AI Experiment - An extreme league in an ordinary world returns!

Guest roberto922

Guest roberto922

First off I'd like to offer my thanks to WW for allowing me to continue this great experiment that he began, I will be doing it in the same format as he did and I hope to get through at least a couple of seasons at a close standard to what he achieved. I'll also be using the same introduction as WW as nothing has changed with the experiment, I'm only doing this because WW has notime to do this and his other experiment. Now without further ado I bring to you...

The English Football League & Roberto922 presents...

AI Experiment - an extreme league in an ordinary world

Hello all,

Welcome to my AI Experiment, where I have decided to try and investigate the effects of extremities within the structure of a football club. 23 of the clubs within Coca-Cola League Two for the 2007/08 season have been removed (Lincoln remains) and have each been replaced with a new club that has something unique about them.

Each club has been given below average facilities / amentities, with the exception of one extreme characteristic in an attempt to see how this will affect the fortunes of clubs in the short, medium and long term. The extreme characteristics range from an ambitious sugardaddy to a club with fantastic youth setup, from having a team of superstars to being an amateur club. To aid for a fair test I have also included a 'control team' which has no extreme characteristics, but just the average abilities / facilities.

I have used League 2 in England as the basis for this experiment, mainly because it means that any team that gets relegated won't disappear off the radar. Any team that gets promoted / relegated from League 2 after season 1 will still be followed, after all this experiment is about all 24 teams and how how they adapt not just in the short term, but also over a number of years.

To ensure a fair test, the following criterion has been laid down as standard for every club, barring their unique selling point:

Status = Professional Club

Club Reputation = 2900

Opening bank balance = c.£500k

Chairman CA & PA = 80 / 200 and must have average personality traits (10/20).

Stadiums = 12,000 all seater, with average attendance of 6,000

Training facilities = 8

Youth facilities = 8

Club Morale = 8

Next up, lets meet the clubs...

Guest roberto922

So without any more delays, lets meet the teams…..

The 24 clubs in the CSE League

The 24 clubs have split down into several categories to aid for comparative / differential purposes. Where clubs have been given players, I have also provided a screenie of a striker at said club, to help you get a better understanding of the quality / attributes of the side.

Class 1: Financial Variables

1. Billionaires XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: Ambitious, impatience sugardaddy chairman.

Questions

Or will the club end up giving large wages to useless players?

How long will any manager survive if they don’t live up to expectations?

2. Wealthy Donor XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: Wealthy, loyal Chairman who wants to look after his staff.

Questions

Will the immense loyalty of the chairman lead to him losing a lot of money if he puts his faith in a dud manager who brings in poor players?

3. Admin Idols XI

CLub Info

Extreme Feature: Negative £2.5m bank balance with a £10 loan to the bank outstanding.

Questions

Will the clubs perilous financial state affect the quality of players they can bring in?

Will the club go into administration or can the club start to make a profit going forward?

4. Athletic Amateurs

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The club begins with amateur status

Questions

How long will it take for the club to turn semi-pro or go fully professional?

Will the club struggle to attract players initially if they remain as amateurs?

Guest roberto922

Class 2: Global Club Network Variables

5. Football Directory XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The club has struck a deal so that it has 3 parent clubs – Man Utd, Barcelona & Juventus, who are able to loan the club players.

Questions

How many players will the parent clubs donate to the League 2 side?

How good will these loan players be?

6. Mini Kiev XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: Has struck a deal with new parent club Shakhtar Donetsk, so that they provide financial help, have the same board and players can go on loan to England.

Questions

Will Shaktar donate players to this League 2 side?

How much financial support are they prepared to give them?

7. Euro Trip XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: This team has been awarded a place in the UEFA Cup for 2007/08

Questions

How far can this team get in the UEFA Cup?

Will the lure of European football in the first season attract another quality players to get them promotion?

