Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 38.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Knap. I'm always a fan of your work, that you in advance.

I was checking the Hub Test spreadsheet (from Discord) and your Hub test points and they don't quite match. Why is that?

The BEOWULF 4231 IF VOL P104 EC FA is not the "best" anymore?

14 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I hate this ME

435827726_Milan3REDS-Spurs.thumb.jpg.02c76ef0a7dedecd46dadcabdb474a4f.jpg

I get red cards in Champions Leaugue knockout when playing bigger clubs. Is this a way of making the game harder/more realistic? But I've never had three sent off. Do you remove 'tackle harder'?

ECL red card.png

Edited by keithbeaky

1 hour ago, horned frog 94 said:

Played a game just yesterday where I had an XG of 5.14.  Opponent had an XG of .91.   I lost 1-0.   It nearly made me uninstall the game. I can't fathom why people are saying this ME is amazing.

In FM22 the champions league was hard to win imo with a lesser team. In the highlights the better teams with the best players could destroy you with good football or moments of brilliance. In FM23 the highlights are embarrassing for the game with what happens, at either end to be fair. But its normally against you and I do wonder if this is how they have tried to make the game harder? 1-0's in a game completely dominated by the other team have always happened in football, but its the regularity and/or so many games you shouldn't be drawing or losing with the opposing keeper having six arms, the misses from inside the six yard box by your strikers, hitting the woodwork twice with the same shot, a mix up at the back for you when no danger and 25 shots 1 on target.  And then of course the cards, which isn't as bad for me. I just take every booking off 'tackle harder' then i seem to be ok. 

Edit: somehow forogt shots straight at the keeper that hit his body, not hands, and go in. 

Edited by keithbeaky

Hi knapp,

Great work as usual so thank you.

i have been using the us and them for the last 6 games with my strong leeds team in the 4th season, my first game I hammered man city 4-1 at home and have won 4 out of the 6 games very comfortably, however I have lost both away games 3-2 to palace who battered me and 4-0 to Arsenal, do I need to do anything else when playing away? Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks 

47 minutes ago, knap said:

@Westham87

Arsenal may be a rival grudge match result, but would not apply to Palace.

I have used cautious but only at end of games

To be fair the palace game was only the 3rd game after changing to that tactic, was just so out of sync with the previous 2 great performances and then the 4 nil loss to arsenal despite it being a closer game (honest) seems strange!

I’ll be playing tonight (it’s an online game) I’ll update you with how it goes for the last few games of the season (I  have a tough run in)

thanks again Knap, always appreciated 

3 hours ago, knap said:

@Heywood JaBlowme

Have you tried stay on feet after a few yellows.

I used it after 4 and no further problems

Been using this 424 tactic untouched for a while with great success. Get Stuck In is OFF. Even though there's been no recent update to this godawful ME, it doesn't seem to like Attacking anymore. 

424BEONohardtackle.jpg.9260813143add9319b2dacd2d28b6aa3.jpg

On 30/12/2022 at 23:04, knap said:

ME 23.1

BEOWULF 424 IF VOL HD MU P102 EC

ME23.1BEOWULFKnap424IFVOLHDMUP102EC.fmf 45.24 kB · 620 downloads

High DL but can be use with much higher DL , Standard or lower

Early days, but this is working very well for my newly promoted side in the PL - we struggled for the first 15 matches or so using a couple of 4231 variants (ME23V1BEOWULFKnap4231IFVOLP106FACC, which got us promoted, and ME23.1BEOWULFKnap4231IFVOLP103FACC). We tried ME23V1BEOWULFKnap424IFVOLP104ECFA which got us a few wins over the next 10 matches or so, but also had some late losses including a collapse in injury time from 3-2 to lose to Spurs.

