Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More bad results lead to Plymouth sitting firmly at bottom of table

So there you have it with the previous bad displays by my team in the last sessions they carried on and infact didnt get a single point as i failed to win or draw any games and ended up losing all of them.

Things were looking very bleak for my plymouth side and with the half way point approaching serious changes were needed in order to secure my sides championship status and my job for next season.

This session kicked off with a game away against notts forest heres how it went.

Notts Forest 1-0 Plymouth

A terrible start to a terrible session really as we paid the price for conceeding an early goal and ended up losing. The 1st half seen notts forest completely outplay my team and was unlucky just to have the one goal

The second half seen us outplay them this time and should of put least a couple past their keeper. The score stayed at 1-0 to them though and although paul connolly got man of the match it meant nothing.

Next game seen us host coventry city at our stadium.

Plymouth 0-2 Coventry

Another game where we failed to score as coventry were all over us and played some decent football.

The game wasnt looking too bad when half time approached being only 1 down still in it. But the icing was put on the cake when they scored a 2nd half penalty to give us another defeat.

QPR next and although all my players had a decent game we still came of worse and lost.

QPR 2-1 Plymouth

Scorers: Bjarni Gudjohnson

The game started and as usual we conceed an early goal and go into half time 1-0 down.

2nd half kicks off and looks much brighter as gudjohnson equalises.

However scott taylor comes limping off on 79 minutes and a few moments later they get the winner.

Next we were up for a complete hammering against 1st place reading at the time and i can see why they were first.

Plymouth 1-3 Reading

Scorers: Marino Keith

A complete and utter terrible game for all my players as we got hardly any possession and got outplayed in every area of the pitch.

With conceeding all 3 goals in the first half i thought it was gonna be a completely dreadful result but the 2nd half was much better as we managed to pull one back on 85 mins even though the game was dead and buried by then.

At this precise moment in time i was just trying out different formations to see which ones worked best with my players and the answer.............not the one i used for this next game icon_smile.gif.

Preston 3-0 Plymouth

Not much to say really they deserved the win as my team played very poor. Absolutely no action wotsoever apart from the 3 goals they scored.

Gillingham 2-0 Plymouth

Yet another game without scoring a goal now this was becoming a real big problem and all i can hope is that we sort it out soon.

Another poor display which seen my side go down to 10 men as paul wotton was sent off.

Although down to 10 men we didnt play too badly until 90 minutes came and they grabbed a 2nd.

Plymouth 0-1 Watford

Last game of the session and i thought at least my team would get something out of this game and end the session well but they didnt.

6 minutes into the game one of their players were brought down in the area and it was up to Romain larriou to try and stop the penalty.

He didnt and we went 1-0 down. It stayed like that then for the rest of the game even though it could of changed as my team wasnt playing too bad.

Only other problem was bjarni gudjohnson getting injured on the 80th minute adding himself to the long list of players i got out at the moment.

So far i'd like to say so good but it aint the season is not going at all as planned and finding ourselves bottom of the championship after 15 games is a little bit worrying.

Hopefully after a little bit of tinkering my team will have some good fortune and win a few games but at the moment they aint looking too good and lack of being able to score is making me pay the price.

So thats it for now more to come in next report.......

Season Update

As the mid-way point in the season approaches, the Baggies boss is still upbeat that his team can avoid relegation. Connolly had this to say:

"Well its been a tough start to my managerial career at this club, we havent had the dream season i hoped for. But looking at it realistically, we're by no means down yet, there still half a season to go."

The Baggies boss had this to say to the fans:

"The fans so far this season have been great, theyve been behind the teamm all the way. I agree with the fans that this club shouldn't be playing in the Championship next season, we're too big for that. But the fans have to realise that we're not going to be succesful in one season, the most success we could hope for this season is finishing 17th in the Premiership. If we do survive the drop this season, we will definitely be pushing ourselves to reach the mid-table region at the end of next season. My aim for this club is to improve our final league positions by 3 places each season."

Connolly also assured the fans that if the club were to get relegated, they would not need to sell their big players, and would do everyhting in his powers to keep them at the club.

Connolly finished the press conference with this comment:

"The January tranfer window is nearly here, and i've been wheeling and deeling for a few players, and managed to get some players in who i feel can really help us avoid relegation. Im not going to give any names yet, you'll have to wait a few more days."

Spurs Drag themselves back up the table

This weeks events has seen Spurs' Premiership challenge take a positive turn as results start to pick up.

At the end of last week Spurs had played 11 won just 3, drawn 2 and lost 6. Not the start new manager James Cale had wanted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After 11 games i had a sit down and thought long and hard about what was going on. Performances were very up and down but one thing was quite clear and that was that we were conceeding to many goals. That was first on the list of to do's. Next was to get the squad fully fit, i was working with all the coaches and Tord Grip as i felt we werent quite up to the way i wanted to play fitness wise. So things changed a little in training and we started to see the benefits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Results so far:

Bolton 1-1 (h)

Southampton 1-2 (a)

Blackburn 0-2 (h)

Crystal Palace 4-0 (a)

Birmingham 2-0 (h)

Liverpool 0-2 (a)

Chelsea 1-1 (a)

Leyton Orient 4-0 (h) LC 2nd Rd

West Brom 1-2 (a)

Man Utd 1-4 (a)

Portsmouth 2-1 (h)

Norwich 2-3 (a)

After the first week Spurs changed formation from the 4-1-3-2 they started with to a 4-1-2-1-2. Their first match went according to plan.

Spurs 1-0 Newcastle

Andy Reid bagged the winner as we got a good start to the new week. Things looked promising as we got a deserved clean sheet.

