Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

@Emrekellegoz

Depends on how dominant your team is compared to league.

I use a cheat save test to try to  score over 200 league goals KASHMIR 433 MAD AS A HATTER and SPIRIT IN THE SKY all scored over 200

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, knap said:

@LaBombas

ECHOES TH P92 ECHOES P11 or PARISIENNE TH 93

I can confirm that Parisienne 4231 works very well with many different clubs, the only downside is that you score a lot from set pieces and little from open play.

@Ferran Torres

Works the same as the long test on 21.7 tab,but with real saves.

If you are a top club like MU sort the MU results and see what tactics work well with MU Squad, same with WH mid table and Fulham as the relegation under dog..

Because luck plays an a part in any season, the overall total pts indicates the best tactic that works on this ME.

Hi knap,

I've been using   ME21.74-3-3 Manchester City  2020-2021 ThecultofFM  KnapP104FA and ME21.7WARRIORKnap451P109ECCC.fmf to very good effect and also

FM21.5PaeisienneWalkwaysKnapPar1s424P108ECCC.fmf

I have made very minor changes to all - removed "get stuck in" and un-ticked "tackle harder" from each players instructions. I also changed every players instruction to "shoot less often". Apart from that the only other change is to have a "positive" version for tougher games and a "attacking" version for easier games.

The only problems I've found with these tactics are that they all tend to lose potency after  1 or 2 seasons AND I sometimes have issues with strikers going on very poor goal scoring runs.

I was wondering If there is a simple solution or if there are any other of your tactics that are consistent for longer?

I do tend to prefer 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 formations and I'm not a huge fan of using IWB's if possible.

I understand there may not be a perfect solution, but I thought that even if you were unable to make a suggestion, one of the many other fans of your tactics might have come across something that works?

Cheers

@Whufc10000

I suppose the question is why this happens. Has the AI adapted to the tactics? I do not believe the AI has that ability. Are the AI more defensive? Maybe. As reputation goes up do results go down? Reputation tests show this to be the case. RHG or good luck bad luck will also give poor runs of form

The main test is over 270 games  and 90 games for each team so over 2 seasons.

All players have a consistency attribute which may explain poor scoring, Not sure if you manage players praise form etc..

The top long test tactics may be worth trying but it may be just game mechanics.

2 hours ago, knap said:

@Whufc10000

I suppose the question is why this happens. Has the AI adapted to the tactics? I do not believe the AI has that ability. Are the AI more defensive? Maybe. As reputation goes up do results go down? Reputation tests show this to be the case. RHG or good luck bad luck will also give poor runs of form

The main test is over 270 games  and 90 games for each team so over 2 seasons.

All players have a consistency attribute which may explain poor scoring, Not sure if you manage players praise form etc..

The top long test tactics may be worth trying but it may be just game mechanics.

Its a strange one. For example, if I start with a top team(aiming to challenge for the title first season)) then I can pretty much dominate and win everything season after season, but if I play as a team not expected to put in a title challenge(all the way down to teams expected to be relegated) then the tactics work until I either win the league, finish second, or win a cup, that's when I start to have problems. 

Its almost like the "positive" tactic is not aggressive enough and the "attacking" tactic is slightly over aggressive, even though using them that way worked when I had much poorer players??? 

In my most recent save I finished 4th in my first season with West Ham. In the second season I finished 2nd. In season three despite having strengthened the weaknesses in my squad we struggled to finish 4th. I know that doesn't sound bad, but by this point the AI teams have already started to worsen, so its a bit of a mystery? :confused:

@Whufc10000

What you describe looks to be down to reputation.

A team like  Lpool start with a very high reputation A team like West Ham will gain higher reputation by winning Leagues or Cups.

With the HUB Tests Fulham can be top 6 using same tactic as MU or WH. It is as if you need to strengthen squad to be above your reputation to progress.