Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

I am very successful with Knap's 4-2-3-1 which was tweaked by Paris. I have Sporting Portugal, a team which on paper is not at all the same level as Porto or Benfica. But the results are fantastic: 1st in Liga Nos, 18-2-1 on the record with my first conceded defeat against Victoria Setubal (it happens). I like the way my team plays, and above all it defends very very well when I consider myself to have defenders of medium levels. Very promising !

20191226122053_1.thumb.jpg.dc04b50dade2fa984a12c469d3d05852.jpg

20191226122111_1.jpg

20191226122121_1.jpg

20191226122126_1.jpg

20191226122224_1.jpg

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think one persons dream tactic will necessarily be the same for another . The Paris tweak just didn't work for me better than Sicilian but thus far Oxford does . With so many variables now the old days of plug'n'play are gone i don't see how it'll ever be different again . Some folks still want to just pop one on and win everything which if you're a lower team fan won't necessarily happen

My observations after playing a few seasons in multiple countries and different standards:

- 2 strikers formations are much more effective than single striker

- 442 and its variant (4222; 424) is the most consistent formation

- Star strikers with elite pace, intelligence and finishing (Haaland, Mbappe, Auba etc) will score goals regardless of tactic

- AMC is useless in this ME

- Sicilian P101 has been the most consistent and overachieving tactic for me in different countries (including Brazil, South Africa, Mexico, Australia).

- My suggestion is pick one of Knap's 442/4222 and stick with it for a while. Most likely you will overachieve.

20 minutes ago, knap said:

Team Instructions, which means you can take off get stuck in with 1 click.

:) Ahhh!

In what way is TIME better for change of TI compared to the other tactics. 

I understand that if I change Get stucked in at a non-TIME tactic then perhaps the PI that you have set is at no use or non-productive. But cant that also be relevant for the original player roles that are used in TIME?

1 hour ago, knap said:

With an underdog

Sicilian P101  argus 352 FM 20.2 northern soul 352 WULF 4132 or 4141

Which would you suggest for either Everton or Liverpool Knap without making any signings because I like to turn off transfers for the first season to make it realistic?

2 minutes ago, knap said:

I do the opposite, start unemployed until first game of season, take over club and see what transfers the AI manager has made.

Liverpool any - Everton probably underdog

Thanks mate. Ha good idea. I prefer to see if I can do as good/better than the real life manager has :)

Edited by crew2

21 hours ago, Essiko98| said:

Best tactic i have tested so far after the patch.

Yes i have only played 10 games but still.

Smashed Atletico Madrid 0-6 away, they did get a red card but i was already up by 2 goals then.

And do also have a really hard Group in the champions League too.

Really good tactic knap :P

No transfers.

Skjermbilde (2).png

Skjermbilde (3).png

Skjermbilde (4).png

Skjermbilde (5).png

Skjermbilde (6).png

FM20.2BEOWULF442WAFKnapP107ALLCUPS.fmf 44.84 kB · 131 downloads

Can u show us results at the end of season,ty

2 hours ago, danielellison84 said:

Hi, is there a problem with the FM Base website? Nothing is showing on the tactics testing screen. Merry Xmas BTW

Hi, we're having some cdn issues. I guess they're short-staffed over Christmas. It looks to be up at the moment, but new results aren't updating its frustrating. I'll try and get a fix out tonight, but I'm pretty drunk.. 

Merry Christmas! 

I had some trouble with all tactics recently (including top tested). Alot of draws and losses. That forced me to start reading. I just learned how to use mentality. The difference to the better seems astronomical!

Ingame see the Analysis tab what tactic the opposing team plays. Heres my new found experience:

If the quite equal or stronger opponent plays Positive, you counter it with Cautious.

If the quite equal or stronger opponent plays Attacking, you counter it with Defensive.

If the quite equal or stronger opponent plays defensive/cautious, you counter it with Cautious or Balanced to not get countered on yourself too much.

If the opponent is alot weaker CA etc probably matters more then mentality for the outcome and attacking might do the job most of the time.

(NOTE: As you know good team performance also requires team cohesion, good players, good morale and game management. Also vs teams alot stronger like many levels of better attributes in average winning will be very hard no matter mentality. Choosing a fitting mentality might help a little tho)

Feel free to correct these thoughts!

image.thumb.png.043c8a415c2a2e86a088859c40fb02d2.png

Edited by Dreambuilder

10 minutes ago, ilyes92300 said:

there are 150 tactics I can't find my way .. I don't know which tactic to use ...

What if everyone posted that in this thread man.. Go read more threads. Like this great guide. I suggest trying Knaps Beowulf 442 lower defenseline P101. Great looking, fun and good tactic. Dont forget to change mentality. Good luck!

Edited by Dreambuilder

1 hour ago, Dreambuilder said:

I had some trouble with all tactics recently (including top tested). Alot of draws and losses. That forced me to start reading. I just learned how to use mentality. The difference to the better seems astronomical!

Ingame see the Analysis tab what tactic the opposing team plays. Heres my new found experience:

If the quite equal or stronger opponent plays Positive, you counter it with Cautious.

If the quite equal or stronger opponent plays Attacking, you counter it with Defensive.

If the quite equal or stronger opponent plays defensive/cautious, you counter it with Cautious or Balanced to not get countered on yourself too much.

If the opponent is alot weaker CA etc probably matters more then mentality for the outcome and attacking might do the job most of the time.