Aston Villa 2-0 Spurs LC 3rd Rd

Disaster strikes as we crash out of the League Cup at the 3rd round stage. An error in judgement by Cale as he puts out a 2nd XI that wasnt up to the job. Morale is low after this and has a detrimental affect on the squad.

Boro' 3-1 Spurs

Si's temas are always hard to beat and it proved so in this game. They dominated the first half but we never gave up. The second half was 1 way traffic as we looked for the equaliser. We got it through Sean Davis and we tried hard but 2 breakaway goals saw our demise. We did not deserve to lose the game let alone lose it 3-1 but i was pleased by our performance.

Spurs 1-2 Charlton

Again a great performance but no result. Defoe's goal was in vain as we struggled to convert chances and let in silly goals. But we dominated them and deserved more, yet again. But still no points.

Aston Villa 1-1 Spurs

Finally some reward in a close match. We didnt dominate this one, far from it and hung in there at the end. But was pleased with a point after a battling display. Mido grabbed our equaliser.

Spurs 0-0 Everton

A dull game as both defences came out on top - not one for the scrap book but at least we were getting some points.

Fulham 2-2 Spurs

High flying Fulham were up next as we battled all the way to grab a deserved draw. Freiheim Holm and Mido were our scorers as we came from behind twice to share the spoils. Not only a good point but performance wise it was top drawer. Could we be turning a corner here.....

Spurs 3-3 Arsenal

A cracking game for the neutral but heartache for Spurs fans. A magnificent first half display saw us go 3-0 up with goals from Mido (2) and Carrick. We dominated and it should have been more. The second half though was even more bizarre as 4 Arsenal shots on goal saw them claw their way back to 3-3 inc a 90th minute equaliser. Despite their 3 goals we had numerous chances but couldnt kill the game off. Devasted we didnt get the win but we gave the unbeaten leaders a good fight.

Man City 1-0 Spurs

Difficult to raise ourselves after the Arsenal game but we gave it a go. Despite going 1-0 down and with City being the better side first half we turned it around. The second half was all Spurs but we just couldnt put away a chance. Right until the final minutes we were creating but the goal never came. We deserved a draw but once again i couldnt fault the performance.

Bolton 2-1 Spurs

The last game of Tuesdays session and it was a bad way to finish. Although dominating chances we were once again punished and couldnt get back into the game. It left morale down as despite Simon Davies' first goal of the season we went down with a whimper in the 2nd half.

Those were the results up until tonights session. Can Spurs turn performances into points? Well having just finished the session i can say it gets very interesting indeed, watch this space.

Connection seems fine now. Gonna be testing the 5.0.5 patch after work tonight and if all good then we will all patch to that in time for Mondays session.

As most of you probably know now jimmy is gonna be stepping down from hosting for a while so therefore im gonna be the new host. Also my reports to be done either later tonight or tommorow dont forget yours icon_smile.gif

Have now recieved the game file off jimmy next session monday usual times meet in chatroom remember reports (still got to do mine been lazy this weekend icon_smile.gif) and dont forget to all update to 5.0.5 patch by clicking on the link above.

Here are both the current tables where everyone stands.

Premiership

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Arsenal | | 25 | 19 | 4 | 2 | 67 | 18 | +49 | 61 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Man Utd | | 25 | 17 | 4 | 4 | 54 | 21 | +33 | 55 |

| 3rd | | Chelsea | | 25 | 15 | 8 | 2 | 43 | 17 | +26 | 53 |

| 4th | | Blackburn | | 25 | 13 | 6 | 6 | 38 | 32 | +6 | 45 |

| 5th | | Southampton | | 25 | 14 | 1 | 10 | 38 | 33 | +5 | 43 |

| 6th | | Fulham | | 25 | 11 | 9 | 5 | 47 | 32 | +15 | 42 |

| 7th | | Liverpool | | 25 | 11 | 9 | 5 | 30 | 19 | +11 | 42 |

| 8th | | Newcastle | | 25 | 13 | 1 | 11 | 37 | 29 | +8 | 40 |

| 9th | | Man City | | 25 | 10 | 6 | 9 | 32 | 26 | +6 | 36 |

| 10th | | Charlton | | 25 | 9 | 9 | 7 | 28 | 28 | 0 | 36 |

| 11th | | Tottenham | | 25 | 9 | 6 | 10 | 38 | 34 | +4 | 33 |

| 12th | | Middlesbrough | | 25 | 8 | 7 | 10 | 31 | 41 | -10 | 31 |

| 13th | | Norwich | | 25 | 8 | 4 | 13 | 20 | 36 | -16 | 28 |

| 14th | | Portsmouth | | 25 | 7 | 6 | 12 | 28 | 36 | -8 | 27 |

| 15th | | Everton | | 25 | 6 | 8 | 11 | 21 | 33 | -12 | 26 |

| 16th | | Bolton | | 25 | 5 | 9 | 11 | 24 | 44 | -20 | 24 |

| 17th | | Birmingham | | 25 | 4 | 7 | 14 | 20 | 41 | -21 | 19 |

| 18th | | Crystal Palace | | 25 | 5 | 3 | 17 | 25 | 54 | -29 | 18 |

| 19th | | West Brom | | 25 | 3 | 7 | 15 | 12 | 30 | -18 | 16 |

| 20th | | Aston Villa | | 25 | 2 | 8 | 15 | 10 | 39 | -29 | 14 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

