• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, knap said:

FM 21.4 ME

HOLY GHOST FIRE 41212 EC CC TREQ P102 EC CC SALAH 75

FM21.4HOLYGHOSTFIREKnap41212TREQP102ECCCSALAH75.fmf 45.44 kB · 133 downloads

1571161357_Screenshot(3316).thumb.png.e4a3665e777c26a1b34504bd08567d71.png328121295_Screenshot(3315).thumb.png.7b1a3ca9c6003dd01543fdf105ba4aec.png

@knap Thank you for this update mate!

As you suggested i used AM variant with good results, but now im switching back. Treq variant scores like crazy.

Edited by fm2016fan

I browsed through your tactics. Cannot find a single tactic that doesn't have standard or lower line of engagement. All your tactics that do well have higher line of engagement and higher defensive lines(never lower than normal defensive line) Guess it's a match engine flaw, like everyone plays super high up pressing tactic in this game, a low block counter attack just doesn't produce results, I guess.

Same with tactics from other people, it's not only your tactics.

Low block seems dead in this game, even underdog teams do well with high engagements lines and higher defensive lines, it's so unrealistic, shame really.

Edited by Kraiden

9 minutes ago, smlrch1892 said:

Secondary question - with the training schedules posted in OP - Do you just plug them and use the appropriate one week on week?

I've always let my assman do my training so never really messed around with training - hearing it is better to do your own this year? 

Ass man doesn't do any match prep, and match prep can really help improve team cohesion, tactic familiarity, and results in general.

Personally I like to make sure most games have a defensive shape, attacking movement, match preview before, match review after; and depending on how things are going, a match tactics, teamwork, and defensive free kicks would be next on my list, in that order. But even if you don't want to get into that, the schedules made by RDF are better than assman and it's not much work.

22 minutos atrás, knap disse:

FM 21.4 ME

KASHMIR 23221 (451) C P110 FA

FM21.4KASHMIRKnap23221(451)CP110FA.fmf 45 kB · 5 downloads

700505930_Screenshot(3329).thumb.png.1d2998c6691c701baad4d5cd36d7bed7.png1862808396_Screenshot(3328).thumb.png.3bc7a5d3137c53ac1e1ffe3d48c55f6d.png

Small question, RMD works like IF right?
I mean inverted foot and go from a side to the middle one?

Also for UCL Games when you're managing a weaker team, should i change the mentality to Cautious?

Edited by sirTAVARES

1 hour ago, knap said:

FM 21.4 ME

KASHMIR 23230 C P102 ALL CUPS

FM21.4KASHMIRKnap23230CP102ALLCUPS.fmf 45.52 kB · 14 downloads

69227737_Screenshot(3327).thumb.png.9cbf7b9b7ea8847fe53aa516ef37b112.png1038259384_Screenshot(3324).thumb.png.15a965a6aad97f3838d866618eafdec4.png360245798_Screenshot(3325).thumb.png.7f835a1a7ce57fc83cd90f54073a0feb.png

Wow, this formation looks beautiful...I don't really have the personnel for it, but I'm going to add it as a third tactic just to see how it does and maybe make a priority to sign some WBs and SSs next window...

Hey Knap, thank you for another year of great tactics!

Regarding your tactics e.t.c i tend to know what ones to use or want but im stuck this year. What would you suggest for Hannover in the Bundesliga 2?

@demps

Top tactics formations are the wide diamond variants and Warrior, buy this patch the strikerless are working well.

Parisienne walkways 4231 appears solid. 

Most of these were around last yearwith just mild tweaks, so I would try what worrked last year for you.

Enjoying tea for one BWM, HolyGhostfire Treq and pilgrimage most right now.... cant for the life of me get IWB working well.... defensive wingers are hard to find too.

Pilgrimage is best tactics with WB and wingers right?

much love <3

Edited by Souljacker

@knap hi Knap. Amazing tactics once again thank you.

I'm using FM21.4 BEOWULF 424 IF P100 and having great results. However I don't really have a natural BBM. I have a couple of players who can play there and do well enough but it's not their natural role. 

would it be best do you think just to carry on using them there, or would you recommend changing the role to something like central midfielder support or something like that? I think the only thing missing from my midfielders really is the athleticism side of attributes.

thanks mate.

