Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There re no disclosed ME changes and in Beta thread SI said there would be no further changes.

However, they could change how AI managers use tactics which would not be a ME change.

On 25/05/2019 at 01:27, Jamieac said:

Sadly wasn't to be this season

image.thumb.png.1f5735f101e8ace86ee7287dd80eac7c.png

Got ridiculously unlucky. Arsenal to win their first title since the invincibles and the most clean sheets :rolleyes: top trolling lol  

Got hit with huge injuries to star players. Both my top striker and defender plus a few others in the middle of this fixture pile up at the end of the season 

image.thumb.png.956329beea2547939c5f90a26763ac1b.png

On 25/05/2019 at 01:27, Jamieac said:

Disappointed my team bottled it but i'm sure we will crack it next year. 

And so it came to pass and then some :cool:

image.thumb.png.405356bbeb48a3d6425cfd011fc78449.png

The site is truncating tactic names, but all 19.3 tactics should still be in OP, and still work.

The P109.ALL CUPS did well with Spurs and is the same tactic as P112 apart from a few set pieces, so probably tested over 150 games. 

In previous years tactics made on earlies patches were top overall so sometimes the older tactics are the best.

Is there a good SUS tactic that I can switch to from 442 ECCC with about 10 minutes left? Spurs just tied me with last kick of game even tho I ratcheted down to defensive and time wasted. Second time that has happened! :D

Knap, I really appreciate your work. You've done a great job. All FMs i played with yout tactics.

But now I have a problem. I haven't found a tactic, that will work with underdog team. Now I'm playing for FC Tyumen from Russian Second League, and at first I had result. But then, when I moved to the next division, I just lose to everyone.

May be you can give me an advice - which tactic will work with very underdog team? 

Thank you!

It will depend on the strength of squad.

A way of checking is with Genie Scout and % rating of Club.

The P103ECCC 442 was the best underdog tactic in 19.3.4  A way to make it more defensive is to drop mentality say positive Home cautious away.

Edited by knap

Beowulf 19.3.4 442 103 ECCC

2 seasons in a row unbeaten in the league although arguably not as a successful season as last year....

Interestingly I play FM Touch on the iPad which hasn’t updated to 19.3.5 yet Touch on the PC has. 

Will try a new save with the updated version. 

4FB2EFCD-D5C5-41D4-8CC1-C5D79CA58E3B.png

49D6E9B0-7249-4EF7-8A4D-2DB51BCF7EEA.png

Although no disclosed ME changes I am getting better results in 19.3.5 with a tweak. As I set up tactics with a normal save it is difficult to say the ME has changed, it does appear that the tweaked tactics work better than the original.

I've updated the top team tactic P112 Old P110 new and the underdog tactic P103 Old P106 New, so there is a choice. However from what I've seen both new tactics will do well with both top and underdog.

Don't use them as I have attribute masking on.  If you ant to use Player Filters you may as well use Genie Scout as it has much better filters, in fact they should be part of game as a much better idea.

P110 is based on P112 rather than the P109. Not checked this but sometimes a higher tempo works better for underdogs than slower tempo.

Is anyone else having issues with the "corner exploit" on 442 ECCC? I am playing Fulham. The amount of times that the corner eventually winds up at the feet of an opposition striker that is rushing down the field alone on goal is insane. I even removed all of my takers in hope that this might fix it by defaulting to the the positions prescribed by the tactic. No dice. Is there a fix?

Also, I keep losing half time leads and I have no idea why. Team is happy. They come out up 1 or 2 goals and totally crash and fall apart. Should I be lowering the mentality right at the start of the half? Team talk change? No idea at this point, but I am shipping points in the process.

Having said that, tactic scores some beautiful goals and it great to watch. Just trying to make it work. 

Just beat Man City 3-0 at home. Team talk: no pressure. Started Defensively and was up 2-0 at half. Team talk: pleased. Very Defensively to start second. Scored, again. Pushed time wasting all the way up and held on for clean sheet.

Edited by Rio_V

The corner set up has a player set to stay back. The game allocates corner takers not specified and this often means no player stays back. It is an obvious SI bug a they are not following instructions. Depending upon team, if it causes a problem try to allocate a player to stay back that is not a corner taker. However, marked or not the AI still score (run half the pitch and score realistic no0.

I would try letting AM take team talks and press to see if this helps with 2nd half drop in performance

1 hour ago, knap said:

The corner set up has a player set to stay back. The game allocates corner takers not specified and this often means no player stays back. It is an obvious SI bug a they are not following instructions. Depending upon team, if it causes a problem try to allocate a player to stay back that is not a corner taker. However, marked or not the AI still score (run half the pitch and score realistic no0.

I would try letting AM take team talks and press to see if this helps with 2nd half drop in performance

Thank you. I think I worked out the talks. I think. Just making sure I say pleased when we have a lead. Then, I am dropping mentality around minute 70 and then again in the 80s to very defensive and I have won 3 straight. 

Corner bug hasn't happened since that last one, but it has happened about 4 times. Funny thing is that they don't always score the break away.

The other corner problem is when the come short player is also the best corner taker, as there will not be a short corner but no risk of a free run on goal.

If the MCR has a good corner attribute then there will be no one coming short.

It is a problem because with each 1st team the ME will allocate different players, rather than following instructions. Set Pieces are just a mess.

I tend to not change the set up and take the risk, but you could try allocating a non involved MC player to also stay back.

Makes sense. Also seems like your near side WB gets the ball a lot and shoots. So isnt it good for him to have some finishing skills?  I would put another player in that slot but concerned I will make a hash of it. 

WBs are huge in this tactic it seems. Goods ones can destroy the opposition. 

WBs and Strikers are the key players but if you get a player like Pogba they can score a goal a game.

Changing players around can be very unpredictable. Also at end of game AI can leave 3 forward, so perhaps change the set piece at end of game with more staying back.