Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Wiwyum said:

I was using a tactic for 2 seasons as St. Pauli. 

Came first in Bundesliga 2, and with a relatively weak team I came 3rd in Bundesliga 1 in my first season.

Incredible.

I then spent money on improving my team (immensely). Found perfect players for each role, green across the board. 

With the improvements I made to the team, it's impossible to think that the team could go backwards.

Alas, I currently sit 15th after 13 games. For the life of me I can't establish how a tactic that was so dominant could be compromised so massively by significantly improved players. 

Can anyone advise on tweaks that you introduce in order to keep a tactic functioning? I assume the AI has adapted somehow, but how can I combat this. The tactic is attacking ... should I just move to balanced? 

Immensely = many changes, yes?
This is the problem. After you had quite a settled side for two seasons, making drastic changes means the new guys aren't used to the tactics or their teammates yet.
13 games is only a few months so give it a bit more time and things will improve.
Also, playing all those extra games in Europe can be disruptive.
Just have a little patience and have faith in the tactic that has done you so well up until now.

@Akustik

Salah is left footed and Mane right.

As far as I am concerned, there are no hard and fat rules and best to experiment with your squad. Also try changing the players over during a match. There is a screenshot of EC Final I played and Henderson was MR, and we won 6-0 against RM. 

Using !!!!!!FM20.4.0KnapKashmir433MUP111 with my Palermo save road to Champions League winner :)

Alright Palermo is very OP for Italian Serie D (The team could easily be mid table in Serie B) but still, what a fu**ing season I had!

For those asking how to choose Elite Top Mid teams, I guess the media prediction is a good indicator, so if you are playing for example in the Croatian first division, Dinamo is perfect for this tactic and so on.

Thanks knap, this tactic is so much fun to watch !

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 11.15.21.png

25 minutes ago, knap said:

@Akustik

Salah is left footed and Mane right.

As far as I am concerned, there are no hard and fat rules and best to experiment with your squad. Also try changing the players over during a match. There is a screenshot of EC Final I played and Henderson was MR, and we won 6-0 against RM. 

Hi Knap 

I'm managing Stockport in 26/27 season so definitely not elite. Finished 4th in my first premier league season and therefore qualified for the champions league. I'm now 8th in premier league but wondered if Kashmir may be suitable for me? Are there any tweaks you could suggest as in reality I'm a good premier league outfit and nothing more. Presently using Parisienne walkways 4231.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by madhatter75

@knap hey knap i need a tactic for league two in which the strikers score alot and which would work very good at the top division of england too much appreciated also preferably a 442 

Edited by Nomer

5 hours ago, mihai0246 said:

What is the best all round tactic that you can use for both an underdog and elite team ?

You need to choose a tactic and stick with it. It takes time for your players to get used to tactics.  Any of knaps will do but there is one that's stands out against the big teams and it's the Newcastle big away tactic !! Especially when you away to shut out big teams or keeping a lead . 

1 hour ago, knap said:

@madhatter75

Should be using my Mad as a Hatter tactic!

Cardiff are in similar position so Kashmir is worth a try at Home. There is always TEQUILA BIG AWAY for difficult games.. 

Ha ha! Maybe I should!!

I may try that combination and see how it goes. 

Thank you!

Been using the Tea for one below with my West ham Squad. New save started a a few days ago. No signings for the first team just a couple of youngsters. So far Im amazed at the consistency of this tactic. 

FM 20.4.0

TEA FOR ONE  VOL 4 4411 P103 ALL CUPS

image.thumb.png.d7ed18646f5d7d042dde885f3b12b15b.png

Thanks Knap. 

@marksmithlfc1234

Nothing wrong with your save or FMT.

Many years ago in FM 08,I was using my 1st Oxford tactic and for some unknown reason I lost 3 games on the spin. At times it is just not your day and you lose or lose a few in a row.

It is very annoying to lose 3 in a row at start of season as always playing catch up, but they can happen at any time.

13 ore fa, lol33 ha scritto:

Tactic: TEA FOR ONE 4321 OXFORD P105 ALL CUPS

I love this tactic, I know that in the league I have a better squad than the others but I want to see in the champions league  how far I can go being one of the underdoogs teams with a good squad, for now without any problem.

ajax.thumb.JPG.2939fcd5292c7e0ba94d1badb5d2708a.JPG

@lol33Let me say that also your path in Champions League is very good, Barcelona and Lyon are very good teams.

