Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Paulinho26

There are updated training on Discord. There should also be a few Baden Powell you tube vid about the benefits.

I only use AM for testing and if a tactic does not work well then it is always useful just to let AM take training in case it is causing a problem.

In theory better player development should help a tactic, but would be difficult to quantify.

• knap changed the title to FM22 and FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Recommended Tactic List

It seems like the stamina system has been changed with the full release. That means top teams perform well with high intensity tactic but weaker teams perform even more worse with high tempo and high pressing tactic. 

@knapWould you change the 3 at the back tactics ? Do you think WCB-BPD-WCB formation are viable ? And at the front do you think 1 TF supported by 2 SS are also viable ? 

Keep up the good work ! 😉

@knap

I meant weak team (predicted 18~20th) in a top league. 

Do you have any preferences for the WB roles ? I saw you tried WB on Automatic. Is it actually better than Attack/Support ? What about Inverted WBs ? 

For the DM(or CM) roles, Segundo Volantes duos are better than anything else right now ? Always on Attack ? 

(still talking about 3/5 at the back formations)

Thanks for answering 🙂

Edited by Shinji Modric

@Shinji Modric

Norwich can finish 5th using a press DM tactic (not vol A), so nothing to suggest underdogs cannot use those type of tactics.

If you have better rotation and transfers and training , there should not be a problem.

Automatic can give you more PIs to use.

It is best to keep an open mind on how these fit together.

1st season using HGF. Wilson, AsM and 9 others (so not really NUFC). CC winners and enough points to win the league if Liverpool didnt win 26 EPL matches consecutively mid-season. HGF dominates possission much better now than in the Beta with alot of goals. 

league.PNG

team.PNG

Il y a 2 heures, knap a dit :

@Shinji Modric

Norwich can finish 5th using a press DM tactic (not vol A), so nothing to suggest underdogs cannot use those type of tactics.

@knapNot sure I understand. By "not vol A", do you mean vol A are not recommended for teams like Norwich ? 

I plan to manage Brentford. I'm just wondering what kind of WBs and DMs(or CMs) I should use. I thought I'd try two Volantes but maybe on Support. 

Edited by Shinji Modric

@Shinji Modric

Roles and Duties have to all work together, and there are many ways to combine them.

I have used to VOL Attack but also 2 DMs with the DEEP SICILIAN DEFENCE Tactic or VOL Support with SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL.

There are no hard and fast rules

@knapSure, thanks. 

But would you say there is a maximum limit of certain roles to not exceed depending of the mentality and the team you manage ? For instance, Attacking mentality with 5 players on Attack seems right, but like 9 players on Attack are probably too much, right ?  

Again, thanks for answering and let me ask you another question please 🙏

Do you think Inverted WBs can be played without any Wingers in front of them ? 

@FMMaster2007

Still Early days but testing is being carried out but nothing formal yet. If you look at the FM 21 Version there is a mass of test information, including top mid underdog.

At this stage it is more trial and error to see what works.

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and firstly I would like to thank Knapp for all his brilliant work! I'm currently managing Chelsea (I'm a big fan) and I would like you know which tactic you would recommend for them? I was thinking of one with 3 CBs but I don't really like what I do with players like Mount, Havertz or CHO by using 3 CBs... Have you got any suggestions?

Thanks m8 :)