Changing top bar colour

diameqqq

Hello everyone, I'm struggling with changing top bar colour. I tried a few skins but it doesn't afect the way I'd like to. Currently I am playing on DF11 Base Dark Skin. Some of the teams are unplayable because of the sharp shiny colors (like the Lazio's one) I would like to have a nice looking grey/dark colour for all teams. Is there any way to change it? Thanks in advance.
  •  

top bar.png

The colour is controlled by the team colours, so to change it for just certain teams you'd need to wait for the full release and change the text colours in the editor, though that would only affect new games.

If you want all teams set to the same colour then in the settings xml file found in the settings folder for your skin locate these variables and make sure the value is set to true:

<boolean id="disable_primary_colour" value="true" />
<boolean id="disable_secondary_colour" value="
true" />

That will disable the recolour then in the same file locate these values:

<colour name="default primary" value="green 100" />
<colour name="default secondary" value="
green 900" />

And change the values to point to the colour you want, secondary is the text colour, primary is the background. A list of colour names you can use can be found here: Material Design Colors, Material Colors, Color Palette | Material UI

If those variables aren't present in the settings file for your skin just add them. Then save the file and reload your skin with the skin cache off for the changes to apply.

Hello Michael

I tried to find it out by my own, but I wasn't able to do it.

I would exactly standardize in the FM Standard Purple Skin what you have described on top. But I have no idea where to find the settings.xml ...

What I have done: 

> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data\game

> Upacking the skins.fmf

Then I went for the:

> skins\fm\settings

> fm settings.xml

This was an empty file where I tried to insert the code lines you described in your post. The result was an error message during reloading the skin in my FM and nothing changed.

Maybe I did it on the wrong file? Can you please help me with some more detailed instructions. That would be awesome! Thank you.

UPDATE

After downloading your base skin I was able to do it by my self :-)

But there is one small problem > probably caused due to  coding error from SEGA.

The new chosen color doesn't appear to all elements > let me show yo an example > see attchament

Under Career statistic there still appears the club color while all the other elements are just as I like them to be. 

I have done the following two codes:

<colour name="default primary" red="250" green="250" blue="250" />       

<colour name="default secondary" red="33" green="33" blue="33" />

and

<boolean id="disable_secondary_colour" value="true" />

Question: Any idea how we could fix that?

Unbenannt.PNG

That bit is likely set by the accent values (does the same thing but switches to keep the colour dark/light) so it's the same as above this time locate this and set them to true:

<boolean id="disable_accent_colour" value="true" />
    <boolean id="disable_dark_accent_colour" value="false" />

And then set these to what you want:

<colour name="default accent" red="255" green="255" blue="255" />
      <colour name="default dark accent" red="163" green="31" blue="46" />

On 01/11/2018 at 19:08, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The colour is controlled by the team colours, so to change it for just certain teams you'd need to wait for the full release and change the text colours in the editor, though that would only affect new games.

If you want all teams set to the same colour then in the settings xml file found in the settings folder for your skin locate these variables and make sure the value is set to true:

<boolean id="disable_secondary_colour" value="
true" />

That will disable the recolour then in the same file locate these values:

<colour name="default primary" value="green 100" />
<colour name="default secondary" value="
green 900" />

And change the values to point to the colour you want, secondary is the text colour, primary is the background. A list of colour names you can use can be found here: Material Design Colors, Material Colors, Color Palette | Material UI

If those variables aren't present in the settings file for your skin just add them. Then save the file and reload your skin with the skin cache off for the changes to apply.

You're beautiful human being, you know? It took me a while since I'm not the smartest guy in that stuff, but I finally made it :D
One more question. Is there also a line, where I could change the white background in massages?

white.png

vor 19 Stunden schrieb michaeltmurrayuk:

That bit is likely set by the accent values (does the same thing but switches to keep the colour dark/light) so it's the same as above this time locate this and set them to true:

<boolean id="disable_accent_colour" value="true" />
    <boolean id="disable_dark_accent_colour" value="false" />

And then set these to what you want:

<colour name="default accent" red="255" green="255" blue="255" />
      <colour name="default dark accent" red="163" green="31" blue="46" />

hey michael

i tried what you described. unfortunately it was not the solution :-( ... 

