FM19: Liverpool - Success Has Many Fathers

TheJanitor

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't really touched the game after Christmas. It's what usually happens, I play the game a lot the first month or two, then my interest dies down over the holiday period. This year it's been exacerbated by the match engine, along with the game feeling even easier than before. I'm well aware that playing with a big team like Liverpool doesn't help in that regard, but it honestly feels like the easiest edition of FM I've ever played. But getting results easily by playing uninteresting football is just frustrating.

It does seem better after 19.2, but it still feels like 19.2 should've been the beta. Not sure if I'll still be playing by the time 19.3 is released.

Started season 4 with a bang and won my first 7 games, the latest being a 4-0 thumping of FC Bayern in first game of the Champs group.

So far I have won basically everything at least once and have close to 500m in the bank. I want to see if I can have 1 billion in the bank.

Team looks like this in season 4:

GK: Alisson Becker, Ellery Balcombe

RB: TAA (best right back in the world), Jayden Bogle

CB: Joe Gomez (best cb in the world), Jamaal Lascelles

CB: Virgil van Dijk, Reece Oxford

LB: Kieran Tierney, Ryan Sessegnon

DM: Declan Rice, Jordan Henderson

MC: Fabinho, Harry Winks

MC: Dele Alli, Regen

RWF: Mohammed Salah, Reheem Sterling

LWF: Jordan Sancho (Prem player of the year season 3), Curtis Jones (Wonderkid)

CF: Harry Kane (finally got him for 150m pounds after trying for 3 seasons...), Ben Woodburn

The squad is by far the best in the world I reckon. World Class players in nearly every position. Dominating everything. The goal is still to become the richest club in the world and win the Champions League with only players from the UK and Ireland. Got some great gems coming through the youth ranks but no World Class Keeper. Anyone know if Balcombe gets good enough to be considered a leading player in the Prem? Goal Keeper is the only position that I need to find someone outstanding from the UK or Ireland. I'm going to buy Phil Foden and John Stones hopefully next summer. 

On 14/01/2019 at 17:28, joekim87 said:

Started season 4 with a bang and won my first 7 games, the latest being a 4-0 thumping of FC Bayern in first game of the Champs group.

So far I have won basically everything at least once and have close to 500m in the bank. I want to see if I can have 1 billion in the bank.

Team looks like this in season 4:

GK: Alisson Becker, Ellery Balcombe

RB: TAA (best right back in the world), Jayden Bogle

CB: Joe Gomez (best cb in the world), Jamaal Lascelles

CB: Virgil van Dijk, Reece Oxford

LB: Kieran Tierney, Ryan Sessegnon

DM: Declan Rice, Jordan Henderson

MC: Fabinho, Harry Winks

MC: Dele Alli, Regen

RWF: Mohammed Salah, Reheem Sterling

LWF: Jordan Sancho (Prem player of the year season 3), Curtis Jones (Wonderkid)

CF: Harry Kane (finally got him for 150m pounds after trying for 3 seasons...), Ben Woodburn

The squad is by far the best in the world I reckon. World Class players in nearly every position. Dominating everything. The goal is still to become the richest club in the world and win the Champions League with only players from the UK and Ireland. Got some great gems coming through the youth ranks but no World Class Keeper. Anyone know if Balcombe gets good enough to be considered a leading player in the Prem? Goal Keeper is the only position that I need to find someone outstanding from the UK or Ireland. I'm going to buy Phil Foden and John Stones hopefully next summer. 

Is Jayden Bogle any good?

On 18/01/2019 at 17:00, birkelse said:

Anyone has VVD called up for Holland U 23 at the Olympics in 2020 ?

I think you can call 3 over 23 players for the Olympics.

12 minutes ago, birkelse said:

Here is my team in 3 season.  Finances in screenshot .   Maybe i have sold to many players, but the young ones have to do it :)  Promised Premier League title.

Liverpool  team 1.JPG

Liverpool finances.JPG

Liverpool team 2.JPG

How Duncan is doing for you? Could you post a screenshot?

