Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Session went very well tonight just a little bit of news

12 Banners are most near enough definately going to be made during this coming weekend for everyone to use for team reports when they are posted. 1 banner for each member of course icon_smile.gif

Also the website banner is going to be up later today so be sure to check that out on the clan website

Also i'll do my report tommorow before session as im pretty tired at this precise moment icon_smile.gif

Quiet Pre-Season as we ease into new Season

All in all a great session last night, all of pre-season done without any glitches. Even managed 1 Prem game as well.

Spurs Appoint Unknown Welshman

After Martin Jol disappeared back to clog land, the air of despondency increased at White Hart Lane as the Spurs board, in a cost cutting move, appointed James Cale as their new manager. Cale was a surprise choice for many and even admitted later in a press conference that it too surprised him

Yes it was quite a shock to get the call from Frank, i was not expecting it all. Especially since i didnt even apply. But these things i believe are meant to be and i just go with the flow. I know im the cheapest manager in the Premier League now but who cares.

Fans staged a mini protest before the hurried press conference, some more vocal than others. Dan from Essex said "who the **** is this guy? what the **** does he think he is doing? where the **** is all the big names?? we are well and truly ****ed." Others though were slightly more optimistic. June from West London said "He seems quite keen, need someone to come in a shake them up. Being Welsh as well id expect some Pride Passion and Hwyl to whip these fancy dan's into shape"

Cale did not shy away from the limelight, infact the conference actually went 2 hrs over schedule as he talked about anything from "why it always rains when you get the stuff to wash your car out from the shed" and "Why doesnt anybody suspect that woman from Murder She Wrote? Everywhere she goes someone dies".

He was most scathing about other shock appointements during the summer. Describing Newcastle's appointment of Ben Crawford as "like cutting off your testicles to p*ss off the wife" and he described Simon Murphy's appointment at Boro as "A kick in the teeth for young people".

Whatever your thoughts about him, Cale seems to have an air of invincibility about him. He talked up Spurs chances this year and ridiculed those who doubt his and the teams ability.

Dont get me wrong, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal are ahead of us at the moment. But that gap is slipping by the hour. With a little bit of luck we could find ourselves having Spurs' best season for a while. The backbone of the team is already world class - Robinso, King, Carrick and Defoe. 4 British players and the rock behind our team. With the likes of Paranot, Gardner, Davis, Mendes, Simon Davies, Mido and kanoute - you see we have a strong squad.

Cale was also quick to praise his predecessors final purchases.

Hats off to Martin, getting Dawson, Reid and Huddlestone was a major coup. I expect all 3 to be major stars in the future and look forward to having a predominatly British team giving it large in Europe.

Cale finished with a rendition of "Dont look back in Anger", he would later claim this to be his best performance yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shagwell:

"Why doesnt anybody suspect that woman from Murder She Wrote? Everywhere she goes someone dies".

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Shes either the most jinxed women to walk the planet or the best serial killer known to man.

Sweet report jim icon14.gif

Toner slates fans on appointment

Birmingham fans should brace themselves for a rocky season according to new manager Ste Toner. The shock appointment at St Andrews has sent ripples through blue's fans. Toner claims to be one of the new men in football but has ideas that NASA would be jealous of. Although when asked about these new ideas Toner just shrugged his head and disagreed to elaborate. The only comment he had to say was,

"The fans are like pigeons, they circle around but at the end of the day there just full of ****"

Pilgrims appoint Lee Owens to lead them to glory

After much thought and delay plymouth argyle finally decided to sack bobby williamson due to recent poor performances and bring in unknown manager Lee Owens to take his position.

The plymouth board of directors felt this was going to be a little bit of a gamble bringing an unknown manager straight in to manage at this sort of level but were prepared to give the new guy a chance.

Now was the time to sort my team out and strengthen my squad with some good buys.

I managed to aqquire a couple of good players but most of the ones i was hoping to get either rejected the contracts i offered them or didnt get work permits.

Anyway the players that i brought into the squad so far are:

Craig Pead 80k from coventry city.

Steffen Freund on a free

Dani 60k from parede

and got pieter collen joining in the future for 120k from NAC breda.

Im hoping all my new players fit into the team nicely and looking forward to seeing how dani a 20 year old portugueze striker is going to perform on the pitch.

With all the pre season out of the way it was time for the season to begin and what better way to start than have millwall at home.

Plymouth 1-1 Millwall

Scorers: Keith Lasley

A bit of unfourtune in this game as when the game kicked off lee hodges came off straight away with an injury. However things picked themselves up and plymouth had plenty of possession but on the 33 minute they got awarded a penalty. Their striker stepped up and romain lariou pulled off a blinding stop to deny them a goal. Not many more chances after that miss and the half time whistle went.

Only subs that were made was new boy craig pead came on.

The second half got under way and after 10 minutes into it my side went 1-0 up keith lasley scoring a great volley. But as the game went on i could feel my team getting more tired and in the 80th minute conceeding another penalty.