Guest roberto922

Class 3: Local Environment Variables

8. Kindergarten XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The club has been given a perfect training & youth facilities, along with a youth academy

Questions

Are top class training facilities enough to attract good players to the club?

Will the club even produce any decent youngsters?

9. Londinium XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The club has a massive 80,000 seater stadium with an average crowd of c.60,000.

Questions

Will the club’s extra income from gate receipts help them to buy better players?

10. Global Newspaper XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The club has been assigned a reputation of 10,000.

Questions

How much does reputation affect the quality of players they can attract?

If so, will any superstars be lured by a high rep club.

11. Happy Campers XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The club has preset with maximum morale.

Questions

How long will it take for morale to decrease?

Does general positive morale at a club really affect its performances on the pitch?

12. Satan XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: Every other club in the division has been set to dislike Satan XI

Questions

Will anyone want to join a club that is so despise by other teams?

How will Satan XI be able to cope with the fact that every game is a ‘derby’ game in the mind of the opposition?

13. Andorran XI

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The Andorran National team have decided to enter a club into League 2 in the hope to improve their national fortunes

Questions

How long will it take for the manager to get rid of / replace the Andorran players?

Will this have any link at all to the Andorran National team’s performances?

Guest roberto922

Class 4: Player / Backroom Staff Variables

14. Civil War XI

Club Info

Civil War Stiker

Extreme Feature: The squad is comprised of talented players for this level of football, but within the squad there are several bouts of infighting amongst the players.

Questions

How many people will get hacked off with each other over the next season?

Will the team be able to play as one despite the hatred amongst the ranks of each other?

15. Dog & Duck XI

Club Info

Dog & Duck Striker

Extreme Feature: A stereotypical pub team – they play on an appalling pitch, are not very talented but make up for it with physical strength, aggression and knowing how to bully opponents off the ball.

Questions

Will they be able to win games by playing the classic long ball tactic against all the other more talented teams?

How many points will the team lose due to having a man sent off during games?

16. EPO Allstars XI

Club Info

EPO Striker

Extreme Feature: The side has been given 11 players who have tremendous pace and stamina, but lack technical ability?

Questions

Will the speed and workrate of the side overcome their technical inabilities?

How will they match up to the power and strength of the Dog & Duck XI?

17. Golden Oldies XI

Club Info

Squad List

Extreme Feature: A squad has been assembled of old players who once applied their trade in the top divisions of their respective leagues. A list of the squad members is listed above.

Questions

Will the team’s experience overcome their lack of speed and stamina?

Will these former stars have a personality clash now they are put all into the same team?

18. Utilities XI

Club Info

Utility Striker

Extreme Feature: The club has been given a goalie, plus 10 outfield players who can play in every position on the pitch.

Questions

Will the fact that every outfield player can play everywhere help or hinder the team?

Will the players switch position throughout the season?

19. Bottlers XI

Club Info

Bottlers Striker

Extreme Feature: A bunch of technically gifted footballers for this level of football, but are physically weak and mentally fragile.

Questions

Will technical ability overcome their weaknesses in over areas of the game?

What happens when they face a team like the Dog & Duck XI?

20. Hurricanes FC

Club Info

Hurricanes Striker

Extreme Feature: Inspired by the TV cartoon of yesteryear, the squad is full of future legends. What more can be said – its all in this

. They all have CAs of 150 and PAs of 200. However, the side does have a shocking backroom setup, will this stop them in their tracks?

Questions

What will happen when the 11 superstars get injured / suspended?

Will the poor quality backroom staff hinder their chances of promotion?

21. Backroom FC

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The club has been given a tremendous set of backroom staff – manager, assman, coaches, physio and scout.

Questions

Will the backroom staff be good enough to recruit a set of players and train them so that they can gain promotion against teams with better quality players?

What will happen once the decent backroom staff move on?

Guest roberto922

Class 5: Control Variables

22. Control FC

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The side has no extreme features, the team has just average stats in everything. Run for fair test purposes.

