Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, jez313 said:

Hi Knap - I'm using the first 442 listed on main page.  Is there any special instruction as to who takes corners? A lot of the time I have a corner, the opposition defence clears, and I have no defenders back at all. Hence the opposition has a free run on goal. 

do not choose anybody as a corner taker. Thus, you will be able to score goals from the corner as you will not caught by counter attacks

when you choose nobody as taker one of your winger will take the corner and pass it to your right or left central midfielder and this guy will give pass to your fullback. Most of times he run with ball, shoot  and score goals. Sometimes fullbacks cross the balls and probably one of your player hit the ball again 

Edited by deggiall
Extra explanation

At the end of the day it is a team game, and the result is key.

I am aware that strikers scoring is a high priority for some, so will try to bias a tactic for this aspect, but it still needs to get the results.

8 minutes ago, knap said:

At the end of the day it is a team game, and the result is key.

I am aware that strikers scoring is a high priority for some, so will try to bias a tactic for this aspect, but it still needs to get the results.

look for a way to make the attackers score a lot

9 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

There’s a training schedule doing the rounds at the mo would you recommend trying it or stick to assistant doing if it’s the assistant what attributes should I look for in one 

After playing with training since day one (FM19), I have found it useless.
So I leave it to my AM.

8 hours ago, knap said:

I have no plans atm to make another 442.

Am getting bit lost with the different variations of 442. Is one proving more effective/consistant or does it depend on the players you have? 

5 minutes ago, knap said:

I assume you are just looking at 19.3.4 tactics

The WINGER POACHER version is also All cups, and these tactics tend to be more reliable.

Yeah trying to keep to the most recent even though i started my save a few weeks ago. Will try the winger poacher version. Is the new 4141 still proving strong? I have players that can do both.

The major change for 19.3.4 tactics is the set pieces have been revamped, so 4141 should still play the same.

If you are still getting good results with an older version,I would only change unless results take a downward turn.

It would be interesting to compare results of a tactic that fits roles better than one that does not, but even a season test is not long enough to draw conclusions.

Edited by knap

1 hour ago, Scruffer23 said:

My away form is awful with my Southampton team I’ve got a decent team any thoughts ??

i am with cardiff . i use 4141 cautious or even defensive. can get some 1points  and sometimes 3 points again top 6 teams, very mush rely on set pieces.