Championship

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Sunderland | | 29 | 17 | 9 | 3 | 43 | 14 | +29 | 60 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Derby | | 29 | 17 | 8 | 4 | 59 | 31 | +28 | 59 |

| 3rd | | Wolves | | 29 | 17 | 8 | 4 | 50 | 22 | +28 | 59 |

| 4th | | Leicester | | 29 | 17 | 6 | 6 | 54 | 28 | +26 | 57 |

| 5th | | Stoke | | 29 | 15 | 8 | 6 | 39 | 25 | +14 | 53 |

| 6th | | Ipswich | | 29 | 13 | 9 | 7 | 51 | 32 | +19 | 48 |

| 7th | | Preston | | 29 | 14 | 5 | 10 | 51 | 46 | +5 | 47 |

| 8th | | Coventry | | 29 | 13 | 7 | 9 | 46 | 42 | +4 | 46 |

| 9th | | Leeds | | 29 | 13 | 6 | 10 | 44 | 38 | +6 | 45 |

| 10th | | Watford | | 29 | 13 | 6 | 10 | 43 | 42 | +1 | 45 |

| 11th | | Wigan | | 29 | 12 | 8 | 9 | 43 | 29 | +14 | 44 |

| 12th | | Q.P.R. | | 29 | 11 | 11 | 7 | 46 | 34 | +12 | 44 |

| 13th | | Nottm Forest | | 29 | 13 | 5 | 11 | 39 | 28 | +11 | 44 |

| 14th | | West Ham | | 29 | 11 | 10 | 8 | 46 | 41 | +5 | 43 |

| 15th | | Reading | | 29 | 10 | 9 | 10 | 38 | 35 | +3 | 39 |

| 16th | | Burnley | | 29 | 9 | 9 | 11 | 42 | 43 | -1 | 36 |

| 17th | | Rotherham | | 29 | 9 | 7 | 13 | 28 | 39 | -11 | 34 |

| 18th | | Millwall | | 29 | 7 | 6 | 16 | 26 | 46 | -20 | 27 |

| 19th | | Crewe | | 29 | 5 | 11 | 13 | 29 | 48 | -19 | 26 |

| 20th | | Sheff Utd | | 29 | 6 | 8 | 15 | 23 | 45 | -22 | 26 |

| 21st | | Gillingham | | 29 | 4 | 10 | 15 | 28 | 45 | -17 | 22 |

| 22nd | | Cardiff | | 29 | 5 | 5 | 19 | 30 | 61 | -31 | 20 |

| 23rd | | Plymouth | | 29 | 2 | 8 | 19 | 20 | 62 | -42 | 14 |

| 24th | | Brighton | | 29 | 1 | 9 | 19 | 21 | 63 | -42 | 12 |

Reports to follow later.......

Hmmmmm is how it all started, a 4-1 loss at Coventry hmmm. But then Fred Patten (Rotherham Boss) thought to himself we 'gotta stop the rot' no in those words, and obviosly he used more profound english icon_rolleyes.gif. After this inspiring talk to his team, his side won their next two games, QPR 1-0 and Gillingham 2-0. Everything was hunky dory at Millmoor and life seemed good. So what has changed????

Not much ii don't think, but thats enough to send Rotherham on a winless run of 8 games. Even someone of Pattens stature and ability was unsure to the answer. Of course, Fred knows that if they continue the run their on it could be as little as 3 games that see them back in the relegatgion zone. Darmehia Sesh, Sky sports.

Rotherhams run of games

A Coventry L 4-1 - The Goat. Didn't have much time to work with the players here so expected really.

H QPR W 1-0 Monkhouse. Brilliant performance by the lads. Fully deserved win.

A Gills W 2-0 Proctor, Mclaren. Good performance again, but the only game where two different scorers have hit the back of the net for me.

H Warford L 3-2, Proctor x2. Very very unlucky, much the better side for most of the game defensive frailties let us down in the last ten.

A Reading L 3-1, The Goat. Played poorly didn't deserve anything really, but The Goat scored against his old club.

A Preston L 4-0, Again outclassed for the second game really, not much else i can say.

H Wolves L 2-1 Proctor. Actually i was very hard done by again. A superb performance by the lads, couldn't have asked for much more.

CUP H Wolves D 0-0. Brilliant performance again, should have won when they went down to 10 men.

A Burnley D 0-0. Paul Brooker and Andrew Davies played out of their skins today, unlucky not to win.

CUP REPLAY!!!!! A Wolves L 2-0. In what had been a busy period where half of the team were knacked i had to rest some of the players, and I paid the price.

H West Ham L 2-1. Very unlucky again, we played superbly but once they brought Sheringham on for the last 20 we didn't stand a chance he was a class above our players.

Transfers In;

Shaun Goater, Reading 1k.

Paul Brooker, Reading 18K.

Andrew Davies, Boro Loan.

Mark Yeates, Spurs Loan.

So with plymouth sitting nicely at the bottom of the championship it was time for me to do something about it and start lifting them up the league before the end of the season comes.

The first game tuesday session was against wolves. Here is how it went

Plymouth 2-2 Wolves

Scorers: Nick chadwick (2)

The game started off great as we went 1 up within minutes of the kick off. Half time then approached and just before the half time whistle they grabbed an equaliser.

2nd half kicks off and near enough the same as the 1st half chadwick gets a 2nd. When it all looks like we are going to secure 3 points they score a late equaliser.

Burnley 3-0 Plymouth

This was a tough game for us it seemed as we got mullered 3-0. With little chances in the whole game i just had to sit back and watch all burnleys chances that they were having and before i knew it we was 3-0 down and game was over.

Plymouth 1-4 West ham

Scorers: Dani

Another pretty poor game as our defence got ripped apart by west ham. Worst loss of the season and too be honest we quite frankly deserved it. We found ourselves 4-0 dont at the half way mark.

2nd half was much better as we put pressure on them and even had a goal disallowed. Although dani scored one it was nothing more than a consolation goal.

