Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, knap said:

Hi Knap, I've two questions. For this tactic could the winger roles be swapped or changed to both IF or both winger depending on the players available? Also, is there a reason your tactics use attack mentality but the guide says to start on cautious almost always?

I've been having a lot of success using a combination of wulf442P107 and wulf4411 with Man Utd. Thank you for another year of great tactics.

5 hours ago, byang08 said:

Hi Knap, I've two questions. For this tactic could the winger roles be swapped or changed to both IF or both winger depending on the players available? Also, is there a reason your tactics use attack mentality but the guide says to start on cautious almost always?

I've been having a lot of success using a combination of wulf442P107 and wulf4411 with Man Utd. Thank you for another year of great tactics.

The mentality guide is a way of playing to try & safeguard results as much as possible, in essence it’s just a more cautious approach in general. Knaps tactic sets are - largely (there are a few exceptions ofc) - designed to start on attacking, which in the case of playing as a strong team could/should/is often enough - the mentality guide comes in more if results are a bit choppy (say during a rebuild), if you’re playing as a team not always expected to win etc or if you need a hand knowing how/when/what to react to against the match engine. If you create a CTRL/SUS variant as defined in the mentality guide, they would in essence have the cautious (or defensive) mentalities and Knaps core tactics would take on the role of the BASE (read: attacking) variant.

Fwiw, the reason I mainly advocate/advocated for starting games on a ‘cautious’ mentality is safety first & to avoid the occasional/irritating game where the AI/opposition would start on a high/overload mentality to try and nick a goal then defend for their lives (the classic FM 0-1).

Hope that helps! :)

@byang08

There is no ral reason why you would need to change the set up because of players, unless they do not play well. The tactic is also set up so the BBM has more room to go forward with the winger on that side.

I am probably more gun ho and P&P Player. I tend to set up control and SUS tactics just with mentality changes and a few tweaks. However, the guide provides a much better overview of how to tweak and use tactics to your advantage, and if you read a few posts starting on cautious works as a plan. Also worth having a Plan B or even Plan C tactics rather than rely on just one. The whole package gives you an armory against the AI.

23 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Who are you currently managing? 

I'm managing Olexandriya in Ukraine, they are one of the best of the rest teams in the league behind Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar.  While I'm not doing badly, after four seasons I'm not making any progress.  In the previous patch I was challenging for the title until a post winter break calamity saw me finish fourth, and in the new patch I can beat weaker teams but it's a struggle, and Dynamo and Shakhtar are so much better than my team I feel I can never catch them.  Shakhtar just spent about £130 million in the transfer window while I have a budget of £1 million.  Anyway my team is built around sicilianvol2 and I've started using blackecho 442 sometimes but it has such low tempo that better teams snatch the ball of me and counter easily.

10 minutes ago, knap said:

@priority76

Based on the Norwich results, another option would be to pick Argus  343IF as your defensive tactic wulf 4411 as Control and Black Echo 442 as Attack

Thanks knap, I'll look into that.

Edited by priority76

@roantull

M

Can use it that way or for closing out games. It is about having options available It is the same with mentalities the options are there if you wish to use them.