[FM19] From the Alps to Glory - Southtyrolean Identity

ElCuriosoJr

Hello to everyone. Its my first attempt to write about one of my saves. I’m a Long Time Reader of the Forum, especially the section of the Career Updates. I love this kind of stuff and am trying to emulate some of things i read.

For this adventure I choose a Italian Lower league Club. Currently Italian Football goes trough a sort of crisis. If Serie A teams like Juventus, Inter, Milan, Roma, etc., thanks to American and Asian Investors, can count on a lot of money to spend for Superstars, for serie B and Lega Pro (Third league) to survive is much more difficult. There is absolut chaos.

Two months into the season, several clubs still don’t know in which division they will be playing in and some teams have hardly played at all.

Read more about it

But there is a Club in the North of Italy, on the boarder to Austria, that wants to outstand a little bit, and don’t go with the Italian Ideal.

FC Südtirol – Alto Adige

fc-s%C3%BCdtirol-website-new-logo.jpgSouth_Tyrol_in_Italy_svg.thumb.png.0a465f9f02de1822c7e356d232aa6d7c.png

Geography, History and Aim of my Save

For those of you not knowing it. Fc Südtirol Alto Adige is a club based in the City of Bozen/Bolzano,  in the autonomous province South Tyrol.  The province is the northernmost of Italy, therefore about 65% of the population speaks German (Standard German in the written form and an Austro-Bavarian dialect in the spoken form); about 30% of the population speaks Italian, mainly in and around the two largest cities (Bolzano and Merano); 5% speaks Ladin, a Rhaeto-Romance language.

Until 1918 it was part of the Austro-Hungarian princely County of Tyrol, but this almost completely German-speaking territory was occupied by Italy at the end of the war in November 1918 and was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy in 1919. With the rise of Fascism, the new regime made efforts to bring forward the Italianization of South Tyrol. The German language was banished from public service, German teaching was officially forbidden, and German newspapers were censored. The regime also favored immigration from other Italian regions. But the Southtyroleans, after several years of suffer, fought back and were able to create a autonomy.

In 1996, the Euroregion Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino was formed between the Austrian state of Tyrol and the Italian provinces of South Tyrol and Trentino. And here comes in my plan for this save. I will try to have at least 50% of my players from this regions:

• North Tyrol (Austria) - the most  Important Team in this Region is Wacker-Innsbruck. Last year they won the "2. Liga" (Second Divison) and were promoted to "Bundesliga". Hopefully they can stay there for long, because my idea is to create an affilation with them in the future and to bring to Italy some of very good Austrian players.  In 2. Liga there is also WSG Wattens. From the Third Tier Schwaz, Kufstein or Kitzbuhel have changes to win promotion to the 2 Liga. 

• Ost Tyrol (Austria) - actually no team in the game is playable from this region. I hope, because of their history, Rapid Lienz can be back soon. 

• South Tyrol (Italy) - obviously Fc Südtirol-Alto Adige is the strongest team in this region. In the last years they played for promotion, and hopefully with a bit of luck in the next years we can win this League. Other teams in Serie D (fourth tier) are Virtus Bolzano and FC St.Georgen

• Trentino (Italy) - In this region we can find only teams in Serie D, but with good hopes to see them soon in higher leagues. Trento is a historical team in the professional Leagues of Italy. In the 70s they played there quite long. other Teams: Levico Terme.

1024px-Tirol-Suedtirol-Trentino.thumb.png.a089bfb1943e81ae6cc59b9b58b19f22.png

The Club

1990259448_SudtirolAltoAdige_Facilities.thumb.png.0c9d0128dd6dff4df8f79ed8162a7757.png

As you can see FC Südtirol have great training facilities and great youth facilities. The "FCS Center" in Appiano sulla Strada del Vino is a real jewel. I am really happy that the FM-Team have increased the Level of Training and Youth Facilities, like in real. FCS Center was opened in march of 2018, and includes two natural turf pitches, two artificial turf pitches and another small artificial turf pitch or the first and the youth teams.  This summer the German national team uses  the center for the preparation of the World Cup in Russia.

header-trainingszentrum.jpg

dji-0064-1170x877.jpg

Hopefully thanks to this, we can bring trough our youth, home based players for our First team. The plan is to invest a lot  into the Training Ground. 

Southtyrolean Identity

People of this region are known for there hard work and their attachment to their home.

After two world wars, after many years of suffer, they came back stronger, and are now the region in Italy with the highest quality of life. They defeated Fascism and Italianization, because they love their land and their culture.

Therefore, I decided, that I want not only good footballers, but also real man, that are keen to go through fire for their teammates. I want players with high „determination“, high „work rate“and high „team work“.

This is the DNA of the team.

The Mister

I choose to name the manager to one of the most important southtyrolean personalities. Let us welcome „Oswald von Wolkenstein“as the new manager of the club. Von Wolkenstein was a poet, composer and diplomat.

1375778093_Game__OswaldVonWolkenstein-Sudtirol__GameAddNewManager.thumb.png.a0c13642a00ed2bcedf77533a3f77d61.png

Who if not him could teach the Southtyrolean Identity to our players?

The Squad

Goalkeepers:

274dcc47d3f844a75a8ae963b157b8c2.png

Offredi D. is clearly the number one, with Ravaglia F. ready to step in in case of injury or eventally in cup games. Tononi S. is one of our brightest Youth Players. At the moment he's on loan at Inter Milan. Hopefully he can learn a lot from the Serie A club and maybe become the future number one. 

