Jump to content

The Unofficially Official Training and Mentoring Guide


Recommended Posts

  • SI Staff
On 18/06/2020 at 13:44, scuba_steve410 said:

I was wondering is there any way to go back and see/get an old training schedule if I progress past that month. I do not have the previous save.

Unfortunately not. You'd need to 'save' a schedule in order to be able to load it up again at a future point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

'Estimated influence on group' is a good guide, but it doesn't mean someone with Light influence cannot influence others, it just means it's less likely than someone with a higher level.

For Determination to change here, a player needs to influence another. There's a chance no one in that group will influence anyone else, especially as they are all young and not estimated to have much influence on one another. It might prevent them from taking after another player in the squad, but I would expect it mostly to do very little.

So are you saying the influence indicator is not relative, meaning that in a group of lights they won't have increased influence amongst each other as opposed to when competing with averages or significants, but rather they simply remain closer to 0 actual influence regardless?

If the possible results to doing this are nothing or some slight insulation from more influential players with worse determination ratings, I might as well go ahead and do it anyway, unless you think there are any possible negatives that I'm missing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 20/06/2020 at 03:22, Weston said:

So are you saying the influence indicator is not relative, meaning that in a group of lights they won't have increased influence amongst each other as opposed to when competing with averages or significants, but rather they simply remain closer to 0 actual influence regardless?

If the possible results to doing this are nothing or some slight insulation from more influential players with worse determination ratings, I might as well go ahead and do it anyway, unless you think there are any possible negatives that I'm missing.

Basically you need a player who has more influence on others to impact positively on the ones you hope to mentor at the end of the day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Basically you need a player who has more influence on others to impact positively on the ones you hope to mentor at the end of the day. 

Right, but I'm not trying to have them mentor each other so much as keep them from being mentored by anyone else. Does that make sense?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
7 hours ago, Weston said:

Right, but I'm not trying to have them mentor each other so much as keep them from being mentored by anyone else. Does that make sense?

Mentoring is just a nudge in your desired direction. If they aren't influencing each other (even following being placed in the same mentoring group) then they are still open to being influenced by others in the squad (even outside of the mentoring group).

Also, just a general heads up that you need a minimum of 3 players in a Mentoring Group for it to do anything (can see you've got 3 there Weston, so all good on that front).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Seb Wassell,

Does the group mentoring helping in relationships for tactical effectiveness?

I mean:

Putting my right side players in one group, center backs in other group etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
1 hour ago, Cadoni said:

Hi @Seb Wassell,

Does the group mentoring helping in relationships for tactical effectiveness?

I mean:

Putting my right side players in one group, center backs in other group etc

Mentoring does not affect Tactical Familiarity, if that is what you are referring to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Mentoring does not affect Tactical Familiarity, if that is what you are referring to.

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

After looking at quite a few websites and youtubes with inconclusive information about how mentoring works, I found this one.  It seems official, so was encouraged.

So I understand mentoring works only between players inside the same squad.  No more mentoring Under-19's with your Model Citizens upstairs.  I understand its not realistic and agree.

So, from now on if you get a 200 pa player and is unprofessional and/or unambitious, you might as well sell or put in the B team with unhireable B-coaches.  The player will under-develop until promotable to the first team, so its best to sell him.  Got it.

This basically makes under-19s non-viable really.   I have to land a professional/model citizen/driven 16 year old with a pa of 200 (or whatever is the highest you could keep at the club unless highly loyal).

So I'm into my 2nd year with a 2nd B division team in Spain.  I'm within a year or two of going up to 1st division (currently in 2nd div).  I'm thinking, whatever I sign is way better than what I can develop, got it.  So fire the under-19 coaches and head of youth.  I have a B team with no coaches.  The Under-19's team doesn't have any fixtures generated even though my under-19's manager is in charge of scheduling friendlies, and neither does the B team.  Not sure why i have those teams at the moment.  So, its pointless to have them really.  Its all a distraction from the game and wondering why I didnt go out for a beer instead.

So, about current youth intake, they always suck, unless i go the cheap route and waste time reloading a save to get lucky and get a player with a pa of 130, wooohoooo!!  But its pointless, since the player will not develop.  Even if he does develop to 130 because he has the right personality, by the time he does, i need 160 ap players.  So why waste resources and time.