This time though my keeper was unable to prevent it going in and the score changed to 1-1.

After that no more chances the final score ended 1-1.

Then came first away game of the season against mediocre side brighton.

Brighton 2-1 Plymouth

Scorers: Own goal

2nd game of the season and i was looking for either a win or a draw but it didnt happen i got the only scoreline i didnt really want.

As soon as the game kicked off brighton were much quicker on the ball and managed more attempts on goal than what my side did.

With half time approaching i could see that my team wasnt playing too well being 2-0 down so made a couple of changes.

The changes proved valuable as when the second half kicked off my team started to pass the ball much better then came a goal for my team.

2-1 dani's shot defelected into the top corner of the goal shame it went down as an own goal.

From then on not many incidents happened except a couple of yellow cards were issued. The game ended final score 2-1 although nearly managed to get a late equaliser.

Final game of the session now which was another away game this time against the hard opposition cardiff city.

Cardiff 3-0 Plymouth

Although expecting to lose this i was hoping that would only be by one goal although 3-0 wasnt too bad.

The first half was full of loads of action with one red card being shown to keith lasley and 2 goals it was looking like one of those games for my team.

The 2nd half though was a bit better and my players started to pick up and play a bit better even dani nearly scored 2 goals but just couldnt finish them.

As the end approached i was almost certain the final score was going to be 2-0 but the 90th minute came and they managed to add a 3rd.

Thats it til the next session report.

Its oh so quiet

Compared with the usual CM madness in pre-season, the first pre-season with FM went along quietly for Spurs boss James Cale. Only 4 signings were made before the first premiership game, with 2 players departing the club. Cale had this to say

It was never going to be bidding wars and ridiculous wages for me, Spurs have a young exciting squad and with our few recruits i feel we have added to that stature. Maybe if thinks dont go to plan then January could be key but im confident with my squad and they too are confident in me.

Players In

Giovanni Dos Santos - AMC from Barcelona for 425k

Andri Sigporsson - FC for Free

Daniel Freidheim Holm - FLC from Valerenga for 1.7m

Silvio Proto - GK from La Louviere for 2.2m

Players Out

Michael Brown - 1.5m to Portsmouth

Martin Fulop - 150k to Pribram

Cale talked about his first signings as manager and was particularly impressed with Dos Santos.

He is a super little player, young and keen and with bags of skill. I expect him to play 2/3 years in youth or reserve team football but after that with his skill he is bound to be breaking into the first team by 17 or 18. Andri is a legend, hopefully back to his best of 3 or 4 years ago. Great backup to our young strike force. Daniel is one of those young players, gifted and will be a key player before long. Finally Silvio, a great GK who for me will have to work hard to oust Paul Robinson, but will be key in our squad.

decent start for boro, most of the major signings i wanted have arrived, bierofka, kristinsen, johnsen and some good support fullbacks. offloading players like zenden, ugo, nash, job leaving a tidy profit for boro, reduced wages and a younger squad.

season started reasonable, 0-0 home to joey's villa in a game we should have won followed by lucky 1-0 away to abhi's everton (a game we should have lost) so all is well at the riverside!

but then, work makes me have to disappear for a couple of hours and what happens my assistant loses at home to fulham (fulham for gods sake) and then 7-0 to arsenal the only point he got was at simons city (at least still unbeaten against the humans). very low morale squad (not surprised losing to fulham) and 3 away games to come. work is needed

targets of mid table by board will be reached but any higher will depend on which central midfielder i can bring in to tackle and create

watch this space

Rookie Takes Over At Wigan

In a move that has shocked the Wigan supporters, manager Paul Jewel was sacked and replaced by rookie manage Mike law. Paul Jewel, who had been with Wigan for almost 3 years, said "I was shocked to get the phone call from his chairman saying that he felt that the club was in need of a change of personel and whould not be needing me to return to work the next day."

A press conferance was held today to unvail Wigan's new manager Mike Law. Mike Law, who just last week could be found coaching The Enfield Egales u16's in the playing fields behind his house, said "It is no surprise to me that i have been appointed manager of Wigan Athletic. In fact I am very surprised that I was not offered the job sooner. Wigan are a club with a lot of potential, potential that is not being reached quick enough. Dont get me wrong Paul Jewel is a good manager and has done a good job at Wigan, But there comes a time when change is needed. I have been give financial backing by the board and I plan to spend the money that I have been given."

Fan are not happy with the boards decison to sack Paul Jewel, a faverite with meny of them, and appointing an unknown manager to replace him only seems to have added to their anger. One fan said, "I think the the board have made a big misstake and will be regreating it when the season starts. Meny of the fans are talking about not renewing their season tickets this year and getting one for the rugby instead."

It is yet to be seen how Mike Law will get as Wigan manager. He seems to be confidant of his ability to manage the club, some might say arrogent. Will Law be able to live up to his pomises and take Wigan to the top? Looks like only time will tell.

