and Lee can swap team reports on teams now icon14.gif

Jimmy missed some parts of the season and this seemed to hinder his clubs progression. With Jimmy at the helm 100% im sure Tottenham would be a top four club.

Another slow season for Ant and Porstmouth. Restricted financially and in desperate need to sell Yak the man another season of relagation battle could be on the cards.

Good luck to all in the new season icon14.gif

oops, cut my bit about saeed icon_smile.gif

Saeed has had a troublesome Season. Managed to get to the cup final but lost and was also relegated. He has a good set of players for the Championship so should hopefully bounce back but will be a tough test.

oops, cut my bit about saeed icon_smile.gif

Saeed has had a troublesome Season. Managed to get to the cup final but lost and was also relegated. He has a good set of players for the Championship so should hopefully bounce back but will be a tough test. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust you to do that tut tut icon15.gif

Good review si and stevey good luck in new season again all and the clan website will be updated with all season 2 data after wednesday session icon_smile.gif

New Season starts with renewed vigour for Spurs and Cale

After missing a couple of key end of season sessions last week , it meant Spurs dropped from the 7th postion i left them in. This was a bit of a blow as we wanted to improve on our first season but we had soon put this disappointment behind us.

So onto the 2006/2007 season and i was hoping that this year we could take things a step further, with aims to get a top 5 finish and a european spot.

Things are going to change

I felt work was needed to shake up the squad and so proceeded to strip the first team down to the bare minimum, transfer listing many players that werent performing for me and sending them to the reserves. The reserves and U18's also had a shake up with many players being released or promoted along with contract renewals. After all that was sorted out we could look at adding to our squad. This would be hard as we only had 400k to spend. It could be a tough time for Spurs - that was until the big guns came calling.

Transfer Rumblings Explode

With little to spend it was of some relief when i saw Man Utd and Liverpool were chasing 12m rated Robbie Keane, a few phone calls later and the offer was in. 14m and Keane was off - this proved a catalyst and off went Pamarot for 1m along with 12 free's. We had slashed the wage bill and created a kitty of 15m to spend. Within a week of Keane going and choosing Man Utd ahead of Liverpool, the Pool were back and after Defoe - with Zidan, Fred and Guerk and money to spend i accepted a 20m offer and off went young Defoe to Merseyside. Suddenly Spurs had 35m to spend. And how we spent icon_cool.gif

Cash brings great things

With all the money to spend it could be said it went to my head. But i carefully evaluate what i wanted and went for it.

First in was Arteta - amazing stats and perfect for the AMC role in my team. 7.2m upfront rising to 9m got me my no.1 target.

Next i wanted a striker, a wonderkid to operate in my system and convert some of the many chances we create. One player fitted the bill and with no real limits to money i dived straight in for him. Joining Spurs will be Ben Arfa for a total of 11m.

With more money available im hoping to bring in a young up and coming Keeper and also a young specialist right back. So watch this space.

3 Games in and all to plan

Spurs 3-0 West Ham

First up was Razor's Premiership new boys. A good first game and won with some ease in the end. A good start with Zidan, Guerk and Fred with the goals.

Fulham 0-2 Spurs

Next up was a tricky tie against Fulham. We continued the good work with a hard fought win. Simon Davies and Zidan with the goals.

Spurs 1-1 Birmingham

Another human v human game against Stevey's ever improving Birmingham. A tight high quality affair ended 1-1 with some great performances by both sets of players. Loads of chances so cant really complain about the point.

So Far So Good

An important session for me as i look to get Spurs back on track. A couple more good signings and i feel we have a squad to really push ourselves this year.

With the squad we have at this point our first team will look something like this

GK - Robinson/Proto

DR - Andersson/Tainio

DC - Bovo/King/Naldo/Dawson

DC - Bovo/King/Naldo/Dawson

DL - Atouba/Ziegler

DMC - King/Biglia/Tainio

AMR - Davies/Kaebi

AMC - Arteta/Carrick/Ben Arfa

AML - Reid/Ben Arfa/Jackson

FC - Fred/Zidan/Guerk/Ben Arfa

FC - Fred/Zidan/Guerk/Ben Arfa

defensive boro make sound start

after smashing in goals from all angles last season, boro appear to be focusing on defense this year.