So i'm thinking youth systems are just a side show that may generate a player you might play in the first team, maybe in 500 tries, unless i go the reload save cheap "cheat" until something useful is produced.  I'd be spending 70% of my time in FM20 just reloading and reloading and wasting time instead of playing.  Otherwise, youth systems are a side show.  Dont bother with B teams or under-19's if you want to play an honest game.  Just go mercenary route and buy players the program feeds you and get actual real world "game time" in FM.

For me, youth development now is broken.  Its pointless really.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kuxillo said:

So I understand mentoring works only between players inside the same squad.  No more mentoring Under-19's with your Model Citizens upstairs.  I understand its not realistic and agree.

So, from now on if you get a 200 pa player and is unprofessional and/or unambitious, you might as well sell or put in the B team with unhireable B-coaches.  The player will under-develop until promotable to the first team, so its best to sell him.  Got it.

This basically makes under-19s non-viable really.   I have to land a professional/model citizen/driven 16 year old with a pa of 200 (or whatever is the highest you could keep at the club unless highly loyal).

We have 3 important attributes for development in Determination, Professionalism and Ambition. I don't think you get an Unprofessional personality? Unambitious only tells us he lacks Ambition, but he may still be Determined and Professional, so it's not a lost cause at all.

Then there's still the overall squad personality that can influence a player. So get influential players in who have good personalities.

Mentoring is another option, of course, if you decide to give him a couple of appearances here and there, especially if it's a hot prospect like that.

6 hours ago, kuxillo said:

So, about current youth intake, they always suck, unless i go the cheap route and waste time reloading a save to get lucky and get a player with a pa of 130, wooohoooo!!  But its pointless, since the player will not develop.  Even if he does develop to 130 because he has the right personality, by the time he does, i need 160 ap players.  So why waste resources and time.

Don't stare blindly at the CA/PA numbers. The attribute spread and hidden attributes can mean a 130CA player is better than a 160CA player. I've had a 137CA player, rated 2.5* at the time, who kept out a player with 170+CA (I think 172 at the time), rated 4*, just because the 'weaker' player outperformed him.

And even if it comes to the point where he has developed mostly and you don't find him good enough,, you should still be able to make decent money out of that player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/07/2020 at 23:15, kuxillo said:

After looking at quite a few websites and youtubes with inconclusive information about how mentoring works, I found this one.  It seems official, so was encouraged.

So I understand mentoring works only between players inside the same squad.  No more mentoring Under-19's with your Model Citizens upstairs.  I understand its not realistic and agree.

So, from now on if you get a 200 pa player and is unprofessional and/or unambitious, you might as well sell or put in the B team with unhireable B-coaches.  The player will under-develop until promotable to the first team, so its best to sell him.  Got it.

This basically makes under-19s non-viable really.   I have to land a professional/model citizen/driven 16 year old with a pa of 200 (or whatever is the highest you could keep at the club unless highly loyal).

So I'm into my 2nd year with a 2nd B division team in Spain.  I'm within a year or two of going up to 1st division (currently in 2nd div).  I'm thinking, whatever I sign is way better than what I can develop, got it.  So fire the under-19 coaches and head of youth.  I have a B team with no coaches.  The Under-19's team doesn't have any fixtures generated even though my under-19's manager is in charge of scheduling friendlies, and neither does the B team.  Not sure why i have those teams at the moment.  So, its pointless to have them really.  Its all a distraction from the game and wondering why I didnt go out for a beer instead.

So, about current youth intake, they always suck, unless i go the cheap route and waste time reloading a save to get lucky and get a player with a pa of 130, wooohoooo!!  But its pointless, since the player will not develop.  Even if he does develop to 130 because he has the right personality, by the time he does, i need 160 ap players.  So why waste resources and time.

So i'm thinking youth systems are just a side show that may generate a player you might play in the first team, maybe in 500 tries, unless i go the reload save cheap "cheat" until something useful is produced.  I'd be spending 70% of my time in FM20 just reloading and reloading and wasting time instead of playing.  Otherwise, youth systems are a side show.  Dont bother with B teams or under-19's if you want to play an honest game.  Just go mercenary route and buy players the program feeds you and get actual real world "game time" in FM.

For me, youth development now is broken.  Its pointless really.

You are fundamentally wrong in your statements. Lots of things influence  youth intake, not just random luck. The more tickets you buy for the lottery, the more chances you get to win it.

Also in European football you need Homegrown players in the Roster, so you better start to take care of your young player if you want to ever be relevant in there...

Link to post
Share on other sites

How am I supposed to use the Leadership courses? Is it for youngsters, or for established players that are Team Leaders? Since they feel so disconnected from the rest of the training to me, I don't really use them.