Players In

Mark Wilson DMRC from Dundee Utd for 400K

Michael GK Fabre from Seden for 100K

Phillip Gilder AMR Free Transfer

Paolo Acerbis GK from AlbinoLeffe for 600K

Nyron Nosworthy D/DMR from Gillingham for 1.2M

Gael Danic AMLC from Grenoble for 900K

Jon Otsemobor DRC from Liverpool for 400K

Stephen Warnock D/ML from Liverpool for 675K

Maurice Ross D/DMR from Rangers for 75K

Dwight Pezzarossi FLRC Free Transfer

Fredy William Thompson DMLC from Comunicaciones for 150K

Clint Mathis FC Free Transfer

Mbulelo Mabizela D/DMRC free Treansfer

Total spending 4.5M

Resaults so far

Q.P.R home 2.0 Win

Teale and Pezzarossi with the goals and Jackson named man of the match.

Reading away 4.1 Defeat

Ferdinand, Little, Ingimarsson and Owusu scoring for Reading

Roberts scored for Wigan

Gillingham home 1.1 Draw

Byfield scored for Gillingham

Mabizela scored for wigan and Mahon named Man of the match

Preston home 2.0 Win

Roberts scored twice after coming off the bench and F.W.Tompson was named mand of the match

Sunderland home in the league cup 6.1 Win

Ellington scored twice along with goals from Mathis, Bullard, Roberts and an own goal from Thornton. Bullard was named man of the match

Elliot scored a conserlation goal for Sunderland

Wolves away 2.1 Defeat

Sturridge got two goals for wolves

Bullard scored for Wigan

Burnley home 1.1 Draw

Oster scored a pen for burnley

Bullard scored the equalizer for Wigan

Wigan are currently in 14th position.

So 2nd session and after a disappointing first 3 league games i was hoping to improve and get much better results in this session.

First game was against derby at home heres how it went.

Plymouth 1-0 Derby

Scorers: Paul wotton (pen)

Well what can i say couldnt of hoped for a better start to a session. No luck about this game we deserved to win and thats what we did.

The game was a very slow start and with craig pead getting injured within 2 minutes of play it was already time to use up one of the subs.

Lee Hodges came onto replace him and the game kicked off again. A rather good performance in the first half for romain larriou keeping the score at 0-0 when half time approached.

As usual A couple more players came on and a few minutes later we got awarded a penalty and just like in real life paul wotton netted it to claim his first goal of the season.

Was moments away from first league win of the season and as usual the opposition came close to scoring.

Fourtunately we managed to hang on and get a well deserved win which could of easily been 2.

Next we had to make a trip to leicester to face them. I was dreading this game as leicester were already in 1st place and looking good.

Leicester City 3-1 Plymouth

Scorers: Marino Keith

Game against the leaders was about to start and after a couple of team changes before game we was ready to kick off.

The game started off in my favour as we took the lead and went 1-0 up on 8 minutes into the game.

Leicester being 1 down obviously didnt affect them as they got an equaliser just moments after.

Then half time approached and just before the interval leicester took the lead and made it 2-1.

This set the game up for an exciting 2nd half bit of a shame it wasnt.

However it didnt take long before leicester got another goal and moments later keith lasley was shown his 2nd red card of the season.

League cup 3rd round next against cambridge. although the favourites for this cup games dont usually go very well for me however this one did for once icon_smile.gif

Announcement Plymouth today sign 26 year old striker Marius Ebbers from 1 FC Koln for a fee of 50k.

League cup 3rd round Plymouth 2-1 Cambridge

Scorers: Marino Keith, Scott Taylor

A game which started off very well as marino keith got an opener on 2 minutes into the game.

From then on we really controlled the game for first time this season.

As things were looking good in the first half got struck by an injury which annoyed me a little as new signing marius ebbers hobbled off the pitch.

2nd half kicks off and get off to a great start again going 2-0 through scott taylor.

Still pressuring cambridge loads and unlucky to not score a couple more but for one second my teams defence get caught napping and conceed a late goal to make it 2-1.

I thought they were going to pull it back to 2-2 at some point but we managed to hold on and knock them out of the league cup with marino keith getting man of the match.

Next round we face southampton much tougher opposition.

Back to the league next as we faced high flying ipswich town in 3rd place knew this was gonna be a very hard game and expected to lose and thats exactly what we did.

Plymouth 0-3 Ipswich Town

Very tough game this was as we hardly got any possession at all.

Fair play to ipswich though as they didnt give us any chances and didnt show any weaknesses at the back.

Not a very entertaining first half as only 1 goal was scored by them and little chances from my team.

The 2nd half was a bit more exciting though as they got another 2 goals straight after one another.

But then romain larriou recieved an injury so it was time to give mccormick his first run of the season even if it was only as a sub.

A clean sheet for him but overall probably worst performance of the season so far.

Last game of the session now as we had sheffield united away.

Another pretty high flying side early on so knew my side was in for a tough match.