Do you use instant results or play the  games?

2 hours ago, marksmithlfc1234 said:

You need to choose a tactic and stick with it. It takes time for your players to get used to tactics.  Any of knaps will do but there is one that's stands out against the big teams and it's the Newcastle big away tactic !! Especially when you away to shut out big teams or keeping a lead . 

Hi,

I didn't find any tactic named like that in the topic. Would you mind telling me where it is ? Thanks :)

19 minutes ago, Haze.Yamato said:

hi @knap ,

How do you actually plan your training? even we have passion4fm training it's a lot for us to plan.

You meant earlier you used 2 match from FM korea and Chance Creation & Score More Goals when there is only 1 match?

What about non-match day and pre-season?

i plan my training. i posted my schedule on here.

what tactic you using? and what team are you? maybe i can help a little more

On 24/03/2020 at 14:04, RossGib900 said:

Currently season 4 with Newcastle and do have a really good team but here's how Oxford 4321 is going.

Not conceded in 14 games in all competitions.

20200324_140155.jpg

20200324_140212.jpg

Update- won the league with just one loss away to city.

Also won UCL, beating PSG 3-2 in the final.

5 minutes ago, ajacques said:

Hi,

I didn't find any tactic named like that in the topic. Would you mind telling me where it is ? Thanks :)

look in knaps tactic folder !!!! It's innthere just look for Newcastle big away and use any parisiennewalkeays with it.  Search for it on the pages!!!

31 minutes ago, Haze.Yamato said:

hi @knap ,

How do you actually plan your training? even we have passion4fm training it's a lot for us to plan.

You meant earlier you used 2 match from FM korea and Chance Creation & Score More Goals when there is only 1 match?

What about non-match day and pre-season?

Hello,

If you see on FM Korea Training, have all scenarios. 2 Matches per Week, One Match per Week, No Match per Week, Pre-Season etc.

Personally, I am using 2 Matches per Week from FM Korea & Change Creation & Score More Goals from Passion4FM for One Match per Week.

It's combination between FM Korea & Passion4FM.

Maybe, I will set up my training schedule.

Knap tactics based on Gegenpress, so I will found out what's best for them.

12 minutes ago, marksmithlfc1234 said:

look in knaps tactic folder !!!! It's innthere just look for Newcastle big away and use any parisiennewalkeays with it.  Search for it on the pages!!!

Sorry to insist, I'm afraid we are not talking about the same thing. I looked on the knap google file available on the first message of this topic, and can't find any tactic named Newcastle. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but can't find any "knap tactic folder" either.

Am I French ? Well maybe.

6 minutes ago, ajacques said:

Sorry to insist, I'm afraid we are not talking about the same thing. I looked on the knap google file available on the first message of this topic, and can't find any tactic named Newcastle. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but can't find any "knap tactic folder" either.

1452313120_!!!!FM20.4.0TequilasunriseKnaplassRDFP93ALLCUPSCASTLEBIGAWAY.fmf

If you go to #1 post on this thread, you will see a G Drive Folder from Knap.

Sometimes it's called OP (Opening Post).

Edited by Guest

Thank you all I was looking in the right file, but I was searching the keyword "NEW" for NEWCASTLE, and I found out the name of the tactic contained only CASTLE.

So I don't know whose to blame, but thank you for helping me ! Have a great day and stay safe.

3 minutes ago, ajacques said:

1452313120_!!!!FM20.4.0TequilasunriseKnaplassRDFP93ALLCUPSCASTLEBIGAWAY (1).fmf

1631947758_!!FM20.3.0-4231KnapPar1s-ParisienneWalkwaysWSSVOL2P104ALLCUPS.fmf

Just to say the Knap Tea For One 4-3-2-1 is the best tactic I've ever used in any version of Football Manager in the last ten years... Goals galore and defensively sound. Yes I'm a top team but this is dominance on a complete new level - averaging four goals a game in the league!

image.thumb.png.37655c8941a6205b77191982ac45409b.png

1 minute ago, ThePigeon85 said:

Just to say the Knap Tea For One 4-3-2-1 is the best tactic I've ever used in any version of Football Manager in the last ten years... Goals galore and defensively sound. Yes I'm a top team but this is dominance on a complete new level - averaging four goals a game in the league!

image.thumb.png.37655c8941a6205b77191982ac45409b.png

Which tac as there are a few of them ?