FM18 to FM19 database, is it possible?

I have been working on a 97-98 season database for the past few months for myself. Given the time I put into it I thought about sharing it with people when I'm done but now that FM19 is coming out even if I finish it completely it would be useless to share since everyone will be playing FM19, is there a way to carry over the database to FM19 editor?

I imported a whole bunch of freshly created players from FM16 to FM17 without any issue at all, so it might well be possible to recover them, depending on if there are any underlying structural changes.

Some of the other stuff like rearranging clubs in divisions and removing current players you'll need to redo...

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

Databases have never before been compatible with newer game versions, to the best of my knowledge, the answer would be no.

@Gabriano

To be pedantic, a database could be compatible. I, for one, have released various editor data files down the years based on databases built in older versions of FM.

What is unlikely to work are files activating leagues and/or divisions due to a number of factors. Then again, it could be possible that ,with a little bit of fiddling around in the editor, these files can be used in different versions of FM. Not certain, not probable, but possible.

So don't get disheartened just yet, and wait for the FM19 editor to come out before being sure ;)

@Gabriano

Wait until the pre-game editor is available. Load/import the database. Maybe you need to made some changes, but it's also possible that it will run in FM 2019 without any issues.

6 hours ago, Gabriano said:

I have been working on a 97-98 season database for the past few months for myself. Given the time I put into it I thought about sharing it with people when I'm done but now that FM19 is coming out even if I finish it completely it would be useless to share since everyone will be playing FM19, is there a way to carry over the database to FM19 editor? 

save your file as .xml and wait for the fm19 editor. Then load .xml file and save it and load in game. If you CREATED players, teams, staff - it should work. If you MODIFIED league size, divisions, added new rules or leagues - won't work and you need to start from the scratch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2018 at 20:33, Bigpole said:

save your file as .xml and wait for the fm19 editor. Then load .xml file and save it and load in game. If you CREATED players, teams, staff - it should work. If you MODIFIED league size, divisions, added new rules or leagues - won't work and you need to start from the scratch.

I tried it but the game crashed during setting up the game database. Is there a way to fix this?

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Gabriano:

I tried it but the game crashed during setting up the game database. Is there a way to fix this?

Please start a thread in the bugs forum and provide your db, so they could look into it.

Archived