Final game of tuesday session now and it was against millwall another hard game for us here is how we did.

Millwall 3-1 Plymouth

Scorers: Chadwick

Another game where the first half was bad but 2nd half we played much better. Little chances in the first half again as we was 2 down within no time.

2nd half then was better but on 70 minutes tony capaldi was dismissed we then conceeded a 3rd and again got nothing more but a consolation goal.

So the season still looking very bleak for plymouth as they find themselves 23rd at this current moment in time. Lets hope they can improve on it.

Last wednesdays session report to follow.........

Spurs Climb out of the depths

After what can only be described as a mdeiocre start Spurs finally got to grips with Premiership life and put a run together that delighted both fans and coaching staff.

Spurs 4-0 Southampton

Mido with 2 goals, Keane and Davies with the others as we clicked for probably only the second time in the league. A great performance.

Blackburn 1-3 Spurs

What a difference a victory makes as we made light work of high flying Rovers and had 2 wins on the bounce. Confidence was high and Mido grabber a brilliant hattrick to confirm his Egyptian magic.

Spurs 2-0 Crystal Palace

And then it was 3, Ricketts with a double that sent the fans home happy as we slowly climbed up the table.

Birmingham 1-3 Spurs

A superb victory away from home again, 4 games won in a row thanks to Ricketts, Keane and Davies goals. The big names are starting to perform now and we are finally looking like a top 10 side.

Everton 1-0 Spurs FA Cup 3rd Rd

Always thought this was a tough draw and it proved correct. After the efforts in the league i couldnt really complain that we were a little flat. Didnt really rise to the occassion and the Toffees wanted it more. The fans were not too happy but i was secretly pleased we could concentrate and dragging ourselves up the league.

Spurs 1-0 Liverpool

What a performance and what a victory. The boys responded well from the cup exit and banished the fans cup disappointment with a great win. I couldnt have asked for more and Ricketts again grabbing the winner in a thoroughly deserved win. Spurs playing with style and now getting their rewards.

End of last weeks session we were up to 11th. Hope we can maintain this run of form as we have won 5 league games in a row and will need to keep this form up if we are to get to our first seasons goal of a top 10 finish.

So start of wednesdays session and still in relegation time to try and actually win some but did it happen.... no icon_smile.gif

First game we was up against brighton and due to some internet problems my assistant took charge and got a 2-2 draw

Next against crewe where we lost 3-0 not much action really except the 3 goals. We got outplayed and crewe deserved the win.

Announcement: Vastic Ivica makes debut

So next up we had cardiff at home and with the new boy set to start it was going to be a great match

If got off to the best possible start as ivica scored on the first minute what a debut!!!!!

They then pull one back moments after. Although my side pressing all the time in this game they cant get a late winner and the score stays 1-1.

Worse still ivcia gets injured late in the game aswell as freund and buzaksy.

Next came a hammer blow as we got our asses kicked 6-0 too be precise by derby county.

I really didnt expect this and it left me thinking we are going down after it ended.

3 goals were scored in the first half and 3 in the 2nd to continue our really bad spell in the championship.

Without a win in something like 12 games we really needed one in the cup against stockport and we got it icon_smile.gif.

It wasnt an easy task though as we actually went 1 down early on. But 2nd half brang a lot of luck as we was all over them like a swarm of bee's and it paid off as ivica grabbed a goal and craig pead grabs the winner.

Next up leicester what an entertaining game this was as there was plenty of goals in it 6 in total. Got off to a bad start though as we went 1 down we then manage to equalise then go 2-1 up.

But then we conceed a stupid own goal to make it 2-2.

2nd half and paul wotton scores off a freekick to take us into the lead but a late goal ruins that.

Next was the next round of the fa cup and we met mikes wigan.

Despite how well my team played mikes wigan just managed to edge it by scoring 2 goals to our 1.

We went 1 down to a penalty early on which was a bit unlucky.

Then my side got awarded a corner and the head of hasney aljofree managed to hit the ball in the top right corner to equalise just before half time.

Then 2nd half brought another goal again off a corner but this time for mikes wigan.

The end of the game came and i was generally pleased as we played some good football was a great match to watch icon_smile.gif

Final game of the session came and because of people getting kicked from the server for some weird reason so i only got to play a little bit of the game myself. My assistant finished it off.

Started off pretty bad going 1 down then had a player sent off but then i got cut off.

Came back and found out we drew 1-1 with ivica scoring icon_smile.gif

More reports to come when more sessions have been played so until now thats it lets hope plymouth survive the drop but either way its gonna be very hard to.

good session tonight again as usual everyone turning up except for the few that had reasons also getting through 8 games with me hosting for first time and me winning a league game finally who would of thought that i certainly wouldnt of icon_biggrin.gif report to come tommorow

Boro behind the times?

what a frustraing couple of sessions it has been, finally managed to offload a couple more players (southgate, parlour) so wage bill is coming down, but with vid and jimmy still at the club the bill is still too high.

january proved a great month on the signing front with scott parker and cesar carignano joining and things looked good.

then the first game they all play, both downing and bierofka get injured so all service dried up for carignano. those two get back from injury then carignano and riordan get injured along with riggott.

still season isnt all doom and gloom, safe from relegation (europe through league is unlikely unless i win last 9 games) fa cup 1/4 final to come

boro's form has been very strange, best away record out of the human managers but worst home record (only 3 in the league all season) with players coming back to fitness (only got riggott (2 weeks more) and bertleson(5months)) boro are looking to push on to try and claim the top half finish they should have, and to try and reach the fa cup final

planning for next season is already underway, need to offload vid, jimmy and mendi, several bosmans lined up and need to find another dmc and dc (you know who i want aida go on, i will swap vid jimmy and mendi for him icon_wink.gif)

anyway, like boro in real life, its all a bit flat around the club, just hope to finish season off on a good run

Monday 21st Session

Well the session began and like most sessions my team was hanging around the bottom 3 and having a great time. With poor quality football being played and injuries galore it really wasnt looking like a good season for me. Least one thing was safe though and thats my job.................for now icon_smile.gif

So opening game of the session was against sheffield united here is how it went.

