Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

MR R in feedback thread

The point is, teams under the cosh, camping in there own half passing sideways and backwards is the antithesis of how they would normally behave. Normally they would concede territory and possession in the hope they can counter an opponent who has over committed, resulting in very low possession and completed passes stats but giving them a chance to score and get a result.

Retaining possession deep in your own half is a characteristic of certain elite teams and is beyond most normal teams, and then its not aimless or prolonged, but based on beating the press and then moving up the pitch.

Very odd behavior.   

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, knap said:

@byang08

There is no ral reason why you would need to change the set up because of players, unless they do not play well. The tactic is also set up so the BBM has more room to go forward with the winger on that side.

I am probably more gun ho and P&P Player. I tend to set up control and SUS tactics just with mentality changes and a few tweaks. However, the guide provides a much better overview of how to tweak and use tactics to your advantage, and if you read a few posts starting on cautious works as a plan. Also worth having a Plan B or even Plan C tactics rather than rely on just one. The whole package gives you an armory against the AI.

Thanks for the explanation. Another question, for your wulf4411 tactic and some others with an AMC, why does the AMC role not have any individual instructions?

Which tactic is best suited in AWAY games? 

Using Argus343 (with Man-marking) but the striker "Haller" doesnt score in AWAY games. Chances are there but he misses. Which PPM do you think would work in this Patch, "Shoot with Power" or "Place shots"?

Do wingbacks need crossing? They DONT seem to cross alot, but when they do its blocked

Can you be more specific which kind of players you need in attack? Is it important to have "Left foot on right and vice versa"I have got Filipe Andersson and Bowen, both have got cuts inside in PPM. Sometimes they perform, like hit and miss not much consistency from Top 3

I have tried the" mentalitet thing", if you start with positive or balanced, Do i need to remove instructions? 

Do you think that every Assistant manager have same traning schedule? Do their "Defensiv, Attacking" matter when they plan schedule? 

3 hours ago, sverige91 said:

@knap One more request plese, Can you make a Traning schedule according to your tactics? You dont need to put in Match day or something like that, just the programs you think would be suitable? And then everyone can plan their schedule according to that with match day and all

Thanks

you should be able to do so yourself. i might look into it my self as i make my schedules. but to get the most out of the tactic, i find using/tweaking the balance schedule is best and adding match prep 

40 minutes ago, Sezer1905 said:

How should the opponent's instructions and general training be adjusted in knap tactics?

I believe you should set yourself responsible for OI but do not use any as they affect the tactic.

I also believe training is left to AM.

Edited by eencae
Typo

@DjelsWingers would usually be left on left inverted right on left but with cut in ppms  I would normally use the cut in in preference. Because of the various combinations it is best to test with the players at your disposal.

You can during a match try the various options and this applies also to strikers, and sometimes the MCs.

When you get injuries, especially in LL, it is good to be flexible rather than have rigid rules.

FM 20.2 Tactics  (includes Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-4 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top  3-7 in League

Sub Top 5-10 in League

Sub Mid 11-15

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals

@sverige91

With regard to mentalities I believe most change mentality only. The exception would be a SUS tactic, which is covered by Optimus Guide. I do not always use all the changes as it depends on how the match is proceeding.

On 14/02/2020 at 20:32, knap said:

I love the look of this. I've been looking for a tactic for a while which allows you to play Mane, Firmino and Salah consistently and have them all score a lot of goals. Seems very close to Liverpool in real life. Well done.

It just seems to concede more and draw a few too many games compared to your other tactics which is a shame. I think if anyone is capable of matching Jurgen Klopp in the game it's you Knap :cool:

Yes bloody beautiful!

Capture.thumb.PNG.8f6f98b760a46ab80aab3cd3c5f0bfa7.PNG

Not sure how much was the tactic (Sicillianvol2442 set to positive) and how much was Ferencvaros being awful (despite having  Theo Walcott oddly enough) , they have a goal difference of -23 after 3 games LOL.  The disappointing thing is, it could've easily been 20-0 with the number of chances created.

16 minutes ago, priority76 said:

Yes bloody beautiful!

Capture.thumb.PNG.8f6f98b760a46ab80aab3cd3c5f0bfa7.PNG

Not sure how much was the tactic (Sicillianvol2442 set to positive) and how much was Ferencvaros being awful (despite having  Theo Walcott oddly enough) , they have a goal difference of -23 after 3 games LOL.  The disappointing thing is, it could've easily been 20-0 with the number of chances created.

Can you share the tactic?

27 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

Can you share the tactic?

It's FM20.2.4 Sicilian 4222 on page 131

24 minutes ago, Dersturmer said:

Did you manage to win Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar in UPL?

No, league form is not that great, we're struggling against weaker teams and Dynamo and Shakhtar are in a league of their own.  Shakhtar in particular are unplayable, they've signed Piatek from Milan for £30+ million and couple of others for similarly ridiculous amounts.  I can only dream.  Fortunately we're over performing in Europe though, so it's not all doom and gloom.