... any other idea?

... If I remember correct I think I have read somewhere in the past for the FM2018 that this is wrong coded by SEGA and can't be changed ... but I am not sure ... 

9 hours ago, diameqqq said:

You're beautiful human being, you know? It took me a while since I'm not the smartest guy in that stuff, but I finally made it :D
One more question. Is there also a line, where I could change the white background in massages?

white.png

That should have been updated in the patch for the Dark Skin, if you are using a pre-patch settings file then update these values in the settings file:

<!-- Inbox -->
    <colour name="inbox_sidebar_background" red="48" green="53" blue="60"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_content_background" value="blue grey 900"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_button_box_background" value="blue grey 100"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_attachment_background" value="blue grey 800"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_icons" value="blue grey 50"/>
    <colour name="inbox_text" value="white"/>

Or tweak the values to suit if you don't want the dark ones - the second colour should be the white area.

1 hour ago, adesmir said:

hey michael

i tried what you described. unfortunately it was not the solution :-( ... 

... any other idea?

... If I remember correct I think I have read somewhere in the past for the FM2018 that this is wrong coded by SEGA and can't be changed ... but I am not sure ... 

Looks like that one has a bit of extra code elsewhere overriding the other settings, you'll need to edit the playing history summary small (and the tiny file) found in the panels/player folder extracted from the panels fmf file in those files locate and delete the following line:

<record id="object_property" get_property="tbcl" set_property="icRR" />

And that should stop it being recoloured and use the same colours as the other ones.

hey michael

i am quite sure that for what i am asking now i also have to delete some code line :-) 

i like to have the club colors also deleted on the player stats overview screen (same for the club stats overview screen). the color in these circle should be also standardized (as i did it with the other stuff) > i really don't like this club colors :-D ... i prefere some clean and simple design ... 

can you please tell me what line of code i have to delete or whatelse i maybe have to do? thank you!

(I tried first to find it ot by myself > but whatever i tried it was not working)

Unbenannt.PNG

They should be controlled by the competition team stats item panel left (and right) files in the panels\competition folder extracted from the panels fmf file.

This code controls the icons (different places in the two files):

<!-- Picture coloured to match team colours-->
                <widget class="picture" file="icons/26px/circle" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true">
                    <record id="object_property">
                        <list id="get_properties">
                            <record get_property="tbcl" set_property="rrep" dont_set_object="true" />
                            <record get_property="ttcl" set_property="brep" dont_set_object="true" />
                        </list>
                    </record>
                </widget>

Deleting it should remove the icon, if you just want the team colour removed, delete everything but the two widget lines, and after the file bit add a red_replacement="XXX" bit with the colour you want.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb michaeltmurrayuk:

They should be controlled by the competition team stats item panel left (and right) files in the panels\competition folder extracted from the panels fmf file.

This code controls the icons (different places in the two files):

<!-- Picture coloured to match team colours-->
                <widget class="picture" file="icons/26px/circle" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true">
                    <record id="object_property">
                        <list id="get_properties">
                            <record get_property="tbcl" set_property="rrep" dont_set_object="true" />
                            <record get_property="ttcl" set_property="brep" dont_set_object="true" />
                        </list>
                    </record>
                </widget>

Deleting it should remove the icon, if you just want the team colour removed, delete everything but the two widget lines, and after the file bit add a red_replacement="XXX" bit with the colour you want.

Thank you. I have done all until the part with the red_replacement > i did not exactly understand what i have to do (which code line) and where i have to insert it exactly. I would like to replace the red color (i have now) with a simple white background of teh circle ... 

can you maybe please share with me an a little bit more detailed info :-) (maybe i just don't get it at the moment and it's obviously what i should do :seagull:)

• 5 months later...
8 ore fa, Guy Bar ha scritto:

Hi, is there a way to change the header color for competitions? Like for the Euro Cup and European Champions Cup? I don’t want it to be blue and yellow.

I think you can change competitions colours only in the Pre-game Editor

Archived