Plymouth 3-3 Sheff Utd

Scorers: Chadwick, Doumbe (pen), Lasley

So starting game of the session and as usual got off to a bad start as we conceed an early goal from a freekick. But straight after nick chadwick equalised. Then 30 minutes came and they got a 2nd and took the lead again.

Half time approached and on 40 minutes one of my players got brought down in the area. Up stepped doumbe to take the penalty which he relished and scored to make it 2-2.

A few half time changes needed to be made and one of those which seemed like it paid off was marino keith coming on.

The 2nd half began and a few minutes after the subs were made marino keith scored just a shame it was disallowed.

Seconds later and keith lasley manages to net a 3rd goal for the team but moments before the final whistle on the 88th minute to be precise they grab an equaliser and the final score is 3-3 with Nick Chadwick getting man of the match.

Stoke 0-0 Plymouth

This was probably one of the most boring games i've ever played as it was over so quick as very little action.

The highlight of the game was when it finished and Romain Larriou got man of the match icon_smile.gif.

Plymouth 2-2 Rotherham

Scorers: Gudjohnsen, Scott Taylor

With freds assistant in charge for this game instead of him i knew this was gonna be much harder than playing him myself. It got off to a great start for us as on 15 mins we went one up.

5 minutes later and we went 2 up. This seemed like it was gonna go our way and give us the 3 points but i was wrong.

27 minutes the game took a turn for the worse as they pulled a goal back. Little more action in first half as the half time whistle was blown.

2nd half kicked off and Scott Taylor picked up a minor injury. The game was coming to a close then when suprise suprise another late goal which gave us another draw.

Sunderland 2-1 Plymouth

Scorers: Ivica Vastic

Another game which got off to a great start as we scored on the 6th minute. Sunderland were playing so well and dominating the game just my keeper managed to keep so many shots out of the goal in the first half that it stayed 1-0 to us.

2nd half kicked off and again we were being outplayed fully and my keeper pulling off blinding saves still but then they finally manage to equalise then get a 90th minute penalty and slot that home to win 2-1.

Nevertheless Romain Larriou still got man of the match which was well deserved.

Leeds 4-0 Plymouth

After the morale sinking defeat against sunderland along came another one. First half we didnt do too bad as went 1 down on 42 minutes aswell as taylor and capladi both recieving yellow cards and went into half time 1-0 down recoverable.

2nd half and capaldi gets shown a 2nd yellow card to take us down to 10 men. Then the unbelievable happens as they score an 88th minute goal then 2 90 minute goals to make the score a lot worse than just 1-0.

Plymouth 0-0 Wigan

A game against mikes assistant now and was again one of those with very little happening. Too be honest nothing happened that i can remember of except doumbe receiving man of the match award.

Plymouth 1-0 Notts Forest

Scorers: Scott Taylor

Without a win in over 14 league games i really didnt expect to win this one. Although didnt really help much and kept us in relegation it was still nice to see that my team was capable of actually winning against someone.

The game kicked off as all games do and with very little action in the first half the half time whistle was blown.

2nd half kicked off and on 65 minutes scott taylor scores. With a couple of tactical changes before the match testing something out Ivica Vastic was now playing in the midfield role.

60 minutes approaches and Romain Larriou comes off injured. This was a major blow for us. So time for the sub keeper to come on.

Luckily it stayed 1-0 to us as we recorded our first in what seemed like a lifetime of games.

Larriou got man of the match even though he got injured on the 60th minute.

Coventry 1-0 Plymouth

I knew it was too good to be true as after our win we sank to yet another defeat this time at the hand of coventry.

Game started off well and we looked favourites to take the led but 45 minutes came and they did instead.

With my team putting on loads of pressure the 2nd half i really thought my team was going to score least 1 goal or more but the score stayed at 1-0 as we ended the session poorly/

With 9 games left of the season after this mondays sessions and my team in 23rd place we looked certain to be going down into league one this was later confirmed in yesterdays session which i will report on later icon_smile.gif

Baggies Season Review

Well it had been an up and down season, mainly down. We managed to put some good form together in the second half of the season, which gave us a fighting chance of avoiding relgation, which didn't look too likely before christmas.

It was obvious that the relgation dogfight would go to the last game of the season. There 3 possible teams that could go down, us, Birmingham, and Everton. We needed Blues, and the Toffees to get a worse result than us.

We were playing Crystal Palace, another team that ahd been fighting for their survival earlier on in the season. Our match was going brilliantly, we were winning 1-0, until the 81st minute, when Palace punced and got an equaliser. But at this stage it was ok as Everton and Blues were losing. Survival was within touching distance.

Of course being WBA nothing comes that easily, and rather unsuprisingly Blues got an 89th minute equaliser, keeping them 1 point above us, which left them 17th, and us 18th.

Even though the board expected relegation, i dont think they expected the club to come so close to survival.

Championship football next season, at least we'll get the chance to play the Wolves. And if we don't challenge for this division all the way through, changes will be made. This season will be useful, hopefully securing the clubs finances, and getting together a good enough team to survive in the premiership the following season.

So follow on from my last report well where to start really. My team found a little bit of form this session due to a new formation i decided to try out of mine.

Still it wasnt enough to prevent my plymouth side from getting relegated from the championship although we did finish in 22nd position instead of 23rd where we were for most of the season before hand.