Defenders:

a9659dc1a6d0ad40937a46ac92c99884.png

Tait F. is our best player in defence. He respects already the so important "Southtyrolean Identity". Born in Bolzano, he played at a young age in the 5th Italian tier, then went to Serie D. In the past 4 years he  became one of our most important members of our team and is oficially vice captain of the squad. With Vinetot K., Fabbri A., Procopio M. and Della Giovanna F. we have plenty of good and young players to compete in the League. 

Midfielders:

e61dd547705b10ebc85f7317a5228632.png

In Midfield imo the most important player is without doubt our captain, our team leader, Fink H. After 12 seasons for our club, 227 games played, he will lead the midfield. With Berardocco L. and De Rose F. we have quality players to complete this department. Not born in our Region they have the mental ability and the right DNA to become important mens for our team.

Attackers:

d0978ecbb98490a17e96283d3dc5dee2.png

Costantino R., Mazzocchi S. (on loan from Atalanta Bergamo), Turchetta G. and De Cenco C. are 4 players in Attack, who can be starters. In pre season everyobody gets their change.  Sgarbi L. (on loan at Napoli, comes back at the end of the year), Francescon F. and  Sade J. are three players from the youth and born in the region. If they develope well, in the next years, they can be important for our club. 

Tactic:

2999f577d9075f93bb8fde3695685fa6.png

For this year I opt to use a 5-3-2 WB as starting tactic. I will use this formation in the pre season and will then decide if I have to tweak the tactic or not. 

I go for a Balanced Mentality (in the future I wanna go more attacking). In comparison to the other teams in the league, we stick out in Leadership, Work Rate and Agression. Also in Strenght and Fitness we have good Attributes. So I put in a Slightly More Direct Passing, a Higher Tempo and a more Wide playing style in possesion. In transition I want to Counter and Counter Press, searching to regain possession quickly with a higher Defensive line, with a higher line of Engagement and a high Pressing Line to search the goal quickly. 

EDIT: As you can see only 5 of 24 players were born in our Region. This is only 20,8%. For this year we mainly will leave it like this. In the future we have to improve it, and take players under contract that suits our playing identity. We have to bring back to the club 2-3 Icons and hopefully can count on our first Youth Intake. More of it in the next post. 

The best thing about forums like these is learning about clubs with unique and quirky identities, I love this. I'm assuming your proximity to the border should mean a really cool mix in nationalities for your regens. Have you attempted these kind of saves before in terms of the youth only? I'd feel way out of my depth in that capacity. Best of luck with this, the tactical shape is something I liked last year, seems you can get wingbacks at lower levels a lot easier than last yea too which is nice.

Il 28/10/2018 in 03:17 , ManUtd1 ha scritto:

Good luck, man!

Thank you, man. I‘ll Need it :brock:

13 ore fa, Carambau ha scritto:

Interesting approach. I will be following :)

I‘ll try to Update it every 1-2 days. Thanks for your follow

29 minuti fa, King Cactus ha scritto:

The best thing about forums like these is learning about clubs with unique and quirky identities, I love this. I'm assuming your proximity to the border should mean a really cool mix in nationalities for your regens. Have you attempted these kind of saves before in terms of the youth only? I'd feel way out of my depth in that capacity. Best of luck with this, the tactical shape is something I liked last year, seems you can get wingbacks at lower levels a lot easier than last yea too which is nice.

Its my First attempt with this Club, so i don’t know what i will get from my youth intakes in therms of nationality/Second nationality. I will try to work on a partnership with Wacker Innsbruck. The idea in the future is to loan Players to the Austrian Bundesliga Teams and buy Players from there. I don‘t Want to Play a simple Game...i Want to create a Club Identity, where Attachment to home and patriotism Stands in the First Place. 

Pre Season

d7b4c92f39401e7fd3a2c479e44cbccc.png

Pre Season went really well. We played a lot of friendlies, where we could increase match sharpness of all players. We won against Ascoli and Carpi, teams that compete a level  higher in Serie B. In the first Qual. Round in Coppa Italia we won against Como (Serie D, 4th Tier) 2-0. In the second Qual Round we were humiliated by Hellas Verona. We went in the game more defensivly, with 5 at the back, a much lower defensive line, but couldn't prevend the defeat. 

Finally the debut match of the Season is on the line. We are predicted to finish Serie C Group B in 7th position., with Ternana, Vicenza and Feralpi Salò to compete for the title. Board expects a Mid table finish, so our aim is to qualify for the Playoffs. (2-10 position plays for promotion. here comes in also the other teams of Group A and C.)

Trying to bring in some Southtyrolean DNA:

I decided to don't use this transfer window. I want to go until january with the original players, and then see and look for players that meet the criteria. 

One of this players could be our record holder for the most league goals. 73ed1d6ee4bbebc5b81bc2a3cb3e6c06.png

88a276bd99d9c509f381cb62378f9d1b.png                  71e51f8f417928888d6bf7fd5aa90019.png

81b2da0b88a3d6aa9ee20c8c3dbacc71.png

Fischnaller M. is one of the latest talents of the club. At age 17 he debuted for the club and played with interruptions 7 seasons for the club. He can and hopefully will be our first transfer. A player, with southtyrolean DNA, an example of what i want. 

49a8fb5f26f338e4d2e817114b6ede88.png   35394380045148ccbc771beb4ef97e24.png

Another great player for this league is Scavone M. He was born in Bolzano, and played 6 seasons at Stadio Druso, until he left to play in higher divisions. At age 31 he is at the peak of his carrer. If his contract runs out, we will try to bring him back. 

September 2018

3dc664fa55ba02f457bddef15d715aa3.png

66bdf56463bb8f65d86674d04882940d.pngeeeab5a78590fb2b0574100698ac17fb.png

What a phenomenal start into the season. After 5 games we are unbeaten, with 4 wins against Teramo, Fermana, Giana Erminio and Rimini and a draw against Fano. With 5 goals in 5 games Costantino R. is going for winning the award of Top Goalscorer. 

