Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Knap, just to clarify things. I´m using your  BEOWULF 442 (P107) P105 EC FA (ID 1371) with my Lisburn team because our media prediction is 3rd (i guess we´re subtop, I see ourselves still a bit weaker than other clubs). Is there any 442 that´s more suitable for a subtop team than this one? I need a 442 because i´ve build my team to play like that. Thanks in advance!

• M 20.4 and 20.3 me 2040  Tactics  (includes FM 20.2 Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

FOR SUS AT END OF GAME TRY - REGROUP AND HOLD SHAPE

ROBER GUIDE TO CLUB SET UP 

1826670185_NewGame.pdf 338.59 kB · 259 downloads

RDF TRAINING

Summary by Rober

1. Get a lot of great fitness coaches, I have six. Three on each category. Put yourself and ass man at normal training categories, add 2 gk coaches for gk. If still room, find some normal coaches with model citizen personality.

2. Instead of training in position, add double intensity on individual training. Then select area which is lacking, f ex final third, that trains decisions and composure like shown here. These will increase very much. I think Almada started with 10 and 13, so +2 and still only 7months of season played.

3. This can be automated under rest in training tab. Select automation on all in individual, then they change according to his fitness levels to protect from training to hard when low fitness after matches, and get injuries.

4. If coaches have Model citizen personalities, you will also have increase in determination for many players. But not always so easy to find.

5. With this we recommend letting ass. man. handling normal training, and not combining this with other schedules, as we have hired may fitness coaches and have just you and ass man on normal categories.

MAIN RDF DEVELOPMENT THREAD

DOUBLEINTENSITY.thumb.png.a06a8414ed481c29a057d493de07a666.png

RDF TWEAKS

CROSSING CONSIDERATIONS

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

FRENCH UNDERDOG TESTS

RECOMMENDED TRAINING SCHEDULES

C

SHOuTS

Demand More when we are winning by 1 goal.

Show Some Passion when we are back at score.

Praise when winning 2 or more goals.

--

FA Trophy and if we make League 2 promotion, who knows.

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals

What's the best underdog tactic? I am managing FC Andorra who I somehow managed to get promoted to the Spanish First Division using Fire And Water. However, now I am getting spanked in every match (have tried FIRE and WATER, PILGRIMAGE 2341 P104 ALL CUPS, BEOWULF 442 TM P P102 ALL CUPS). WHat's more, I am conceding penalties and red cards in almost every match.  Admittedly the team is horrid, but hoping there is some miracle tactic here which can stop me from getting relegated

1 minute ago, psychedelicbeast said:

Thanks Knap. The Sicilian doesn't seem to be accessible in the google sheets. Can you let me know where I can get it from?

image.thumb.png.f5ffeea73c3a0c8fd4cae66ede9e34eb.png

Actually I found it. But would be a good idea to update the google sheets so that the link works for this one.

Here's hoping this tactic works!

Think I may have cracked it but unfortunately not with one of your tactics Knap it is a 424 formation so may have to look at your options there! 

Just won 11-1 at home could have been 15 

Just having a look through your sheet not many 424 I have noticed that it creates way more good chances for my top team than any other form 

Edited by jonnysnipe

4 hours ago, jonnysnipe said:

Think I may have cracked it but unfortunately not with one of your tactics Knap it is a 424 formation so may have to look at your options there! 

Just won 11-1 at home could have been 15 

Just having a look through your sheet not many 424 I have noticed that it creates way more good chances for my top team than any other form 

Sounds promising!

How does it perform away from home against the big teams?

11 hours ago, knap said:

SHOuTS

Demand More when we are winning by 1 goal.

Show Some Passion when we are back at score.

Praise when winning 2 or more goals.

Hi Knap,

I don’t understand what you mean with “back at score”. Is it if you are loosing 0-1 and just have tied the game? 

What about when it’s a draw, 0-0? What shout do you use? How often do you use shouts? Is it whenever possible?

Anyone using Fire and Water 4321

im testing using OIs/specific marking PIs. this is looking great people.

but this is a VERY complicated method. it requires scouting and your knowledge. it can go completely wrong. so if i make a guide, it'll take some time to release. Also this has only been tested with the 4321 formation. its easy this way to sacrifice a AM to man mark opponent. 

20200424093228_1.thumb.jpg.ead68512b762781491026836764169d5.jpg20200424093240_1.thumb.jpg.2a625059f333caa853b7385d80b4eae7.jpg20200424093236_1.thumb.jpg.109ed4780dae0094da1b96e2bdc7ff68.jpg20200424090539_1.thumb.jpg.6953a5a77297355a312271aed25950d8.jpg20200424091353_1.thumb.jpg.c9ee56a1e16586293909e7dbfc3c16bf.jpg20200424092948_1.thumb.jpg.31b891bf0018d0f9be8e65ab761d8857.jpg20200424092810_1.thumb.jpg.d913234596594a87d564873c92d80c66.jpg

1 hour ago, Broeckie84 said:

Wow sounds promising  . Wich tactic is this ? You got a link ?

1 hour ago, jonnysnipe said:

I think its just for elite teams.