Here is how all the game results went that was played in this session.......

Tuesday 22nd march session

i did actually have all results from this session but seemed to of lost them icon_biggrin.gif only one i can remember is the final game of the season beating crewe 1-0 to secure that 22nd place and still go down.

One session where i actually win some games i end up losing the data im great icon_smile.gif

Anyway a whole season review of everyones team to come aswell as the final league tables for the season will be posted up here enjoy your weekend all and remember your reports next session monday usual times icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razor123:

so has the season finished? if so where did city finish please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

10th bud - 1 place behind Spurs icon_razz.gificon14.gif

[Lee Owens - Plymouth Argyle

well then lee was consistant as usual, consistantly bad icon_biggrin.gif ended up getting relegated to league 1. whilst many thought this could happen, to be fair to lee he wasnt helped by having the worst manager sorry meant to say having his best striker injured for all bar 6 games (and in those 6 games he managed to win 5 and draw 1) and that ultmiately cost them their place in the championship

James Cale - Tottenham Hotspur

big reputation in the cm series, will feel dissapointed with lowly league placing (by his standards and the squad he had available). main problem for jimmy was his strikers just not putting it away enough, consistantly creating chances but missing loads. intertoto place for him so hopefully a long uefa run. and top finishers out of the humans

Stevey Toner - Birmingham City

stevey managed to stay fairly alert all the season, unfortunately he was in a relegation scrap all season, big battle with aida's west brom which he won with last minute goal in last game of season to keep himself up. board were pressing him towards end of the season mind so pressure on again

Mike Law - Wigan Athletic

mike missed last couple of sessions which undoubtedly cost him any chance of promotion, but he has a good set up and i reckon he will enjoy battling for the championship title with aida

Joey Briggs - Aston Villa

joey is another to have struggled in the top flight, indeed he was the first sacking of the season when he was dumped after struggling to get any results. still not with a new team, he found it difficult to get anything going because of his dodgy connection

Aida Connolly- WBA

unlucky aida, you were robbed in the last match, conceeding a late equaliser then having stevey's brum score in injury time to send him into the championship.

Ant Banach - Portsmouth

ant surprised me, out of all the human managers (we all struggled this year) he performed nearest to where i would have expected pompey to finish. a good run in fa cup to the semi final was the highlight of his season, a league finish of 12th respectability.

Simon White - Manchester City

simon started off on fire, and was the highest placed human until the last round of matches. obviously a talented manager (the only human to beat boro in the league) did well after culling his squad early on

Fred - Reading

well fred rejoined part way through the season and to be fair to him, he kept reading up, not much more on fred as that was all he could do when he took over

me - boro

has to be said i was dissapointed with what i had this year, 11th place in league, fa cup semi but just a poor defence. for some reason i couldnt win a game at home (only 5 in league all season) and only the fact that i won most of my games against the other human managers kept me out of the relegation fight. a big need to strengthen squad for next season where hopes of returning to europe need to be met

overall, this was for me the best and worst season i have had online, best as noone ran away with the league, worst as boro played poorly, cant wait for season 2

Boro Strengthen in depth

boro have used the close season to sign quality players for every position, except gk where they are as strong as they can be.

dl olivier bernard

dr german u21 int (cant remember name)

dc delano hill ( a signing that pleased the board who wanted a big name)

amc rlc andrea gasbarroni

dmc freddy guarin (last minute signing just ahead of jimmy)

m rlc karadeniz gokdeniz

am rl mario santana

fc nihat

fc hernan crespo (permit permitting)

all of these cost a combined 5m which whilst leaving boro stretched on wages means that i can now run 2 teams in the top flight with cover for all except for the central defenders (although 2 signings lined up for next season in central defence)

preseason has went well, now with no europe to distract the team, we need to get off to a flyer to maintain the squads confidence

SEASON 2 PREDICTIONS

b]Lee Owens - Plymouth Argyle[/b]

now i usually wind lee up saying how poor he is, and whilst that is true, i actually believe he will get promoted (providing plymouth dont sack hm first), he has a decent squad for league 1, perhaps a bit lacking quality out wide and a refusal to use loans (even though they are free). if his iraki fires (goals not bullets) he should do well

James Cale - Tottenham Hotspur

i was surprised by how jimmy did last season, a lot depends on how he performs in the intertoto, if he does well, i think that the extra games both in that and in the uefa will leave his squad tired and mid table could happen again. if he doesnt get through intertoto, i can even see a champions league place challenge

prem 8th uefa cup 1/4s league cup 4th round fa cup 5th round

Stevey Toner - Birmingham City

stevey needs to start well or he will be looking for a new club. if he stays at brum, he will not have another relegation fight

prem 12th league cup 4th round fa cup 3rd round

Mike Law - Wigan Athletic

no doubting this, mike will get promoted this season if he is there for the sessions, not expecting much from the cups unless he gets lucky with the draws

championship 2nd league cup 3rd round fa cup 4th round

Joey Briggs - Aston Villa

joey will find a new job

Aida Connolly- WBA

Straight back up to the premiership for aida possibly as champions, dont think he will be bothered by the cups, may have a run for league cup though. just keep my new defender free from injury icon_wink.gif

championship winner league cup 1/4s fa cup 4th round

Ant Banach - Portsmouth

think it will be hard for ant to have a better season than last year even if braaten stays fit, an outsider for a final place in one of the cups

prem 13th league cup semi round fa cup 3rd round

Simon White - Manchester City

i can see simon having a good season, capable of challenging for uefa place not quite strong enough squad to challenge for champions league place. think he will win league cup

prem 6th league cup winners fa cup 4th round

Fred - Reading

fred will have to settle for mid table security at best, i can see him falling into a relegation fight if not careful, but unlike lee, fred likes to loan players and this will help keep him up

championship 16th league cup 4th round fa cup 5th round

me - boro

a better season than last year, challenge for uefa place is on the cards, will need to keep all players fully fit to challenge for 4th, another cup run on the cards, hopefully in fa cup

prem 5th league cup 5th round fa cup winners

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razor123:

any t&t done yet for new season?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game stopped on the 2nd of august last night so there is still time to do t+t mondays session icon_smile.gif

