Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is BEOWULF 442 only reliable with top teams ?

Tried it with Reims (underdog) and it seems really random. Winning 3-0 against Lille then losing 6-1 againt Basel before re-winning 6-0 away against St etienne then losing again 3-0...

Overall I've found tactics oriented around 4-2-3-1 more performant than 442ish tactics. 

1 hour ago, r00t said:

Tried it with Reims (underdog) and it seems really random. Winning 3-0 against Lille then losing 6-1 againt Basel before re-winning 6-0 away against St etienne then losing again 3-0...

Overall I've found tactics oriented around 4-2-3-1 more performant than 442ish tactics. 

442 is not working well for me with Man Utd, but it's early days so it might improve. Currently testing tactics with 3 central defenders as this seem more promising than 442 at the moment.

1 hour ago, r00t said:

Beowulf is usually a pretty steady tactic suitable for underdogs, but I agree, I haven't been seeing as much success so far in the Beta or the full game last night using either Beowulf or another 442, so might try out some different formations.

Edited by daniel.camponovo

48 minutes ago, Cwieku said:

holiday test with FM21BEOWULF442WAFKnapP104ECFA 
Premier League - West Brom
Championship - Barnsley
League One - Northampton Town
League Two - Leyton Orient
VNL - Weymouth

153232758_PremierLeague_Profile-8.thumb.png.35f12a4034a487be745cf580b42eed0d.png

235825785_SkyBetChampionship_Profile.thumb.png.3456e95b0d52652b62b83de4b7cd76a1.png

534315787_SkyBetLeagueOne_Profile.thumb.png.8485d132a14293fd4a241c26dd490e0f.png

454234865_SkyBetLeagueTwo_Profile.thumb.png.23fea265dab188595cc55cf2139f76c9.png

859802878_VanaramaNationalLeague_Profile.thumb.png.29599f161f69ea760b2a39ba125447d8.png

West brom has top scorers so defence must be horrible

Hi, knap! To start with, thank you very much for your tactics! I wish I'd known how you selected the players on your team? Do you make your team a few days before the game or do you select your players on D-Day? You base yourself on what elements to choose? Thank you very much for your answer

Anybody else noticed a change from the beta to the actual game? I am using FM20.4.1MADASAHATTERKnapP102EC, in my other save it won me champions league 3 out of 4 seasons, scoring a lot of goals (3 strikers with over 30 goals a season). It started great in the new save too (started with beta), when I upgraded to the actual game I have gotten worse results. You can see in the screen shot I downloaded the full game after the 10-2 win in the supercup vs Napoli. Maybe it was just a bad period of form, I can't tell yet 

Immagine 2020-11-24 175910.png

35 minutes ago, jjacopo said:

Anybody else noticed a change from the beta to the actual game? I am using FM20.4.1MADASAHATTERKnapP102EC, in my other save it won me champions league 3 out of 4 seasons, scoring a lot of goals (3 strikers with over 30 goals a season). It started great in the new save too (started with beta), when I upgraded to the actual game I have gotten worse results. You can see in the screen shot I downloaded the full game after the 10-2 win in the supercup vs Napoli. Maybe it was just a bad period of form, I can't tell yet 

Immagine 2020-11-24 175910.png

It may be bad form but also match engine changed, so that may be the reason as well

2 minutes ago, jjacopo said:

switched mentality to cautious from offensive, they scored 3 goals from outside the box in the first 30 min..

I always find that I lose close high scoring games in the away tie of champions league games but win the reverse 6-0, maybe just keep to your tactics and don't change the mentality? Either that or drop back two of your mids to DMs and play hoof ball

6 minuti fa, chrisgrogan ha scritto:

I always find that I lose close high scoring games in the away tie of champions league games but win the reverse 6-0, maybe just keep to your tactics and don't change the mentality? Either that or drop back two of your mids to DMs and play hoof ball

same, and it has been like that for the last 4-5 years (i have been playing FM since the 99-00 season)

I have tried everything (obviously, mostly last years since the 21 just came out), but I just find myself losing when after 10 minutes you can say "ok, I'm gonna lose this game"