Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mwandila said:

I need a 4-4-2 to my FC copenhagen team, which one Is the best and what about OI an TT

https://www.footballmanagerstory.com/best-fm-2020-tactics-knaps-unbeaten-beowulf-4-4-2/

Im using this with FC Copenhagen. I have only change the tackling to "stay on feet". (Because a lot of yellow cards)

16 minutes ago, marksmithlfc1234 said:

smashing it with blue matter 433 on new patch so far , But to be fair i am Liverpool . just beat genk 9-2 in champs league was 5 nil up after 17 mins , Mane got 9 minute hat trick LOOL 

which version mate?

FM 20.2 Tactics  (excludes Beta tactics)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPEDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-4 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top 5-10 in League

Sub Mid 11-15

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

9 hours ago, marksmithlfc1234 said:

smashing it with blue matter 433 on new patch so far , But to be fair i am Liverpool . just beat genk 9-2 in champs league was 5 nil up after 17 mins , Mane got 9 minute hat trick LOOL 

I love this formation too but don’t you find you concede a lot of goals in big games away from home? Do you make any changes for these matches?

13 minutes ago, knap said:

@AndreBothmaTax

I try to encourage players to have a bash at making them and develop own style.

I like that.

I find that changing to a 4 1 4 1 or 4 4 1 1 is quite effective on cautious mentality. More often than not, the AI will attempt to go for a goal in the last few minutes, this normally leaves them exposed at the back and get punished by a AF making a run due to a DLP/BPD/W(A) supplying a through ball.

My only losses this season so far was because of red card send off, early in the first half. I've been using BEOWULF442.

By the way - do you ever remove the "pass into space/work ball into box" instruction during a game?

Rashidi from BustTheNet frequently outplay AI teams by messing with the pass into space / work ball into box / hit early cross instructions.

@AndreBothmaTax

If you get a early red card then use a SUS. Often win the game this way.

If you have a way of playing and it works there is little point in changing. However, having a plan B is worthwhile. Stargazing uses hit early crosses, or change formation, use man marking. In game you can use many ideas as it is short term and if it does noot work you can change again. 

Many ways to play game depending upon what you enjoy.

Hey Knap, Speaking of SUS, i had SUS and CTRL tactics according to mentality matter that worked like a charm before the beta, guaranteed preserving the lead and even scored on counters

Now they seems much less effective, most of the time when i use them now i got punished by a goal shortly after.

for CTRL i use:

1-Cautious mentality

2-make sure at least 5 players are on defend/support duty

3-drop DL and LOE by 1 point

4- remove Stuck in (not activate stay on feet)

5-reduce pressing urgency to standard

6-remove counterpress

7-Activate keeper slow pace and short distribution

8-reduce directness to short and tempo to slow

9-remove pass to space and run at defense

for SUS i use:

1-Defensive mentality

2-change WB to NNFB

3-drop DL to standard and drop LOE by 1 point

4- remove Stuck in (not activate stay on feet)

5-reduce pressing urgency to standard

6-remove counterpress and counter, activate regroup and hold shape

7-Activate keeper slow pace and short distribution

8-reduce directness to very short and tempo to very slow

9-remove pass to space and run at defense, activate dribble less and be more disciplined and waste time to max

As i mentioned it's not working now as it used to be, may be you can tell me where i go wrong here or post your own CTRL/SUS modification to help me make them better?

Thank you

Edited by tagaddin