Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 Points clear in the Scottish championship with Parisienne Walkways.

Being a weaker team, I have tried to use cautious away from home....Doesn't work for me we sit back, keep most of the ball but barely make chances and end up getting spanked.

I'm just going to keep attacking in all games now. Least if I get beat I would have caused problems for the opponent :) 

5 hours ago, The Reaper said:

After ashort term test looks like this one is still the top tactic

Just ran a few very simple season-long tests of a few different tactics with Fulham (predicted finish 20th), since I was trying to find a suitable underdog tactic in my main save, and can confirm this one had the best results -- 5th place finish, 2nd goals scored, 2nd in expected goals scored, and tied for 5th best defense!

FM21.5WARRIORKnap4442IWBP104EC.fmf

Edited by daniel.camponovo

Yeah, I was wondering why my team suddenly started playing **** for no apperent reason. These constant updates from SI makes this game boring, and actually worse than on release. 

I really think it should be possible to roll-back ME's.  I paid for this (stupid) game and I should be able to play with whatever update I want tbh.

22 minuti fa, LVercetti ha scritto:

New Match Engine. 

Seems to be even out the league a little more, still do very well against some teams. Beat Brentford 6-1 in the playoffs and Liverpool 2-1 in the cup. 

Most of the losses are tricky away games. 

4231 - 80 - LEague.PNG

4231 - 80 - Squad.PNG

Has this finished 2nd with more of 100 pt with 21.4?

18 minutes ago, knap said:

@LVercetti

New ME = worst result so far

Retested with the same tactic on positive as you set it. 

Seems much better, actually performed better than the previous test on the last match engine. Still think this is the "best" tactic this year. 

I have updated the spreadsheet with a lighter colour to indicate the match engine changes. 

4231 - 101 - 21.5 - Squad.PNG

4231 - 101 - 21.5 - Table.PNG

5 minutes ago, knap said:

@LVercetti

I think Cautious is more situational. Either use a higher mentality to start and get a lead and then change to Cautious or start Cautious and see how the game pans out.

Yeah agreed. 

I think tactical familiarity seems to be much more important this year as well. If your team aint used to playing on cautious and you suddenly switch doesn't seem to work as well. 

In my main save I have a match plan set up. so if we was ahead 70-90 mins it would switch to cautious  which worked well. 

@Mr.Robot

It is an option, but being too slow means you can get caught with the ball. It tends to be a balancing act. If you find a slower4141 is the best option then just save as a tactic, and use it when needed. Tactic changes during a match can be more rough and ready as they only need to do a job for a small amount of time.