Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

22 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I wouldn't say it's always better, but it can be as good or better in certain situations of the match. It's already been mentioned; going all out attack will tend make the AI clamp up and stuff the box. I'm switching back & forth but seeing more goals scored on Cautious & Balanced than Attacking but I'm waiting for more results. Your mileage may vary. 

On the other other hand, in a cup final, I was down by a goal against Man U in ET (not the current squad) while using a different tactic.  I switched to MadAsHatter (very attacking), scored 2 goals and won. 

i noticed the same thing about mentality...I had inconsistent results by playing consistently the same mentality for every single game, especially against top sides. Switching to cautious/balanced during certain matches/moments of the game definitely improved the results. I pretty much did plug and play of knaps tactics since fm18 (never changed a single thing, but this year we have to put extra care on mentality imho.

• Replies 38k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, sirTAVARES said:

2nd season with Benfica.

I think i need a tactic only for the UCL final :D(ARGUS 5-3-2)

Capturar.JPG

So the curse is in the game also? :lol:

Good luck next time mate! Try starting the Final on Cautious and build from there

Have to reiterate how good this tactic from FM20 is on the beta. Won the domestic treble first season with Dortmund and went unbeaten in the league all season until Bayer Leverkusen scored a  header against me in the last minute of the last game. 2nd season running clear again at the top of the league and just Beat Chelsea 7-1 and Atalanta 10-0. Really hope it works as well upon full release but I doubt it. 

10-0 VS Atalanta.png

Knap 4-2-4 (IF).fmf

2 hours ago, knap said:

@Heywood JaBlowme

Where is widget gone ? really annoying being bombarded with useless information in between the highlights.

No way to remove widgets. Assistants advice is useless but info provided regarding AI's tactical approach can be helpful and the Visualiser is nice as you can see the opposition making changes on the fly. 

5 minutes ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

Have to reiterate how good this tactic from FM20 is on the beta. Won the domestic treble first season with Dortmund and went unbeaten in the league all season until Bayer Leverkusen scored a  header against me in the last minute of the last game. 2nd season running clear again at the top of the league and just Beat Chelsea 7-1 and Atalanta 10-0. Really hope it works as well upon full release but I doubt it. 

10-0 VS Atalanta.png

Knap 4-2-4 (IF).fmf 44.89 kB · 3 downloads

Hey man - what does the formation look like in game please? At work and can't check! 

1 hour ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

10-0 VS Atalanta.png

Knap 4-2-4 (IF).fmf 44.89 kB · 55 downloads

I meant this text. All of the goals placed into bottom corner :D

12 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Mate, with the team you have, all the tactics work like a charm!

:applause:there is a feeling that beta 2021 is too easy to win

Edited by Antal

does anyone else know where or when the tactical briefing takes place now? on fm20 it used to inbox you the day before a match and let you skip it or whatever but it's not appearing this year at all. not sure if it's been moved or i'm going mad :D

35 minutes ago, agreed said:

does anyone else know where or when the tactical briefing takes place now? on fm20 it used to inbox you the day before a match and let you skip it or whatever but it's not appearing this year at all. not sure if it's been moved or i'm going mad :D

Think its now a tactical  meeting that happens right before you pick your team for a match

15 minutes ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

Think its now a tactical  meeting that happens right before you pick your team for a match

thank you. i assumed it was something like that. i did have the ass man set to do it but now i'm doing it and nothings changed :D thought it was state whether the ass man was doing or if i had to do it based on staff responsibilities 

6 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

10-0 VS Atalanta.png

Knap 4-2-4 (IF).fmf 44.89 kB · 149 downloads

Agreed! 

This tactic is the most broken i've seen in ages.

Quick load up of around 15 teams and fully played the first 10 games with each and i got some incredible results! Plenty of 5-0, 8-0 ect...

6 minutes ago, knap said:

@Heywood JaBlowme

It is interesting to see what happens with the real FM 21 ME, as the tactics work on ME 2040 and Beta ME, so you would expect them to perform at the same level.

Yeah will be interesting, I seem to remember 2-3 patches between FM20 full release and 20.3 update and seemed to me with each update game became more difficult with more added RNG.

Happy for more difficulty but as long as the match engine doesn't change too much from current Beta. So Much better than last years.

Hi guys, anybody seeing a dramatic drop off in performance of tactics in the Beta?

Two seasons in used my own 4-3-3 and finished 16th after having a great start. We won 15 games and had won 11 in the first half of the season. Then adjusted to Knap's Warrior tactic in the second season ended Pos - 9 with 9 wins and again had 13 wins in the first half of the season. Injuries and fatigue weren't an issue. 

Any ideas I'm interested to hear!

reading the new brexit rules it looks like it'll be hard to sign any foreigners in the future. is anyone deep enough into a save to say if this is true or not? bit hesitant to start a long term save incase they change it somehow for the full release

32 minutes ago, agreed said:

reading the new brexit rules it looks like it'll be hard to sign any foreigners in the future. is anyone deep enough into a save to say if this is true or not? bit hesitant to start a long term save incase they change it somehow for the full release

Theres currently a bit of a bug - most players wont get work permit first try but sign them and the appeal 3 months later they will get one.

I had a three season save and signed a load of 18yo potential players. No workpermits, three months later they all got them.

2 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Theres currently a bit of a bug - most players wont get work permit first try but sign them and the appeal 3 months later they will get one.

I had a three season save and signed a load of 18yo potential players. No workpermits, three months later they all got them.

That's good to know. Cheers mate!

Hi @knap – not questioning the brilliance of your tactics, but was wondering why Get Stuck In is always on? I usually start with it, get a couple of yellows in the first half, and then panic and take it off :lol: But I'll leave it on if you think it's crucial...

Do others tend to stick with it too?

Anyone notice if it's worthwhile to use inverted wing backs with stronger inside foot as opposed to outside foot? All my inverted wing backs have stronger outside foot and they play fine. Likewise, would it be effective to switch from inverted wing backs to wing backs, and then switch from wingers to inverted wingers?

10 hours ago, agreed said:

I abandoned English leagues for this reason. Playing in German 3. Liga now. I probably won't return to English football until the game is released and I can use the pre-game editor to change Brexit rules.

1 hour ago, TheLibrarian said:

I abandoned English leagues for this reason. Playing in German 3. Liga now. I probably won't return to English football until the game is released and I can use the pre-game editor to change Brexit rules.

That's what I'm thinking. Desperate to start my long term save in vanarama north but worried about Brexit ruining it. Might just mess about in some other leagues for a week or so

Edited by agreed