Sheffield United 2-1 Plymouth

Scorers: Dani

A game which marked dani's first ever goal for plymouth which was partly down to the fact i switched his position before the game started.

A pretty steady first half where we dominated for most of it and could of sealed a win early on.

It stayed 1-0 though when half time approached.

2nd half kicked off again my side dominated for most of the half but then 78 minutes approached and they equalised.

Few minutes later not long from the full time whistle being blown they got a winner.

A great performance by all my players just unlucky. Craig pead also claimed his first man of the match award of the season.

So there you have it my plymouth side sitting near relegation early on in the championship but still a very long way to go yet so lets see what happens.

Info

Just to let all members know every wednesday session Jimmy is at work until 9pm. However the game will still be put up on time by jimmys misses and will autosave weekly. Also if game does have a crash or error game will be put back up straight away.

Jimmy will the be back around 9ish and be like usual then icon_smile.gif

Great first week guys good turnouts and a fair few games got through.

Next session monday usual times remember to post all your reports and can i have manager profiles re-submitted when you got time thanks.

Current profiles i recieved are simon whites, steveys and abhi's need everyone elses again thanks.

Current league tables will also be posted on here sometime tommorow aswell as my report.

Also just one more thing Michael Adesola has now been booted out of the clan due to only showing up for 2 hours in 3 sessions if that. From monday onwards fred patten will be rejoining the clan as rotherham in the championship so welcome back fred icon14.gif

Anyways have a good weekend all and chat to ya all monday session icon_smile.gif

so week one has ended, and how are boro doing?

when you left us we needed to work to recover what my assistant had let downthe club against the might of fulham.

well good news, boro have had an excellant wednesday session, remaining unbeaten in winning 5 and drawing 2 (even the assistant got in on the act and beat liverpool on the one game i missed icon_wink.gif)

admittedly two of the wins were against a minor european team in the uefa, but the three league wins have left boro in a very comfortable mid table place (shame about the goal difference mind) and with a chance to put the reserves out in the league cup against ant, things are starting to improve.

on the transfer front, a couple of central defenders are lined up to join in january, with nemeth sold to wolves 1.5m and schwarzer leaving in jan there should be funds to sign another quality player or two, watch this space

ALL CHANGE AT MANCHESTER CITY

On a nice fresh June morning the City chairman calls for a speedy press conference:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dear members of the press I am here today to tell you that we have let Kevin Keegan go and are going to replace him with unknown Simon White, I know this will come as a shock to most if not all of our supporters but I have faith in our new manager, so please give him time and I’m sure he will turn this club around and make us big again so that we can challenge for honours again. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So there you have it Simon White is now the new manager of Manchester City and here is his response to his chairman’s comments:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you Mr Chairman, well first of all I would like to say thank you to the chairman for giving me this chance to manage this great club and to prove that I am the right man for the job.

We do have some good players here but as I do not have a lot of money to spend some of them will have to be sold so that I can build my own team, I know the fans won’t be too happy with me but that’s football I’m afraid.

Now if you don’t mind I must go because I have to check out some top talent, thank you and bye.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 1st day at the office for Simon White was a busy one in the transfer market he knew he had to sell for two reasons:

1. I only have 1.4M to spend

2. To reduce the huge wage bill that we have (about 90K a week over the top)

Here are the transfers for Man.City for the season:

IN’S

Alessio Cerci from Roma for 1.1M

Michael Lamey from PSV for 250K

Karim Benzema from Lyon for 400K

Christian Tiffert from Stuttgart for 2.6M

Massimo Maccarone from Boro for 2M

Joleon Lescott from Wolves for 1M (Bargain)

John Welsh from Liverpool for 2.5M

Maciej Zurawski from Wisla for 2.6M (Top Man, Joined end of August,soon to be named god)

Dean Richards from Spurs for free (Another Bargain)

OUT’S

Kevin Stuhr-Ellegaard to Arsenal for 475K

Mikkel Bishhoff to Arsenal for 900K

Shaun Wright- Phillips to Newcastle for 8.5M (He Had To Go)

Sylvain Distin to Charlton for 1.3M

Jon Macken to Lecce for 2M (sold at end of August)

So there we have all the in’s and out’s for man city for now (I’m skint) unless I can generate some more cash there will be no more spending.

Season 2004/05

Game 1

Man.Utd Away Lost 1-0

Att: 67,846

So the people at the FA really liked me when doing the fixtures for the season, pairing me up against Man.Utd away 1st game of the season, could not get a tougher start.

So as the game gets under way as expected man utd are doing all the early pressing.

As HT draws nearer we seem to be holding our own quite well.

But 7 mins into the 2nd half and a strike from Alan Smith settles this game.

Although we were over run at times I was quite pleased with the overall performance.

Game 2

Portsmouth Home Won 1-0

Att: 42,916

So the 1st home game of the new season saw Ant’s Portsmouth come to the City of Manchester Stadium.

In what turned out to quite an even match it was decided by Maccarone’s 1st goal for his new club with a header from a Joey Barton cross.

