New Laptop/PC- Help Needed

hey shy... that's not a bad price at all to be fair ... and it's perfect for the general browsing, word processing stuff aswell... and yeah, you'll play fm casually on it easily , it has the HD 3000 integrated graphics on it as well if i remember correctly which should be more than able to handle fm

Cheers mate. Thought it looked okay but always like a second opinion.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ welshace - Hi mate, the LED comes with the case, it's the case that costs an extra 30 quid. I like my PC to look cool lol. I really don't need 1TB HDD tbh either.

@ Dooro - Wow the z580 & Acer Aspire v3 you linked are even better than the Acer 5755G linked in this thread (I agree with welshace though, not the first two you linked for FM) and for a decent price too. Can people here in the UK order them for delivery to here? Thanks.

My laptop has arrived today so thankyou to everyone who has helped me out over the past couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it runs once I've downloaded FM and a few other things. I was just wondering though, does anyone know how to transfer save games from my old laptop to my new one, because I have a couple of 40+ year saves that I really dont want to lose when I reset my old laptop back to factory settings tonight. An easy step by step would be very helpful as I'm not very good with these things. Thanks again :D

Just checked, notebooksbilliger.de only sells to business clients elsewhere than Germany & Austria. But Cyberport seems to deliver to the UK until the 1st of December 2012 (then some registration law for businessmen kicks in?).

For the i7 fans:

with a 710 pound budget: http://www.cyberport.de/notebook-und-tablet/notebooks/1C31-24T/lenovo-ideapad-y580-m772age---ivy-bridge-i7-3610qm-6gb-500gb-gtx660m-windows-7.html

685 pounds: http://www.cyberport.de/notebook-und-tablet/notebooks/1C26-8N2/acer-aspire-v3-771g-736b8g50maii-i7-3630qm-full-hd-gt650m-2gb-gaming-hit.html

627 pounds (re-post): http://www.cyberport.de/notebook-und-tablet/notebooks/1C26-8KD/acer-aspire-v3-571g-73618g75makk-i7-3610qm-ivy-bridge-8gb-gt640m-2gb.html

605 pounds: http://www.cyberport.de/notebook-und-tablet/notebook-berater/erweiterte-suche/1C28-1G6/asus-k75-a75vj-ty054h-multimedia-notebook-mit-windows-8.html

564 pounds: http://www.cyberport.de/notebook-und-tablet/notebooks/1C31-253/aktion-lenovo-g580-mbbn4ge---i7-3612qm-4gb-750gb-gt630m-top-leistung.html

524 pounds (delivery time unknown as of now, though): http://www.cyberport.de/notebook-und-tablet/notebooks/1C36-26T/aktion-toshiba-satellite-l850-1c9-silber-i7-ivy-bridge-plus-4gb-ram-gratis-.html

Ordering from UK seems to work, ~17 pounds shipping cost if you pay with credit card / pay pal / bank transfer.

Don't wonder why it's only cyberport.de offers, right now that's the only cheap & reputable store shipping abroad that i know. If I've got some time spare I might actually try searching for more. And if those prices are in fact helpful, I'll try to follow this thread regularly to help with ordering/language.

yeah... it costs 30 odd quid for delivery though..
I've seen it for like 17 pounds, which store do you mean?

It will use all cores and hyperthreading when needed
Could you point me in the direction of the source for this? Yesterday I only found eventually locked threads plus the one comment from Neil Brock where he said, that processing matches (@FM2012 though) was the only thing supported.

Sorry for asking, but I really couldn't find it :(

Then it's just a claim?

Dual-core support is only for processing fixtures and the match engine. 64-bit support is something we've been discussing internally but no decision has been made upon it yet, it's obviously not something that can be done easily. Thanks.

My laptop has arrived today so thankyou to everyone who has helped me out over the past couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it runs once I've downloaded FM and a few other things. I was just wondering though, does anyone know how to transfer save games from my old laptop to my new one, because I have a couple of 40+ year saves that I really dont want to lose when I reset my old laptop back to factory settings tonight. An easy step by step would be very helpful as I'm not very good with these things. Thanks again :D

yep..

either: copy the save file which will be at : C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\games

to either a usb memory stick or even set up dropbox or a similar online storage space

then just copy it back over to your new pc , to the same location once its all installed :)

the 630m isnt bad.. depending which type you end up with tbh...

and yeah... an i5 or above is what to aim for... but the i3 isn't bad for those on a budget and only using the laptop for general use and casual fm play.

as far as 3d is concerned... get a dedicated graphics card with your laptop and you'll be fine...

if not , get an i5 and you'll be fine with the integrated chip for running 3d in fm

I can only say that personally I wouldn't Gee ... with things as expensive or as fragile , I wouldn't want it being shipped over and passed around like pass the parcel and the savings aren't big enough for me to change my mind really.

But it's really up to you at the end of the day, I mean, it's a reputable store by all accounts so you know...

Don't mind the language barrier, that shouldn't be a problem. The shipping via DHL includes insurance of at least 500€/400 pounds, I'd just e-mail the retailer if i were interested.

But I agree with welshace, there needs to be proper money saved to go through the trouble.

I can only say that personally I wouldn't Gee ... with things as expensive or as fragile , I wouldn't want it being shipped over and passed around like pass the parcel and the savings aren't big enough for me to change my mind really.

But it's really up to you at the end of the day, I mean, it's a reputable store by all accounts so you know...

Yeah I'll definitely leave it. There are a few laptops (in the UK! :)) I'm looking at anyway and that PC of course, so I have finally managed to whittle down my selection lol.

Found this one earlier , those who are looking for a high performance laptop for under £700 might be interested. However I think stock may be low.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-p855-307-15-6-laptop-silver-12520792-pdt.html

That's a decent price tbh, considering it's from Rip off...sorry should I say PC World :D

I have a good house mate who is selling me his Dell Vostro 1310 laptop on the cheap, here is the full specs, can you guys tell me how well it will run FM2013

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.1GHz)

Memory: 2GB - 2 DIMM (DDR2-667) (4GB max)

HDD: 160GB 5400RPM HDD - He has put a new 300gb hard drive in there.

Graphics: 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Also going to upgrade it to Windows 8 once it comes out.

That will run FM13 - but I wouldn't expect anything amazing performance wise, or with 3D graphics.

The links posted above are pretty good (my posts) and only about 50 or 60 quid dearer.

Well worth it if you can stretch that far.

Archived