The few times I've used them they didn't have any effect (though that was in FM19). I also wonder if Leadership can be mentored, or if the courses are the only way?

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, infisert said:

How am I supposed to use the Leadership courses? Is it for youngsters, or for established players that are Team Leaders? Since they feel so disconnected from the rest of the training to me, I don't really use them.

The few times I've used them they didn't have any effect (though that was in FM19). I also wonder if Leadership can be mentored, or if the courses are the only way?

@Seb Wassell

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
On 22/07/2020 at 22:44, Experienced Defender said:

Leadership courses are best employed for players that have shown some aptitude for leadership but you'd like to further improve the attribute before considering them a "leader", maybe with an eye to them becoming Captain, Vice Captain or a Team Leader.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
On 25/06/2020 at 01:45, Guest said:

Hi @Seb Wassell,

Does the group mentoring helping in relationships for tactical effectiveness?

I mean:

Putting my right side players in one group, center backs in other group etc

Mentoring does not affect Tactical Familiarity. You want to look at your training sessions for that :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Leadership courses are best employed for players that have shown some aptitude for leadership but you'd like to further improve the attribute before considering them a "leader", maybe with an eye to them becoming Captain, Vice Captain or a Team Leader.

Does it matter how old the player is when taking these courses?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this has been answered before, but is there a maximum of players that should be in a mentoring group for it to be effective?

or to phrase it in another way, would a 3 man mentoring group be more effective than one with 6? or is the number of players irrelevant?

Edited by Serios Sim
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Serios Sim said:

would a 3 man mentoring group be more effective than one with 6?

I would say yes, because it should logically be easier/faster for the mentor to exert his influence when he has fewer players to work with. But for a definite answer, we'll once again have to rely on Mr. @Seb Wassell ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
17 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

I would say yes, because it should logically be easier/faster for the mentor to exert his influence when he has fewer players to work with. But for a definite answer, we'll once again have to rely on Mr. @Seb Wassell ;)

I think it's probably fair to leave you to experiment with that one and figure out what works best for you! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does being injuried influence mentoring?

Let's say one of my most influential players gets a long term injury, am I better off switching the players he was mentoring into a different group until he gets back on training?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Some training sessions - for example Att. Movement or Def. Positioning - where it lists the attributes covered say Individual Roles. I therefore made these foundational in my training system. 
However with my youth teams I’ve found it difficult to load in tactics and instead generally use the base formations. So my question is when a training session covers Individual Roles is it covering each player’s assigned individual role training or is it covering the role set in the position they’re assigned in the tactic?

i.e. I have a lot of centre backs in my Roma youth system. They’re all assigned BPD-De training yet in the 3-4-2-1 formation I’ve slotted them all into the role is just CD-De. So, in a Def. Positioning session, would they be training as BPD or CD?

This seems like a hard one, at least it’s a long one, so I’m just going to go straight the source @Seb Wassell

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
3 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Some training sessions - for example Att. Movement or Def. Positioning - where it lists the attributes covered say Individual Roles. I therefore made these foundational in my training system. 
However with my youth teams I’ve found it difficult to load in tactics and instead generally use the base formations. So my question is when a training session covers Individual Roles is it covering each player’s assigned individual role training or is it covering the role set in the position they’re assigned in the tactic?

i.e. I have a lot of centre backs in my Roma youth system. They’re all assigned BPD-De training yet in the 3-4-2-1 formation I’ve slotted them all into the role is just CD-De. So, in a Def. Positioning session, would they be training as BPD or CD?

This seems like a hard one, at least it’s a long one, so I’m just going to go straight the source @Seb Wassell

'Individual Roles' refers to the position/role in which they have been set to train via their own individual training.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 25/06/2020 at 01:13, Seb Wassell said:

Mentoring is just a nudge in your desired direction. If they aren't influencing each other (even following being placed in the same mentoring group) then they are still open to being influenced by others in the squad (even outside of the mentoring group).

Also, just a general heads up that you need a minimum of 3 players in a Mentoring Group for it to do anything (can see you've got 3 there Weston, so all good on that front).

How long should we Wait to see an affect? I am mentoring 3 CB with together, and with one Significant influence since 4 months and no Change? 

I am mentoring position based, like CB with CB and Striker with Striker & out of 6 players in have seen a change in +1 Determination in Striker from 5 to 6 in four months. 

How should we setup groups to make this work?! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sverige91 said:

How long should we Wait to see an affect? I am mentoring 3 CB with together, and with one Significant influence since 4 months and no Change? 

