Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Knap - thank you for all this amazing work.

I'm about to start a new save with chelsea:

1- which tactic would you recommend that suits that team?

2- Which strikerless tactic would you say would be the best for Chelsea? I will still go with your recommendation on question 1 but want to know in case I want to mix it around..

@Tiago Guedes

Just use normal wingers or MCs that play wide. The only difference between  a DW and W is the mentality within the mentality structure, which will mean they start deeper and take less risks. Just look at positions not roles.. 

Hey Knap. 

I've been mostly using PreachinBlues as my preferred tactic and having decent enough success with it. However, I'm finding no matter who I play as the DLP in DM they're average rating is quite poor and visually I'm not seeing what they offer to the team. Have you or anyone else had better success having the DM play a different role or is there any player traits that I should train my DMs to learn?

Just another thing about set pieces. Are long throws specifically aimed at hoping the keeper comes and either misses the catch or spills it? I changed the throw in tactics to mixed as it became increasingly frustrating watching throw ins be wasted over and over. Same with corner tactics in having the DM come short but never engage in the actual corner. 

Last season I was all over the place trying to find a tactic that worked for me.

This season I stuck with FM21PARISIENNEWALKWAY Winger version the whole season. Predicted 7th

image.thumb.png.3268cd45760f080bf094facdf6fb4d4d.png

My young 17 Year old striker was also Top goalscorer with 40 League goals. 

Strikerless looks interesting right now, but playing in the lower leagues I think I will stick to a more traditional setup and see how far I can take it

Edited by Jamieac

5 hours ago, I.M.F.C said:

This tactic is amazing.
I'm destroying the Bundesliga with Leipzig.

@I.M.F.Ci found that the tactic is great going forward, nice attacking play, scores, but is really vulnerable to teams with quick players on the counter.  In the end it was just too leaky for me

53 minutes ago, knap said:

@Jdigits

Are the counters arising from corners? If so you may have to just change routine depending upon which player is allocated by AI to take corners.

Corners yes, but also in general when a  attack breaks down, i found that especially with top teams even when we out played them that they burned us on the counter.

Im now using your 4-1-3-2-0 Dark Side of the Moon and also the standard Dark Side of the Moon for when we are having trouble breaking down a team that sits deep - which is killing it for me.  Very nice work

@knap I know you advise against using opposition instructions, but if you are playing a underdog team and during the game your assistant tells you that somebody should be closed down more and the cross map actually shows that he has been a danger with his crosses... would you press "Do it" or are the negative effects of using OI's (not obeying the general tactic) greater than the positive ones?

@DavyDepuydt1

The tactics are tested without Ois so adding OIs is going into unknow territory.

IOn basis you agree with the reasons for OIs it may be worth a try. It may pull a player out of position but it may be possible to allocate a player for job.

Using an OI is therefore based on an individual match and just needs to be monitored

T

On 26/12/2020 at 10:40, knap said:

FM 21.4 ME

HOLY GHOST FIRE 4312 Narrow P106 ALL XUPS

FM21.4HOLYGHOSTFIREKnap4312NP106ALLCUPS.fmf 45.38 kB · 330 downloads

609803293_Screenshot(3387).thumb.png.bb9b0315e69b42ec3a365393948f9fb3.png784366723_Screenshot(3385).thumb.png.0a86d640a9df37bc4f9254eb2492389d.png1462442582_Screenshot(3386).thumb.png.927434bb3cb515d22c56134f32ee5c8c.png

Great Tactic!! 

Seems to work better than the previous narrow 442 I used with a DM. 

Middlesbrough Holiday Save. 

Two strikers and the attacking mid got the best ratings, most goals in the league.  

image.thumb.png.ce973978ba8dd62c44d7a977b7c57606.png

image.thumb.png.41d41607f8370fd62c642c1e3750d5e5.png

@knap I am sure you are tired of answering these types of questions as yo get them all the time. I have followed you thread for quite some time, and downloaded 40+ of your tactics for FM21. I have done extensive testing with most of your tactics post 21.4 but cannot find one that suites a side like Newcastle United. You produce an overwhelming amount of different tactics which you test exclusively with Liverpool, so naturally reproducing that success with a side like Newcastle United is quite ambitious. However if you were to pick two tactics (home and away) which one would you recommend for a side like Newcastle United?

@tomzo_2

I have been testing with Kingstonian and was about 17 th in VN. After the update Kingstonian are so far of the quality of other VN sides it is no point testing any further.

I would recommend trying venom 4132 to try if underdog.

104089397_Screenshot(3395).thumb.png.80ce99f35daa1613667673dc9d4c47aa.png

Hi Knap.  Firstly, let me pay my respects to the god.fmf.ather - thanks for the tactics pal, i've been silently appreciating them for years

Just thought I'd pipe up to say I've been having a lot of success with a tweak to your HOLY GHOST FIRE 4330 DW P107 EC FA tactic - dropping the DPL to HB and switching the IWBs to attacking CWBs 

I don't think it's more successful than the original, but i've won all cups with a very tight defence, and allows me to have my beloved CWBs

Far be it from me to impose on the god.fmf.ather, but thought maybe you'd like to give it a whirl

Thanks again, Don Knap

EDIT: forgot to add - I make both my BPDs sit wider

Edited by Quixote Don

1 hour ago, nartay12 said:

My dear Knap. I would like to ask you to update tactics FM21BEOWULFKnapCrusho4231PRMDP105ALLCUPS. Otherwise,Ihave a desire to play fm21. I beg you to help me please. I hope for your humanity. Greetings from Kazakhstani players ) Thanks!!!

Try these 2 tactics, they are as good as that one

FM21.4PaeisienneWalkwaysKnapPar1s4231P100.fmf FM21.4PARISIENNEWALKWAYSKnapPar1s4231IFP103ECCC.fmf