Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/12/2020 at 08:02, cwilcox said:

Am I the only one who actually looks at the goals conceded in the tactic first before thinking is it any good?

Currently managing Arsenal and managed to finish 4th using the cautious Holyghostfire FM21 Beta?

I get nervous making a massive tactic change in season and my version of FM21 is patched to up to date version. In summer of 2021 so have budget to bring in better talent and try some new ideas, but do prefer 433/451, but really look at the goals the tactic lets in before looking to plug it in to one of the 3 tactic slots. As an example, tactic enclosed and in above post (about 10 posts up) let in 35 goals in league (nearly a goal a game, which would put me off?  Anyone else look at it all this way?

FM21ARGUSknap3412P106ECFA.fmf 43.1 kB · 8 downloads

I use this and I’m at top of the table with Arsenal👌🏻

4385F4DF-44E7-4EEA-82AE-2BDFB660F790.jpeg

On 05/12/2020 at 00:33, yuzojr said:

Any recommended tactic for Arsenal?

19 hours ago, mickyt11 said:

Hi guys, can someone suggest a tactic (fm 21 touch) for my Arsenal save please? Im thinking of the standard 4231 but dont see one here other than the new one with the new RMD (i think on the wings), but wanted to use Inside Forwards insteaD?

I use this tactic. Works like a charm. Top of the table with Arsenal. In my last game I beat Man City 4-1👌🏻👏🏻

E88A8CCC-AAE0-4DF7-8CBA-40F1E7142D45.jpeg

C2C10A73-5838-41F5-9FE7-C1CA319EC85D.jpeg

Evening all.

Playing with a flat mate who insists on downloading tactics and I always build my own.  This year is proving a tad ridiculous.
Half way through the season, I'm mid table and exceeding expectations, in my opinion, with Newcastle.  He's second in the league with Villa and a striker with 11 finishing is top of the charts.

Since his ridiculous rise into the Champions League places will likely spoil the game, i've decided to try some of these out.

I've went on holiday for three months with a lot of these tactics and I've just about been sacked the restults are that bad.  I guess they're not as plug-and-play as i hoped.

Any tips and where to start using one of these, starting mid-season.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Skywalk3r83 said:

I use this tactic. Works like a charm. Top of the table with Arsenal. In my last game I beat Man City 4-1👌🏻👏🏻

E88A8CCC-AAE0-4DF7-8CBA-40F1E7142D45.jpeg

C2C10A73-5838-41F5-9FE7-C1CA319EC85D.jpeg

Thanks mate! Do you use OI and do anything differently for away/ big games? 

4 hours ago, anatolycastella said:

Started a new save unemployed, landed a job in December with a struggling Rennes (17th  in Ligue 1), first match against PSG and this happened looooool

Tactic used VENOM & FAITH 442 P100 CC

Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 18.43.12.png

Yeah also love this tactic,  working well for me :thup:

1 hour ago, KuSten said:

Evening all.

Playing with a flat mate who insists on downloading tactics and I always build my own.  This year is proving a tad ridiculous.
Half way through the season, I'm mid table and exceeding expectations, in my opinion, with Newcastle.  He's second in the league with Villa and a striker with 11 finishing is top of the charts.

Since his ridiculous rise into the Champions League places will likely spoil the game, i've decided to try some of these out.

I've went on holiday for three months with a lot of these tactics and I've just about been sacked the restults are that bad.  I guess they're not as plug-and-play as i hoped.

Any tips and where to start using one of these, starting mid-season.

Cheers

In recent FMs, there is almost no plug and play. If your team has poor morale and cohesion, you will struggle. Go on holiday works if your team is in a good spot and players are happy. Otherwise you will get bad results, which then stem more bad results without actions from the manager.

One more big things about Go on holiday, your results will be affected by your AssMan. The most obvious issue is picking the wrong players for the positions.

Edited by longruoi1

Hi All

A tip for all the people looking for help! (I was once one of you)

1 - Go here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGvdjZyrowqiMrDh9_GjVxEOpQ1AsuUk-LvwdrAIJX4/edit?ouid=114744155852224665668&usp=sheets_home&ths=true

2 - Sort by POINTS TOTAL (click on column D and sort sheet Z > A)

3 - Try one of the tactics at the top that got Knap over 100 points - THEY ALL WORK A TREAT!!! I suggest picking a couple that fit your team, style, players

4 - STICK WITH IT! You team need to learn the tactic, and learn to play with each other, every season after trying a new tactic Oct - Nov are the toughest, but March - May you'll be flying!!!!

5 - Say thank you to KNAP! Amazing work every year! 

6 - Share your experience on here!

Enjoy!

Argus formations are very close to reality football but they don't work like they used to in FM20.

Also I can't find any classic 4231 or 41221 with inside forwards. 

I use to enjoy knap tactics but this season is something different. I hope Knap will be able to create some decent formations that appeal more to the reality.

3 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

They still didn`t fix the Cautious Mentality + Much Higher Defensive Line

Testing it with Arsenal and Napoli and is crazy good

Tactic is a Tweaked PreachinBlues

A1.thumb.jpg.61f121f5c68ae055decfb5bdf3bbac78.jpg

A2.thumb.jpg.9eedbee6463b9ee0cb7b9d4b3f37908f.jpg

Anyone playin` Cautious all games at the moment?

Looks interesting. Eager to share? Would be fun to test

my wingers are all 14+ crossing... but keeps happen every game more than 90% of the time 

and i notice that on attacking movement last third of the pitch they start to become dumb... run with ball agaisnt the defender. passes to nowhere, and that defletion of the crosses that pisses me off cause happen to many times. 

i mean i dont mind the winger takes the cross and a defender cut it. that thing is that the winger allways get cuted when still with the ball. 

2 hours ago, Crusho79bv said:

Hello, I would like to test your tactic if you share it or send it via private message, thanks.

Yeah also looking for a tactic with Inside Forwards. The ones here seem mostly to have wide midfielders or wingers in the midfield slot which virtually no real life teams uses (only team in the prem to use this is Burnley who have a 4-4-2 I think)

not a criticism as Knap does amazing work, would just like a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 / 3-5-2 that works 😊

2 horas atrás, Crusho79bv disse:

Nice results, @Crusho79bv!

I'm already looking forward to testing. Your tweaks are very good!

@Burty76

If you take a player like Salah with vut in PPM hew will act like aIF All you really need is to use the position amr/l. Maybe less so if a winger but maybe more realitic as they tend ti be both winger and IF if you invert foot.

4 hours ago, Crusho79bv said:

what did you use as a base? the 100pt version? Thanks

22 hours ago, jimiscarr said:

4 - STICK WITH IT! You team need to learn the tactic, and learn to play with each other, every season after trying a new tactic Oct - Nov are the toughest, but March - May you'll be flying!!!

I've been trying a few different saves and teams - early on there's success, but then a down period.  I was conceding a ton of goals from long punts - with poor decisions made re the offside trap or missing basic headers.  However, as I've gone into November and now December in one save, they have for the most part gone away.  I suspect Team Cohesion plays a big part in this.  Training can help here - although I'm with a semi-pro club, so only get 4 sessions a week, so tougher - but well worth going heavy with Teamwork, Match Tactics and if you have an international break, Match Practice in training.  Try to keep the same back 4/5 - especially your central defenders.

While I'm here, I want to say, "Thank you!" to the mighty @knap.  It feels like I've been banging my head against a brick wall with tactics - I just don't see more advanced things like overloads etc. etc. - so to plug one of your tactics in and just enjoy the rest of the game has made the FM21 experience far less frustrating for me!