Game won't let me choose a captain

My game won't let me choose Sergio Ramos as my captain. The circle does not appear and his name is faded slightly compared to the other players (as you can see on the photo). However, I am able to choose him as a vice captain? Bit of a backstory: I sold Casilla and that pissed him off and he isn't talking to me, but does that mean I can't make him captain though?

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.12.26 PM.png

Just now, FrazT said:

I have never seen this before- maybe the game is saying that your relationship has broken down and so making him captain is an illogical option?

That's my best guess as well but I haven't continued the save just in case it's a bug. I'll just press the "Report Bug" button on the game and just save this file in case it is a bug then.

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I have never seen this before- maybe the game is saying that your relationship has broken down and so making him captain is an illogical option?

Picture shows update. So what's your verdict on this? Do you reckon it's a bug?

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.36.42 PM.png

1 minute ago, Henry Shepherd said:

Picture shows update. So what's your verdict on this? Do you reckon it's a bug?

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.36.42 PM.png

So, has he been captain before and have you changed his status?  Talk me through the whole situation from the start

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

So, has he been captain before and have you changed his status?  Talk me through the whole situation from the start

First season, he is default captain. Told the press I would keep Ramos as captain (if this info is necessary).

I sold Kiko Casilla, Ramos got angry and I couldn't resolve it. I'm now not able to talk to Ramos.

A few squad members talked to me about it and I managed to make half of them happy.

Captain confirmation email comes in, and Ramos isn't an option on Captains but IS an option on vice captains.

I have tried to see what would happen by removing his captaincy and I get an email from Marcelo saying he's angry again.

OK- thanks

I think that regardless of the background, all players should be available for selection for the captain, so I would suggest logging it in the Bugs forum and let the developers comment

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

OK- thanks

I think that regardless of the background, all players should be available for selection for the captain, so I would suggest logging it in the Bugs forum and let the developers comment

Okay just did, thank u.

Just an FYI I’ve had this in previous FM’s where a player has stated they do not wish to be selected for the capitancy and are therefore greyed our, however this has always been stated in the news article when you go to select the captain, which isn’t the case in your screenshots.

I don’t think not being able to select him is a bug, I think it not explaining why is the bug.