Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@nmdb

I can add them to list of tactics to look at..

If TIME has PIs then this will become ECHOES.

TIME tactics should not have PIs (apart from GK), and rely more on Players rather than dictate to players.

Just now, Zachar said:

Im just starting my 5th season now :) what linup do you wanna see? the original one, or the one i have now ? :D (of course without the regens)

would like to see them both if possible :D

43 IF

VENOM 4132 MEZ P101 EC

WARRIOR

MAD AS A HATTER

PARISIENNE WALKWAYS 424 P108 EC CC for 21.6 please ? (TEST)

Venom&FaithKnap41212P100ALLCUPSNOLOSS

FM21.4KASHMIRKnap23230CP102ALLCUPS " in the pipeline?

FM21.5HOLYGHOSTFIRE451P107ECCC

TIME 4231 had a good 21.6 test and updated to ECHOES 4231 P111.

58 minutes ago, MAECK said:

would like to see them both if possible :D

Sure thing :) i have no screen shots of my 1. season team so I gotta do it the old fashion way:

Martial

Rashford                           Fernandes                   Greenwood

Pogba        van de Beek

Telles                     Baily                   Maguire          Wan-Bissaka

And after 5 season and alot of trophies later:

Moukoko

Reyna/Rashford            Fernandes                      Yussuf Demir

Thiago Almada      Ugarte     

Alphonso Davies       De Ligt      Diveev                  Menino

Gasparini       

I have alot of regens witch would make no sense listing :) hope it helps

12 hours ago, knap said:

@KakaSCP

You can sort the under dog test results for 21.5 tactics tested in 21.6.

Disraeli gears 41320 may work well if you don't mind strikerless

which Disraeli gears 41320 knap ? there's 2 ? i took over a Russian division 2 team in relegation zone and I've lost my first 5 games need something to save me i did change to the p102 version in the last match and my keeper decided to spill the ball in the last 10 mins and i lost that 1-0 as well

@hilmz88

I would use the last tactic P99. It may be the team ca,t handle strikerless so maybe HGF 4312. With Dulwich a 442 4141 tactics worked better than 41320. You need fast strikers with 41320 as well att SS.

I started with echoe 4231 then i tried time and run like hell 4231 but i wasn't playing good still. i tried kashmir 4-1-4-1 and pilgrimage 4-1-3-1-1 but still not playing good. hasn't helped that I've change tactic so much now. I think I'm gonna get relegated. im gonna stick with disreali p99 tonight as we only lost because my right back took the corner and i only had 1 defender back which i need to change, and we got countered and my keeper spilt the ball hit the post and went in lost 1-0. ps in them 6 games i still haven't scored a goal as well ! still got 12 games left on the plus side  

All of the best tactics for FM20 were based on the same principles:

In possesion: Play out of defense, Run at defense, Work Ball into Box, Low Crosses

Out of possession: Extremely high defensive line, Much higher lines of engagement, Extremely urgent pressing, Get stuck in, Tighter marking & Prevent GK distribution, etc.

Have there been any major changes to the match engine this year?

Are there alternative ways to approach tactics and find success, i.e. low defensive line and direct football? I'm desperate to do a Big Sam and make it work.

Edited by baggiez

Cautious has become utter crap in this ME. One the one hand, it’s good that the AI is making adjustments during a match to come back. But it’s titled so much the other way now. It’s like telling the AI “Please score against me. I’m begging you.”

Only way to defend a lead is to stay on the attack. 

50 minutes ago, baggiez said:

All of the best tactics for FM20 were based on the same principles:

In possesion: Play out of defense, Run at defense, Work Ball into Box, Low Crosses

Out of possession: Extremely high defensive line, Much higher lines of engagement, Extremely urgent pressing, Get stuck in, Tighter marking & Prevent GK distribution, etc.

Have there been any major changes to the match engine this year?

Are there alternative ways to approach tactics and find success, i.e. low defensive line and direct football? I'm desperate to do a Big Sam and make it work.

Forget about it, such aproach will only work with top teams unfortunatelly

23 hours ago, knap said:

@nmdb

I can add them to list of tactics to look at..

If TIME has PIs then this will become ECHOES.

TIME tactics should not have PIs (apart from GK), and rely more on Players rather than dictate to players.

Which criteria would you recommend for choosing between 4231 TIME and 4231 ECHOES?

I have been using 21.5 4231 TIME, and I was wondering which of these 2 should I choose now?

Thank you a lot for your superb work!

Knap, I get a bit overwhelmed with how much work you put into this and how many tactics there are to choose from.
I rarely get time to play FM so when I do (what I'm about to say sounds awful, I know) I want to see good football and get results. I use the editor to help with injuries and budgets etc. What tactics would you recommend if I'm looking at a Championship team, build them up fairly quickly for promotion and plan for a pretty quick assault on the Premier League title?

@TheDentalist

I would probably either go by the test results or recommenstions from the thread or Discord.

The most exploitive tactic is strkerless, but not always a popular formation.

If you prefer 442 then Warrior works well if 4231 then Echoes.