Here are the final league tables for season 1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Premiership

| 1st | C | Man Utd | | 38 | 27 | 5 | 6 | 81 | 25 | +56 | 86 |

| 2nd | | Chelsea | | 38 | 24 | 9 | 5 | 67 | 27 | +40 | 81 |

| 3rd | | Arsenal | | 38 | 23 | 10 | 5 | 90 | 34 | +56 | 79 |

| 4th | | Liverpool | | 38 | 21 | 12 | 5 | 56 | 24 | +32 | 75 |

| 5th | | Blackburn | | 38 | 18 | 11 | 9 | 58 | 51 | +7 | 65 |

| 6th | | Southampton | | 38 | 20 | 4 | 14 | 57 | 49 | +8 | 64 |

| 7th | | Newcastle | | 38 | 19 | 6 | 13 | 63 | 46 | +17 | 63 |

| 8th | | Fulham | | 38 | 16 | 12 | 10 | 62 | 47 | +15 | 60 |

| 9th | Jimmy | Tottenham | | 38 | 13 | 12 | 13 | 52 | 44 | +8 | 51 |

| 10th | Razor | Man City | | 38 | 13 | 12 | 13 | 45 | 38 | +7 | 51 |

| 11th | Si | Middlesbrough | | 38 | 13 | 9 | 16 | 46 | 65 | -19 | 48 |

| 12th | Ant | Portsmouth | | 38 | 12 | 10 | 16 | 43 | 56 | -13 | 46 |

| 13th | | Charlton | | 38 | 11 | 12 | 15 | 37 | 47 | -10 | 45 |

| 14th | | Bolton | | 38 | 11 | 10 | 17 | 46 | 63 | -17 | 43 |

| 15th | | Norwich | | 38 | 11 | 5 | 22 | 30 | 64 | -34 | 38 |

| 16th | | Crystal Palace | | 38 | 9 | 8 | 21 | 41 | 72 | -31 | 35 |

| 17th | Stevey| Birmingham | | 38 | 6 | 13 | 19 | 29 | 56 | -27 | 31 |

| 18th | Aida | West Brom | | 38 | 6 | 12 | 20 | 29 | 50 | -21 | 30 |

| 19th | R | Everton | | 38 | 6 | 12 | 20 | 29 | 59 | -30 | 30 |

| 20th | R | Aston Villa | | 38 | 2 | 14 | 22 | 16 | 60 | -44 | 20 |

Championship

| 1st | C | Sunderland | | 46 | 26 | 14 | 6 | 80 | 41 | +39 | 92 |

| 2nd | P | Leicester | | 46 | 26 | 8 | 12 | 88 | 52 | +36 | 86 |

| 3rd | Pl | Derby | | 46 | 23 | 13 | 10 | 84 | 53 | +31 | 82 |

| 4th | Pl | Wolves | | 46 | 23 | 13 | 10 | 79 | 49 | +30 | 82 |

| 5th | Pl | Leeds | | 46 | 23 | 11 | 12 | 80 | 53 | +27 | 80 |

| 6th | Pl | Stoke | | 46 | 21 | 16 | 9 | 55 | 39 | +16 | 79 |

| 7th | | Coventry | | 46 | 22 | 11 | 13 | 67 | 61 | +6 | 77 |

| 8th | | Ipswich | | 46 | 20 | 12 | 14 | 70 | 56 | +14 | 72 |

| 9th | | Q.P.R. | | 46 | 19 | 14 | 13 | 67 | 49 | +18 | 71 |

| 10th | | Nottm Forest | | 46 | 20 | 11 | 15 | 58 | 40 | +18 | 71 |

| 11th | | Preston | | 46 | 21 | 7 | 18 | 72 | 67 | +5 | 70 |

| 12th | | Wigan | | 46 | 17 | 15 | 14 | 58 | 45 | +13 | 66 |

| 13th | | Reading | | 46 | 17 | 14 | 15 | 57 | 51 | +6 | 65 |

| 14th | | Watford | | 46 | 18 | 11 | 17 | 71 | 75 | -4 | 65 |

| 15th | | West Ham | | 46 | 16 | 16 | 14 | 64 | 59 | +5 | 64 |

| 16th | | Burnley | | 46 | 15 | 13 | 18 | 60 | 62 | -2 | 58 |

| 17th | | Cardiff | | 46 | 14 | 12 | 20 | 54 | 72 | -18 | 54 |

| 18th | | Rotherham | | 46 | 14 | 11 | 21 | 45 | 62 | -17 | 53 |

| 19th | | Millwall | | 46 | 12 | 12 | 22 | 46 | 63 | -17 | 48 |

| 20th | | Gillingham | | 46 | 9 | 15 | 22 | 48 | 66 | -18 | 42 |

| 21st | | Sheff Utd | | 46 | 9 | 14 | 23 | 40 | 70 | -30 | 41 |

| 22nd | R | Plymouth | | 46 | 7 | 14 | 25 | 35 | 81 | -46 | 35 |

| 23rd | R | Crewe | | 46 | 7 | 12 | 27 | 41 | 88 | -47 | 33 |

| 24th | R | Brighton | | 46 | 2 | 13 | 31 | 30 | 95 | -65 | 19 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

Season review to follow and my season 2 predictions in a bit icon_smile.gif

Our first season finished in the FMELClan and what a first season it was here is the review.