aruna, olisidabe both strikers have been brought in to provide cover as several youngsters have been taken on loan (whilst i was away so not sure if recall facility been built in)

a new midfielder also arrived in the shape of (cant remember ghana international released from italian club) only for him to break his pelvis on his first day at the club angryfire.gif

with the defence having been strengthened with the arrival of 4 top quality centre halves, only a keeper was needed (again to do the assistant loaning out my backup) so a bargain 90k secured a decent german as sub.

with further attackers lined up already (roncatto signing in december and cavenaghi in july) all that is required now is another top midfielder and i may allow mendieta and crespo to leave. other departures that have occured include finally the release of viduka for over 1m, a big outlay but a saving of of 4m in the next 2 seasons

boro have a hard start to the season

home to liverpool 1-1 crespo

away to newcastle 0-0

home to pompey 1-0 carignano (strikers missing the target every shot)

away to southampton 4-0 crespo 2 mendieta carignano

next 3 games are chelsea, man utd and arsenal unfortunately i am away till late so i hope the assistant manages to win a couple unlike last time they played arsenal for me and lost 7-0

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

unlike last time they played arsenal for me and lost 7-0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That result will always haunt you even though you didnt play the game icon_biggrin.gif

So because i cant get to sleep and im bored out of my head what better thing to do than another one of my rivating reports icon_biggrin.gif

So another new season more money to spend so it was that exciting time again to go shopping for new young talent. Unfourtunately found some young players but whether they have any talent thats another thing icon_smile.gif. The players i have brought in for the new season are:

James rowe - Came from bournemouth actually agreed to join last season a pretty strong looking central midfielder.

Adam Lallana - Me and mike were both after these young amc as he looked promising and i managed to get him somehow icon_smile.gif.

Baldur Sigurosson - So far these season this defensice midfielder has had a few starts and failed to impress be watching him very closely as the season goes on.

Soren Chritiansen - Scored possibly one of the quickest debut goals in a long time on 27 seconds. Has been playing on a rotation basis due to how many attacking midfielders i got but has been playing pretty well.

Stephen O' Leary - Possibly my best buy so far and very cheap also. Great stats alround and looks to be a very big future star.

Christian Ritter - Due to Marius Ebbers being unhappy at the club i decided to bring in another german to make him feel more at home. So far only played one game where he was forced to play in a striker role didnt score though mind you icon_frown.gif.

So with those players coming in the team was looking much stronger than last season. With the same defence also i was confident my side could score more and conceed even less than what they did last season this one.

After the misery of last seasons playoff final shock (well not really a shock the main shock was me keeping my job for yet another season icon_smile.gif) we had to get off to the best possible start this season so that we could hopefully be in the top half come halfway through the season.

The games actually went well apart from the 3 draws that should of been wins but its how it goes sometimes.

First game of the new season was away against swansea where after 19 minutes domenico scored as we started off on fire. A few minutes later and my brazilian star junior added to the 1-0. Half time approached and right on the 45 minutes domenico grabbed a 3rd to take us into the lead at half time.

The 2nd half brought many more chances but the score stayed 3-0 as we got off to a flyer. Doumbe grabbed the man of the match award putting in an exceptional display in the heart of the defence.

A side next which has narrowly missed out on playoff's last season Oldham. Again started off on fire with christiansen scoring within 27 seconds on his debut to make me a happy man. Nothing much else happened in the first time and the half time whistle was blown.

2nd half and with ebbers coming on off the bench i hoped that it was going to add to our lead more. I was nearly right as he scored a 2nd on 72 minutes to make it 2-0 but then oldham grabbed two late goals to even it up and give us a measly point.

Colchester next who early on were the pace setters sitting at the top of the table being the only team to win both their first two games.

The first half seen little action except a couple of wasted chances by each side. 2nd half kicked off and it started to look up a bit as ebbers put us 1 in front on 59 minutes.

But then denied a win by an 80th minute freekick which gave us another point this time a little more deserved for the opposition as the game was pretty even.

From top to near bottom of the table next as we faced hartlepool at home. I was really confident of winning this one but drew a 3rd game in the row.

Game couldnt of got off to a worse start as we conceeded a goal on 5 minutes that wasnt what annoyed me what annoyed me was that was there only shot of the game. After then we dominated and should and could of won but we only managed an equaliser thanks to ebbers scoring on 22 minutes.