EDIT: Now i've seen, that all of our games were given a neutral stadium. I checked in the Bug Forum and saw that everyone has the same problem, and to solve this, I have to start a completely new save. That pulls down my enthusiasm a lot. Now I have to decide what to do. Probably I will stop this save until the release of the full game, start a new save and holiday the first months. I'm lucky that I have played only 5 games in the league. 

New beginning, same story

I started a new game, because of the bug. In Beta version there were no Home and Away Matches, but only games in Neutral Stadiums. To change this, the only way was starting a new save. Well.....it "slightly" went different. No unbeaten run, no top of the table. 

But...

Pre Season and September 2018

I went on holiday until the end of September, with the hope my Assistant Manager can bring the same results as last time. 

68eb58fe42742b536a6d2fef9d9a5d07.png

Friendly Matches were positive. We beat Campodarsego in Italian Cup 1st Qual Round, but than kicked out of it by Palermo. 

Then we had a terrible start in the League. We draw againts Ternana and Sambenedettese, and lost against Virtus Verona (at home) and Vicenza. It was a mor difficult start on the paper then last time. But i do not tolerate excuses. Now i have to bring the squad back on track. Let the work begin. 

28151fa3870b6dd24399c475a01a4f10.png

After Beta Version was updated to Full Version, the Team name showed in the league Table is not "Sudtirol", but "Alto Adige". Some of you know how I can change it?

October 2018

After the "disaster" of my Assistant Manager, i came back from Holiday. Back in Bolzano we immediatly let the guys know, that we can't go on like this. I told my captains Fink H. and Tait F. that this is not the right way to work. We have to put more effort to stamp the Southtyrolean DNA on the chest of our players. And they react like real man...

98392eab84beb22b2d78690aa8500fe1.png413e1ba7effc2478f9b6f800abdacc99.png

We go on an unbeaten run in the league with wins against Pordenone, Gubbio and Fermana and proceed in Coppa Italia di Serie C. We beat Vicenza on penalties and demolish Pordenone in front of an unbelievable crowd of 17 spectators :D

After this month the League Table looks slightly better. We moved to 7th position. It looks like Vicenza wants to smash the League.

fd38e5dd29be408324742df46f364111.png

November 2018

47da9a98c295caddc139744e1783dca3.png

Another great and well played month. We carrie on  Our unbeaten run in the league with wins against Renate, Rimini and Ravenna. The only negative result was in the 3rd Round of Coppa Italia di Serie C. We lost against Renate at home. In this match I full rotated the squad and gave important minutes to some of our players. Now, with the teame out of all Cups, we can full concentrate on the League. 

One thing I have to take care in the Winter transfer are the Finances. 

4dbe227f0184e325fe78853ef0f102c0.png

At the moment I have a monthly lost about 200.000€. Its way to much. 

Income:  

• SponsorshiPWe have a Main Kit Sponsor for the next 4 years at 400.000€ a year. 
  • TV-Revenue: At the moment we stay at around 250.000€, but this could be increased, if some of our next games should be trasmitted in TV.
  • Season Tickets and Gate Receipts: We sold 250 Season tickets at an average Season ticket price of 205€. Thats 51.250€ a year. After 6 Home Games we have a Average Attendance of 900 specatorts a game. With an average price of 17€ /ticket, 20 Home Games in the League, we have an Income of 221.000€ (I already took out the 250 Season Ticket Holders).

In Total we have an Income of 922.250€. 

Expenditure:

• Player Wages: For the moment we pay 1.645.700€. That means, we already exceed our Budget. 
  • Staff Wages: Around 900.000€ 
  • Other Costs: Youth Setup and Non-Football Costs are around 450.000€ 

So in total we have costs of 2.995.700€.

If we go on like this, we are going bankrupt. I have to drastically reduce Player- and Staff Wages. Hopefully we can get rid of some players we don't need at the moment. If we stay at the top half, maybe we can sell some of our players and get some extra money from transfers. 

December 2018

04a02566832d55c802310ef682223af2.png

Nobody can stop our unbeaten run. 15 games without loosing. With a better start in the season we surely were at top of the table. As you can see, we had a lot of luck. Three games in a row, against Feralpi Salo, Giana Erminio and Albinoleffe, we won in the last seconds of the game. :eek:

d7edbc09d2cc1a0af2f88a40fe2aae8c.png

We are in 4th position, only 2 points behind the leader. With this in mind, if the moral stays high, we probably can content the other teams for the title. IMO Teramo and Rimini cannot continue with this pace, and will fall back. Vicenza have the best squad in the league, so if i have to bet, i will say they will win the title this year. 

I like to see that all of our strikers scores. Costantino R. (11), Di Cenco C. (9), Mazzocchi S. (7)

In the meantime Chairman Walter Baumgartner offered me a new two year contract. I've asked a change of the club phylosophies, the one to develope our youth and bring in some players of our Youth Teams. They agreed and I signed the contract. 

e7b7c152c831ae1dc01f509ef5129852.png

Upcoming Winter Break - What to do

• Trying to Sell players of the first team without game time, or don't fit in the squad. 
  • Get rid of Youth Players not born in our Region and little PA. 
  • Trying to bring in a player that respects our Identity
  • Balance the books 

Winter Update - Austria

I have signed a Austrian Scout who have to search for adequate players in the Austrian Leagues. 

