Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @knap, your tatics are awesome!

im going im my forth year with peterborough united. Took the them from regalation of League one to the premier league in this time. Had to change the tatic 4 times but it was worth it!

now i will resign because my team is weak and i dont have money to do anything else with them

A Question to all the people saying "this tactic doesn't work" "i cant win with this tactic"

How long do you try a tactic for before you deem it not to work? 

A few factors to consider.

-Players will take time to familiarise with tactics 

-If you bring in a bunch of new players they will need time

-Does your team suit what being asked of them? (Do they have the stamina and work rate to press highly)

- January/Feb always seems to be a rough month for me loosing games. 

All of Knaps tactics are successful, but YOU have to put the work in finding the right players/teams. 

2 hours ago, LVercetti said:

A Question to all the people saying "this tactic doesn't work" "i cant win with this tactic"

How long do you try a tactic for before you deem it not to work? 

A few factors to consider.

-Players will take time to familiarise with tactics 

-If you bring in a bunch of new players they will need time

-Does your team suit what being asked of them? (Do they have the stamina and work rate to press highly)

- January/Feb always seems to be a rough month for me loosing games. 

All of Knaps tactics are successful, but YOU have to put the work in finding the right players/teams. 

I've had no luck so far with any of the Knap tactics I've tried. I've used top, middle and bottom clubs and I just don't get any consistency.

Most of the posts I read are people who use instant result or they go on holiday, I've seen very few posts announcing success playing the full game.

18 hours ago, knap said:

@SavoNFFC

I would use the FM20 tactic from the FM 20 Gogle docs in OP.

Quick question, I've gone with the Kashmir 4-3-3 and my next results were...

4-0

6-1

7-1

2-0

3-3 

The draw was frustrating as I was 3-0 up and couldn't see it out. Do you have a recommended tactic you switch to in order to close games down? Or do you simply change the mentality on this tactic? Or perhaps even just carry on attacking??

Cheers

@SavoNFFC

With KASHNIR 433 you will need to protect wings when being defensive.

There is a SUS Tactic on google docs, just sort pts and look for 0 pts.

I've also set out defensive tweaks in the googl docs post, but you will need to protect the wings.

1 hour ago, Whufc10000 said:

I've had no luck so far with any of the Knap tactics I've tried. I've used top, middle and bottom clubs and I just don't get any consistency.

Most of the posts I read are people who use instant result or they go on holiday, I've seen very few posts announcing success playing the full game.

What team are you? What tactics have you used. 

I have a career I play basically every game, I only use instant result for the games that im a massive favourite. Mainly play with a 4231 that i have linked but have tested a lot of tactics and they all seem to perform.  I find 4231 fits a lot of good players in a squad. 

The picture is of my current Dormund save and my old Salzburg save. 

image.png.503d65e16b5b78ff41b8601eddb6ab6c.png793240975_Salzburg4231.thumb.PNG.89b2921efb336e7659b7f703b1e13f0e.PNG

FM21.5PARISKnapPar1sLVER4231P103IFECFA.fmf

1 hour ago, LVercetti said:

What team are you? What tactics have you used. 

I have a career I play basically every game, I only use instant result for the games that im a massive favourite. Mainly play with a 4231 that i have linked but have tested a lot of tactics and they all seem to perform.  I find 4231 fits a lot of good players in a squad. 

The picture is of my current Dormund save and my old Salzburg save. 

image.png.503d65e16b5b78ff41b8601eddb6ab6c.png793240975_Salzburg4231.thumb.PNG.89b2921efb336e7659b7f703b1e13f0e.PNG

FM21.5PARISKnapPar1sLVER4231P103IFECFA.fmf 45.08 kB · 6 downloads

I've been West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Villa and I've tried a fair few tactics, new games from pre season 1.

I had a few good starts, but quickly faded into bad results.

It might be something I'm doing, or not doing, I find the whole thing with the tactics spread everywhere very confusing. 

50 minutes ago, Whufc10000 said:

I've been West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Villa and I've tried a fair few tactics, new games from pre season 1.

I had a few good starts, but quickly faded into bad results.

It might be something I'm doing, or not doing, I find the whole thing with the tactics spread everywhere very confusing. 

If you can't have success with teams like Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea then you don't know how to play FM21. Go on Twitch and watch people how they play or look for the videos on youtube, you have everything there. There's no more plug&play and you need to learn how to play the game. 👍 good luck

9 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

If you can't have success with teams like Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea then you don't know how to play FM21. Go on Twitch and watch people how they play or look for the videos on youtube, you have everything there. There's no more plug&play and you need to learn how to play the game. 👍 good luck

I've had plenty of success with other tactics, just not any of knap's :brock:

Knap, what's the best tactic for Hibernian, tried a few but struggling to get consistency, also struggling to get IF (left) working, winger on the right no problem but on the left my IF who is an important player struggles as does his younger back up. I generally play 423 or 451.

44 minutes ago, knap said:

@jc1

Is IF his best role any ppms or traits

Yes it's Jamie Murphy, IF or IW, just can't get him playing, tried 4231/451, so frustrating.

Traits are likes ball played into feet, runs with ball often, places shots, knocks ball past opponents.

