New Laptop/PC- Help Needed

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Looking at a new laptop to play fm and do some other things. Saw this on pc world

HP pavilion 15-ak085na

Intel i7-6700hq

Believe it has the HD graphics 530 gpu chip and it has 8gb ram

Will it run fm 2016 in 3d or will it need to be 2d only?

Many thanks

Just ordered a MacBook Pro,

2.8 Ghz i7

16GB SDRAM

512GB Flash Storage

Iris Pro Graphics+AMD Radeon R9 with 2GB

Pretty excited about running FM16 on it, I've been running FM up to FM16 on my 2007 MacBook Pro. It freezes up some times, but it's time to update since I'm starting online classes in Jan.

Have you played on it yet? Does it run amazingly fast? What about 3d performance?

Hi

Sorry if I don't have the layout of the post correct but I am after a laptop which will play FM16 and hopefully a few years beyond. I currently have an iMac but find it difficult to play for long periods on it due to where it's currently situated. Due to this I'm not wanting to go overboard and would be wanting to spend around £300. Are there any out there that could play FM16 with 3D highlights. I tend to load in top leagues on a large database but appreciate that may not be possible on a cheap laptop. I'm OK with any make and all I would want is the screen size to be 15" or more.

Any help, advice or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

Liam

I am happy to lower the number of leagues I include so long as it runs fine and quick. I would even be happy to ditch 3D or have it the lowest quality.

Are there any laptops out there at a Curry's that I could go in store and pick up as with work it's almost impossible to reach deliveries.

Stock in store at Curry's varies from store to store, they are also overpriced...

Your budget makes it difficult to find a decent laptop capable of playing the game to your needs.. add in high street shops and it becomes even harder...

Honestly, I'd suggest waiting and saving an extra £100 and you are going to be a lot more comfortable.

That said, if you insist on Curry's and that budget.. these two would play this version of fm, but not to any great degree...

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-e5-573-15-6-laptop-grey-10137629-pdt.html

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-f5-571-15-6-laptop-black-10137568-pdt.html

Which isn't even anywhere near smurfs suggestion above and his was fairly restricted too.

As did I on my second suggestion.. £300 is basically netbook territory unless you are buying super cheap parts or underpowered systems.

I did suspect I would need to spend more but just don't have the money too. I would be happy with a league with England upto League 2 and top 2 divisions in Spain and Italy on medium database. Would that change things at all?

I doubt I would get much more joy if I stretched to £400?

Thanks for the help both of you been a great help.

The one I posted would be best suited to your needs then.

I had a look at some computers up to £450 and didn't see anything much better for you.

Hey guys. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420 with the specs listed below:

CPU: i5-2520M with 3MB cache

RAM: 4GB 1333 MHz

HDD: 320 GB 5.400 RPM (I believe) SATA HDD

GPU: Intel HD3000 Integrated Graphics

The thing is, I am able to play FM16 with six active leauges without any problems (EPL active through League 2, 1-2 other leagues with second division, rest premier divisions only and a view only south american league) I use a large database and don't mind setting graphics details to low. Even though I am satisfied with my laptop's performance, what upgrades can I do to make it a bit better and perhaps make sure it runs Football Manager next year too? Should I upgrade my RAM to 4gb, or install a SSD? Or should I leave it like this if it won't make any noticeable difference?

Thanks everyone in advance who take the time to post ideas.

I'd upgrade to 8gb RAM if you're on a 64 bit operating system - otherwise there's no point if your OS is 32bit.

And SSD can't hurt and it's a great way to speed up your computer boot up time and Load and Save games.

For day-to-day FM though it won't make a difference.

I'd upgrade to 8gb RAM if you're on a 64 bit operating system - otherwise there's no point if your OS is 32bit.

And SSD can't hurt and it's a great way to speed up your computer boot up time and Load and Save games.

For day-to-day FM though it won't make a difference.