33c96f50b923f56a1ca62e329581b2cb.png

it doesnt look good for Wacker Innbsruck. In Austrian Bundesliga top 6 teams qualify for Champions Playoff, bottom 6 teams for Relegation Playoff. Hopefully they can avoid relegation. 

Winter Break - Transfer

cdd143bfe49ebf27843185fe2c5921f9.png28e81f7647a1a18ef8a5f029dcdde0c3.png

It was a calm Transfer Window.

IN:

Lets welcome our first Austrian player...Hamzic A. He was born in Innsbruck (Austria) and played over 100 matches for his hometown team Wacker Innsbruck in Erste Liga (second tier). He is nothing special. He has good passing skills (17) and decent mental and physical attributes for the league. He will start as a backup player. The idea behind this transfer was to stay in line with my identity and bring players to the club who meet our criteria. He has the right DNA (Det 11, Wor 12, Tea 12). 

1a87b964e91ccf726afa0590b6f07bb7.png

OUT:

We were able to send away two players not used a lot. 

02eaf5672f29e4166cf8ab28f3255e8d.png

Turchetta G. was one of them. He is a really good player for the league and has fantastic mental skills with a Driven personallity. I know, he could be very usefull for the team. But, first of all i play without offensive wingers, and second, he had a contract of 83.000,00€ a year. And thats a lot for a player I dont use. I tried to use him as a striker, but it didnt work. I had to pay 8.250,00€ to the player to leave, but I save 33.250,00€ of his contract until June. 

fa2faac1af350d294cfb8c90e27a40d3.png

Boccolari A. is the other one. He played only 3 matches for us, and was the backup player of a backup player with a wage of 19.750,00€ a year. With him leaving the club I saved 9.875,00€. Not much, but we need all the money. 

Finances:

a4aa305263a3bc61a0e51c7bd22e9a65.png

Long time ago i read an interesting article HOW TO BALANCE THE BOOKS by Chris Darwen. 

“The income from gate receipts must be able to pay the player’s wages in full.”

So i will give it a try. In the next year I had a lot of work to do. I'm 1.000.000,00€ over the Budget. I want to pay my players with the income from gate recepits, and to pay my staff with the sponsorhip money. 

On 02/11/2018 at 00:26, ElCuriosoJr said:

After Beta Version was updated to Full Version, the Team name showed in the league Table is not "Sudtirol", but "Alto Adige". Some of you know how I can change it?

You ca look up FM19 Name Fix on various FM sites and after you install it you can, among othera like stadiums and competitions, enter the .txt document with club names and using the ID of your club change its long and short name.

Il 3/11/2018 in 16:28 , ParanoidBuddha ha scritto:

Nice thread! I think I'll follow this :) 

By the way

I think it's a good ''challenge'' with the Valle d'Aosta 

Before starting the Safe I read an article about Italian cities and their quality of Life. I saw that Bolzano and Trento were in the Top 5 of all cities, so I thought it was clean, that Trentino-Alto Adige is the region with the highest quality of life. But I‘ve heard also that the Mountains in Valle D‘Aosta are beautyfull :D:thup:

Il 4/11/2018 in 00:51 , Rasnaldo ha scritto:

Good thread with an interesting team. I think i will start a save of my own with Sudtirol!

Thank you. I am really enjoying this Save, and am really curios if I can create a competitive squad. 

Il 4/11/2018 in 08:33 , Muttley84 ha scritto:

You ca look up FM19 Name Fix on various FM sites and after you install it you can, among othera like stadiums and competitions, enter the .txt document with club names and using the ID of your club change its long and short name.

Thank you for your Feedback. I have already fixed it whit the „Name Fix“ Data changes 

51 minuti fa, ElCuriosoJr ha scritto:

Before starting the Safe I read an article about Italian cities and their quality of Life. I saw that Bolzano and Trento were in the Top 5 of all cities, so I thought it was clean, that Trentino-Alto Adige is the region with the highest quality of life. But I‘ve heard also that the Mountains in Valle D‘Aosta are beautyfull :D:thup:

Aosta is the only Valle d'Aosta city that is in those rankings (because others are too small) then basically it's rapresentative for all region. Last 2 years it has been the best city for the quality of life and the other the second :D 
Anyways it isn't important because they are both beautiful places and somehow similar!

January 2019

54c87efbf358050f6b06759e458e700a.png

After the Winter break we start really well in the new year. We continue our unbeaten run (17 matches without loosing) with a draw at Fano and a win against Sambenedettese, who is fighting for a top 5 place. 

5e997c085620ef0572d8a39c384c6e25.png

We move up to 2nd place. Seems like Vicenza couldn't find the optimal form this winter, and lost important points. At the beginning of the season the aim was to reach playoffs. Now, with the second half to play, I wanna try until the end to stay their and fight for promotion. 

February 2019

ffddfbdd26f2e32cd29fd039df23be08.png

sadly I have to report, that our unbeaten run is over. 3aecf2ed43251a716ad185447acef8df.png but we settle a new Serie C Girone B record, with 19 matches Without Losing. We were absolutly smashed by Pordenone, but could take important points with wins over Virtus Verona, Vicenza and Teramo. (penalty in the last minute). Thanks to this late game winner, we were able to surpass Teramo and reach the top spot.

5dfd41434a4d1e305692661c4afb99c6.png

Up and down:

8fcbfde4bf87f8300620f5c49462de81.png

It was a turbulent month for our new Winter Transfer Player. Zuelli E. scores his first goal for the club, but was immediatly sent off in the next game. Zuelli E. is a very interesting prospect on loan from Serie A club Chievo Verona. I don't think we can get him this summer, but he will definitly be shortlisted, and be scouted. 

