Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@erzet17

Both tactics had same result when tested by FM Base. I still believe the RNG is a lot higher in 20.2.3 than on previous MEs, which can create bad runs. Using fmrte would tend to eliminate this element more than a normal save.

47 minutes ago, knap said:

@dabest

FM Base have tested tactics in the Beta and have indicated Beowulf 442 P107 is performing better in beta than 20.2.3. If you have a tactic working in a save I would carry on using it in Beta or stick to 20.2.3.

At this stage I would not say any tactics I've looked at would be better than existing tactics.

Thanks

From your testing in the beta, would you say 4-4-2 is still the way to go? I've been trying 1 striker with no success so far

29 minutes ago, knap said:

@Ewan0404

Beta is right click on steam FM 20 then properties far tab and opt into beta

I may be silly but what actually is the beta once the games out? 

What difference does it make? 

Is it just the beta versions of the match engine updates coming out? 

I've found Venom&Faith442 p100 to also be okay in the beta, about the same as Beowulf p107, but Venom&Faith p100 is showing to be pretty solid against same level teams and stronger teams also. All round tactic for now. Tried to tweak it little by little, as i tend to do with all knap tactics over the years to try to make them even more efficent, no luck tho. Two CF(s) seem to be working weird, you can score more goals, but also for some reason concede more than with 2 AF's

My experience with tactics so far in the beta..

Underdog (Wrexham- Wimbledon- Aston villa- Daco Getica) : Leipzig> Venom> Beowulf> Scillian .. not working tactics for me: Wulf 4-1-3-2(inconsistant) and Argus (inconsistant, conceded much but may be my players were not good for it)

Subtop (Oulou- Honka- Viitrolul) : Beowulf> Venom> Wulf4-1-3-2> Preachin blues 4-1-4-1> Leipzig .. not working tactics: Parisian (inconsistant), Preachin blues 4-5-1(conceded much) and Scillian (lots of draws where i need to win)

Any better suggestion other than the aforementioned tactics? playing Watford and CSKA moscow next

Edited by tagaddin

2 minutes ago, dBianchin said:

i'm using simpathyforthedevil in the beta and is working like a charm, only exception for the two strikers, can't make them work. Now i'm trying to tweak to change that. The defence is very reliable.

Maybe they are cut out too much (besides the usual beta engine problems), i'd recommend to try them as CFs(s) or CFs(a)

зачем тестировать, когда едешь в отпуск?вы играете результаты как-то хуже

online translation:

why test when you go on vacation? do you play the results somehow worse

Edited by KUBI
added online translation