Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

1 hour ago, jimiscarr said:

Oh my god this formation is so much fun!!!! 
Aston Villa switched with 15 games to go finished 3rd. 2nd season fighting for the title and just beat Bayern 4-0 away in champs league!!!

you will score so many goals!! And I’m still playing mainly original Villa starting 11. 
thanks Knap legend as always 

How do you do it. I am struggling with Arsenal and this is my lineup:

image.png.14b1bda5699f0023566b9e32f0fb2579.png

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, knap said:

@stanleycjames

Unfortunately yes as a general statement. Remember the old days you could use an arrow or barrow to allow both types of players MR/ML AMR/L

I agree, I've really struggled to get IF and IW working in any of the tactics you've done and when they don't work the striker is starved. The annoying thing about this game is it's many ME problems which make realistic positions and tactics a waste of time.  This is proved by the strikerless tactics and extreme attacking tactics doing better overall.

3 minutes ago, knap said:

@jc1

Not a strikerless fan in this ME.

I have seen good results with the 4231 narrow, so other tactic formations can work.

Not a strikerless fan either but even in real life some teams do play with that system, Man City springs to minds, even Barca in their hayday. I think the fact that you mention 4231 narrow proves the point that IF and IW don't seem to work in this ME, which is a shame, I have noticed though that out and out wingers do work well. I've had best success with 4132/4312 tactics where 2 wingers are used and 2 solid midfielders.

2 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Not a strikerless fan either but even in real life some teams do play with that system, Man City springs to minds, even Barca in their hayday. I think the fact that you mention 4231 narrow proves the point that IF and IW don't seem to work in this ME, which is a shame, I have noticed though that out and out wingers do work well. I've had best success with 4132/4312 tactics where 2 wingers are used and 2 solid midfielders.

were your wingers on attack or support?

45 minutes ago, Ozzy2k9 said:

Line up looks great. Maybe too many new players, takes time to gel. Also I score a lot from corners so check you have them optimised 

2 minutes ago, jimiscarr said:

Line up looks great. Maybe too many new players, takes time to gel. Also I score a lot from corners so check you have them optimised 

How long do you think you would need to give a tactic for players/team to become familiar with it? The familiarity bar is nowhere near the end so i dont know whether you would need to giva tactic half a season or what.

so annoying as the players i have are really top class especially with their attributes.

3 minutes ago, knap said:

@jc1

Depends on how to interpret MC Strikerless, is it mor SPIRIT Typt tactic or using AMR/L

I think a week or so ago Man C had a front 3 of Foden, De Bruyne and Mahrez, all attacking mids, I've found the strikerless tactics represents Man C the closest but they only do this when they have injuries. Generally they have a front 3 like Liverpool with a left footer on the right and a righty on the left.

9 minutes ago, Ozzy2k9 said:

How long do you think you would need to give a tactic for players/team to become familiar with it? The familiarity bar is nowhere near the end so i dont know whether you would need to giva tactic half a season or what.

so annoying as the players i have are really top class especially with their attributes.

The tactic bar never goes to it's fullest, obviously buying players for the positions helps also. I find I play around 7-8 pre season games helps but they're not fully familiar until about 4-5 games into the season.

1 minute ago, jc1 said:

The tactic bar never goes to it's fullest, obviously buying players for the positions helps also. I find I play around 7-8 pre season games helps but they're not fully familiar until about 4-5 games into the season.

hmm I did give this tactic about 5 games but not with these players. Will give them another few games to see what happens. Brighton up next so will post up result here. Thanks everyone. So annoying at not being able to find any consistency

20 minutes ago, Ozzy2k9 said:

hmm I did give this tactic about 5 games but not with these players. Will give them another few games to see what happens. Brighton up next so will post up result here. Thanks everyone. So annoying at not being able to find any consistency

@jc1@jimiscarr

tactic seems to give opponents plenty of chances to win the game lol

image.png.1daa435cf482d0ccbc34c82d4c3346e1.png

May have to try the 21.7 bewulf 442

• knap changed the title to FM 21 - FM 20 Tactic List FM (Includes Man U 98/99 Recreation 442) 19 Recommended Tactic List
2 hours ago, Ozzy2k9 said:

Your players are not familiar with the tactic you need to give it time, you seem to have 3 tactics loaded. 

