Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

JESUS! if my players are developing like this, whats the need of individual training roles. Seems to only be useful if retraining player.

his OTB went up by 6, Decisions and Anticipation up by 5. 

Wow, looks like you've discovered something mate. Makes more sense to use that to get role abilites as well, rather than training in role. Could just get what they are" missing"..

12 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Wow, looks like you've discovered something mate. Makes more sense to use that to get role abilites as well, rather than training in role. Could just get what they are" missing"..

Yeah training role confuses me, they don't make it clear. Are they just training attributes from a certain role or are they asking the player to train to play like that role. Because it can be a bad thing, like asking McTominay to train as DLP, is pointless as he isn't a good one and is a physical player not technical or creative. 

If I want McTominay to play DLP, I'm better off just asking him to improve his passing and ball control skills. If I want him as a CB then of course, I'd training him to play CB 

8 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

Yeah training role confuses me, they don't make it clear. Are they just training attributes from a certain role or are they asking the player to train to play like that role. Because it can be a bad thing, like asking McTominay to train as DLP, is pointless as he isn't a good one and is a physical player not technical or creative. 

Yeah this. Have you noticed if a player lacking in some abb points for a role gets greener if he gets trained at this?
If not he needs to train in role i guess.

3 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Yeah this. Have you noticed if a player lacking in some abb points for a role gets greener if he gets trained at this?
If not he needs to train in role i guess.

I haven't but that's never been an issue for me like it has for some people. I hardly pay any attention to the colours. Sometime a player will never get to be natural in a position you train in him, even though he could have the perfect attributes for it, the game won't give him the high green  colour so I mostly use my judgement. 

Player traits for me is the most important factor, if he had bad ones for the role you want him then he probably will never perform how you want him to. So example, for my tactic now, I can have a CM with 20 passing and 20 vision with a player trait of "plays short passes", then hell be pointless for me as my CM is playmaker and I play pass into space with direct passing, so needs to be looking to play risky pass all the time 

1 hour ago, RDF Tactics said:

JESUS! if my players are developing like this, whats the need of individual training roles. Seems to only be useful if retraining player.

20200416123653_1.thumb.jpg.c0cbac5d5df2980f74e594203400bd80.jpg20200416123649_1.thumb.jpg.79da15890cfc4f8740f477025eb95ad4.jpg

And do you change the intensity for these young players after the match?

Just now, adlyd90 said:

It depends how much they play. If I plan to play them regularly then I leave it to my teams settings, which is to no pitch or gym work if they're below 80%. But if they play just cup games and a few random matches then it stays on double 

2 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

I haven't but that's never been an issue for me like it has for some people. I hardly pay any attention to the colours. Sometime a player will never get to be natural in a position you train in him, even though he could have the perfect attributes for it, the game won't give him the high green  colour so I mostly use my judgement. 

I mostly don't either, was just wondering if they can improve their role by improving abilities the game highlights as needed for the role. If they can't, as I suggest, it all just seems rather strange.

"Hey you need a DLP, this is what he needs! Wow he looks perfect, but oh my he is only yellow! So you are basically Pirlo, but you have never tried this before? What were you playing? Left winger? Oh.."

Agree with the traits bit, and so it irritates me that they can be passed on without mentoring.

3 minutes ago, adlyd90 said:

1 hour ago, RDF Tactics said:

20200416123653_1.thumb.jpg.c0cbac5d5df2980f74e594203400bd80.jpg20200416123649_1.thumb.jpg.79da15890cfc4f8740f477025eb95ad4.jpg

Which training schedule do you use?

il y a une heure, RDF Tactics a dit :

oh wow! Bournemouth set up very defensively so i changed my passing to much shorter.....this happened....

p.s @Rober82 this was done watching the match haha

20200416124226_1.thumb.jpg.5529293afa71262a6af40fffd2b04b2c.jpg20200416124217_1.thumb.jpg.d371a72a1e093a4514b77fa1cba5d634.jpg

@RDF Tactics since yesterday with your advices about crosses, remove space, ball in box and so on against specific opposition, im destroying everyone with Man Utd in career save, Ballon d'or podium full of man Utd players: Pogba - Sancho - Lautaro ...insane results with Beowulf442 Tea451 and 4231 Blackecho

Thanks for all your tips ;)

3 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

I mostly don't either, was just wondering if they can improve their role by improving abilities the game highlights as needed for the role. If they can't, as I suggest, it all just seems rather strange.

"Hey you need a DLP, this is what he needs! Wow he looks perfect, but oh my he is only yellow! So you are basically Pirlo, but you have never tried this before? What were you playing? Left winger? Oh.."

Agree with the traits bit, and so it irritates me that they can be passed on without mentoring.