(NOTE: As you know good team performance also requires team cohesion, good players, good morale and game management. Also vs teams alot stronger like many levels of better attributes in average winning will be very hard no matter mentality. Choosing a fitting mentality might help a little tho)

this seems to be the only way to go, playing with sicilian 4222 and started thinkering with the mentality against west ham

will do a new test using beowulf and i will change the mentality

20191226203454_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, Cuper said:

this seems to be the only way to go, playing with sicilian 4222 and started thinkering with the mentality against west ham

20191226203454_1.jpg

Looks like results improved since West Ham.

I'm running a restarted season with the same Knap442lowerDLP101 tactic and results are alot better by adapting mentality after the opposition mentality. Like in real life..!

Had absolutely 0% chance of winning against Barcelona friendly who are like 50 CA higher in average. Still we managed to be almost on par in shots and even scored a goal. Even won possesion. Thanks to cautious/defensive mentality.

image.thumb.png.db8d41a8a51b02221910b73bdb7c34ab.pngimage.thumb.png.81d1a51e62e10272405c200a352a5cef.png

50 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

Looks like results improved since West Ham.

I'm running a restarted season with the same Knap442lowerDLP101 tactic and results are alot better by adapting mentality after the opposition mentality. Like in real life..!

Had absolutely 0% chance of winning against Barcelona friendly who are like 50 CA higher in average. Still we managed to be almost on par in shots and even scored a goal. Even won possesion. Thanks to cautious/defensive mentality.

image.thumb.png.db8d41a8a51b02221910b73bdb7c34ab.pngimage.thumb.png.81d1a51e62e10272405c200a352a5cef.png

download link for the second tactic?

1 hour ago, Cuper said:

20191226203454_1.jpg

Glad to see you’re both getting some good results from this approach - once you get the hang of it, it really is a ‘no-brainer’!

Only thing you don’t mention/not sure if you’re aware/have noticed is that if you’re using a tactic with a lot of PI’s etc, changing the mentality alone may not (which means it still might?) make enough of a difference; what you can do then is have 5 different tactic sets for each mentality that you can switch too on the fly - means the roles & positions match the intention much better; can a 424 really ever be ‘very defensive’ for example? Realise that sounds like a lot of work but it makes it much more reliable when you get it working (example of tactic set i used in 19 is in my ‘mentality matters’ thread - will edit this to a link when im not typing on a phone!).

If you do go down the ‘multi-mentality-tactic’ route, it’s a good idea to keep the tactical shape in mind so you don’t have to make subs/spend ages changing everyone’s position if you move from attacking to very defensive for example (say you score in 85th minute); i always tend to have 3 x MC’s and ensure the DMC’s & AMC’s can play MC well so they’re flexible etc.

NB: Phone has absolutely murdered the post I quoted; was a combination of Cuper & Dreambuilder’s conversation over the last 1-2 pages - worth looking back at to see the success you can have with just a few tweaks each game...! When you start it feels incredibly ‘micro-managey’, but after a while it becomes second nature & you realise you can control games so much easier...!

Edited by optimusprimal82

28 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Glad to see you’re both getting some good results from this approach - once you get the hang of it, it really is a ‘no-brainer’!

Only thing you don’t mention/not sure if you’re aware/have noticed is that if you’re using a tactic with a lot of PI’s etc, changing the mentality alone may not (which means it still might?) make enough of a difference; what you can do then is have 5 different tactic sets for each mentality that you can switch too on the fly - means the roles & positions match the intention much better; can a 424 really ever be ‘very defensive’ for example? Realise that sounds like a lot of work but it makes it much more reliable when you get it working (example of tactic set i used in 19 is in my ‘mentality matters’ thread - will edit this to a link when im not typing on a phone!).

If you do go down the ‘multi-mentality-tactic’ route, it’s a good idea to keep the tactical shape in mind so you don’t have to make subs/spend ages changing everyone’s position if you move from attacking to very defensive for example (say you score in 85th minute); i always tend to have 3 x MC’s and ensure the DMC’s & AMC’s can play MC well so they’re flexible etc.

NB: Phone has absolutely murdered the post I quoted; was a combination of Cuper & Dreambuilder’s conversation over the last 1-2 pages - worth looking back at to see the success you can have with just a few tweaks each game...! When you start it feels incredibly ‘micro-managey’, but after a while it becomes second nature & you realise you can control games so much easier...!

I see, need to study the PI:s. Set more roles to automatic perhaps? With 5 mentality tactics I would have them all 442. A shame we can only have 3 tactics loaded.

Edited by Dreambuilder

10 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

I see, need to study the PI:s. Set more roles to automatic perhaps? With 5 mentality tactics I would have them all 442. A shame we can only have 3 tactics loaded.

Good news is that if they’re all 442 with mostly the same PI’s etc then you won’t suffer much in the way of a ‘familiarity penalty’ so it should be fine in that sense.

If you use the ‘manage tactics’ option in the tactics screen, you can add all 5 in there which means that all 5 will then be available from the in-game drop-down (means you don’t have to go into the main tactic screen mid-game etc). Not sure if that’ll make sense scribbled quickly as I have; if it doesn’t i can bash a picture in here later explaining what i mean - just takes some of the ‘faff’ & ‘hassle’ out of the changes you have to make each game etc.

3 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

The analyst tab, is it the one which shows the formation?