I am mentoring position based, like CB with CB and Striker with Striker & out of 6 players in have seen a change in +1 Determination in Striker from 5 to 6 in four months. 

How should we setup groups to make this work?! 

The less people the more effective, 3 minimum, you will see changes during few seasons, a point or 2 by season.

There are not miraculous changes in personality and 5 --> 15 determination in a season anymore. Great change in FM20 in that respect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sharkn20 said:

The less people the more effective, 3 minimum, you will see changes during few seasons, a point or 2 by season.

There are not miraculous changes in personality and 5 --> 15 determination in a season anymore. Great change in FM20 in that respect.

There are only 3 people in group but if affects 2 points per season then It is a broken system because then you need already a "Professionel" "Model Citizen", because you cant train to be good in personality by increasing 2 every year! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
On 22/08/2020 at 12:49, sverige91 said:

How long should we Wait to see an affect? I am mentoring 3 CB with together, and with one Significant influence since 4 months and no Change? 

I am mentoring position based, like CB with CB and Striker with Striker & out of 6 players in have seen a change in +1 Determination in Striker from 5 to 6 in four months. 

How should we setup groups to make this work?! 

It is not something set in stone. Literally changing someone's personality can take time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, sverige91 said:

There are only 3 people in group but if affects 2 points per season then It is a broken system because then you need already a "Professionel" "Model Citizen", because you cant train to be good in personality by increasing 2 every year! 

What would be broken is the other way around, you can't change the personality of any football player in one year, you can't get a lazy player to become an example in matter of few months, that's point blank unrealistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

It is not something set in stone. Literally changing someone's personality can take time.

You didnt even answer the question? - yes personality change should take time but if we are not seeing any change, should we continue? Should we try with others players? How long can we Wait for this?

"It is not something set in stone. Literally changing someone's personality can take time." - this is not a answer, it Is a game so we should expect some Kind of response if it is working or not? Maybe some comment why this is not working. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

What would be broken is the other way around, you can't change the personality of any football player in one year, you can't get a lazy player to become an example in matter of few months, that's point blank unrealistic.

So how long should it take? Because they are unlikely to change after 22 years. If we are not seeing any change with mentoring between 19-21. There is no indication why this is not working or maybe SI should provide a list where which personalities should be mentored, because not seeing any change after 6-7 is frustrating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, sverige91 said:

So how long should it take? Because they are unlikely to change after 22 years. If we are not seeing any change with mentoring between 19-21. There is no indication why this is not working or maybe SI should provide a list where which personalities should be mentored, because not seeing any change after 6-7 is frustrating. 

you can expect few levels increase with the proper mentoring. Never expect an unambitius player become a model citizen though. That will never happen. If they increase 3 or 4 levels be extremely happy, i.e. unambituous --> balanced.

Edited by Sharkn20
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
21 hours ago, sverige91 said:

should we continue? Should we try with others players? How long can we Wait for this?

This is down to your best judgement as the manager  :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sverige91 said:

It should be down to game developers to provide more information if something is not working. Maybe be little but helpful, should not avoid questions. 

The question isn't being avoided - as you can tell by Seb replying. They're obviously just shying away from giving away specifics. These things can't be narrowed down to specifics IRL, so it's not intended to be in FM. Tutoring was far too open to being 'gamed' so Mentoring is supposed to be much more realistic and following real life, complete with the uncertainty of exactly what and how much effect it will have.

SI's trying to move away from gaming the system and 'if x then y' type of scenarios because these aren't set in stone IRL either. Observe. Tweak. Observe more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

The question isn't being avoided - as you can tell by Seb replying. They're obviously just shying away from giving away specifics. These things can't be narrowed down to specifics IRL, so it's not intended to be in FM. Tutoring was far too open to being 'gamed' so Mentoring is supposed to be much more realistic and following real life, complete with the uncertainty of exactly what and how much effect it will have.

SI's trying to move away from gaming the system and 'if x then y' type of scenarios because these aren't set in stone IRL either. Observe. Tweak. Observe more. 

Whilst I agree the old system was way too prone to being abused and just poor and I don't agree with the way @sverige91 is going about it, it would make sense if we had more information visible in game. Right now we set up mentoring groups, and... wait? No way of knowing if it's working or not, if we did the right thing or not, if the game cares about players being from the same nationality, or speaking the same language, or being in the same training unit, or playing in similar positions, or being in the same social group, or a player being in another player's favoured personnel, or the little message that says 'Believe player X is a vital part of the team', or if an injuried player still influences his mentoring group, I could go on forever... In real life a manager would see on day to day training those little things and interactions and the players getting along or not, but in game we obviously can't see that. It's cool being up to the managers judgment, but if we have no info to go by other than guesswork, it's not ideal.

