Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I plugged the attribute weights Knap provided into Genie Scout and the player ratings seem reasonable. Only thing I would say is that I suspect physical attributes are bit too highly rated. A ratio of roughly 3-1 between physicals and technicals for i.e. wingers seems a bit high to me. I have spent many years tinkering with attribute weights in FM (as well as in OOTP), and it's an impossible thing to get "perfect". The weights provided by Knap all seem to mostly make sense to me. I haven't tinkered with them at all except to increase the weights on my "club dna" attributes as mentioned below.

I am going the "club DNA" route for scouting; I look for bravery, determination, team work, work rate, acceleration, and stamina. I also require that they don't have a negative in big matches, or a really big negative in consistency or injury proneness, in the scouting report. After filtering on the club dna attributes (basically I require all of them to be >11 except bravery on attackers, which I require >8), I will load a shortlist up in Genie Scout and try to pick the best rated player I can afford. 

Do the roles reflect the starting formation?

So maybe the player started as a Mez, and it still shows that later in the game as the formation/position changes?

That data also comes from the Data Analysts. You can’t see roles at kick-off and usually takes 10-20 minutes to appear.

Maybe if the DA is crap then their information is crap!

3 Promotions in a row with FM21PaeisienneWalkwaysKnapPar1s4231P101CC
image.thumb.png.81f58383a5c39fcc74477e4488f48085.png

Had a stuttering end to the season due to my top scorer just flat out stopped scoring or even making dangerous runs. Pretty much shuts the tactic down when that happens.

Then on top of that 3 of my back four were out for my last two games and my backups are trash.

Definitely just need a solid back four and GK. Hardly kept a clean sheet all season and it shows in goals conceded.  

2 hours ago, knap said:

Brain teaser - what is wrong with screenshot

1230105137_Screenshot(3611).thumb.png.d70228223e98ac3a901f46fd3b50e380.png

I had same. After red card opposition all the time change formation. Almost every seconds. When they have ball different when you have ball different

Edited by The Reaper

@drhay53

The Prof modified one of their young strikers. 17 years old. 100 CA. Fixed him as Advanced Forward and went on holiday.

Basically the 'high' stats were 16 and the 'low' ones were 8. This comes out to around 100 CA.
1935899618_Screenshot(3612).thumb.png.3f14f5155915b4df5b8d2df896e7b9f6.png

[17:40]

@knap interesting, thanks for sharing. It's unclear exactly how to go from goals to a weight but I can certainly see why they would put a pretty heavy weight on the physicals. 

In general that lines up with many of our experiences of the importance of pace for getting behind the defense on balls over the top, or through balls from ~40 yards out. 

I wonder why si games does not fix the inverted wb "bug", it is impossible that for the second year in a row that role is absolutely over powered rather than wb, it's a shame for players (like me) that loved wb's to cross from the flanks and make a real difference like it was in FM16 and 17 for example.

Would it make a big difference to switch any of your tactics from iwb to wb? @knap

I am actually using 4312 dark side of the moon

1 minuto fa, drhay53 ha scritto:

@jjacopo the latest HGF 451 has wing backs on attack and they are frequently dribbling up to the byline for crosses and assists. There are plenty of knaps tactics that are working spectacularly without IWB's

thank you, but in general in the last 2 seasons every best tactic had iwb's and i am not a fan of it

1 minute ago, jjacopo said:

thank you, but in general in the last 2 seasons every best tactic had iwb's and i am not a fan of it

don't get hung up on "best", the best tactic is the one you like the most, that plays the way you like to play, and are able to tailor your team around. You can win quite easily with any of knap's tactics

2 minuti fa, drhay53 ha scritto:

don't get hung up on "best", the best tactic is the one you like the most, that plays the way you like to play, and are able to tailor your team around. You can win quite easily with any of knap's tactics

i mean the best tactics as in the ones that are always on top of the test tables

i like to play with 2 strikers and in the doc i only see 1 striker tactics that use wb, all 2 strikers tactics have iwb.s

5 minutes ago, jjacopo said:

i mean the best tactics as in the ones that are always on top of the test tables

i like to play with 2 strikers and in the doc i only see 1 striker tactics that use wb, all 2 strikers tactics have iwb.s

His warrior 442 uses WB and has a poacher too which is a nice change.

6 minutes ago, jjacopo said:

Ah I see, you're right a lot of the 2 striker ones do seem to use IWB. I have been mostly using 1 striker tactics which are usually not IWBs. 