Our first match with this tactic saw us lose 3-1 to Liverpool - no shame in that, and we did seem a bit more engaged. Since then we've played 7 times, including 5-2, 5-1, 5-1 and 5-0 wins, the last of those over Man Utd, who are struggling, but still have a fantastic squad. We lost 2-1 away at Chelsea, again no shame there, plus we had a red card and match sharpness issues (FM23 seems brutal for this - player sharpness nosedives if they go more than a week without a match, and we had almost 2 weeks before Chelsea; I should have put a friendly or two in there) but rebounded to beat Wolves 3-0. We followed that with a 2-1 loss at Southampton where we were by far the better side, but gave away two cheap goals at the start of the match and couldn't pull it back.

Next up is Man City, so probably nothing from that... but we're in 14th with a 14 point gap over Norwich in 18th, and we only need 2 points from our last 5 matches to be absolutely certain of safety. That's more than enough to build a platform for doing even better next season. Mid-table, here we come (hopefully!)

I noticed that the top tactics currently in the google sheet are all based on PSG - very impressive points, Goals and GD but how reliable are these considering PSG pretty much walk that French league without much trouble. Can these PSG tactics be used for ANY team in ANY league and still be effective?

I am currently using the BEOWULF VOL 2 4231 IW VOL P105 EC FA in the prem with Man Utd which is pretty good other than winning away from home can be tricky even against bottom placed sides. I currently am trying to drop by mentality to Balanced for every away game or defensive against any of the top teams but still get pretty mixed results away from home. Thinking about trying the HOLY GHOST FIRE 451 IF P103 ALL CUPS as i like the formation, seems more balanced and with a higher score at 92.6% 

How is the % score determined? is it based purely on points, GD, For and Ag?

Cheers

image.png.d7ba0712e6e165f4afcf51988ee0b6d0.png

40 minutos atrás, Sibbo disse:

I noticed that the top tactics currently in the google sheet are all based on PSG - very impressive points, Goals and GD but how reliable are these considering PSG pretty much walk that French league without much trouble. Can these PSG tactics be used for ANY team in ANY league and still be effective?

I am currently using the BEOWULF VOL 2 4231 IW VOL P105 EC FA in the prem with Man Utd which is pretty good other than winning away from home can be tricky even against bottom placed sides. I currently am trying to drop by mentality to Balanced for every away game or defensive against any of the top teams but still get pretty mixed results away from home. Thinking about trying the HOLY GHOST FIRE 451 IF P103 ALL CUPS as i like the formation, seems more balanced and with a higher score at 92.6% 

How is the % score determined? is it based purely on points, GD, For and Ag?

Cheers

image.png.d7ba0712e6e165f4afcf51988ee0b6d0.png

Agree with you. the priority of the tests should be with underdogs... it would be more interesting to find the best exploits (whether or not these are the objectives of the downloaded tactics)

On 30/12/2022 at 23:04, knap said:

ME 23.1

BEOWULF 424 IF VOL HD MU P102 EC

ME23.1BEOWULFKnap424IFVOLHDMUP102EC.fmf 45.24 kB · 631 downloads

High DL but can be use with much higher DL , Standard or lower

1662340514_Screenshot(2557).thumb.png.d873d526667dbeeb2f7f80e2afe1ce42.png652907485_Screenshot(2556).thumb.png.abdddde413fec6a7135e67a98a50f3d8.png

Using this ATM instead of the attacking version I was using before.

The wingers seem a little less dangerous, maybe because the mentality change of both the team and the role itself, but I do like the overall balance of this version better.

Defense gives up a lot less chances and players don't get pulled all over the place like the kamikaze nature of the attacking version. 

Seems to create more clear chances/XG but for whatever reason we are missing a ton :D Hoping they can start putting away more as they play more games with this version. 

@Sibbo

PSG Tactics can probably be sed by any top team in any top league except PL. Also a team stuffed full of high CA newgens.

There are teams tested with MU, will be in name.

B Test is a guide for sub top, mid table and underdog

hace 21 horas, pabloartista dijo:

BEOWULF 424 IF VOL MHD P102 FA CC is a smashing tactic. Absolutely recomended.

I quote myself to thank you @knap. I won 25/26 Champions League, and La Liga (2nd time) this afternoon with Real Betis, beating Liverpool at finals. My Europe performance wasn't good until this tactic.