Youth Intake 2019

269c5c994bab42c7b564608797a29e78.png

Here we go again. This could be a so called "Golden Generation"

fa44b38000bc67af292297b50e85acb6.png

I'll say, its a decent Youth Intake. Scaramazza A. (19a) have really nice attributes for a 16 year old forward. We have to improve his Teamwork, but i'm sure Fink H. and Co are able to transform him into a good man. Ricci L (19b), D'Errico M.(19c) *NB and Lenzi S. (19d) *NB are also very interesting players i will work on. I offered 9 of the 16 players a youth contract. 

bd262504c6ae950126c65a75f1db7de5.png5b3b37506d02ecd5f08f0efba3c8eb6e.png

bacf138e03185bdf28c5c12ec38153dd.png00a56e3bc49baaefc9b8f1db4da452a3.png

The only problem is this. We have players from our Youth Intake, that were not born in our Region, but in "Lombardia", another Italian Region (thats why some of our new players have the *NB after their name (not born)). In your opinion. What should I do? Can I use them? What do you think?

28 minutes ago, ElCuriosoJr said:

The only problem is this. We have players from our Youth Intake, that were not born in our Region, but in "Lombardia", another Italian Region (thats why some of our new players have the *NB after their name (not born)). In your opinion. What should I do? Can I use them? What do you think?

I once too did a save in which I forced myself to only choose players from a certain region that was of a quite similar size as Südtirol. Therefore I also faced that same problem on a consistent basis. From then on, I decided to change the policy to a more Athletic Bilbao kind of policy in which it's ok to have a player from another region, as long as he's listed as trained at a club inside the region. Ie, if you keep the guy long enough in your youth team, he will be trained at Südtirol Alto Adige, which makes him - at least footballwise - a Südtirolean.

Il 6/11/2018 in 11:51 , Timetxu ha scritto:

I once too did a save in which I forced myself to only choose players from a certain region that was of a quite similar size as Südtirol. Therefore I also faced that same problem on a consistent basis. From then on, I decided to change the policy to a more Athletic Bilbao kind of policy in which it's ok to have a player from another region, as long as he's listed as trained at a club inside the region. Ie, if you keep the guy long enough in your youth team, he will be trained at Südtirol Alto Adige, which makes him - at least footballwise - a Südtirolean.

Il 6/11/2018 in 15:16 , RioImmagina ha scritto:

I agree with Timextu, i think a Bilbao-like Sudtirol is a good challenge

I decided, that all of the players who came trough the FC Südtirol Alto Adige Youth Academy are Southtyroleans and therefore can play for our club. I will not buy players under the age of 16 and train them to get them listed as trained at the club

March 2019

d3193fb63372da8053958a70b3b9a321.png

It was a busy month for us. 8 games in 30 days. This means a game every 3-4 days. So I had to rotate the squad wisely. I probably lost the most important match of the season against Rimini. We surely where the team who deserves the win, but after hitting woodwork for 3 times we lost the game 1-0. We also lost important points away against Fermana and Monza

eb27ec738693021372431f21c015b40b.png

Now, with 5 games to go, we are still in 2nd position, 3 points away from the lead. On the paper our schedule is easyier than Rimini's. But we well see. The first games in April are crucial for the end of the season. Hopefully we can do the miracle. 

Update:

a7ee7969e0a5d76db71d110d9501c711.png

So here it is. The Title Race. I said it before. Our schedule on the paper seems okay. The schedule of Rimini much more difficult. And IMO Teramo is already out of the race. Meanwhile we won our first game in April against Imolese 2-0. But also Rimini won their game in the 92 minute with one man down. 

3 hours ago, ElCuriosoJr said:

I decided, that all of the players who came trough the FC Südtirol Alto Adige Youth Academy are Southtyroleans and therefore can play for our club. I will not buy players under the age of 16 and train them to get them listed as trained at the club

That’s the way I am doing it at my save. Every player I sign must be from Upper Austria (the state that Linz - my team is in) and everyone who comes through the youth academy is eligible. The further you go up the chain and the better your youth recruitment gets, the ‘wider the net’ is and you’ll get an increasing amount of players from outside of the Südtirol. But why bin the next Messi just because he happens to be born a few miles over the border into Lombardy?

April /May 2019 - End of the Season

8796be68531efc91700f29de7eac3ceb.png

Incredible. We won the Serie C Girone B title on the final day of the season. We smashed Fano 3-0 and Rimini lost 2 of their last 3 matches. Because of their defeat in the last game of the season against Vicenza, we were able to get past them. An incredible season has come to an end. For the first time in history FC Südtirol Alto Adige will play in Serie B.

8b0167759b4f76cb0c6c4d533aaba635.png

in the last 5 games of the season we remain undefeated with wins against Imolese, Giana Erminio and Fano, all at home. 

80933be2c5d88ed7b89bfaea77821ee6.png

As you can see we won the League 2 points ahead of RiminiPro Vercelli (Girone A) won the incredibly long PlayOffs, and FeralpiSalo, Fermana and Renate got relegated. 

Italian Serie C Super Cup

bf465bb584b7361adb659d6fd73ee99d.png04a141c86ed912090d1f855505038763.png

The Italian Serie C Super Cup is played by the winners of all three Groups of Serie C. We used this competition to give game time to our younger players, and the defeats are the result of our rotation. We don't give importance to this Cup. So we lost against Juve Stabia and Virtus Entella

Player Statistics:

944dd61a7f62c47102b545441dfd0e6a.png

Here are the Stats for the season sorted by Average Rating. Our best players for this season were Di Cenco C. (Avrg Rat. 7,06, 15 goals and 8 assists), Costantino R. (Avrg Rat. 7,04, 22 goals and 6 assists) and our captain Fink H. (Avrg Rat. 6,97, 5 goals and 4 assist as central midfielder). Also our vice captain Tait F. had a very good season (Avrg Rat. 6,87, 9 assists and 3 goals). 