Strikerless work very well against attacking teams but struggle to score goals against the dreaded park the bus. I'm now going with the latest WARPIGS (Very attacking), leaking a few goals but strikers have regained their form.

@trevjim

In theory the BBM will make more and longer runs into box and will therefore be an attacking threat in the box. A CM will not be in the box or not so often and will have to be a passing threat. This will to a degree unbalance the tactic. 

If a player does bot have the stamina he may only be effective for 75 mins rather than 90, so the answer may be just to sub early and retain the threat in the ,box.

BEOWULF has been around a number of years and I've never changed the DLP BBM set up and I have used irt with the likes of Margate and Kingstonian without issues with BBMs.

@kandersson

Against a top team their defence is pulled up pitch to a place they do not want to be. More defensive sides are not easily drawn out.

Thr major good point is you can use your main strikers at SS, with no problm.

1 hour ago, knap said:

@trevjim

In theory the BBM will make more and longer runs into box and will therefore be an attacking threat in the box. A CM will not be in the box or not so often and will have to be a passing threat. This will to a degree unbalance the tactic. 

If a player does bot have the stamina he may only be effective for 75 mins rather than 90, so the answer may be just to sub early and retain the threat in the ,box.

BEOWULF has been around a number of years and I've never changed the DLP BBM set up and I have used irt with the likes of Margate and Kingstonian without issues with BBMs.

Amazing thank you. Will keep as BBM. Much appreciated

First of all I'm really amazed by the number of different tactics that you're providing.

I don't really use tactics as plug&play but I like to get a glimpse on others work to find some interesting ideas to use in my own tactics.

So I have a question about out of possession team instructions.

I've seen that you use 'Get stuck in' like A LOT for team and individually in players instructions. Do you think it's essential?

Maybe my opinion is not the best way of playing now but I've never really liked 'Get stuck in' that much because my players usually ended up with a lot of red cards. I even liked 'Stay on feet' for some teams.

I also like to put position marking for my wingers and set it to opposition defenders. Like my ML/AML marks opposition RB and MR/AMR goes for LB. I like to think it somehow forces my wingers to help against overloads and kind of forces them to contribute more defensively. Even if they won't go for challenges I think their presence can make a change in opposition movement.

What do you think about those topics?

@orion

Get stuck in may add a few pts a season ,but can easilt be taken off in match or with a strict ref. Also with a red you can often still win even if it means using a SUS,

I use position marking on a few tactics usinf amr/l and pushed up WBs. Unlikely to make a huge differencebut can still be used

14 hours ago, knap said:

FM 21.4 ME

KASHMIR 2323 P105 ALL CUPS

FM21.4KASHMIRKnap2323CP105ALLCUPS.fmf 45.36 kB · 108 downloads

1151832653_Screenshot(3323).thumb.png.de137ece1cede9161a649b46aecffdb5.png1192461359_Screenshot(3321).thumb.png.1c56da76dbeec5d24008ef9b23fa6e6c.png1956815666_Screenshot(3322).thumb.png.6ca9dd7bf3f0c97cdb850d9ceaa345a5.png

@knap

I mean this one, u said sane plays like mane for example, can I use sane on this position even if he has just 1 star on this position? 

Same like the trequarista position tactic, does it work with players like Thomas Müller even if they have lover stars? 

@Mr.Robot

Is that 1 star for a role?

Nothing is really sacrosanct and even in real life you have to play players bot in their natural position. With lower league it is common to have to , especially with injuries.

@knap You've said above that DW/IWB are effectively the same as Wingers/Wingbacks... So out if I was searching for players, I can search for Winger (Support) and Wingback (Support) and players good in those positions (which are easier to find) will work just as well as finding a DW/IWB already suited for those roles? We should just train them in the DW/IWB Role once we have them? Thanks!

@efskoppite

In essence yes. No need to spcify support. Attck means more forward runs compared to support. You may find with DW that a midfielder who can also play on wing is another option, rather than a pure winger. Also many CBs can work at WB.

With lower league having a player that can cover many positions can be very useful.

Edited by knap