It would be really good and not unrealistic if the game provided some sort of feedback, messages that said player X and Y aren't getting along well in the mentoring group, or that a player looks up to another. I'd even have negative effects like if a player feels pressured and doesn't think he'll ever be able to fit the mental requirements he sees on first team players and that drops some attributes.

It's fine that it can take a month or a year or two to see changes in terms of attribute changes, I don't mind that, but I'd love more information to go by.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, dekzeh said:

Whilst I agree the old system was way too prone to being abused and just poor and I don't agree with the way @sverige91 is going about it, it would make sense if we had more information visible in game. Right now we set up mentoring groups, and... wait? No way of knowing if it's working or not, if we did the right thing or not, if the game cares about players being from the same nationality, or speaking the same language, or being in the same training unit, or playing in similar positions, or being in the same social group, or a player being in another player's favoured personnel, or the little message that says 'Believe player X is a vital part of the team', or if an injuried player still influences his mentoring group, I could go on forever... In real life a manager would see on day to day training those little things and interactions and the players getting along or not, but in game we obviously can't see that. It's cool being up to the managers judgment, but if we have no info to go by other than guesswork, it's not ideal.

It would be really good and not unrealistic if the game provided some sort of feedback, messages that said player X and Y aren't getting along well in the mentoring group, or that a player looks up to another. I'd even have negative effects like if a player feels pressured and doesn't think he'll ever be able to fit the mental requirements he sees on first team players and that drops some attributes.

It's fine that it can take a month or a year or two to see changes in terms of attribute changes, I don't mind that, but I'd love more information to go by.

More info is always a good thing. Right now, we have monthly reports. If you have anything else to suggest, please do so in the feature requests section.  :thup:

These things affects us all and I'm never against more info or feedback. Right now, we do have some feedback and we can also monitor progress, but if you have suggestions, please do add them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

More info is always a good thing. Right now, we have monthly reports. If you have anything else to suggest, please do so in the feature requests section.  :thup:

These things affects us all and I'm never against more info or feedback. Right now, we do have some feedback and we can also monitor progress, but if you have suggestions, please do add them.

Genuine question, how do we monitor mentoring progress?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, dekzeh said:

Genuine question, how do we monitor mentoring progress?

Right now, AFAIK, we get the monthly reports. That shows us whether we had positive or negative effects on the player. We can also check a player's progress, so we can see if they have Determination changes at the very least. There might be more, but it's what I can think of right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Right now, AFAIK, we get the monthly reports. That shows us whether we had positive or negative effects on the player. We can also check a player's progress, so we can see if they have Determination changes at the very least. There might be more, but it's what I can think of right now.

This is what i mean, i am wasting almost 6-7 months of a players development in mentoring group that is not working. They should be atleast some feedback from Assistant that maybe their "personality is not matchning" or "i dont think that XX player is can mentor XX player" - i dont want very Quick development but some see some changes in personality in by +1 or - 1, i use In-game editor to monitor their process. 

My question was best way to put groups? It is position wise or personality wise? Or is it a good idea to out fickle player or mercenary with loyal players? Some kind to official guide because YOU guys are developers and know how things work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sverige91 said:

This is what i mean, i am wasting almost 6-7 months of a players development in mentoring group that is not working. They should be atleast some feedback from Assistant that maybe their "personality is not matchning" or "i dont think that XX player is can mentor XX player" - i dont want very Quick development but some see some changes in personality in by +1 or - 1, i use In-game editor to monitor their process. 

My question was best way to put groups? It is position wise or personality wise? Or is it a good idea to out fickle player or mercenary with loyal players? Some kind to official guide because YOU guys are developers and know how things work. 

YOU are the manager. YOU need to decide what's better and what's not. That is the point. We're trying to get away from "if x then y" sort of situations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 25/08/2020 at 04:28, sverige91 said:

My question was best way to put groups? It is position wise or personality wise?

In the guide, its explained that you want them to ideally be part of the same unit. Being in the same social group also helps. You want the player to have some influence on the group. So a player like a team leader can be a very good mentor. Not every player is a good mentor. You as a manager choose what kind of personalities you don't want at the club. I can't overstate this. 