Game 3

Norwich Away Won 2-0

Att: 20,000

This was an early relegation battle according to the media.

The 1st half was non-eventful.

But on 72 mins S.McManaman gets his 1st goal for city, and on 91 Jon Macken makes it 2-0 and rounds off a good win for city

Up to 6th in EPL

Game 4

Newcastle Home Draw 0-0

Att: 47,443

This was a game dominated by Newcastle and they had the better chances, but another clean sheet for city (3 in a row).

5th in EPL

Game 5

Boro Away Draw 0-0

Att: 35,090

So to the 1st north east derby of the year.

It was a crap game and ended 0-0, and our 4th clean sheet in a row now.

7th in EPL

Game 6

Charlton Home Draw 2-2

Att: 47,443

Could our defence hold out for another game against a solid Charlton team?

On 7 mins Sibierski puts City 1-0 up.

50 mins late a debut goal from Zurawski put City 2-0 up and well in command here.

74 Konchesky breaks the city defence and makes it 2-1

93 min and deep into injury time S. Bartlett grabs a goal to make it 2-2 and breaks City’s hearts.

Game 7

Villa Away Won 3-0

Att: 42,563

With 10 min’s on the clock and it’s that man again Zurawski to put City 1-0 up.

2 mins later McManaman makes it 2-0, then on 18 he gets another to make it 3-0 and City ran out easy winners here, looks like Villa could go down!!!

League Cup 2nd Rnd Aawy Gillingham

This game was a struggle for City, as the game went on it looked more like the Gill’s were going to grab a goal rather than City.

With ET looming Sinclair wins it for City in the 90th minute (Phew)

We now have to go to Torquay in the next round.

Game 8

Everton Home Draw 3-0

Att: 47,972

Everton were the next team to come to City and Face ZURAWSKI or god as he is now becoming known as (easy to type God).

19 minute’s on the when GOD strikes to put City 1-0 up

City were all over Everton in theis game but could not make the advantage count, that was until the 85th minute when Maccarone gets his name on the score sheet.

Then God pops up in the 89th minute to make it an easy 3-0 win and to shoot City into 3rd place in the EPL.

Game 9

Fulham Away Lost 3-2

Att: 21,974

4 min Cole puts Fulham 1-0 up but God Cancels that out on 10 minutes.

Then on 31 minutes God shows us why he has got that name, he picks the ball up on the halfway line and runs straight through the Fulham defence to score and put City 2-1 up.

But 2 goals by Fulham in the 2nd half ( Collins John and Radzinski) means that Fulham win by 3-2 and end City’s fine run of games.

5th in EPL

Game 10

Arsenal Home Lost 5-1

Att: 47,963

BANG, one wheel off my wagon springs to mind here.

A henry hat-trick and goals from Lauren and Reyes give arsenal a 5-0 lead.

God pulls 1 back for city.

I really can’t see anyone stopping Arsenal this season.

opps Missed this one out icon_rolleyes.gif

Game 11

W.B.A Home Won 4-1

Att: 46,985

So the last game of this week session saw us pit our wits against Abhi’s WBA. We had to bounce back from that Arsenal game big style.

This game was all over within 30 minutes, goals on 3 (Cerci), 6 (God), 19 & 24 (Cerci) puts us 4-0 up.

Sun Jihai missed a pen on 48, why he took it I don’t know.

Mokoena pulls a late goal (90) back for WBA.

7th in EPL

Lets hope this form continues and City can mount a serious challenge for Europe.

Razor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

good reports mate mine will be going up later on tonight as well as current league tables one thing though its aidas wba not abhi's hehe icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

opps sorry

Here is how the tables look after the first week of sessions. Only premiership and championship tables as no one else in divisions lower icon_smile.gif

Unman = means was a persons club but they are now no longer in the clan.

Premiership

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Arsenal | | 10 | 9 | 1 | 0 | 32 | 6 | +26 | 28 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Chelsea | | 10 | 6 | 3 | 1 | 18 | 6 | +12 | 21 |

| 3rd | | Man Utd | | 10 | 6 | 2 | 2 | 21 | 10 | +11 | 20 |

| 4th | Ben | Newcastle | | 10 | 6 | 1 | 3 | 16 | 9 | +7 | 19 |

| 5th | | Fulham | | 11 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 16 | 11 | +5 | 19 |

| 6th | | Southampton | | 10 | 6 | 1 | 3 | 15 | 12 | +3 | 19 |

| 7th | Razor | Man City | | 11 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 18 | 12 | +6 | 18 |

| 8th | | Blackburn | | 9 | 5 | 3 | 1 | 17 | 11 | +6 | 18 |

| 9th | | Charlton | | 11 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 13 | 13 | 0 | 18 |

| 10th | | Liverpool | | 11 | 5 | 2 | 4 | 11 | 10 | +1 | 17 |

| 11th | Murphy | Middlesbrough | | 10 | 4 | 4 | 2 | 9 | 12 | -3 | 16 |

| 12th | Abhi | Everton | | 11 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 11 | 17 | -6 | 12 |

