Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

@Cadoni, I change Mentality all the time. I've lost count on how many times the AI has comeback & snatched points in injury time. Realistic? Maybe. Frustrating? YES. 

Touch is now updated. might start a new save there and go back to IR exclusively since this new ME is not as fun to play out as the previous build. 

Edited by Heywood JaBlowme

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

@Cadoni, I change Mentality all the time. I've lost count on how many times the AI has comeback & snatched points in injury time. Realistic? Maybe. Frustrating? YES. 

Touch is now updated. might start a new save there and go back to IR exclusively since this new ME is not as fun to play out as the previous build. 

Try the regroup and hold shape Knap's been saying about. 
Also, what works for me are a few more tweaks after 75-78 mins:
- More disciplined
- remove "pass into space"
- play for set pieces
- waste time (but setting it too "often" kinda backfires, so go with "sometimes")
- and finally, nothing more than "Balanced" for mentality. 

I tend to hold out 8/10 times. 
(Note: I'm also using Tequila, which is, i think,  the best underdog tactic, by far) 

1 hour ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Custom match plans seem to be working in the FMT update so should be able to change mentality/SUS etc using Instant Result.

I’m going to have a play and try it out.

For context, in previous versions it seemed that subs wouldn’t be made when using custom match plans, so wasn’t really useable. 

26 minutes ago, marksmithlfc1234 said:

what tactic ?

4321 Oxford P103..

First game of the season that.. Next beat Milan 3-0 at home.

My posts takes a while to get approved from mods, so it takes some time before answering.

Edited by Rober82

I can't wait  to give your strikerless tactic a try (maybe with cautious mentality). I'm a very big fan of defensive style of play, and strikerless formation. Last time when i was very impressed with them, it was in 2017 when CelticFM prepared tactic emulating Simeone style, where both attackers were replaced by shadow strikers. 

In the meanwhile... Lille won Europa League in their first season, no ingoing transfers. PreachingBlues451VOL4P108 strongly recommended ;)

lille1.jpg

lille2.jpg

Lazio v Lille 0-1 (final Ligi Europy 2019-20).pkm

22 minutes ago, knap said:

@Spikester

There are a few good people testing, but it takes time and not all tactics have been covered.

There are 5 season teats and BLACK ECHO 4411 was 1st for all seasons.

I'm going to give this one a try. With the 2 central mids, where would you put the more defensive mid, in the DLP or BBM role?

3 minutes ago, knap said:

@marksmith1610

Did you find regroup?

FMT should be easier to change tactics.

I only really use 1 tactic and a SUS

Yes i found regroup but when would you use it ? is it just add it to the instructions or just when preserving a lead ? plus i think FMtouch plays soo much different from full game , it does not feel easier on the players when watching the games !! as soon as i change tacts players look lost with ball 

13 minutes ago, marksmithlfc1234 said:

Yes i found regroup but when would you use it ? is it just add it to the instructions or just when preserving a lead ? plus i think FMtouch plays soo much different from full game , it does not feel easier on the players when watching the games !! as soon as i change tacts players look lost with ball 

ME between FMT and Full Version is the same. FMT has been updated today.

@marksmithlfc1234

It is always about developing your own style and what you feel comfortable with adjusting.

Mentality matters is perhaps at the extreme end but contains good advice about control tactics and SUS (above is also very good)..

I suppose it boils down to whether you feel in control of game or the AI have the upper hand. If the AI have the upper hand then it is worthwhile changing , it could be just a sub or a plan B tactic.

Near the end of a game is the time to think about a SUS tactic to hold a lead, and this is where regroup can be used.

If you get a man sent off then consider regroup and hold shape.

You should have an Arsenal of options which just need applying at the right point in the match, but most are what would I do if a real football match.

If