Haha it does but FM can be strange. I think what FM tells you is just advice, most great managers think outside the box so human players should take that approach too, of course, depending on your team and players. I recently just played Lingard CM as DLP as he has everything but vision, but I was playing against lesser opp. Game told me he is poor for that, gave him orange but he played very well.

Yeah that's annoying but i guess that's down to team management. Get rid off highly influential players that aren't very good and have bad traits because it can rub off on other players..but like on my game, Martial had the season off his life and became highly influential, Greenwoods determination went down because he's naturally learning from Martial from the training unit

25 minutes ago, adlyd90 said:

@RDF Tactics

What attributes do you follow when filling the position? 

it would be nice if you did some filters :)

well this is only pure opinions. But i mainly find players who suit the tactic rather than suit the role. no point in having a great deep playmaker with 7 work rate and low stamina when i play gegenpress. 

so mainly i go for what my tactic needs, high press, most players will need decent work rate, stamina, determination. with okay aggression and bravery. if using offside trap, who defence should have good acceleration, teamwork and concentration. if using pass into space, then those with ATT duty should have good speed, decent off the ball and anticipation and those on SUP duty should have good vision and passing. Play out of defence, then defenders and deep midfielders should have decent composure, concentration and decisions. 

other attributes can make up for whats missing too, for example, you may have an attacking player who isnt super fast but has really good flair, then do not worry too much about his pace. you have have a defending who has poor heading but is really tall, or a defender with poor tacking but excellent marking, train him to mark tight and not dive into tackles.

3 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

@Arron_ Same for Greenwood. He went from 3 stars to 4 and a half in a year. I have no role set for him, but set Aerial as a focus, his Heading and Bravery went up by 3...(his determination went down by two which is frustrating, but i think thats down to other strikers having a lower determination than him)

these players have good potential of course, but the development has been rapid. If you're giving them game time, don't over do it by giving them roles to train, with additional focus. i've left everyone in my first team squad with no training role focus.

20200416111535_1.thumb.jpg.604e662e5651193dc25a7d9f981a6be6.jpg20200416111530_1.thumb.jpg.38c1cf70a7e3327e1202f38745f8d2c0.jpg

So apart from the odd input my yourself do you just leave training for assistant to set up?

30 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

well this is only pure opinions. But i mainly find players who suit the tactic rather than suit the role. no point in having a great deep playmaker with 7 work rate and low stamina when i play gegenpress. 

so mainly i go for what my tactic needs, high press, most players will need decent work rate, stamina, determination. with okay aggression and bravery. if using offside trap, who defence should have good acceleration, teamwork and concentration. if using pass into space, then those with ATT duty should have good speed, decent off the ball and anticipation and those on SUP duty should have good vision and passing. Play out of defence, then defenders and deep midfielders should have decent composure, concentration and decisions. 

other attributes can make up for whats missing too, for example, you may have an attacking player who isnt super fast but has really good flair, then do not worry too much about his pace. you have have a defending who has poor heading but is really tall, or a defender with poor tacking but excellent marking, train him to mark tight and not dive into tackles.

Because I'm playing with the same tactics as you are for the wingers ones, I am looking for good speed, acceleration,dribbling, of the game without the ball and stamina for full back to same. For centre defenders, speed, marking, concentration, heading and strength are important to me. For the striker, the most important thing for me is that he be speed,acceleration ,dribbling and play well without the ball. Sorry for my english.

Edited by adlyd90

2 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

oh wow! Bournemouth set up very defensively so i changed my passing to much shorter.....this happened....

p.s @Rober82 this was done watching the match haha

20200416124226_1.thumb.jpg.5529293afa71262a6af40fffd2b04b2c.jpg20200416124217_1.thumb.jpg.d371a72a1e093a4514b77fa1cba5d634.jpg

How is the defensive side of the tactic overall? Also how are the wingers performing? Cheers.

9 minutes ago, Danny648 said:

So apart from the odd input my yourself do you just leave training for assistant to set up?

I think what he's saying is don't train them to any specific role, if you let your assistant do it then It would defeat the purpose of not setting a role

btw I'm testing this now with my current save, I've always trained roles so I'll see if I get quicker development progress through the season

Edited by 8BuggieNights15

25 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

What would you suggest for Liverpool (crosses players training and changing bits of the tactic away against the top 6?)

20 minutes ago, Danny648 said:

Yeah my assistant leads general training 

15 minutes ago, adlyd90 said:

Because I'm playing with the same tactics as you are for the wingers ones, I am looking for good speed, acceleration of the game without the ball and stamina for full back to same. For centre defenders, speed, coverage, concentration, heading and strength are important to me. For the striker, the most important thing for me is that he be quick and dribble well and play well without the ball. Sorry for my english.

That's what I basically look for too.

14 minutes ago, smithy20 said:

How is the defensive side of the tactic overall? Also how are the wingers performing? Cheers.

