Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi knap, 

how much significance does 'pass in to space' and 'run at defence' have in your tactics - with barcelona, i want to increase my average possession to above 55% and  removing these two instructions while also changing the passing to 'much shorter' can help achieve that, but i don't want to hinder the overall tactic?

Thanks for all your hard work :)

55 minutes ago, knap said:

FM 21

PREACHIN BLUES 23221 (451) P101 CC

FM21PreachinBluesKnap23221(451)P101CC.fmf 45.57 kB · 26 downloads

Can drop WBs back

This looks good! Going to try this with Arsenal when I finish work today. After doing great in the Beta I'm struggling now.

I've never used the Mezzala role before, but my understanding is that even if say (for example) Partey only had 2 stars as a Mezzala he'd still be great at the role as long as he has the relevant stats. Is that right? I think I get too caught up on star ratings and "natural positions" and Assistant Managers opinions

20 minutes ago, Mobius said:

This looks good! Going to try this with Arsenal when I finish work today. After doing great in the Beta I'm struggling now.

I've never used the Mezzala role before, but my understanding is that even if say (for example) Partey only had 2 stars as a Mezzala he'd still be great at the role as long as he has the relevant stats. Is that right? I think I get too caught up on star ratings and "natural positions" and Assistant Managers opinions

This is my understanding too -- I remember a Zealand video saying this and it's one of the reasons why they got rid of the colored-in circles for roles from last year's game, since it added even more confusion into the mix. I think the stars are more or less your staff's opinion of how someone should perform in a role, but if the player has the stats for the role, they'll perform and gain familiarity (I remember someone on the reddit tried out Neymar as an attacking Segundo Volante and he put up monster stats)

Hi Knap,

For fm20, I used the Kashmir 433 MU P111 in a very strong team, and won easily against all weaker opposition, but with similar teams, sometimes easy victory, sometimes big defeat. Any similar tactic for the away/difficult games? can that be used as a SUS?

I also get a lot of yellow and red cards.... 

can you please help me? 

many tks

Edited by Tiago Guedes

1 hour ago, Vlastar said:

Hi Knap,

I'm currently using your BEOWULFKnap4231PRMD with my Burton Albion save and is making miracles for me.

Regards.

Using the same tactic with Saint Ettienne. I shall end Paris SG's dominance over French football!!!

@Tiago Guedes

There are SUS Tactics on Google docs - search for tactics with O Pts. Last YT Vid I changed to SUS at end of game. Also mentality matters covers control and sus tactics.

You can check ref discipline before game. If likely to hand out cards take get stuck in off if cards become a problem. Also you can remove hard tackle from players getting cards. Also in last YT Vid having a red card is not always a problem.

Thank you very much Knap. Just one final doubt. Would you say that it’s is better to change the mentality, or adopt a secondary tactic for difficult games with attacking or positive mentality by default, instead of very attacking Ex: kashmir 2233 flat 433. I am always scared of changing the mentality and killing the dynamic of a tactic.

@Tiago Guedes

t depends on what type of Manager you are in respect of risk. I am gung ho and try to get another goal. If you are risk adverse then then employ a more defensive tactic or change mentality to fond your level of risk. Yu can be caught by a late goal either way.

In match you can change  the tactic without much of a problem. Example with 433 drag your 2 outside fwds to play MR ML to a 451 and then add more defensive mentality. 

Hi,

What would you recommend for a decent ball playing side that have just been promoted to the PL, considering we have some high stat attacking players but not as good on the defensive side?

Ideally I'd like some solid defensive structure to build upon rather than going gun-ho!

Cheers

I need some good 352 tactics for FM21, my least used tactic of all FMs. I'm doing this randomised challenge 

Screenshot_20201124-201003_Facebook.jpg?

On my numbers: Got title challenge, Turkish league, and worst of all, 352 :D So need minor assistance with that. Initial search dont show much 3-5-2s, seems 3-4-3s are more popular 3 backline tactic. 

27 minutes ago, nffc1991 said:

Hi,

What would you recommend for a decent ball playing side that have just been promoted to the PL, considering we have some high stat attacking players but not as good on the defensive side?

Ideally I'd like some solid defensive structure to build upon rather than going gun-ho!

Cheers

This is what I would like too....

27 minutes ago, knap said:

@Ahabos

ARGUS 352?

Thats the one I just uploaded after my long search of 352s giving out so little other options. It works well in fm21 as it did in fm20? If so happy hunting. Lets see if Fenerbache can do something lol. 

Hi Knap

In your Argus352, the mezzala in MCR and STCR have additional instructions whereas the symmetrical positions do not. Was this made to suit the type of players you had in the test, or are they essential to the functioning of the tactic? (In which case could I mirror them to the other side, if my players on that side of the pitch are more compatible with those extra instructions?)

Also, even if it won't over-perform like the ones you put up here, do you ever try tactics without 'pass into space' and extreme pressing?

Thanks

45 minutes ago, knap said:

@Ahabos

Shame you are not looking for a 442 as Beowulf won the league 10 out of 10 with Fenerbache

Its out of my hand, because of the challenges makeup in the previous pick, because my last digit in my phone number is 6, I have to play 352 :D

442 would probably suit this Fener indeed, have too many wingers.