Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

I have really got into the full version of the game since lockdown bcos of Knap tactics but what seems to be a common theme for me is doing really well in the first season and then completely tanking in the 2nd.

This isn't a dig at knap tactics at all (helped me out massively and given me a lot of enjoyment) but in general are people switching tactics each season or are you able to stick with one tactic throughout 3 or 4 seasons? As I setup my team with signings based around roles, do well for the first year and then find myself needing to change tactics but then have players that don't fit roles.

Thanks in advanced guys and sorry for the noob question!

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ronaldinho Gaúcho 10

There is no right or wrong just how you prefer to use mentality.

I tend to only use the mentality of tactic apart from a SUS tactic, or sometimes a control tactic

Man marking works well without mentality changes and you can tweak the tactic with a OI.

4231 tactics at the best i think

sub top - ID1458    TEA FOR ONE AM 4231 P101 EC CC

: a pass play to solve the game
 Need some level of player
 home and away stable winning rate

I used left IF ->left foot,  right IF -> right food   

under dog - ID1594 PARISIENNE WALKWAYS RDF TWEAK

: 4231tactic which had the most stable winning rate for the underdog team

Hello guys, I just got promoted in the serie A with my small team. It will be a very difficult season with few new players, can you suggest me a good tactic to use? Maybe a parkthebus/counterattack one to use when i face top teams, and a more attacking oriented one to use versus teams i feel i can beat?

Thanks in advance!

@RDF Tactics, very good explanation but i didnt understood if you tick "never" on "tight marking" for the best players no matter the positions or just the Wingers of the opponent?

Do you use Man Marking?

Sorry for bother you with this but my speakers aren't in their best , i couldn't listen all correctly, (maybe they have covid-19 as well):lol:

Edited by slb4ever

9 hours ago, slb4ever said:

@RDF Tactics, very good explanation but i didnt understood if you tick "never" on "tight marking" for the best players no matter the positions or just the Wingers of the opponent?

Do you use Man Marking?

I think he advised if players who are very quick and skilful (usually the wingers/forwards with high dribbling, agility, pace, flair, acceleration, balance) - basically a player who can wreck your defender 1v1..there you choose to “Never” man mark 

14 minutes ago, knap said:

@Bakiano

I've used it with std 4231 and 4321 (2AMs) so should work. This is a defensive tweak and may impair attacking

And how about christmas tree 4321? Or 4312. Does it must have wingers to use MM?

Currently using a flat 442 (venom P109) and doing well with Stuttgart. Looking to explore the man marking a bit more but not sure the 442 is suitable for this?  

Does MM only really work when you have that triangle of the front three like AM and 2 PF?  

@kitchin75

I think the original tested better with BM.

I would look at the tweaks and incorporate thse you like when facing more difficult games. There is no harm experimenting with the ideas.

@slb4ever

They are options to experiment with for difficult games

Not all tactics use TM TI

If cards are a problem remove HT

Reduce CD is part of a control tactic could also use regroup.

Remove WBIB  to take a few more chances around the box.

Never TM World Class Players if they are a problem

23 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

@knap @Par1s thank you! though i promise, i can do better haha i'm still talking too fast and not taking my time..But Fire and Water used to be my favourite tactic, this one blows all FM tactics i think. 

RDF, would you consider to do the tweaking you've mentioned here with any other tactic with the same TI? 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

i could do as long as it's on the Scout site too

I mean, would you suggest doing the tweaks you did with the Southampton team (dropping intensity of pressing etc) with any other tactic? 

Thanks!