4 hours ago, jjacopo said:

Well sometimes you cannot have everything. With two Strikers your midfield can be vulnerable without the support of IWBs, so a good two tops tactics usually use the inverted. There's no surprise that they are always on top of the test tables.

Anw, as mentioned in another posted, you do not always need the best tactics from the table to enjoy your game. Just pick one that fit your style and go on. 

Edited by longruoi1

54 minuti fa, longruoi1 ha scritto:

Well sometimes you cannot have everything. With two Strikers your midfield can be vulnerable without the support of IWBs, so a good two tops tactics usually use the inverted. There's no surprise that they are always on top of the test tables.

Anw, as mentioned in another posted, you do not always need the best tactics from the table to enjoy your game. Just pick one that fit your style and go on. 

We used to be able to have a good working tactic without using iwb’s, a role that came up in the last 2 years despite no team using them in real life football.

i might not need the best tactics (infact i’m staying away from the strikerless tactics, make no sense to me) but to have fun you do need to win games lol

hence you need a tactic that works well, and like i said i m using knap’s tactic and i have no problem with it, i was just wondering why recently the iwb’s became so effective when in the past no one even thought about using that role and going forward the game should become more realistic, instead it’s going backwards

Edited by jjacopo

1 hour ago, jjacopo said:

We used to be able to have a good working tactic without using iwb’s, a role that came up in the last 2 years despite no team using them in real life football.

Plenty of teams use inverted wingbacks. Pep has been doing it at City for the last 3 years.

18 hours ago, Jamieac said:

3 Promotions in a row with FM21PaeisienneWalkwaysKnapPar1s4231P101CC
image.thumb.png.81f58383a5c39fcc74477e4488f48085.png

Had a stuttering end to the season due to my top scorer just flat out stopped scoring or even making dangerous runs. Pretty much shuts the tactic down when that happens.

Then on top of that 3 of my back four were out for my last two games and my backups are trash.

Definitely just need a solid back four and GK. Hardly kept a clean sheet all season and it shows in goals conceded.  

Thats some achievement with Brechin mate, can you point me to the download link? I've checked the Google Doc of Knaps but can't find a Parisienne with that name?

Championship Test - FM21.4ARGUSknap343P101CC.fmf

Never used a 3 back formation on this game. Does not suit this team as well as other formations as Roberts seems to be the best performer normally. But still a great result. 

I think it would be really good for lower league teams with fast strikers. 

343 - 94 - League.PNG

343 - 94 - Table.PNG

10 ore fa, avonseller ha scritto:

Plenty of teams use inverted wingbacks. Pep has been doing it at City for the last 3 years.

not inverted wb's but we're off topic.

I'm still thinking whoever makes a tactic uses what will work better, without thinking about replicating a real life football team

Championship Test. 

FM21.4BEOWULFKnap442WAFP106ECFA.fmf

First tactic that hasn't got us promoted (lost in playoff finals 1-0 to Bournemouth), but I have had good success in personal saves with this formation. 

DOF seems to have sold both goalkeepers which might have had a effect. 

Have tests for pretty much all the popular shapes now. They can be found in Knaps tactic table under the Middlesbrough tab. 

Knap FM2021 - Google Sheets

442 - 92 - League.PNG

442 - 92 - Squad.PNG

20 hours ago, drhay53 said:

I plugged the attribute weights Knap provided into Genie Scout and the player ratings seem reasonable. Only thing I would say is that I suspect physical attributes are bit too highly rated. A ratio of roughly 3-1 between physicals and technicals for i.e. wingers seems a bit high to me. I have spent many years tinkering with attribute weights in FM (as well as in OOTP), and it's an impossible thing to get "perfect". The weights provided by Knap all seem to mostly make sense to me. I haven't tinkered with them at all except to increase the weights on my "club dna" attributes as mentioned below.

I am going the "club DNA" route for scouting; I look for bravery, determination, team work, work rate, acceleration, and stamina. I also require that they don't have a negative in big matches, or a really big negative in consistency or injury proneness, in the scouting report. After filtering on the club dna attributes (basically I require all of them to be >11 except bravery on attackers, which I require >8), I will load a shortlist up in Genie Scout and try to pick the best rated player I can afford. 

This sounds like a really cool idea! 

I think work rate and team work are really underrated as most of the tactics use high pressing. Also use "get stuck in" a lot which I think plays into bravery. 

Let me know your results