My stats since changing to it in the league though:

Games: 14

Conceded: 5

Scored: 75

Wow which tactic is this?

25 minutes ago, knap said:

@jonnysnipe

This was Rober with MU 2nd season with Elite tactic, so something to aim at.

ELITE.thumb.png.c2e5b6babd6f8519b695cd3a3cca2dc7.png

I still wonder on this one - only Rober seems to get this level of results - I understand his team is good but still.

with the change of tactic I got:

Played: 23 

Scored: 105

Feel 424 has the best set up to create chances 

Football Manager 2020 24_04_2020 12_24_08.png

7 minutes ago, jonnysnipe said:

I still wonder on this one - only Rober seems to get this level of results - I understand his team is good but still.

ant chance of submitting this formation so I can test with PNE?

10 minutes ago, jonnysnipe said:

which 4-2-4 are you using? loved FM19's Beowulf 4-2-4 but cant seem to replicate the success i had last year with anything similar

7 minutes ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

which 4-2-4 are you using? loved FM19's Beowulf 4-2-4 but cant seem to replicate the success i had last year with anything similar

Not one of knaps but I was hoping knap could look at another 424 because I think for elite it could do very well 

17 minutes ago, jonnysnipe said:

Not one of knaps but I was hoping knap could look at another 424 because I think for elite it could do very well 

why would you need knap to make one if you have already cracked it ?

16 minutes ago, knap said:

@jonnysnipe

424 New - still think 4312 will give highest scoring.

!!!!!!!FM20.4.1BE1WULF424KnapP101ECFA.fmf 44.9 kB · 1 download

1110214601_Screenshot(1069).thumb.png.4e95166b348683b4853bf36bef1f33aa.png

cant wait to try this out been after a 4-2-4 using IF in ages, was using the 4-2-4 IF from 20.2 but was so leaky defensively, this looks much better already :thup:

thanks again Knap great work as always

1 hour ago, jonnysnipe said:

Actually I think someone had even better results, 176 goals scored.

As for this it was a test, it's not me playing the game. This was about scoring as many as possible, and all credit is to knaps tactic.
The result don't matter for me, it's about finding things in the ME that can be used further.
I have plenty of bad tests also, but I don't post those, who want's a tactic that doesn't work? :D 
I also use two teams that I rotate, as I like to think this keeps the opponent unprepared for what to face.
Setting up a save takes me many hours before I press continue the first time, so it takes a lot of time. It's not plug and play, even for testing.

This worked insanely well, and two days later it did not anymore. Still is a great tactic for elite teams though, but you can struggle away, or against top teams because of the space behind the wing backs. I think Liverpool beat me 6-0 in another game, and even the run above had three more loses in Europe.

Edited by Rober82

Just now, Rober82 said:

Actually i think someone had even better results, 176 goals scored.

As for this it was a test, it's not me playing the game. This was about scoring as many as possible, and all credit is to knaps tactic.
The result don't matter for me, it's about finding things in the ME that can be used further.
I have plenty of bad tests also, but I don't post those, who want's a tactic that doesn't work? :D 
I also use two teams that I rotate, as I like to think this keeps the opponent unprepared for what to face.
Setting up a save takes me many hours before I press continue the first time, so it takes a lot of time. It's not plug and play, even for testing.

This worked insanely well, and two days later it did not anymore. Still is a great tactic for tops teams though, but you can struggle away, or against top teams because of the space behind the wing backs. I think Liverpool beat me 6-0 in another game, and even the run above had three more loses in Europe.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Rober.

Rotation - if you can rotate a team (with equally as good players) you get the results. 

1 minute ago, jonnysnipe said:

Rotation - if you can rotate a team (with equally as good players) you get the results. 

Yeah, swapping Rashford Lautaro and Greenwood with Haaland Werner and Dybala helps :D

But also swap the positions if they are the same. Rash started on the right and Lautaro on the left striker, swap them next game.
The AI looks at what you did last game and prepares for it. If it wasnt for tactical familarity, we could probably swap between two tactics every other game..

But make small changes from game to game. @knaps advice. Whipped crosses, low crosses. And so on.

7 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Yeah, swapping Rashford Lautaro and Greenwood with Haaland Werner and Dybala helps :D

But also swap the positions if they are the same. Rash started on the right and Lautaro on the left striker, swap them next game.
The AI looks at what you did last game and prepares for it. If it wasnt for tactical familarity, we could probably swap between two tactics every other game..

But make small changes from game to game. @knaps advice. Whipped crosses, low crosses. And so on.

Hmmmm good point may look at switching wingers round as well to keep them on their toes.

Lets see what next season brings.

By the way Almada had a decent season from AMR

Football Manager 2020 24_04_2020 12_38_15.png

Edited by jonnysnipe

21 hours ago, knap said:

@markv1@knap

Points with top team. If you are a top club like lpool in your league, you should be able to use any of the tactics.If you are a bit below then sub top. You can use sub top column just to restrict choice.

Sorry can i just add, would you class AC Milan as a sub top team on this? Struggling to find a tactic to suit them