Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mr.Robot said:

@knapwhich 4231 u prefer for top teams, the parisienne oder the time formation?

and which tactic u prefer in hard CL-Games

is beowulf 442 a decent 1? or the warrior 4132?

I prefer Parisienne but TIME gave fine results in the half-season I used it on positive for away matches. 

Honestly, people are getting fixated on which tactic is "best", but in my opinion you should just pick whichever of Knap's tactics plays the shape, roles, and style you like. You do have to be a little smart not to pick i.e. Mad as a Hatter or run like hell as a primary tactic for an underdog, but in terms of the 4231, play whichever one you like and the results will be about the same.

@knap looking to combine a 451 with a flat back 4 with the Parisienne for tough European games. It looks like the only 2 with the flat back 4 are HGF P99 and Preachin Blues P103. The preachin blues is a pretty big departure from the Parisienne, with IWB's and IF-A. The HGF is doable but has the IF-s, WB-A, and PF which players won't be fluid in switching from the Parisienne.

Wondering if a 451 with WB-S, DLP-S, BBM-S, Mez-A, W-S(or A), and AF is workable? Is the AF too isolated?

Do you think you could make something work out of that?

Edit: It's possible that doesn't get enough people into the box, and a different CM on attack would be better than the Mez. A CM-A for instance.

Edited by drhay53

@drhay53

The Warrior tactic like above is a good defensive option. A solid defence around the DM position MR/L that work hard and forwards pressing their back 4.

The other option is a 4141, but tat can be too negative

Knap could you test the kashmir4141p365 from last year? It was an insane tactic, especially as an underdog tactic in LLM.

And if possible a test of the fireandwatervol24321ox would also be awesome. That was one crazy tactic last year aswell!

Thank you. 

It seems that after the latest patch a lot of the good tactics are the same as last year, if you look at @Cwiekus testing from FM20.

Wouldn't be surprised if the two I mentioned performs very good. I know though, that your testing with Liverpool won't give the same picture as Cwiekus different underdog tests. 

Edited by Kobinho

@knap surprised how well this went; I tinkered a few iterations then tested on holiday. I started with preachin blues, switched the roles and made some small changes to TIs and PIs, and tested all on holiday. 

I didn't see any specific MM on the preachin' tactic I started from. The main changes I made were to lower tempo, take off the offside trap, and change the roles and some PIs to suit what I'm looking for.

Any improvements you'd make to this?

drhay53-451.fmf

20210105183357_1.thumb.jpg.1dea0e52d4273547025c8867c40054e5.jpg

20210105183450_1.thumb.jpg.dab74f380cb175f0853c2f53aa1d6bfe.jpg

20210105183509_1.thumb.jpg.842634598adbe5cebdbdb49cc8a3d545.jpg

20210105183522_1.thumb.jpg.d29476fd93610bc1dac01ca59718992b.jpg

@knap what's your suggestion for underdog (CA 120-130) in one of the top leagues?

I tried 442 Warrior but it performed...quite poorly. Team was relegated after promotion, I didn't expect to win the league but thought I would at least be able to get to a mid table finish. Defense just opens up, probably players are just too young + poor CA for even it to work even though it tested so well as an underdog on FM base. Are there any formations you recommend that you think will perform better with 120-30 CA players??

Edited by Gunster

2 hours ago, Gunster said:

@knap what's your suggestion for underdog (CA 120-130) in one of the top leagues?

I tried 442 Warrior but it performed...quite poorly. Team was relegated after promotion, I didn't expect to win the league but thought I would at least be able to get to a mid table finish. Defense just opens up, probably players are just too young + poor CA for even it to work even though it tested so well as an underdog on FM base. Are there any formations you recommend that you think will perform better with 120-30 CA players??

Sometimes tactics do not work whatsoever, and you needs other inputs like holding a team meeting to encourage your team and put things back on track. Pro tip: if you have a bad result after a winning streak, hold a meeting and praise the team, works all time for me.

Edited by longruoi1

i did some half season holiday test (until 09-01-2021)with West Ham

Transfer in - Selmani - Almada - Wolff Eikrem  /  Transfer out -  NO

Asked the ass.manager to keep the selected line up

Senza titolo 3.png

Edited by radetzky

@Gunster

It has become more and more difficult each year to find players suitable for league above. IMO it is utterly unrealistic. I've had quality players leave and the end up in a lower league on less wages.

You can d a quick check with GS to see if your team can compete.

The KASHMIR 4141 did well with KINGSTONIAN and should be a solid formation.

@radetzky

We noticed last year with the French underdog tests that there is likely to be a bad rng result in 3 tests. We decided to drop a bad rng result when looking at which tactic works. Freezing morale may avoid getting bad rng results. Good tip from @longruoi1 which should help in maintaining morale and getting bad rng.

Venom looks to have had best results

3 ore fa, knap ha scritto:

@radetzky

We noticed last year with the French underdog tests that there is likely to be a bad rng result in 3 tests. We decided to drop a bad rng result when looking at which tactic works. Freezing morale may avoid getting bad rng results. Good tip from @longruoi1 which should help in maintaining morale and getting bad rng.

Venom looks to have had best results

My aim was to test a certain number of tactics that seems to be the best ones around. I will run more test for each tactics in the next days / week.

RNG is part of the game, when you play a normal save players are upset, uhnappy or there are players sent off, opposite goalkeepers doing miracles and so on.

Meanwhile i' have tested

FM21.4WARRIORKnap4442AFCHELSEAP99ALLCUPS - 17P - 11-3-3 44F 22A - 36PT 4th

FM21.4WARRIORKnap4442AFCHELSEAP99ALLCUPS - 16P – 10-1-5 34F 22A - 31PT 4th

FM21.4WARRIORKnap4442AFCHELSEAP99ALLCUPS - 16P – 10-5-1 37F 20A - 32PT 4th

in this case the test was stable. 99 pt and all cups with Chelsea are a very good business card.

Indeed i'am using Vernom&Faith 41212 in my save, I'm managing Sheffield Utd in first season and most of the times i am starting the matches with cautious mentality then i switch to positive if needed. It's working great.

I have read about FM20 tactics still working on FM21, I had one of most amazing careers of ever when i have come across your FM2044PILGRIMAGEKnapIWB41221OXFORDVOL2CP378(197-181)P378.  I really enjoyed, so much that i have kept on my laptop FM20 (normally i clear the old version when the new one is out). Therefore i am going to test in on FM21 to see if it's still working

Edited by radetzky

Hey @knap

Since strikerless seems so effective on the latest patch, you have any plans on recreating a tactic you had for one of the older FMs when strikerless was king.

I think it was either FM16 or 17. it was a 3-4-3-0 Strikerless, wingbacks with 3 SS upfront. Also think you had a version with AP-AM-SS.

It was a beast, Wish I could find it but it was on an older pc I had.

Sorry if you have already have made this somewhere but I didn't see it anywhere.

Edited by Jamieac