Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Knap,

I'm a little bit confused about how to use the opening post. Also some links in the google doc don't go directly to tactics, or go to tactic packs, in which I feel a bit lost as to what to chose. So a bit of starting help is very much appreciated.

I am currently playing a 60 season save on FM18 with your Argus 343 tactic (3 CD, 2 WB, 2 MC, 3 SC). It has given me lots of succes in the leagues and at international matches and it let all of clubs grow to big propertions. It gave me strength and stability at such a level that in about 10 seasons I was a force in the Champions League too, with each of my clubs. I really like the way that the wingbacks or other players go to front / sideline and cross to the otherside. Not only is that a thing of beauty to see, it also scores lots and lots of goals. Much like the tandem Ziyech - Promes at Ajax.

I am currently starting a new savegame on FM20 and am hoping to create dynasty's again. I would like to play a style simular to that of your Argus tactic, but preferably with 3 midfielders like Ajax and Barcelona and with lots of crossing. Do you have a tactic that is allround, suited for mid and high level teams and that fits my playing wishes?

@Jorgen this is his FM20 343 Argus tactic. It was created in February on the older 20.3.0 match engine but will probably still work on 20.4.1

I think I'll be able to find one with 3 central midfielders for you but there aren't many. I can think of one, let me find it.

@Jorgen

ARGUS 343 was one of my favourite tactics, with great forward movement.

FM 20 tends to expose wings if just using WBs.

KASHMIR 433 may be the tactic to use long term, but you may need to build a good squad first

Thanks @Earnie is God! Any chance you could find one that is more of a traditional 4-3-3 with a backward facing triangle (4-1-2-3), a forward facing triangle (4-2-1-3) or a 3-in-line (4-3-3)?

@knap I've used that Argus 343 for 60 seasons in a row and it never gets dull. Moreover, it makes every team stronger on the pitch, even in the 3rd division of Serbia or Romania, with players that a real rubbish.

I do not really care if it takes my team one season, or 10 to grow, as long as the tactic is sound and solid and has beautiful movement and great crossing.

I'll try the Argus 343 for FM20 that Earnie mentioned and I am going to try the Kashmir one you're referring to.

thanks! :thup: 

Edited by Jorgen

@Jorgen

MU P111 was used 2nd season with MU.

KASHMIR P101 was used to win PL 1st year with Sheffield 

KASHMIR CELTIC was only used with Elite teams.

You can use PF for Man Marking see guide.

If you go to review column you can see how the tactics perform.

29 minutes ago, knap said:

@Jorgen

MU P111 was used 2nd season with MU.

KASHMIR P101 was used to win PL 1st year with Sheffield 

KASHMIR CELTIC was only used with Elite teams.

You can use PF for Man Marking see guide.

If you go to review column you can see how the tactics perform.

I have now downloaded these tactics:

jY4olNs.png

There was no Kashmir 433 PF tactic, though there where 8 tactics with PF in their name. Which one did you mean?

Edited by Jorgen

I find the spreadsheet a bit confusing as well. 

I'm on 20.4.1 so I suppose it's just find that section in the spreadsheet, and then pick a tactic that suits. Is that how everyone else does it?

Are these in any kind of order? Is the best at the top for example?

P.s. Keep up the good work. Knap's tactics are all great to be honest, I'm just trying to fully understand the spreadsheet.

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 09.05.37.png

1 minute ago, Earnie is God! said:

No, just Werner, Reinier, Sane, Courtois, Eder Militao and Laporte and that's just some of the ones we can see from your screenshot.

Well, my comment is relative I suppose..Real Madrid are naturally going to have elite players but the squad I inherited really wasn't all that. I've had many better squads and I would say this tactic allowed me to overachieve as a team. I signed Werner as he seemed ideal for the Pressing Striker position. 

player stats.png

Sorry I come back to this forum after half a year and im completely lost with the sheer quantity of tactics (you are insane Knap, we all love you!).

Can anyone help me out search the best away tactic for lets say a no 4-5 team in league, I would ideally want to play with 2 strikers (preferably they score well and not just do the dirty work) and either 2 attacking midfielder or left and right midfielders that contribute a lot (assists or goals). What would be the best suited tactics for this? (very sorry I tried searching but there are so many options im lost I need a starting point).

If that can't be done what are generally lets say the top 3 away tactics for a 4th place team?

I need to add that I play a save in the mod "world super league" so I have a lot of tough away matches hence why I need a good away tactic that fits my team

Edited by maxmaster5000

Not going to be easy. Two strikers and two AMs for a team that isn't a top team away from home is asking a bit much.

There are a number of 4-4-2 tactics that can work if you have really good wingers and strikers.
Beowulf 4-4-2 with inverted wingbacks is possibly your best bet, let me find it.

On 06/07/2020 at 10:32, knap said:

@omrgul

Testing has not worked well this year and I would not trust any that are generally available.

I am now running the MR L Test league and the new WARPIGS has performed best so far followed by FIRE 41311.

Most popular 442 is VENOM P109.

Which WARPIGS tactic performed best? the 41212 or the 442 collab with Rober?

@bestfootie

With regard to testing, I am getting to grips with FMRTE but TBH the results are not consistent. I therefore do not trust the results using FMRTE and is made even worse when playing around with reputation.

Google docs should be up to date now.

@bossyboss

The results are from testing with Norwich, and the tester is Cwieku.

It is therefore an independent test with an under dog team.