| 13th | Jimmy | Tottenham | | 11 | 3 | 2 | 6 | 15 | 18 | -3 | 11 |

| 14th | | Norwich | | 11 | 3 | 2 | 6 | 8 | 16 | -8 | 11 |

| 15th | Aida | WBA | | 11 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 7 | 14 | -7 | 9 |

| 16th | Stevey | Birmingham | | 11 | 1 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 14 | -9 | 8 |

| 17th | | Crystal P | | 11 | 2 | 2 | 7 | 9 | 21 | -12 | 8 |

| 18th | Ant | Portsmouth | | 10 | 2 | 1 | 7 | 11 | 18 | -7 | 7 |

| 19th | Joey | Villa | | 11 | 1 | 3 | 7 | 5 | 15 | -10 | 6 |

| 20th | Unman | Bolton | | 10 | 0 | 4 | 6 | 9 | 21 | -12 | 4 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Division 1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Leicester | | 12 | 9 | 2 | 1 | 25 | 7 | +18 | 29 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Watford | | 12 | 7 | 4 | 1 | 22 | 13 | +9 | 25 |

| 3rd | | Wolves | | 11 | 7 | 3 | 1 | 19 | 7 | +12 | 24 |

| 4th | | Sunderland | | 12 | 6 | 5 | 1 | 19 | 8 | +11 | 23 |

| 5th | | West Ham | | 12 | 5 | 5 | 2 | 18 | 12 | +6 | 20 |

| 6th | | Derby | | 12 | 6 | 2 | 4 | 19 | 16 | +3 | 20 |

| 7th | | Ipswich | | 11 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 19 | 12 | +7 | 19 |

| 8th | | Stoke | | 11 | 7 | 4 | 0 | 17 | 10 | +7 | 19 |

| 9th | | Notts Forest | | 12 | 6 | 1 | 5 | 17 | 11 | +6 | 19 |

| 10th | | Leeds | | 12 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 17 | 14 | +3 | 18 |

| 11th | | Coventry | | 11 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 13 | 14 | -1 | 15 |

| 12th | | Reading | | 12 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 13 | 14 | -1 | 15 |

| 13th | | QPR | | 12 | 3 | 5 | 4 | 13 | 15 | -2 | 14 |

| 14th | Mike | Wigan | | 11 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 14 | 13 | +1 | 13 |

| 15th | | Sheff Utd | | 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 12 | 17 | -5 | 13 |

| 16th | | Rotherham | | 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 9 | 16 | -7 | 13 |

| 17th | | Burnley | | 12 | 3 | 3 | 6 | 15 | 19 | -4 | 12 |

| 18th | | Preston | | 12 | 3 | 3 | 6 | 16 | 23 | -7 | 12 |

| 19th | | Gillingham | | 11 | 1 | 7 | 3 | 13 | 16 | -3 | 10 |

| 20th | | Cardiff | | 11 | 3 | 1 | 7 | 11 | 17 | -6 | 10 |

| 21st | | Millwall | | 12 | 2 | 4 | 6 | 9 | 17 | -8 | 10 |

| 22nd | Lee | Plymouth | | 12 | 2 | 3 | 7 | 7 | 20 | -13 | 9 |

| 23rd | | Brighton | | 12 | 1 | 5 | 6 | 10 | 22 | -12 | 8 |

| 24th | | Crewe | | 11 | 1 | 3 | 7 | 9 | 23 | -14 | 6 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

So as you can see only 2 managers doing reasonably well although bens assistant dont really count icon_biggrin.gif

A disappointing start to aston villa and rookie manager joey briggs season.

due to connection problems i have hardly been able to get on the game, (hopefully being fixed soon). When i did get on i know, good old Roy Aitken wasnt doing me too proud. 19th 11 games gone, only 1 win, quite disappointing. Also good old Roy decided to sell my captain and arguable best player olof mellberg (to be fair half my fault didnt do holiday settings) for only 3.9m i believe. I managed to get on game just in time to get a quick replacement, i managerd to bring in borja from Real Madrid for only 800k, and a youngster walton from leeds for a couple of pence. I haven't had much time to bring in some new talent, because everytime i go to buy a player i disconnect. This bad start has brought the villa fans down to earth and now know europe will be a struggle, i would be happy to finish anything higher than 15th and avoiding relegation is a bare minimum. Come on Roy and the lads!!!!!!

A newer Calmer, Collective Patten reflects on new beggings at Rotherham.