Now we have to bring in players that respects our Club DNA. Of course I can not change my whole starting XI, but I have to do something. We have to sell some players to have some money for new incomes. 

I don't know if its positive or negative for us to be promoted in the first season. We will see. 

End of Season Awards:

521dde7827b689cafc802a777cf33707.png55b373233a4ba3940ea3763cedb32980.png

After 10 games I decided to tweak our tactic a little bit. Tait F. played as a Winger - Support, thats why he is not in the End of the Season team. He was brilliantly covered by our Ball Wining Midfielder/Defensive Midfielder , mostly De Rose F. on his site, so we were able to attack a lot on this side. 

Others:

• Three player in Team of the Year -

6a2a90069e5d0a9987c9361c34b422f9.png

• 1817f25f30d1af32c6d9c79c4d7f5f86.png

Our Under 18 team won the Italian U18 Divison title. This proofs that we are on the right track to achieve something important. Maybe 1-2 player will get a change in the first team next year. 

Other Teams Summary:

Wacker Innsbruck were able to avoid relegation. And this is the most important thing for this season. After 22 games the league was split into the Champions Playoff and the Relegation Playoff. Wacker Innsbruck as 11th qualified for Relegation and finished in 10th place in the overall table. 

9023dfbe1a548c299976939082b70bef.png

d4917c4d504d75454d30d52715739ffe.png

Wacker Innsbruck II in Erste Liga (2nd tier) were relegated, but i don't know what impact has this on our project and for the players of the first team of Wacker Innsbruck.

WSG Wattens finished their season in 10th place. Hopefully they can get better and reach the Bundesliga in the next years, because we need good regens for our team. 

None of other Tiroler Teams (Kitzbuhel, Schwaz, Kufstein, Rapid Lienz) got promoted from the Third Tier into Erste Liga. 

dc1672ff402607d2df59335acbc2efc5.png

None of italian Teams from our region got promoted to Serie C. 

Finances

851e0a5273ffed372198e17a6d8de407.png

In the Winter Update I told you about my problems with money and that I have to take this under control. Thanks to the promotion to Serie B and winning the league I got 150.000,00€. So lets see what happened in this last six months.

INCOME:

• Sponsorship: We have, like last season, a sponsorship deal of 400.000,00€ a year. It will last until 01.04.2020, so nothing changed.
  • TV-Revenue: Thanks to promotion to Serie B we will get around 73.000€/month from Italian Federation. So in total this is around 880.000,00€ a year. So a lot more than last year. Its great. 
  • Season Tickets and Gate Receipts: This year we sold 562 Season Tickets (124.8% more than last year, I think :D) at a Average Season Ticket price of 211,00€. Thats 118.582,00€ a year. I presume an average Attendance of 2500 spectators a game. With an average Ticket price of 18€/Ticket, 18 Home Games in the League, we have an income of 611.712,00€.

In Total we have an Income of 2.010.294,00€ (an increase of 117,97%)

EXPENDITURE:

• Player Wages: For the moment we pay 1.706.750,00€ (3,70% more than last year.)
  • Staff Wages: Around 800.000,00€ 
  • Other Costs and Non-Footbal Costs: Can somebody help me how i can calculate the yearly costs of everything else?

In Total we have Expenditures of 2.506.750,00€.

So we are 496.456,00€ under our budget and we will loose constantly. Its not that much, but I have to keep Finances in mind. With some of our players in the last year of contract, i have to see if if I can get some money in the Winter Transfer Market. 

b07ae2312c8c5c26a2baa2e5c9a2cdb7.png

Transfers:

ed4ac7bd49c8f40cb974728a7c109f00.png

It was a calm and very difficult Transfer Window. We had to bring In some players that respects our criteria, but also had to keep in mind our finances, and couldn't afford to spend money for transfers. On the other side, we tried to sell some of our players, but only if we could find a valid replacement. And it was not easy to find players from our region. So this is it. 

IN:

90f17b7329133cc4e7f5beaeb45b16c6.png4d6e821b1858a897d5efd82e01726c8a.png80c955faa86ab6c64b4a08d6cd270545.png

Because we couldn't find enough good players from our Region, I decided to bring back 3 players who played for us on loan last season. De Cenco C. was one of our best players, and I signed him for free. I extended the loans for Della Giovanna F. and Procopio M.

39174e9286905e4f5089fe585282bead.png6afca2755939319178d16f252f7466e5.png

De Luca M. and Scavone M. came on a loan move respectivly from Serie A Clubs Torino and Parma. 

De Luca M. is a young and interesting striker, who played for Alessandria in Serie C Girone A last season. He has scored only 4 goals in 34 apps, and will be one of our BackUp strikers this season.  Scavone M. is probably our most important transfer. Born in Bolzano, he comes back after 9 years away from home. At 32 he is on his peak, and ready to play again for his hometown. 

8e19c1e56a80c972cbba52873c833298.png4c119067e138a14e2bd359c43142913e.png

Lamp L. and Satin M. are two young austrian kids. Lamp L. will probably play regularly in the starting XI, Satin M. will be a backup player for our attack. 

OUT:

Fabbri A. went on Loan to Catanzaro. All of his salary will be paid by them, so I was able to get rid of an important salary. He is on his last year of contract and will leave our club after this season. Rinaldi M. and Vedovelli F. leave our team on a free transfer. 

9 ore fa, ElCuriosoJr ha scritto:

Staff Wages: Around 800.000,00€ 

Man, this is insane for italian serie C. Can you please post your staff recap page? 