Edited by jc1

@knap  I've used several of your tactics in my first save on FM 21 with Cardiff City, Promoted as champions first season, finally won the EPL in 2027 and CL in 2028. Have been playing 4-1-3-2 and 4-2-4 formations mostly (had some incredible goal scoring achievements) my only issue has been with the two central midfielders, who tend to struggle, whether it be a DLP/MEZ or DLP/BBM combination, they always seem to get very low ratings, even when playing "World Class" midfielders. 

So my question, have you, or anyone else, had any ideas on how to improve on the central midfield partnership, or is it something i just have to accept for playing such attacking football?

Thanks again for all your hard work. 

On 23/12/2020 at 23:48, knap said:

FM 21.4 ME

VENOM & FAITH 41320 VOL P100 FA CC

FM21.4Venom&FaithKnap41320VOLP10OFACC.fmf 45.21 kB · 121 downloads

260507710_Screenshot(3347).thumb.png.6e4435309fa79d571d9effe81a3aa691.png1835555636_Screenshot(3346).thumb.png.cd72d39f09bd0236d06b11d5a4958b76.png

I'm using this with West Ham and I'm not liking the SS's, particularly not having any out and out forward. For instance, if I click 'pick a team' it ends up putting attacking midfielders like Lanzini in there instead of my out and out strikers who I've purchased :-)

I can see you tested this with Liverpool and I imagine it works well with Mane and Salah in those positions but for other teams, how would you adapt it? (Sorry if it's been asked before!)

Thanks

J

4 hours ago, bestfootie said:

I'm using this with West Ham and I'm not liking the SS's, particularly not having any out and out forward. For instance, if I click 'pick a team' it ends up putting attacking midfielders like Lanzini in there instead of my out and out strikers who I've purchased :-)

I can see you tested this with Liverpool and I imagine it works well with Mane and Salah in those positions but for other teams, how would you adapt it? (Sorry if it's been asked before!)

Thanks

J

I've been using pacy attacking mids in the SS roles. I have a pacy winger that I continually train in the position as well. He did well at times in the beginning, had a few sticky patches but slowly getting better and better in the position.

3 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

I've been using pacy attacking mids in the SS roles. I have a pacy winger that I continually train in the position as well. He did well at times in the beginning, had a few sticky patches but slowly getting better and better in the position.

I'm trying to get my strikers to do well in those roles at the moment. I'm 6th with West Ham after 9 games, and I just thrashed Belgium 3-1 while managing England. 

7 hours ago, knap said:

@bestfootie

Just use forwards with pace in the SS Role. The PIs will be no different if they were in fwd roles..

The problem with holiday test with a normal squad is that the AM will use attacking mids.

I think I saw someone mention it before, any idea why Declan Rice seems to playing so **** for me in both the Vol(A) and DLP(Su) roles?

@knap have you got a sus tactic like the one on the home screen thats all set up and ready to go

AWAY GAMES SUS

With regard to Away games it depends upon your own risk factor. I am gung ho and prefer to attack and perhaps win 1 game in 3. If isk adverse then use a defensive tactic and perhaps draw all 3 games.

As a defensive formation I would use 4141 as it has a DM and protects wings, and KINGSTONIAN 4141 would be my choice.

I use 3 DLs std higher much higher. If AI are going for balls over top then std but if AI attacking you can leave at higher ormuch higher. 

The LOE can be adjusted with or without DL adjustments. The simple answer is just drop LOE..

I use Cautious positive and attacking mentalities.

For a SUS these are ideas to use.

Use 4141 formation

Remove pass into space

Stop WB runs by go

ing to defend or no nonsense FB

Use Defend on DM or most defensive MC

Change mentality Positive/cautious

Add Time wasting

Change from counter press and counter and full SUS would be to regroup and hold shape

I tend to judge what to use by how the game is progressing as you may just to want to control game rather than a full SU

@knap I have now tried 442 Warrior with Tottenham for a full season. After a terrible period midseason, i managed a 3 place.  At home this tactic was really good, but struggled away sometimes,not only to top six teams. Do you think the 442 you had with Ebbsfleet would work with Spurs? 

@stian

Spurs are probably more awkward this year as high rep but a rubbish team excluding Kane.

Are you having a squad clear out or trying to use original squad. What is your expectation. What was the final table, as Lpool MC MU can all get over 100pts

Ebbsfleet tactics should work with Spurs as well as the Chelsea tacticd

1 hour ago, knap said:

@stian

Spurs are probably more awkward this year as high rep but a rubbish team excluding Kane.

Are you having a squad clear out or trying to use original squad. What is your expectation. What was the final table, as Lpool MC MU can all get over 100pts

Ebbsfleet tactics should work with Spurs as well as the Chelsea tacticd

@knap I have sold a lot of players now, a clearout, to try to get players more suited for tactics. Played the first season with orginal squad, loaned Vincius from Real Madrid. Liverpool won, City in 2 place,(Liverpool had 97, City 92 and i  had 82)My goal was Champions league(top 4), and a cup title. Did not win any cups, quarterfinal in Euro League and Semi-final in League Cup..  Chelsea Tactic? Which one is that?

I tried a strikeless formation and i think it broke the game

im playing with a lower league team, and i managed to archive the sjy bet championship with. The expectation was to finish in 16 and i was doing alright with a 4132 formation (i was in 10, realistic with the team i have)

them i changed to strikeless, adapted my team and im now with 16 games and 15 wins. I only lost to liverpool in the FA cup. Best tatic ever 

holy ghost fire 41320