Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

@psychedelicbeast

It is the hardest jump in ability and sometimes your rep is too low, This happened a few times  last year with Hamlet testing. I would normally try a 4141 tactic but the only tactic available is TIME.

Did you try PREACHIN HB Version as using a defend duty may help.

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, knap said:

@psychedelicbeast

It is the hardest jump in ability and sometimes your rep is too low, This happened a few times  last year with Hamlet testing. I would normally try a 4141 tactic but the only tactic available is TIME.

Did you try PREACHIN HB Version as using a defend duty may help.

Do you mean image.thumb.png.b7ec01bd9183687fc48dce459fa1f5da.png

I'll give it a shot.

32 minutes ago, 1nter said:

When should we expect argus 352?

@knap

Double up on Argus tactics request as I love your 3 ATBs this year. 3421 is my favorite, but 352 and 343 updates would also be cool.

Btw, how do you combat the insane fatigue (especially on wingbacks) in the lower leagues? Rotating the team as much as possible?

If you have chance, I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at your 4-4-2 tactic(s).  I've been having great success with Beowulf (with standard WB and Wingers, no inverted, I think 221028) but it feels like the ME update has impacted them negatively.  May be something else entirely, though!  Thanks for all your work.

On 11/12/2021 at 19:00, Lewis Stewart said:

I started as an unemployed (no reputation and badges) and took over Curzon Ashton. Using 451 Preaching Blues (ME22.3) I won two consecutive promotions (with minor squad improvements) and currently took over Huddersfield. What I have found you need to handle pressure / morale / shouts carefully. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but tactic seems be solid. Also familiarity and squad chemistry is important. My stats with it are 63W, 14D, 18L. For 220, Ag 96. 

Half of the season done in Huddersfield. Changed to Paris 4231 for ME22.3.0 as Preachin Blues started to work bit sloppy. Paris itself provided better reactions for goalkeeper and defensive line, but I will be honest - I feel burned out like Mourinho and want to throw my team under the train. I can beat everyone (like Leicester in cup) and I can lost to the last team in the table. 87W, 19D, 23L (so since last post 24W, 5D, 5L) - so not so bad, but the game is sometimes frustrating. Got a match with 4 goals cancelled after the offsides. Hope I can use it with better team, as currently setting 3rd place in Championship (predicted 14). I felt more confident when leading Curzon than Huddersfield ;)

With Leicester I used modified knap tactic I found somewhere .

FM22PreachinBluesKnapLVercettiHB451.fmf

Edited by Lewis Stewart

On 09/12/2021 at 23:15, knap said:

Sorry for over spamming, but this tactic works great also for underdogs with halfback defensive midfielder. The version I found somewhere was from 22.2.0 - this is particularly for new patch. Works wonder, I draw with Arsenal in Carabao cup final 2-2 (just lost in penalties) and surprised them 2-0. However, they had Veratti and Valverde so they scored in last quarter ;)

3ATB.fmf

4 hours ago, Lewis Stewart said:

Sorry for over spamming, but this tactic works great also for underdogs with halfback defensive midfielder. The version I found somewhere was from 22.2.0 - this is particularly for new patch. Works wonder, I draw with Arsenal in Carabao cup final 2-2 (just lost in penalties) and surprised them 2-0. However, they had Veratti and Valverde so they scored in last quarter ;)

3ATB.fmf 45.54 kB · 19 downloads

You are really onto something with this. Working great on my spurs save

On 09/12/2021 at 16:15, knap said:

Started a new save with Sporting Lisbon and am having great success with this one, clinched the Portuguese league and have somehow made it to the CL final (including comeback penalty victories over Liverpool in the Quarters and PSG in the Semis). Feel like this has a real nice tactical solidity to it, I think the DM SU helps tie things down more than the DLP SU that's usually in this role in 451s. I'm experimenting a bit with switching the Mezz ATK CM pair to Mezz Support or Carrilero to see if the trade off in attacking is worth a bit more solidity and lateral linkup, but so far so good!

Edited by daniel.camponovo

I am 20 games in with Newcastle, first season on the newest ME and I am struggling so bad, 2 wins from those 20 games and on the verge of the sack... Which tactic do you think I could use @knap to try and arrest this problem? I still have the original squad as I disable transfers first window so anything defensively sound would be a good start.

Any one had any success with corner routines following the patch? My team doesn't particularly need the corners but my board has make the most of set pieces as required and are devastated that we don't offer a threat from them, can't seem to get any routine to work at the moment 

Who doesn't love a 442. 

Tested on 22.3 with Villa. Picked Villa as they have two good forwards and Bailey and Buendia can play on the wings. 

This game is weird and so I have tested each tactic twice and used the average to try and decrease variance. 

There were two more tactics but I got fired so they got dropped. 

Use the Blue Rows to gauge success, the top two are very close. Will post the tactics not already available in the Discord. 

Full test results, and a picture for those who prefer. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XBofM9Lm6FVtyBvHzmgedYngUgFIrOS3TdeJdoigVOY/edit?usp=sharing

image.thumb.png.eb639457af030d46896956594f538594.png