Try to arrange some friendlies at home with bigger teams (Serie A top 6), and don't put additional bonuses: they will cripple your balance

10 ore fa, RioImmagina ha scritto:

Man, this is insane for italian serie C. Can you please post your staff recap page? 

Try to arrange some friendlies at home with bigger teams (Serie A top 6), and don't put additional bonuses: they will cripple your balance

5c62bb8d0b53c00eb6c3eb5e5f0dc6a0.png

Altogether i'm spending 802.000,00€ for Staff Wages. I know its a lot, but most of them are at the club from the begining. 

Usually in pre-season I play 10-12 friendlies. Some of them against Serie A teams to bring in some extra money, most of them against weaker teams, to give a moral boost. In contract negotiations I try to cancel additional bonuses. Thank you. 

Season Preview

e42f9e51152f5fb1dfcfd71883cbfb88.png

The media predicted i'll get relegated. I know this will be a hard and very long season. I have the worst team of the entire league, so hopefully we can avoid relegation.  

The squad

Goalkeepers:

a17e0d9757ee8420ad67a9bc20b1dd2e.png

Also for this year Offredi D. will be our number one. Tononi S. (back from his loan at Inter) and  Ricci L. (19b) will fight for the starting line up on cup games and play for our reserve teams. 

Defenders:

369e1d32556a8ec1ce269bfd8f49fe83.png

Della Giovana F. , Vinetot K. and Lamp L. are candidates for our Starting Line Up. Procopio M. is our best player for our Left Side and with Dal Cortivo E. , D'Errico M. (19c) and Brunialti L. we have three young guys who are ready to step in in case of injuries. 

Midfield:

f189259793d16ad704a4fb894232a57e.png

Our Midfield is clearly the best part of the squad. With Scavone M, Tait F., De Rose F., Berardocco L., Morosini T. and of course our captain Fink H. we have six players who can play without problems in Serie B. I will probably play with a 5 man midfield, so we'll need all of them. Satin M., Zuelli E., and Hamzic A. are our back up players. 

Attack:

f548d98c3da9217c03a8a1e7f7c9798d.png

Costantino R. and De Cenco C. were our best players last season, so I didn't want to bring in some new superstar. The other three young guys will fight for game time. 

Last year we had 20,8 % of our players born in our Region. This year 15 of 24 players were born in our Region or came trough our Youth Academy. This is 62,5% of our first Team. We are already in line with our project.

What do you think guys? Should I play ONLY with players from our region, or can I have 2-3 non Regional players? 

12 ore fa, ElCuriosoJr ha scritto:

5c62bb8d0b53c00eb6c3eb5e5f0dc6a0.png

Altogether i'm spending 802.000,00€ for Staff Wages. I know its a lot, but most of them are at the club from the begining. 

Usually in pre-season I play 10-12 friendlies. Some of them against Serie A teams to bring in some extra money, most of them against weaker teams, to give a moral boost. In contract negotiations I try to cancel additional bonuses. Thank you. 

Your contract is very expensive for the team, try in the next negotiation to reduce your wage. Earning 1€ or 10000000€ in FM means nothing :)

12 ore fa, ElCuriosoJr ha scritto:

What do you think guys? Should I play ONLY with players from our region, or can I have 2-3 non Regional players? 

I think you can try to use this rule: at least X% of the players on the pitch has to be born in SudTirol.

13 hours ago, ElCuriosoJr said:

Go with what you´re most comfortable with. It´s YOUR save :) 

If asked personally, I´d like to see also a few non regional players.

9 ore fa, RioImmagina ha scritto:

I think you can try to use this rule: at least X% of the players on the pitch has to be born in SudTirol.

8 ore fa, Carambau ha scritto:

Go with what you´re most comfortable with. It´s YOUR save :) 

If asked personally, I´d like to see also a few non regional players.

Thanks for your replies. 

OFFICIAL NEW RULE:

• I can have a maximum of 4 players not born in our Region or not coming trough our youth academy. 

I think 4 is a good equilibrum for our team. It means, that if i can't get enough good tirolian players , I can have at least 1 goalkeeper, 1 defender, 1 midfielder and 1 striker to complete our squad.

Pre-Season Friendlies

35c2ad2e5976b1f97ceb8f8cc7d59529.png

At the whole I played 11 friendlies in this pre-season. It was all about match sharpness, moral boosting and tactic tweaking, because I really don't know with which formation i should go into this new Season. I tried the succesfull tactic from last year. A really offensive 3-5-2, but I think I will go for a more defensive 4-5-1. In midfield I have my best players and I have one of the worst squads of the League, so I think its only a logical idea. 

I won all of the matches againts weaker teams, and struggle against Empoli, Venezia and Virtus Entella. I have to face all of them in Serie B. 

Coppa Italia

26872f610114e6b3d38f38838298f7b5.png

I won against Fano and lost to Bologna (Serie A team) only in extra time. It was a really even match. Nobody deserved the win, but at the end Bologna qualified for the next stage, because of their quality in attack. 

Start of Serie B (August/September 2019)

b81d4e2f7bb2ca645a4b0fed146c7e41.png

It was a really poor start in the Season. In the first two games against Empoli and Salernitana we opted for our succesfull tactic from last year, but couldnt bring points back home. 

Than we started to play with a more defensive 4-5-1 and this will be our tactic until Winter break. Thanks to this little change, we draw against Pro Vercelli and Venezia at home and lost at Benevento. Our first victory in Serie B was against Cittadella on 28. September 2019. Remember this date. History was written

164996f45260f19ed20f3c42d1ff9dba.png 

After 6 games  we sit on 13th place. We have to avoid relegation. Everything else is a bonus. 

