Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting crazy results on my second season with Bournemouth with Sympathy tactic, only wins after 4 months into the season. I do undoubtedly have a very good squad already, but the results are very impressive nonetheless. 

I also noticed, playing with right footed players on the right wing and left footed players on the left wing is beneficial, started getting better results after doing this change. @knap Have you done any testing regarding this?  

06972233ee339d0d79f749fcff296346.png

813185a10863017722b754ad846fcf27.png

It was strikerless in FM 19 and Zaip, who has been helping with testing, turned it into a 4222. He has been tweaking to win league with Hertha, but not asked about inverted feet.

I am very fluid with feet and will change them over during games. Do they have any cut in ppms/traits?

13 hours ago, Heyhop said:

Getting crazy results on my second season with Bournemouth with Sympathy tactic, only wins after 4 months into the season. I do undoubtedly have a very good squad already, but the results are very impressive nonetheless. 

I also noticed, playing with right footed players on the right wing and left footed players on the left wing is beneficial, started getting better results after doing this change. @knap Have you done any testing regarding this?  

06972233ee339d0d79f749fcff296346.png

813185a10863017722b754ad846fcf27.png

Hello!!

Is it possible to help me solve my little technical problem. I am one of those Google Stadia user. It works perfect but with a few minor problems. It aint possible to import or export tactics. So I tried to recreate the Sympathy tactic. Knap or someone else can you post a screenshot the In possesion-screen, in transition screen and out of possesion screen? 

I have thought about Google Stadia myself however if you can't you import tactics that would be a major problem.

Have you asked about a technical solution as there many PIs and set pieces that need setting up manually.

Knap

Yes it is unfortunatley a Google-isue. At the moment Stadia is a perfect option for me. I travel a lot with over 100 nights at hotel with good wifi. And i dont want to carry around two computers, only my work laptop. And i dont have acces to install software on that one. But stadia solves my problem. For me it is a lot bettet than nothing. But i dont think stadia is an otion for you. At least not at the moment. 

I understand that there is a lot of things behind the scenes in the tactic. But i thougt i could do the best of it and set up as many settings as i can manually. 

On 23/11/2019 at 11:41, knap said:

Hey guys, which tactic from the above would you recommend for Arsenal at FM20? I would like to respect the tactical history off the club, play good offensive football and bear in mind i'll put youngsters on the squad... Is it just me or Ozil is so overpayed on his wage.... 

2 hours ago, knap said:

If you go to page 10 there are screenshots of the basis of my tactics. Also on page 10 is the original tactic 4420 on which Sympathy is based.

Are there anything i should think of in sympathy regarding PI in the cental block (the two forwards and the two central midfielders) compared to 4420?

On 23/11/2019 at 11:41, Ivoensousa said:

Hi there @donhughberto, can you share your Blue Matter 451 with your tweaks please?
I'm not having lucky this year on FM :(
Cheers for the results

No changes just move DM to Midfield as shown above and move striker to left of center. I read elsewhere that a striker moves around move if not in center. This ME is bonkers. Came back to earth with some draws but not defeated yet. One thing is my team should be unbeatable (world class lineup) so may not work for others like. Anyway I mostly get all knaps tactics and play about. There is no equal to him :)

5 hours ago, knap said:

May have lost a bit of confidence after those defeats by Man City and Real Madrid

Might have been that, feels like bad spells is harder to deal with now. Stuck with the tactic and managed to turn things around. Ever since the Real game early december things have been really good.

Skjermbilde (3).png

7 minutes ago, knap said:

Back in FM08 taking Oxford Utd to PL, I lost 3 games in a row, with no apparent reason. Since then I just accept losing a few games in a row and just carry on.

The Oxford tactic from FM08 was the best tactic I have ever used!

4321 and I won everything with Lyon..... those were the days!

Knap do you recommend new Sympathy for the Devil over the new 4132 you posted earlier?

Either will win league with Leipzig or Lpool The 4132 is better with Loool than Leipzig but the 4132 is also ALL CUPS.

In those days the ME was more exciting compared to a very dull ME in FM 20 and FM 19.

Just tested Sympathy v1 with Viking in the Norwegian league. Predicted finish 16th (last).

My results:

results1.png

results2.png

table.png

Got lots of yellows and reds though. 83 yellows and 10 reds in 30 games

Edited by Ecnot

Using Sympathy with Man Utd season 1 and results very mixed. Home it is good, away not good at all. 

I watch games, no OI, very few shouts.

Will stick with it for a few more games to see if results turn around.

Problem is that it is too open and I am getting caught out on counter against teams with fast/good players.

The losses were probably deserved and not unlucky, I had chances but the opponents had more/better and seemed to be in control of the games.

One crucial item is attacking corners - make sure to set your takers to players who are not your fullbacks. If a fullback takes the corner you are often left with NO players back. Kind of funny.

image.thumb.png.d18c0e54ef88469255632d536e158e4b.pngimage.thumb.png.a7fe557b3ee1890b8d6c942361674543.png

image.thumb.png.53484228b0636318382351c5f41bd91c.png