The 2nd half was very dull to say the least hardly anything happened.

Last game of the session and it was a cup game. League cup infact where we had to face league one side huddersfield away. We came out 1-0 winners with junior scoring on 14 minutes. We had so mant chances i lost count but could only managed just the 1 goal to take us through into the 2nd round of the League Cup.

So after the first session to the new season we are already sitting in 7th position (would be higher if wasnt for the bloody draws) scoring enough and not conceeding too many.

If things continue the way they have started then i can see my side coming back into the championship but still a very long way to go at the moment.

So you will all have to wait until after next session to see how my side continues in league two until then thats it icon_biggrin.gif

PS: Do a report or two saaed and fred you lazy gits icon_razz.gif

"Well Martin you gotta say now that Rotherham look safe depite todays point".

"Yeah Don with 15 games left, i reckon 6 or 7 points should do it for them".

"Well they have accumulated 40points so far, but the departure of Mark Viduka over the next few weeks won't help the club"

"Aye, but their strong enough to cope with it"

As it was we weren't icon_confused.gif And with Leonardelli getting injured and returning to boro, and Fernandez being called back it was a horrible end to the season where we got 3 points out of our last 15 games!!! Ok ok, maybe the squad wasn't strong enough but we had a mesley budget where i couldn't really compete for the right signitures, which is a shame, where in league one Lee Owens was getting around 500k to spend!!! i was getting 40k in the Championship so yet again i relied on loans to see me through.

The season started badly enough with only 1 win in seven, but then i went on a run which saw me take around 35 points out of the next 60, and for a side like mine i was delighted. Aljandro Fernandez on loan took 3games to score his first goal. but when it came so did four others on the same match we beat Coventry 5-2 away, hoping to bolster my strike force i brought in Mark Viduka on loan, this worked a treat he scored 15 goals in 21 starts for us, and again dipping in to Si's reserve squad i brought in yet another future prem star in Vagner Leonardelli. He came on as a sub in his first game, and played an 8 in a superb 0-0 against Reading, (0-0 away from home might not be good in your eyes, but last season it was in mine, but this season we need wins away from home). But Mark Vidukas loan was due to run out in April and Middlesboro did not wish to renew it with us for a 4th term, so we made a bold attempt to sign him, (many times) with the last attempt breaking down due to wage demands, it was on a free transfer as well!!! Unfortunatley thigs started to fall apart, the wheels came off the bandwagon, and my CB partnership of Keown and Herrio who had been brilliant all season started to tire. I left them out for two games and we got trashed, putting them back in kept the goals down at our end. But with the strikers failing to put them in at the other things were going downhill, for a team which were 12th at the end of Febuary, to end 22nd on tha last day of the season is a dramatic fall from grace, not even the signings of Kevin Campbell, Dourkieff and Pieter Collen for a combined fee of 5k could save them.

And so onto the season coming up, To bolster our squad, we have brought in experienced players such as Marlon Harewood, Charlie Oatway and Paul Ince. Incey was tempted by our Yorkshire Famous Pension plan, Already Used by Brian Deane, Shaun Goater, Martin Keown, Herrio Kevin Campbell and Yorkie Dourikeff. But on a more serious note deals broke down to bring in one of the many Camaras in the game, who was going to be a cracknig player for us, but failed to get a work permit. And a few others, Fred Patten has stated although he thinks his sqaud are good enough for promotion, as well as others tipping them for it or the play-offs, he relistcially knows the job ahead, 'We can't go into a division we don't know much about and say we are going to win it that would be arrogant, but we have brought in a few good players in Oatway, Harewood (who turned down a West Ham contract offer to come here, WHY?) and Paul Ince. I feel our squad is good enough to be in with a chance, but we will be looking to bring in a couple more players in the near future. Adiossssssssssssssssssssssssssssss"

Clever Words, from a clever man. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

So you will all have to wait until after next session to see how my side continues in league two until then thats it icon_biggrin.gif

PS: Do a report or two saaed and fred you lazy gits icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Lazy boy has done his report, 'Fred' that is. Lee league two????????????? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by royalman:

The Lazy boy has done his report, 'Fred' that is. Lee league two????????????? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeeah lost in playoff final so got a season with you and by the 4 games played so far i dont think your assistant has got off to the best of starts icon_biggrin.gif

Archived