Season 1 Review

Well after an exciting first season on FM with no one running away with any league title and too be honest most managers struggling and finding it hard to get that all important winning formation here are some of the most memorable moments that happened in the season.

Razors superb start to managing Man City which made them into a winning side for the first time in donkeys years. It soon changed though as his side started to lose more and more still managed to finish in a respectable position 10th in the premiership.

Simon Murphy's assistant losing 7-0 to arsenal what a joy that was to watch for many just a shame it wasnt simon in control at the time icon_smile.gif. A rather average season in the end finishing 11th after finding some form and going on a winning streak of 2 games at the end of the season.

Ant managed to achieve what is too be considered as a proud position finishing 12th with his portsmouth side also managing to stay in the FA Cup until the semi final where he was only just knocked out by Arsenal (The cheating bastards).

Jimmy didnt win anything for the first time in the clan. Still managed to finish in the highest place out of all the managers but went out of all the cups in the very early stages.

Then it comes down to me as usual brought some players i thought to be good then turned out to be crap and do nothing. Injuries gallore stopped me from achieving a decent position in the championship and as a result got relegated although formation change towards end of season improved my results but end of the day just wasnt to be.

Riccardo's Sheff Utd just managed to narrowly avoid the drop from the championship. Still due to viruses on his comp his assistant took charge for most of the season.

Mike Law was another victim of the dreaded computer viruses but still his assistant managed to secure him a decent 12th place in the championship.

Fred managed to save his beloved rotherham from the drop only just. Joining just before half way through the season he took over them in a bad position and finished with them in a bad but safe position.

Joey maybe a little unlucky to have got sacked but still least someone got sacked before i did icon_smile.gif. Didnt really play too many games because of his dodgy connection lets hope it improves for the coming season

Then comes aida good things were expected of his wba side due to the previous clan game but it wasnt to be as stevey's Birmingham side pipped his side to the post on the last day of the season just managing to stay up bit harsh on aida really but anything happens in football.

Last but not least stevey had taken on probably the 2nd worst club out of all other human managers managing premiership teams and had a narrow escape just managing to keep them in the premiership for next season.

So another season to come and a lot more is expected from everyone as im sure the board will be looking to fire more people in this coming season one of them probably me icon_smile.gif So i'd like to wish all the managers good luck for the 2nd season i know im gonna need it

premfinaldayresults1bz.jpg

Probably the most nervous day ever as it was the final day of the premiership and as you can see Steveys birmingham and Aida's wba both draw but stevey just manages to stay up by scoring a late goal and aida conceeding a late one icon_frown.gif

Also although jimmy and simon white were both not in control of their teams at the time jimmys assistant just manages to beat simon whites assistant and climb above him in the table

After taking over as manager off portsmouth i knew it was going to be an uphill task first season to mentain a respectable league position with Portsmouths ageing squad & low budget available for players & wages.

With nobody intrested in none of the fringe players on high wages i was unable to bring in anything special.

Two new strikers were needed as i am playing 4-3-3

also 2 new centre back were needed to replace the ageing other two.

Signings

Michael Brown was the first signing for Portsmouth a £1.5m signing from Tottenham, later raising to £2.0m after 30 appearances (done pretty well first season)

Marcus Bent signed for 800k from the Toffee's. Added as the 3rd striker, unfortunately finding himself on the bench towards the end of the season.

David Rozehnal a solid Young centre back signed for 200k from Club Brugge, already replaced De Zeeuw. Done a great job so far impressing loads!

Giovanni Cacciatare Young, Talented and from Belguim, one for the future, already played a handful of games coming of the bench this season.

Carlos Martins Portugese Central Midfielder, added for depth, a very solid player, having problems settling in, hopefully these problems will be resolved next season.

André Marques Reccomended by Lee, so was dubious at first, but after taking the risk im sure it has paid off, great stats for a young lad, played a couple of first team games for us, already assisting 2 goals, loaned to QPR for experience, after rejecting Lee's plymouth.

Daniel Braaten the King to my Chess Board, nicked him from Rosenborg for £1.3m just ahead of Simon's Boro. Already my key player, hope he stays fit for the forth coming season.

Martijn Monteyne another young Belgian lad, again had a few hours of experience coming off the bench a few times, possibly one for the future, although added for £20k for squad depth.

Joshua Vermooten A young English Boy signed from Leeds for £45k started one game, very impressive stats for a young boy aswell, expecting big things from this Guy in a couple of years.

Two very experienced players have been added to the Portsmouth squad on Free Transfers

Cairo Ellery A right winger signed from Freiburg, was missing a Right Sided Midfielder last season, hopefully this guy will solve my problems.

Sunday Oliesh Very excited of the prospect of this guy leading my Portsmouth defence, a possible candidate for the teams captain next season, brought in from Dortmund.

Unfortunately... Patrick Berger decided to to reject our offer of a new contract and join Everton on a free, possibly the most influencial player last season, hope he enjoys it in the English Championship icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by royalman:

They're have been some misgivings here in this thread. icon_biggrin.gif A) I manage Rotherham LOL. and support Reading. Unlike as previosly suggesting in this thread. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry fred my mistake, you did manage to stay up so i got something right, and prediction for next season stands

Just to let everyone know due to this coming monday being easter monday i am unfourtunately working so session will have to be canncelled icon_frown.gif.

However tuesdays and wednesdays are still on usual times and if everyone agrees we can have a thursday session also instead of the monday one thats cancelled icon_smile.gif

Archived