Each season I have conceded the least in the league. Last year De Gea had the most clean sheets. So far Rashford has scored 19 in 25 games as left mid. They perform well

18 minutes ago, gazzahutc said:

What would you suggest for Liverpool (crosses players training and changing bits of the tactic away against the top 6?)

I'd defo go whipped cross for LFC. Trent would be awesome also with Salah up front. With UTD I just leave training to assistant but control individual training. LFC players won't need much attribute training on players, everyone is pretty good, probably Minamino could do training on crossing. Knaps tactics do pretty well away from home with original instructions. But maybe change the passing one higher and removing tackle hard from team instruction 

6 minutes ago, adlyd90 said:

Is it worth spending 60 million on Greenwood? I have a loan in Sociedad and I can buy it for this amount.

this should speak for itself. his value is 72mil for me, but consider i am Utd and he's won the CL, but imagine his value at age 23 for you, specially if he's banging in goals in La Liga. 

20200416154810_1.thumb.jpg.0cc943795f8a185a0b19fd9340975a65.jpg20200416154707_1.thumb.jpg.29587de90e282674c4bd54c0b9f75a10.jpg

Just now, adlyd90 said:

Only you can afford it in a big club with a big budget. Although I sold almost the entire team in Sociedad and bought many new players.

well im in my 3rd season and i haven't bought anyone. thats my challenge managing Man Utd. i sold a lot of players and used the youth team to replace them. but you can find bargains and loans are great. a tip, when searching for players in player search, click "interested in loan" and put age up to 19. you will find great young players for cheap option fee to buy. Thiago Almada you can get on loan and option for 2.5 mil.

2 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

well im in my 3rd season and i haven't bought anyone. thats my challenge managing Man Utd. i sold a lot of players and used the youth team to replace them. but you can find bargains and loans are great. a tip, when searching for players in player search, click "interested in loan" and put age up to 19. you will find great young players for cheap option fee to buy. Thiago Almada you can get on loan and option for 2.5 mil.

I am in the crosshairs of this left back. In my opinion, it's okay, and for you?

11.thumb.jpg.f65ada597764eac0c80e7c68f2e1824d.jpg

16 minutes ago, adlyd90 said:

I am in the crosshairs of this left back. In my opinion, it's okay, and for you?

11.thumb.jpg.f65ada597764eac0c80e7c68f2e1824d.jpg

he's excellent. i woudn't even give him a specific training to do, maybe defensive positioning but as 21, thats good. if he's first team then game time will improve him a lot

1 minute ago, RDF Tactics said:

i have developed a lot of players on FM, but this by far has been the best and most pleasing to see on any FM i have played, and his development hasn't even finished. last season he only played 9 games, this is his first season in first team. what a player

20200416161910_1.thumb.jpg.24baaa7fb8a2583a78671cd732d7d7c7.jpg20200416161852_1.thumb.jpg.6bcbadeaf4b51f5904802b89d89ca4d9.jpg

what is your secret?

6 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

i have developed a lot of players on FM, but this by far has been the best and most pleasing to see on any FM i have played, and his development hasn't even finished. last season he only played 9 games, this is his first season in first team. what a player

Here he is in my old Espanyol save

Hannibal.jpg

1 minute ago, 8BuggieNights15 said:

Here he is in my old Espanyol save

Hannibal.jpg

Wow! Though I'm a Gooner, I hope he can turn out like this in real life. What a player on the game. He's only 19 on my game and already similar attributes. Wonder how good he can become. Maybe my challenge now is to get his off the ball and vision on 20 haha

3 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

Mainly game time and not over training. Rest is just as important as hard training. I'm not giving him a role to train, just training his attacking movement as well as team training 

Do you use fm korea trianing schedules in your saves? if so do your players also get unhappy with training?

1 minute ago, radetzky said:

Have you just dropped down the IFs to Iws ? Any other change?

Nope. The only thing I added is Mark Tighter.

In my save on the left I have Almada and on the right Stengs. Both are little monsters.

4 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

I was about to mention him to you earlier. Great prospect! Gets really good.

i knew about him before, but i'm never UTD. I've seen him get good but weirdly, never at a top top team. maybe once i saw him at PSG, but i've seen him at Wolves one time. 

5 minutes ago, godofnoobs said:

Do you use fm korea trianing schedules in your saves? if so do your players also get unhappy with training?

no i use my assistant. players never unhappy with training. Another tip i have, flood your coaching staff with good fitness coaches. I think they're important to your mental attributes. For me, in importance is Physical-Mental-Technical. Fitness coaches help with both physical and mental. Coaches with good motivating and decent man management is key to keep players happy in training

20200416164332_1.thumb.jpg.ddfaeb6aee914294cfb114abc899d0b5.jpg20200416164327_1.thumb.jpg.0f64254c9ad28ae25a89db379edab36e.jpg