'Almorea tes aux hus swune' And in English that means 'and so the axe has swung'. Fred Patten today returns to management in much the same sort of misty circumstances he left it in. Almost 8 months to the day he left a Birmingham side with Uefa Cup aspirations. Why he left was never quite established. He seemed to have it all working. But reports were gathering that he was missing from taking training at least twice a week. The journalists were swarming like vultchers. So it came as no suprise just a few weeks later when he resigned for personal reasons. So you wonder why i delved in to Latin earlier here is my explaination. A week ago Ronnie Moore was enjoying life in the mid-table of the Coca-Cola Championship but after a meeting on Monday morning he was out the door. But after speaking to Patten this afternoon where he was unveiled as Rotherham manager earlier today. He was as suprised as any to be in the Rotherham hotset. 'It's been a bit of a whirlwind week for me to be honest, it was as late as monday afternoon that I heard Ronnie had been sacked. I was shocked but stranger things have happend he seemed to be doing so well. But on Tuesday afternoon I got a phone call from Ken Booth (Rotherham Chairman) and he just asked me if I wanted to go up to Millmoor on the following afternoon for talks about the managers vacancy. So here I am a day later in the hotset.' This was Patten, but a different one. He seemed more roughend up, shaken up even who knows what or why he left Birmingham? He now has a bit of stubble with a slight smile. You'd think he'd be wearing a suit like when he was appointed birmingham manager but not he wasn't. He was just casually dressed in a white long-sleeved shirt with black trousers. When asked why wasn't he in formal clothes he came out with a simple reply 'I've learnt you just can't let things and people get you all pent up, you just got to take a relaxed attitude to life'. But when asked 'Will you be taking the same attitude to management?' He pondered his thoughts for a bit and replied with a wry smile breaking though. 'Well yes you can't just shout orders into players and expect them to work, the approach I intend to take is one where the players are just equals, psycologists have proven that orders are best recieved in a friendly enviorment'. 'Don't you feel the players will take advantage of your softy softy approach? When you had such a successful time at Birmingham with more of a regime?' 'A regime????? it never got that bad icon_smile.gif i was a bit harsh on the players, but i hope they don't because if they do they will recieve a sutible punishment.' 'Fred what can we expect from Rotherham for the rest of the season?' 'Well.... Ask me again on May 12th icon_smile.gif'. 'No Fred you could at least give us something?'. 'Yes, yes i could i feel we will at least stay up, we have the backbone for a very strong side, While we have players like Pollit, McIntosh, Vernazza and Proctor in our team i will be happy. I feel we also have good wingers in Shedgwick and Monkhouse. Hmmmmm relistically i feel we should be in mid-table but i would like to think that, with a few good additions whether they be loan or perminant i feel we could be up there battling for a sneaky play off spot. But i am under no illiusions there is a bigger chance we could be in that relegation dogfight come April/May.' 'Fred you mentioned signings could you give us any names? Is it true your looking into signing either Andrew Davies or Micheal Turner on loan?' 'Well if i was to try and bring in either of those players Simon Murphy or Alan Curbishley would be the first to know! And you would be the fourth to know icon_smile.gif'. 'Fred how much, if any money will you get to spend in the transfer market?' 'Lads and Ladies of the press there has been very little over my transfer budget for the rest of the season, I understand there will be a bit of money for me to use and spend wisely on the right accquisions, but most signings I make, if any this season will more likely be loan signings. And thank you for all turning up to my unveiling as Rotherham manager today but now i must make plans for are game on Saturday where i hope to kick off my reign as Rotherham manager with 3 points'. So will Patten last? Only time will tell. At least he seems confident.

New Boy At The Baggies

After less than a season in charge, Bryan Robson has been relieved of his duties at the Hawthornes. The WBA board have replaced him with their new manager Aidan Connolly.

Some fans are dissapointed with Connolly's arrival, with his previous experience being one of the reasons. One fan said:

"I can't believe it! Apparently he just quit his job from TK Maxx! A sales assistant is just what we need to keep us in the premiership! What a load of bull****!!"

One things for sure, if Connolly doesnt adapt to football management quickly, WBA will be playing in the championship next season.

Although the 5.0.5 patch is out monday session we will still be using 5.0.3 so dont patch to 5.0.5 members thanks icon_smile.gif. Have good weekend all icon_smile.gif

Ever heard of the song called insomnia???? it was wrote about me icon_biggrin.gif

So here we are again the first final session of the week and i knew my side had to come up with some valuable points even if it still was early on in the season.

It all started this time with a home game against stoke city. Here is how it went.

Announcement: Today plymouth secure the services of yeovil's young midfield Lee Johnson

Plymouth 0-0 Stoke

First game of the session and a quiet one it was. With little action in first half except my team getting outplayed it was time to sort them out at half time. A few subs got brought on and we started the 2nd half off much better.

But then the 80th minute came and new midfielder Lee Johnson picked up an injury. Sub came on and straight after dani missed a sitter which could of got us 3 valuable points.

The game then died off for the last 10 minutes and right at the end of the game Scott Taylor picked up a minor injury.

Paul Wotton was named man of the match as i got off to an average start to the session.

Next game we faced struggling rotherham away and was lucky to escape with a point from it.

Rotherham 1-1 Plymouth

Scorers: Marino Keith

A rather strange game which seen very little incidents. But 45 minutes approached and rotherham somehow took the lead out of what appeared to be nothing.