Thank you for your input. Since I am content with my laptop's general performance and boot times, think I will not upgrade my HDD. But it looks like I will be upgrading to 8gb RAM since I am using 64bit OS.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/80EW02FUUK-Lenovo-B50-80_1810717.html

I shouldn't have any problems upgrading to 8gb ram in the future if I wanted to, right?

Definitely no issues.. it uses ddr3 sodimm ram, with which an 8gb kit is around £35 ... i'm assuming this has 2x2gb ram btw, if for some odd reason it has 1x4gb ram, it will be even cheaper and you'll only need to buy a 1x4gb stick which is more like £15.

I had a look at this today and wasn't impressed with the build quality. It's definitely not on my list now. Might go for the Dell that's being mentioned in this thread a lot or a lenovo yoga 500 with a 6th gen i5 and nvidia 920 gpu which is lighter and smaller

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain but was wondering if this laptop would be good enough to play FM16 on?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-RV515-15-6-inch-Laptop/dp/B006UCNSCE/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1452192655&sr=1-4

Just want a cheapy thing whilst I am travelling!

Thanks

Would highly recommend NOT using that for fm.. the cpu just isn't up to scratch for playing fm..

Hi guys I have been using Acer Aspire 5750-6667 for 4 years until just few days the laptop suddenly got hardware failture and I can't do anything with it everything is super slow and takes ages.. so im looking for new laptop..

Will this laptop be fine for FM 16? (specs below) 3d matches doesn't matter just want to get something that's fine for day to day running of the game..

database: meduim

leagues: England upto league 1 and top leagues of Spain, Germany, Italy and France.

Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20GHz

4GB RAM

1TB 5400 RPM

Intel HD Graphics 5500

Hi guys I have been using Acer Aspire 5750-6667 for 4 years until just few days the laptop suddenly got hardware failture and I can't do anything with it everything is super slow and takes ages.. so im looking for new laptop..

Will this laptop be fine for FM 16? (specs below) 3d matches doesn't matter just want to get something that's fine for day to day running of the game..

database: meduim

leagues: England upto league 1 and top leagues of Spain, Germany, Italy and France.

Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20GHz

4GB RAM

1TB 5400 RPM

Intel HD Graphics 5500

Not great imo

What's your budget?

Hi.

I like playing FM quickly and tend to use medium databases and only a few leagues at a time, matches on 2d, so that it nips along. That said though I like to load face & logo packs and I can be prone to some longish sessions and have had overheating problems in the past.

Budget is £600 give or take and I have picked up a few links from recent posts plus 1 or 2 of my own. Looking for advice on them with a view to combining speed with reliability please.

Note 'Which?' likes a very similar model to the first link (and I could probably find a cheaper stockist than John Lewis) but I'm not an expert on this 'Intel Core M'

http://www.johnlewis.com/asus-zenbook-ux305-ultrabooks-intel-core-m-8gb-ram-128gb-ssd-13-3-/p2115982?sku=234494932&kpid=234494932&s_kenid=983a8918-6023-4c71-8f5f-ceaeea741771&s_kwcid=402x387256&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-ak085na-15-6-laptop-white-10139942-pdt.html?gclid=CKTniLaCnsoCFVKZGwodr8MPKg&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!87077359459!!!g!141435052579!&ef_id=Vb42MwAAAOfHgbf6:20160110004631:s

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/asus-maintsream-multimedia-core-i7-6500u-8gb-1tb-dvd-dl-15.6-fhd-led-windo-x555uj-xo113t/version.asp

Is there something else out there in this range or should I even be pushing the £100 extra for the one that Luke picked? Thanks forward.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/m/p?id=1856981

Hi guys.

How does a 2015 MacBook pro 15-inch handle the 3D match engine? Looking to purchase one after the release of the 16.3 patch. I currently own a HP Pavilion dv6-3108ea which simply isn't up to scratch any more.

MacBook specs:

2.2 Ghz quad-core

Intel Core i7 processor

16GB RAM

256 GB storage

Intel Iris Pro Graphics

Is there any need to get the 512GB version, with additional AMD Radeon R9 M370X graphics instead?

Archived