Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, knap said:

Checking FM Base tactics I can't see any 4312s. I have a 3412 which is probably average.

exactly, i said before in fm18 you had one of the best tactics and it was a 4312 from my tests but the tactic was unnoticed

Yes.

Someone tried Lpool with a lower reputation and found the results were not as a good over the season as with correct reputation. There appears little point in not starting with correct reputation.

With the Dafuge challenge you have to use lowest reputation, but at that level it is not normally a problem.

Predicted 7th subtop/underdog, first season with SympathyKnapLeipzigUnderdog4222. Record points and wins tho rotating with hot prospects in a B-team alot of games. This tactic made me learn and enjoy the Volante + IW roles and their long shots. Very happy, thanks @knap

1) It's the first season I managed mentality. It seems crucial in FM20. Almost never used attacking (some attacking duty roles tho). Check how offensive/defensive the opposition is. Start with Balanced or Positive (at home). If they are Defensive dont go above Positive. If they are Attacking go Cautious or Defensive and you will counter attack alot. There is a home bonus so sometimes you can use one notch higher mentality at home in general. But also depends on how good opposition. Mentality works just like in real life and you will get a feel for what mentality is a proper choice. 

2) It often takes 15+ games before team cohesion and morale is good. I started with very poor team cohesion which brings early draws and losses.

3) Substituting players with low ratings is also important in second half.

4) Even if you manage everything there's still a random luck factor aswell just like in real life. Always have to accept a few draws and losses. Build a good team with good team cohesion + morale and you will win in the long run.

image.thumb.png.1e24f93af038d9807ea1c6ad2a709fab.pngimage.thumb.png.5e9e14275f78503bfa3fc35260680f69.png

Tactic + SUS links:

FM20SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipLeipzig.fmf FM20SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipLeipzigSUS.fmf

Edited by Dreambuilder

Got promoted  and won the league on the last game of the season to the PL. Scared to death of going to the PL with the defensive record I have though, really think it's probably happened a season too early. May use Preaching Blues 4141 hopefully gives me a bit some defensive stability next season.

Edited by Jamieac

Winning PL league 1st season with a promoted club is very impressive.

What were transfers as normally it is very difficult to find PL quality players on promotion that want to come to Club.

No I got promoted from the championship to the PL :lol: I'm literally just hoping I stay up in the PL next season :D 

Winning it first season would be pretty crazy, I conceded over 70 in the Championship I just happened to be the top scorer as well, only way I managed to win the league. So looking to tighten up for next season.

Tactic Spreadsheet

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-5 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top 6-11 in League

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

Edited by knap

2 hours ago, knap said:

Not tested yet, but perhaps a good all rounder.

@knapAs a Led Zep fan I had to give Ramble On a go!  First game at home - had to adjust mentality throughout the game, but looked good.  FYI if you are wondering who Beckenham Panthers are, I got bored and tried the create a club option (replaced Burnley).  Its good fun, you just clear their squad and use the budget to fill the squad (of course Burnley's is pretty small)

2020-01-12.thumb.png.16ff368a0a4e762f877fb8cb91c169f8.png

Are the independent tests for tactics done over the course of one season? 

I ask because: I'm not sure if it's because I'm using Instant Result, but the deeper I go into a save, the harder it gets to win in FM 20 regardless of the tactic. Especially in Cup matches, it gets more difficult to win 10+ years into a save from what I am seeing. I know very few people use IR so they may not be seeing the same results. 

Next club BVB, 1st season 2031/2032, media predict: 3rd. Strikers are uselles in team. Schalke better team(match stats) in Quarter-final, 7 losses in season. 

EuroCup result, these strikers (stats) before norway vs france

Tactic: Sympathy4132P108

BVBSFD108.png

ghgddsvggf.png

Edited by erzet17
update results