2nd half kicked off and my team was gettin most of the ball and controlling the game then an incident arises and a rotherham player is sent off.

Still 1-0 and now playing against 10 men. I was really hoping to win this due to my teams advantage but could only manage to get one goal........but only just.

A tough league cup encounter was just around the corner and was our next game against premiership outfits Southampton.

Plymouth 0-2 Southampton

Bit of unfourtune in this game as the whistle was blown and game got underway. We started off much stronger than what they did but failed to put any of our chances in the back of their net.

Southampton then scored a goal and another one straight after it.

Half time approached and i realised steffen freund was the man to blame for both goals so he got subbed and 2nd half kicked off.

With none of my players shots being on target it was just gonna be one of those days. My team lacked finishing.

A much better 2nd half though as we didnt conceed anymore than what we already had in the first half. The final whistle went and that was us already out of the league cup.

Next opposition was 3rd placed leeds at the time.

Plymouth 1-0 Leeds

Scorers: Chadwick

A game which didnt start off to well for us and within 15 minutes i thought we were 1 down but luckily the goal was disallowed.

Hardly any action in the game as half time came and the score was 0-0.

Couple of subs as usual and finally they paid off. Chadwick was brought on for Scott Taylor as he was playing poorly and on the 74th minute of the game he scored the winner.

The game came to a close and we held on the beat leeds 1-0. Romain Larriou got man of the match.

Next was a game against the only other human manager in the championship. Mike Law's wigan although not many places above my side at the time they were playing better and this was sure to be a hard game. I wasnt wrong and it was.

Wigan 3-0 Plymouth

Bit of a shocker for my team as we fully got outplayed every area of the pitch.

Game didnt start off too well as went 1-0 down to ellington.

Mike's wigan then grabbed a 2nd goal just before half time and went into half time with a comfortable lead.

2nd half and it didnt get much better here a couple of chances for my team but not really goalscoring chances.

Wigan then scored a 3rd and sealed a good win against my team.

A rather poor performance where my team didnt really get much of the ball all game.

So the final game of the session finally came and it was against sunderland at home. We fancied our chances because of being at home but again we failed to put away our chances.

Plymouth 0-2 Sunderland

1st half was a good one for us and was very unlucky to be 1 down when half time approached as we had literally dominated the first half.

They scored on the 45th minute just seconds before the whistle was blown.

Then 2nd half came and it was much the same as the first half my team outplaying them on shots just shame none were on target. They then scored a 2nd goal to win 2-0 final score.

Season looking bleak for argyle as we sit in 22nd place in the championship in relegation.

Although still early days at the moment i think im gonna need some better players to stay up as my current ones just aint performing right.

Can plymouth get back on track or should i say actually on track monday? keep reading here and you will find out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razor123:

are we not due some more reports here, don't seem that many icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couplr more rpoets are due yeah make sure you wrtie them up. Also aida no worries no doubt fovget by tommorow though as im druml sse ya all monday session.

A more precise report inc results will follow later, but in a nutshell its been a bit of a struggle early doors for Spurs.

With injuried to players like Keane, Dawson, Kelly and Davies it meant we were a little thin in the squad, especially on the right side.

It showed in the results, drawing our first game against Bolton 1-1, but then losing both next 2 games (i was out watching Champions League in Pub icon_rolleyes.gif) when i returned though we did get wins over Stevey's Birmingham (2-0) and Crystal Palace away (4-1). But another defeat to WBA (1-2) away meant it wasnt a great start to the campaign.

The final session of the week was more of the same, with me having to work late til 9pm i missed 3 games, 1 loss away to Liverpool (0-2), a draw at home to Chelski (1-1), and a 4-0 win away to Leyton Orient. When i returned we managed to beat Ant's Portsmouth 2-1 at home but in our last game we stumbled to a 3-2 loss at Norwich as the ref felt the need to send off Mendes for celebrating making it 2-1 to us.

Hopefully i will be there all this week to give some stability as its obviously affecting the performance. Hopefully also with Dawson, Davies, Keane and Kelly back to fitness we can string some results together.

Due to bens router problems not being able to connect to the game he has now been removed from the clan but on waiting list so if he gets the problems sorted he can rejoin.

Tuesday session we will have a new guy called christopher lewis joining so all welcome him he will take control of derby county icon_smile.gif.

Session usual times tonight speak to you all in the clan chatroom.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Due to bens router problems not being able to connect to the game he has now been removed from the clan but on waiting list so if he gets the problems sorted he can rejoin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A guy called chris aint joining now my mistake as something has come up however old member ricardo may be offered a place back to join thats if he wants to still icon_smile.gif

Due to bens router problems not being able to connect to the game he has now been removed from the clan but on waiting list so if he gets the problems sorted he can rejoin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A guy called chris aint joining now my mistake as something has come up however old member ricardo may be offered a place back to join thats if he wants to still icon_smile.gif

Archived