October 2019

3ae18c518edebafbe53b11b177f97a59.png 

i think we can call it a positive month. We lost the two first games against Brescia and Carpi, but won against Crotone and draw away at Cremonese, who were top of the table. 

0ae65ba007d74e06400f7204713950fa.png

After 10 games, We sit on 16th position. Our aim is to avoid relegation, so we have to keep this form and have to strenght the team in the Winter Transfer Window. 

November 2019

a7e65f33cae95fb215e140c749550f0e.png 

Three games, Zero points. What a poor month with a poor performence. We lost to Juve Stabia, because of two goals froms indirekt free kick, we lost to Perugia, because of two goals from indirect free kicks. I have to look at this and understand, if its my fault, or its a lack of concentracion from my defensive players. Technically we are not the best team, but a team that want avoid relegation has to do more in terms of physical and mental. We need to wake up...quikckly.

74fe3ed705c0872b08b5ff54d40825fd.png 

We dropped into relegation zone. With 24 goals against we are dead last in this table. So I think i will change tactic for the third time this season and go for a flat 5 defensive line. We will see if I can turn the tide. 

December 2019

28234c7dc1c2c52a2f0c450ba846918d.png 

Another bad month for our team. We were able to win only 1 of our games. We beat Frosinone at Stadio Druso 3-2, draw at home 0-0 against Virtus Entella, but lost our other three matches against Parma, Cosenza and Ascoli. In the last two games of this 2019 i saw a little improvement. So i hope to step up the table in new year and avoid relegation. 

73134b261482415d29c983f576617f01.png

We are in last place. Not the best starting position for the new year, but thanks to the improvements I saw in the last weeks, I am optimistic

So my plans for this upcoming Winter Transfers are:

• Trying to sell one of our "foreign" players. I have in mind of selling one of our strikers.
  • Send back players I loant out and didn't find enough space in the starting line up. 
  • And of course, Balance our Books:D

Austrian Winter Update:

341cbc908ffc6a8c05da44f99da635bc.png  98c464def06646a1fd4b27ef901b29b1.png 

Wacker Innsbruck sits on 9th place. Their goal is to avoid relegation also this year, and if they move on like this, they'll reach their goal easily. WSG Wattens are only 1 point out of relegation zone. Hopefully they can avoid relegation to. 

Winter Break - Transfer

IN:

d3b34b9286256ba5abc180d747d045c4.png 

I was not able to bring in some good players, and have to start the second stage of the season mainly with the same team. On Winter Break Training, our Starting Goalkeeper Offredi D. suffered a broken Lower Arm injury and will be out for 2 months. With only young Goalies as backup, we had to bring in someone who can play at Serie B level. 

6c8d11395c09bd029dec2eed352ae051.png  c78c6afe10958cd57f25aaf91f41632a.png  

Wackerle L. is austrian nationality born in Innsbruck and not that bad.  Kofler T. is an austrian offensive Winger. He is a backup option, I brought him in in case we have to win a game. 

OUT:

a84a9522f7181cbdc531cdf02686b0b2.png  

Most of this players I sent on loan, because they will leave the club after this season. They don't have the potential to play for our club, and I don't want that they occupy space for our hot prospects. 

Di Cenco C. went on loan to Bari. He wasn't doing well this season, scoring only 2 goals in 16 matches. I wasn't able to sell him, but Bari pays his whole salary until June, so its not that bad. 

January 2020

af0309ca1a0f16f6c0262611c4f17258.png 

Scoreless month for our guys. We lost against Empoli and draw at home to Salernitana. I really don't know what to do. We do not suffer a lot in defense, but we are not able to score. I have to take a look at my corners and indirect freekicks. Have a lot of good defenders, who can head the ball. Maybe this is the right way to score. 

e4b0ac0e4130b67730b39a16349dabc1.png 

...no comment...

February 2020

f2dfe6fe76adb5c395e0ea653c055687.png 

Really good month in comparison to what we are used to see. A great win at home against Benevento, who fights for promotion. At Venezia we were able to bring home an important point. We were one man down from the 37th minute, because our captain Fink H. was sent off after a hard tackling. Our Home game against Cittadella was postponed, because of heavy snow. 

b2ac3cb4744bd49d098f11f536951075.png 

We are still in last position, because Venezia, Juve Stabia and Frosinone won a couple of games. Lets see what march brings. 

I am starting to think if its positive or negative to go down again. I have a couple of interesting young players, who maybe can get more game time in Serie C. Of course for our finances its much better to stay in Serie B. :D

March 2020

8d7a2d8a7a8de1abfd669e1504143c57.png 

5 out of 16 points this month. After 4 scoreless games, we beat Cremonese at home and draw at Perugia 2-2. Until the 87th minute we were up by two, than we lost our mind and conceed two late goals. What a mess. Positive note btw...our Youngster Scaramazza A. (19a) scored his first goals for the first team.  

edfdb51f91af97dc56a49c99b9175f43.png 

With only 6 games to go, i think our time in Serie B is over. We are 9 points behind Crotone, who sits in 16th position. This month the club offered me to sign a new contract, and I didn't hesitate. I accepted immediatly and am happy that they give me the opportunity to stay at the club. 

Youth Intake 2020:

I forgot to take the screenshot of the Youth Intake Candidates. It was a modest Youth Intake and I decided to sign only 4 of the available players.  Here they are. 

b17ae66a71b6566b01e87678cb8359f1.png 3e81319aa6cbb48477daec971eae48cc.png 6622ce88611be34ac6865b73075db4f7.png c45675ea61a1ddfbba34bb58a47c47e0.png 

Archived