Questions

How will a normal team with no stand out features get on in the league?

23. Synthetic Utd

Club Info

Extreme Feature: The club plays its home matches on a synthetic pitch

Questions

Does the game incorporate features of a synthetic pitch into the game or is it merely just a cosmetic feature?

24. Lincoln FC

Club Info

Extreme Feature: They are the only original League Two side left in the division

Questions

How will the existing club with a squad full of players cope against these newfangled clubs?

In addition to every club having a fierce dislike of Satan XI, I have edited the database to include the following rivalries:

Dog & Duck XI v Bottlers XI  –  strength and aggression versus technical ability
Dog & Duck XI v EPO Allstars XI  –  strength and aggression versus pure athleticism
Billionaires XI v Wealthy Donor XI  –  the battle of the billionaires
Billionaires XI v Athletic Amateurs XI  -  instant success versus playing the game for the love of it
Happy Campers XI v Civil War XI  –  high morale and happiness at the club versus infighting
Kindergarten XI v Golden Oldies XI  –  youth versus experience 

To give you an overview of all the club's starting values, here is a screenie:

Starting Club Value Levels for the CSE League

Just to let everyone know, the clubs with players assigned to them, having been given long term contracts and future transfer dates - my aim behind this is that they stay at their initial team for as long as possible.

Prediction Time

Apart from the various questions written above, please provide your thoughts on these questions...

1. Who do you think will win the league this season?

2. Who do you think will also get promoted this season, with 4 teams getting promoted in total?

3. Which two sides do you think will get relegated?

4. Which side do you think will be in the Premiership first?

5. Do you think in general the physically strong guys (EPO Allstars and Dog & Duck XI) will do better or worse than the technically good sides (Bottlers XI)?

Prediction Time

Apart from the various questions written above, please provide your thoughts on these questions...

Global Newspaper. Max Rep.

2. Who do you think will also get promoted this season, with 4 teams getting promoted in total?

Football Directory (3 parent clubs should get something decent...), Lincoln, Euro Trip

Athletic Amateurs, Golden Oldies (sorry to all the oldies out there :p)

Global Newspaper

5. Do you think in general the physically strong guys (EPO Allstars and Dog & Duck XI) will do better or worse than the technically good sides (Bottlers XI)?

Worse. Liu Lijia on my Rizhiquan save has pathetic physical stats, but his technical ability is so unbelievable that he can still dominate the Chinese Super League.

Guest roberto922

August 2007

Significant Transfer Dealings

Athletic Amateurs - They have so far signed 18 players but unfortunately none of them look above BSS/N standard, the season looks like it'll be a struggle.

Backroom FC - Have so far made slight use of their talented staff by signing a Namibian that looks like he could do well but that's about it.

Billionaires XI - Have so far failed to make the most of their financial power, they've spent 800k so far but none of the signings seem particularly talented.

Control FC - the team of Joe Averages have lived up to their name as they bring in a load of League Two standard players.

Euro Trip XI - Their European place seems to have done nothing for them as they struggle to bring in any real talent.

Football Directory XI - The club with 3 parent clubs had plenty of help from their parent club, bringing in 3 from Barca, 2 from Man Utd but none from Juventus.

Global Newspaper XI - Where do I start? Barthez, Fortune, Nengomashe and quite a few other top players including Carlton Cole on loan (:eek:)have been attracted to the club with the big 10k.

Golden Oldies XI - Surprisingly they have only brought in one player, it's gonna be havoc there next season.