You basically have the best players in the game, should be able to use any tactic but Eder is not a DM. 

After a lot of frustration with echoes 4-2-3-1 (excellent at start but AI seem to adapt rather quickly), I switched to a combo of the updated echoes 4-1-2-1-2 for easier opponentsand venom & faith 4-1-3-2 (21.6 version, I just changed long throws) for tougher ones. Seems to work like a charm!

I'm using those with Wrexham at League 1 after 2 straight championships at Vanarama national and league 2, and leading the table by far. I do have the best players in the league, so you might consider my setup a top team tactic.

2 hours ago, LVercetti said:

Your players are not familiar with the tactic you need to give it time, you seem to have 3 tactics loaded. 

You basically have the best players in the game, should be able to use any tactic but Eder is not a DM. 

2 hours ago, LVercetti said:

Thanks mate. I've changed to only having the 1 tactic loaded which is the kashmir one. Eder is in DM because I moved him there by accident to check each role etc.

Here is the strongest lineup i think i can put out:

image.png.37f68ae64a47cf2103facbb5d07df5f7.png

Edited by Ozzy2k9

21 minutes ago, knap said:

Current list - shout if you want a tactic added

ARGUS 3412 WIP

WARRIOR 4141 WIP

RUN LIKE HELL 451 WIP

WARRIOR 4141 P103 EC FA - Havent test a 4141 tactic?

And maybe put result of DISREALI GEARS result in Excel? 

"217008 - ECHOES 332 LG P102 EC FA" - in you Excel, This doesnt exist. Redirected to blank page

42 minutes ago, knap said:

Current list - shout if you want a tactic added

ARGUS 3412 WIP

WARRIOR 4141 WIP

RUN LIKE HELL 451 WIP

Hello Knap !

if you could do another version of KASHMIR 2323, i would be very happy !

Keep up the good work, it is very appreciated !

Have fun !

@rafaelfm03

Like with the last update, tactics mysteriously drop pts without major ME changes.

The test league which is like playing 7 or 8 seasons exaggerates the effect.

Also there can still be rng, and the test league was changed for a few inconsistences and is probably a slighter harder test.

It is best to compare with other 21.7 tests.

DISCORD INVITE

https://discord.gg/KEGeG24F

Weighted attributes Pdf

Attribute_Weights.pdf.pdf35.17 kB · 59 downloads

Filters from The Prof

filters_110854 (1).zip182.39 kB · 25 downloads

TEST RESULTS

You can use results in a few ways.

Top covers say top 5 Clubs in Division Mid the next 7 and then under dog.

Just use totals as an all round tactic.

Use best top at home and best underdog away or difficult games.

You can mix and match with your preferred formations.

It is just a guide to help identify right tactic.

AWAY GAMES SUS

With regard to Away games it depends upon your own risk factor. I am gung ho and prefer to attack and perhaps win 1 game in 3. If isk adverse then use a defensive tactic and perhaps draw all 3 games.

As a defensive formation I would use 4141 as it has a DM and protects wings, and KINGSTONIAN 4141 would be my choice.

I use 3 DLs std higher much higher. If AI are going for balls over top then std but if AI attacking you can leave at higher ormuch higher. 

The LOE can be adjusted with or without DL adjustments. The simple answer is just drop LOE..

I use Cautious positive and attacking mentalities.

For a SUS these are ideas to use.

Use 4141 formation

Remove pass into space

Stop WB runs by go

ing to defend or no nonsense FB

Use Defend on DM or most defensive MC

Change mentality Positive/cautious

Add Time wasting

Change from counter press and counter and full SUS would be to regroup and hold shape

I tend to judge what to use by how the game is progressing as you may just to want to control game rather than a full SU

SHOUTS FROM CADON

Calm Down (win by 1 goal diff) -

Praise (win by 2 goal diff) -

Berate (loss by 2 goal diff) -

Demand More (loss by 1 goal diff or draw)

MARTINHO Guide to set up for Clubs especially Newcastle

ROBER GUIDE TO CLUB SET UP 

New_Game_2 (1).pdf 322.53 kB · 27 downloads

RDF TRAINING SCHEDULES

For_Knaps_Tactics_One_Match_RDF.fmf19.24 kB · 176 downloads

For_Knaps_Tactics_Two_Matches_RDF.fmf19.24 kB · 148 downloads