Hi guys! After telling myself I would skip FM19 I finally caved and started my first save . Halfway through season one and we are joint top with Man City. My biggest issue is with injuries. Sane is my top scorer with 10 goals in 18 games but has already missed 5 weeks and just got injured again for 4-6 weeks!

Also I always seem to have players who complain about training being to low.

Review of Season 1 (18/19)

Won the league comfortably first time out! However cup competitions were a bust. Losing the Champions League final in extra time was particularly galling.

NLxo2i9.png

Top scorer was Salah with 26 goals in all comps followed by Mane with 18 and Arp with 15. Top assist was Mane with 20.  Highest avg rating was Hendo with 7.55 after 36 appearances.

Transfers

OUT : Markovic  (14m)  Wijnaldum (24m) Sturridge (11m)

IN: Fiete Arp (29.5m) Antonio Marin (15m)

It looks like Barca and Real Madrid are coming after Salah and Mane :(

You can sell  star players from Liverpool, and i have nearly sold them all.  Salah  was the best sale, but i still reacon, i could have  get more for Keita, VDV, Fabinho etc.  Luis Felipe was the most expensive player, i have bought, lost 12 mill on him.

VDV for 48 mill ( 62 ) , Chamberlein 40 mill,  Ryan Kent 39 mill, Woodburn 22 mill, Salah 99 mill,, Firminho  61 mill ( 68 ), Wilson 43 mill ( 55 ) etc.

Transfers.JPG

11 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Yeah I sold my best 2 players after the first season. Try to younger replacements as soon as possible.

Ay3Z3QX.png

How are you getting prices like that? Are you offering players out at those prices or are you having clubs come to you offering those prices??

12 hours ago, birkelse said:

You can sell  star players from Liverpool, and i have nearly sold them all.  Salah  was the best sale, but i still reacon, i could have  get more for Keita, VDV, Fabinho etc.  Luis Felipe was the most expensive player, i have bought, lost 12 mill on him.

VDV for 48 mill ( 62 ) , Chamberlein 40 mill,  Ryan Kent 39 mill, Woodburn 22 mill, Salah 99 mill,, Firminho  61 mill ( 68 ), Wilson 43 mill ( 55 ) etc.

Transfers.JPG

You offering these players out at these prices?

Iam  setting the asking price very high. Maybe the double of value.

Here are 2 screenshot from Joe Gomez sale. Real bid , i refuse, then the 2 bid came. Have to sell,. at that price.

Bid Gomez.JPG

sale G.JPG

Edited by birkelse

Season 2 Review

Domestic clean sweep but a Luis Suarez goal at Anfield dumped us out of the Champions League on away goals...

e1I9sGq.png

I am happy with the players I brought in to replace Salah and Mane.

JsKhDzM.png

My issue now is Bayern are trying to unsettle Alisson and replacing him would be difficult.

15 hours ago, birkelse said:

End of 4 season, could  have been better, but iam hoping to improve the Champions  League resuls next season.

End of 4 season.JPG

Rating.JPG

Finances end 4 season.JPG

Board.JPG

Nice GD there. My season three ended on 101 points also ;P. Your finances are amazing, I have never had that much money in a save !

On 05/02/2019 at 04:55, GR3NDAL said:

Season 3 Review

Clean sweep of all competitions despite trying to play youngsters as much possible.

cEj0B2S.png

Fiete Arp was a goal machine and still only 21 years old.

sy4VdRw.png

What tactics are you using to get Keita to perform? I've won the league for a few years but always struggled to get Keita (or his replacement Alli) to do much.

I play Keita in the middle as a box to box midfielder alongside a deep lying playmaker. My overall tactic is a form of gegenpress and it seems effective against almost every opponent. The downside is the players tire quickly and rotation is a must.

73fLnHo.png

I'm in season 10 but despite being £2bn up on transfers, and only having the fifth highest wage bill in the league, I'm still only at £1bn in the bank as the new stadium cost £400m+, the tax bill gets pretty big and the directors have invested £200m in each of the last three seasons.