Wealthy Donor FC - Surprisingly they only spent 650k this time (they spent 3.4m on WWs version) and none of the players look THAT good, admittedly 34 year old Jimmy Walker looks good but he seems more suited to Golden Oldies Xi ;)

As I have a slight unfair advantage over other people on this subject, I've hidden my predictions so as not to spoil the opinions of others. :)

Prediction Time

Hurricanes XI

Global Newspaper XI, Wealthy Donor XI highly likely, as for the playoffs I'm not too sure but I reckon Football Directory XI

Synthetic United & Athletic Amateurs or Control XI - 2 of those 3 in my opinion

Hurricanes XI probably

Not too sure, but I'll hedge my bets on the Bottlers XI skill winning out

:p I just keep reloading the CSE forum since it's so quiet these days, and I saw an update so I posted an immediate reply. :D

Football Directory, and Global Newspaper looking good with their transfers. Euro Trip not so much. My predictions mostly look good on paper. :D

Guest roberto922

No, nerner continued something else but I can't remember what, it's not active now whatever it is as it hasn't shown up in my subscriptions in a long while.

Guest roberto922

August Results

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

League Table

Player Stats

I'll leave it up to all of you to form your opinions about the results and table :)

Only Global Newspaper XI and Euro Trip XI remain in the League Cup third round. Euro Trip will travel to Leeds whilst Global Newspapers XI head for Middlesborough.

Guest roberto922

September results

Week 4

Mid week

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

League Table

Player Stats

Team Stats

Injury table

In the League Cup, Euro Trip XI are out in the third round after losing 3-1 away to Leeds. Global Newspapers XI however have been truly fantastic so far and secured a 3-0 win against Middlesborough and they will now face Man Utd in the 4th round.

In the Johnstones Paint trophy, surprisingly not all sides remain in the North, Hurricanes FC, Global Newspapers XI, Kindergarten XI, Golden Oldies XI and Lincoln have all made it through to the second round. The South was much more successful as Satan XI, Bottlers XI, Mini Kiev XI, Happy Campers XI, Control FC, EPO Allstars, Billionaires XI, Londinium XI, Utilities XI and Civil War XI all go through to the next round.

In the UEFA Cup, Euro Trip XI lost 1-0 to Hajduk, the home leg will be in the next update.

Having all their players at one club doesn't seem to have made a difference to Andorra (the nation) as they have lost all of their games so far this season.

Predictions

How far will Global Newspapers XI get in the League Cup?

What about Euro trip XI in the UEFA Cup?

Do you stand by your prediction of who will win the title?

Can one of the CSE clubs win the Johnstones paint trophy?

If yes who?

Guest roberto922

October Results

Week 8

Week 9

Week 10

Week 11

Week 12

League Table

Team Stats

Player Stats

Injury table

Euro Trip XI ended their European 'run' against Hajduk, despite winning 2-1 in the home leg they went out on away goal meaning that their UEFA Cup adventure is over in the first round.

In the League Cup Global Newspapers XI continue to amaze as they beat Man Utd 3-0! (:eek:) they will now proceed from the fourth round, could the unthinkable really happen?

In the Johnstones paint trophy the number of CSE Compettitors was cut down to just 5 and the Quarter final draw is:

North

Global Newspapers vs Tranmere

Hurricanes FC vs Hartlepool

South

Londinium XI vs Swansea

Bottlers XIvs Swindon

Happy campers XI vs Brighton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is probably the last update of the night, if anyone has any suggestions for improvements or requests for info/screenshots feel free to ask.

lol oops. I missed those questions. :o

How far will Global Newspapers XI get in the League Cup?

I think they can be a giant killer again and go to at least the quarter-final. I don't think they can win it though.

What about Euro trip XI in the UEFA Cup?

To the group stage but they finish dead last and crash out of Europe.

Do you stand by your prediction of who will win the title?

Yes. Global Newspapers XI look very strong.

Can one of the CSE clubs win the Johnstones paint trophy?

Yes.

If yes who?

The Global Newspapers XI of course!

Guest roberto922

Heh, you didn't see the Octoer update did you? :D BTW I don't think we've done BatRacer.

Heh, you didn't see the Octoer update did you? :D BTW I don't think we've done BatRacer.

:o Missed the October update. Well the question was before the October update. :p

And get your warmup runs in! (and set your pit strategy of course). We got all the spot-ons...

Archived