There is no magic pill. Managers like me have a simple way of player as long as you are fairly..."something" you are decent. A player with a balanced personality with 20 determination and 20 work rate can also be a good player. If you are looking for some kind of guide that says these are the attributes you aim for, these are the personalities you want and these are the personalities you exorcise, then you probably won't find it here.

Now as far as mentoring time is concerned, it varies. Sometimes a player can have a significant bump in determination leading up to a personality change in 6 months, sometimes it feels forever, and that is common across the board. There is a simple reason why. It's because its random, and depends on other factors in the game. There are ways you can boost the chance of it happening, but that's entirely another thread and its purely subjective and that can depend on factors some may find hard to achieve.

Personality is also not one attribute its a combination of attributes in the game, so to say you need a clear indication of it happening in the game is something thats beyond the scope of this guide, because ultimately personality development is supposed to be organic. For example, if you have a team of fickle players a player with model professional status could get negatively influenced. Bad apple and all that stuff. 

The best way to put your groups, by same unit. Ideally same social group, and find players higher up in hierarchy and time spent at the club to be your mentors. How long will it take, thats random.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, DMaster2 said:

Maybe it's already been asked and answered, but for mentoring it's better a small group (ex. 4-5 players max) or even large groups (8-9 players) are as good?

My personal approach is to go with smaller groups (3-4 players). But that's just me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/08/2020 at 08:11, Rashidi said:

In the guide, its explained that you want them to ideally be part of the same unit. Being in the same social group also helps. You want the player to have some influence on the group. So a player like a team leader can be a very good mentor. Not every player is a good mentor. You as a manager choose what kind of personalities you don't want at the club. I can't overstate this. 

There is no magic pill. Managers like me have a simple way of player as long as you are fairly..."something" you are decent. A player with a balanced personality with 20 determination and 20 work rate can also be a good player. If you are looking for some kind of guide that says these are the attributes you aim for, these are the personalities you want and these are the personalities you exorcise, then you probably won't find it here.

Now as far as mentoring time is concerned, it varies. Sometimes a player can have a significant bump in determination leading up to a personality change in 6 months, sometimes it feels forever, and that is common across the board. There is a simple reason why. It's because its random, and depends on other factors in the game. There are ways you can boost the chance of it happening, but that's entirely another thread and its purely subjective and that can depend on factors some may find hard to achieve.

Personality is also not one attribute its a combination of attributes in the game, so to say you need a clear indication of it happening in the game is something thats beyond the scope of this guide, because ultimately personality development is supposed to be organic. For example, if you have a team of fickle players a player with model professional status could get negatively influenced. Bad apple and all that stuff. 

The best way to put your groups, by same unit. Ideally same social group, and find players higher up in hierarchy and time spent at the club to be your mentors. How long will it take, thats random.

After reading here I tried it out with some groups: within one week my Keeper changed from balanced to fairly determined.

It‘s a shame that I had it on AssMan because I have several youngsters who now are long enough in the club that the Influence on other players is already average. I’m a little scared that they influence my leading players negative (?)

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Does age play any part for mentors? i have a 23 year old full back who is developing well and is driven would having him as a mentor slow down his own progress in any way? he's in the core group and shows up as average influence and the guys he would be mentoring show as light influence but are played in different positions as i am only aiming for the personalities to change of the "balanced" light influenced guys.

I kind of get the feeling that mentors should be players at or close to their peak but hopefully im wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have a VERY simple question

My players regularly complain of training intensity not being high enough. But without me going into the calendar and manually keep adding sessions, I can't see a way to make it permanent.

I even have messages from my assisstant saying "I feel the situation can be resolved by increasing the intensity of the training". 

BUT HOW???? There is no slider, or intensity dropdown etc. Can someone post a pic to show me what to do? I can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ush said:

I have a VERY simple question

My players regularly complain of training intensity not being high enough. But without me going into the calendar and manually keep adding sessions, I can't see a way to make it permanent.

I even have messages from my assisstant saying "I feel the situation can be resolved by increasing the intensity of the training". 

BUT HOW???? There is no slider, or intensity dropdown etc. Can someone post a pic to show me what to do? I can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks

You can set those players' individual training intensity to "Double" (if you already haven't). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

You can set those players' individual training intensity to "Double" (if you already haven't). 

Yeah - I can do it individually - but what if I just want to double up the whole squad?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Rashidi changed the title to The Unofficially Official Training and Mentoring Guide

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...