Miles Jacobson announces new feature for FM19 to become active on Friday

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, prot651 said:

Djibril Cissé   …….  Abou Diaby just to name two

I am not proficient in english but I think I wrote it clear.

1) I metnioned a broken leg, not an arm, a nose or an ankle.

2) I mentioned champion players, not mediocre ones like cissè or the garden keeper of the Emirates Stadium

1 hour ago, MBarbaric said:

that is an extremely generous interpretation of football champion :D 

Cisse' is a champion like Maradona :D :applause:

Sometimes I wonder if someone just want to get provocative or if he really believes that Cisse' and Shaw could be named Champions like Maradona, Van Basten, Pelè etc... 

5 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

I am not proficient in english but I think I wrote it clear.

1) I metnioned a broken leg, not an arm, a nose or an ankle.

2) I mentioned champion players, not mediocre ones like cissè or the garden keeper of the Emirates Stadium

Hey !!! The garden Keeper does a good job 

4 minutes ago, noikeee said:

You'd think most wonderkids who break legs, don't become "champions" because they broke legs at a crucial time of their development.

Are them so many in UK ?  I thought it happend rarely but maybe in UK it happens to the 35% of the new wonderkids, I do not know :)

3 minutes ago, THEMOUSTACHE said:

Fingers crossed it will fix the state of injuries, at this point I'm giving most of my reserves first team football who cant really kick a ball

Why would they need a few lawyers to fix the injuries?

On 28/10/2018 at 20:03, decapitated said:

What do you think this new feature may be? 

If the trailer is the popsmart they just launched on steam, i can only say i must for definite be to old for their target group now adays. Seems like experienced managers are not that appreciated anymore :lol:

I found this randomly on a Norwegian gaming site... FM1888...?

game_cover_116c772817e6d5eea212661dbd097

As well as being the latest game in Sports Interactive’s award winning series, Football Manager 1888 also celebrates 
the 125th anniversary of the Football League and creates history by allowing you to redefine the roots of football. Y
ou can take the crown of the first ever English league winner or face the humiliation of having to seek re-election to the league.

FM1888 sees the introduction of a range of new features and significant changes to some of the game’s existing elements 
to really put you in the shoes of a Victorian football manager.

http://www.pressfire.no/game/6843/Football-Manager-1888

I have no idea if this is a prank or something, but it's mostly a legit site for gaming news.

Edit: Never mind, seems like an old prank....

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I found this randomly on a Norwegian gaming site... FM1888...?

game_cover_116c772817e6d5eea212661dbd097

As well as being the latest game in Sports Interactive’s award winning series, Football Manager 1888 also celebrates 
the 125th anniversary of the Football League and creates history by allowing you to redefine the roots of football. Y
ou can take the crown of the first ever English league winner or face the humiliation of having to seek re-election to the league.

FM1888 sees the introduction of a range of new features and significant changes to some of the game’s existing elements 
to really put you in the shoes of a Victorian football manager.

http://www.pressfire.no/game/6843/Football-Manager-1888

I have no idea if this is a prank or something, but it's mostly a legit site for gaming news.

Edit: Never mind, seems like an old prank....

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah was an 'April fool' from a few years back. 

It would be an awesome game though!

Just now, brewtal said:

Would be great if one year SI just worked on a polished match engine and improved AI instead of implementing pointless features. Improve the core of the game and then when that is solid worry about additions after.

One has nothing to do with the other. ME and AI have dedicated teams.

Now I want the 1888 game!

With all the early weirdness. A tree on the pitch. Weird hills everywhere. With all kinds of rules coming and going as the time passes on. Player interactions and expectations based on the year in question. 

18 minutes ago, Piperita said:

With all the early weirdness. A tree on the pitch. Weird hills everywhere. With all kinds of rules coming and going as the time passes on. Player interactions and expectations based on the year in question. 

And a broken leg = career ending injury.  :D

It would definitely be fun though.

19 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Looks like just some FMT news. Some new leagues etc.

What they are announcing is what Miles said when he couldn't tell the feature that he was suppose to release. These are few announcements of FMM and FMT and some of the Pre-Editor and In Game Editor, they are releasing this week via twitter.

The feature remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Piperita said:

If you read "inverting the Pyramid" it could actually be interesting game :-)

On 29/10/2018 at 08:41, saihtam said:

Must be some kind of editor or something that can be added to existing games. It would not be good marketing to make new feature that is hidden until release and people need to make new game for that.

I think it might be some kind of editor (prays for stadium editor) or online platform that exists outside of the main game; hence it wasn't part of the BETA.

2 hours ago, Piperita said:

game_screenshot_b24ef38944081de9b7c61cfe

"Look here chaps, I'm looking for you to put in a jolly good effort". I would love it! :D

12 hours ago, THEMOUSTACHE said:

Fingers crossed it will fix the state of injuries, at this point I'm giving most of my reserves first team football who cant really kick a ball

That wouldn't be a new feature that required lawyers to agree it, and it was just fixed in the latest patch.

22 hours ago, Mensell76 said:

Back on topic: J league or Bundesliga 3 i.m.o are not big enough additions to announce as a new feature. I still think it is linked with the editor and/or with stadiums. As it involves lawyers, a stadium editor could make sense because infringements might need checking if we are all of a sudden seeing custom made Anfields pop up on YouTube.

J-League is huge, and attracting a lot of world class players these days, Torres, Iniesta, Podolski to name a few.

It has to be either a league or stadiums though, theyre the only things that would have lawyers involved.

Archived