Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, knap said:

Oxford is a very open tactic in the middle of the park. When I set it up in FM08 I used barrows, so it turned into a 4141 when defending.

Oxford tactic in FM08 was 10/10! One of the best tactics I have used next to Diablo! Unfortunately the new one this FM hasn’t worked as effectively, but still a decent attacking tactic.

Il 2/1/2020 in 18:30 , NotPennysBoat ha scritto:

That depends. Against smaller teams, if I'm in the lead, I just stick with it. If I'm chasing a game, I go very attacking until I get an equaliser, and go back to attacking then. Against bigger opponents I like to go defensive or very defensive if I'm in the lead with one or two goals, with 10-15 minutes left on the clock. When I'm behind, I just keep it on attacking as very attacking seems to backfire too often against stronger opponents.

@NotPennysBoat

So basically you start with attacking mentality correct?  Same approch both in Eredivisie and in Champions League?  

I like a good defense and not concedeing goals every match, so I gave the new PreachinBlues a shot. And I'm blown away. 2 draws (tactic unfamiliarity?) but it took 8(!) games before we conceded the first goal!! The tactic really suits my player natural roles and I'm having so much fun right now. Hope it lasts in Europe. Thanks for this one Knap!

image.thumb.png.110fd6a77df51309824c46d54461f339.pngimage.thumb.png.cbb696e6b6ddc0c450bedee99c28a032.png

Edited by Dreambuilder

1 hour ago, Spikester said:

Oxford tactic in FM08 was 10/10! One of the best tactics I have used next to Diablo! Unfortunately the new one this FM hasn’t worked as effectively, but still a decent attacking tactic.

Original Oxford tactic was legendary man. No creative freedom worked amazing at the time.

1 hour ago, Dreambuilder said:

I like a good defense and not concedeing goals every match, so I gave the new PreachinBlues a shot. And I'm blown away. 2 draws (tactic unfamiliarity?) but it took 8(!) games before we conceded the first goal!! The tactic really suits my player natural roles and I'm having so much fun right now. Hope it lasts in Europe. Thanks for this one Knap!

image.thumb.png.110fd6a77df51309824c46d54461f339.pngimage.thumb.png.cbb696e6b6ddc0c450bedee99c28a032.png

Cracking results! Hopefully you do well in Europe with it.

Hi Knap,

is there any way in which a no fullback/wingback system could work? In other words, 3 centre backs with wingers on either side ahead of them. Is this something you have or could consider looking into? 

I should mention I am Liverpool snd 10 years into the game so I'm fairly confident my players could adapt to the system but it's rhe tactic as a concept in itself, especially from a defensive point of view. Very rarely are good fullbacks produced as regens so i'm trying to avoid using them ....

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by harisnuriakhlaq

Hi Knap. Do these tactics work in touch? I've used Sicilian 4222 with Ipswich and have done well, but I've noticed that the offside trap seems to get beaten regularly. Is this because of my defence etc? I'm also starting a network game on the full version using Bournemouth. It seems to suit them positionally, but was just wondering if you think it will work or if I should be using something else. Thanks mate.

15 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

O.I ? 

53 minutes ago, ilyes92300 said:

O.I ? 

No OI's except for what assman advices late game.

Defence is solid, but the amount of draws are really starting to pile up, and matches with many goals are rare. I think I'm going to switch back to one of the recommended Wulf4132's with 2 strikers. With a DM plus defensive wingers they are the closest to a successful 442 with good defense in my opinion. Sicilian is one alternative aswell, but leaves little too much of a red hole in the middle of the formation for the liking of my eyes.

image.thumb.png.92a5e9ce0ca04c64cb1bb4dc2e1b60fd.png

Edited by Dreambuilder

3 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

No OI's except for what assman advices late game.

Defence is solid, but the amount of draws are starting to pile up, and matches with many goals are rare. I think I'm going to switch back to one of the recommended Wulf4132's with 2 strikers. With a DM plus defensive wingers they are the closest to a successful 442 with good defense in my opinion. Sicilian is one alternative aswell, but leaves little too much of a red hole in the middle of the formation for the liking of my eyes.

image.thumb.png.e87d8b78ceddfca5502ee64bb8417fea.png

I wouldn’t worry about the red hole, Sicilian is a great tactic!

Most of the tactics are set up on FMT as it is quicker, although I run both games.

GOODBYE 4132 DL uses a dropped DL down to lower. Maybe try this tactic out to see if you prefer a higher DL or dropped DL.

29 minutes ago, Spikester said:

I wouldn’t worry about the red hole, Sicilian is a great tactic!

I bet. I like the wingbacks on automatic which works with changing mentality when necessary. Going to give Sicilian a shot now. When starting up a new game my squad has like 4 DM's so it suits my squad pretty well.

Edited by Dreambuilder

2 minutes ago, knap said:

Most of the tactics are set up on FMT as it is quicker, although I run both games.

GOODBYE 4132 DL uses a dropped DL down to lower. Maybe try this tactic out to see if you prefer a higher DL or dropped DL.

I swapped to sympathy for the devil 4222 as it’s listed higher on fm base for subtop teams, considering I was top with Ipswich I thought it made more sense, and it seems to have reduced the ai one on ones. 

Bournemouth are predicted 15th so I guess they’re considered as underdogs. Hoping the Sicilian with be effective.

Because of balls over the top I have tried tactics without but having it on appears to be better.

If you try with it off and still get expected results then it is not a problem

16 hours ago, knap said:

Have you Tried TIME 442 or 451 for Internationals as a simpler set up.

1844440463_CapturadePantalla2020-01-04ala(s)11_07_40.thumb.png.4d5b4c50bf7303116ec9ff80ff515ffb.png1393972984_CapturadePantalla2020-01-04ala(s)11_07_03.thumb.png.5cf9c3a735c3d5e5c761cd7adbbdd347.png1328234678_CapturadePantalla2020-01-04ala(s)11_06_31.thumb.png.89a9f45dfc9a495f492e9f886612723b.png

955854522_CapturadePantalla2020-01-04ala(s)11_13_41.thumb.png.95dd65f9f49de39d8f3b974ae1ddd0c3.png

Hi Knap, i read your response and i tried in the Fifa World Cup with Argentina the tactic Time 4-4-2. I won all the games! 

Edited by Teooo :D

Tactics that I have used with Spurs and won PL are Tequila Sunrise, Beowulf 442 P107  and Sicilian P101.

I would also try Preachin Blues 451 as I won PL with Arsenal.

May also be worth a home and away tactic and looking at the posts on changing mentality.

16 minutes ago, knap said:

Tactics that I have used with Spurs and won PL are Tequila Sunrise, Beowulf 442 P107  and Sicilian P101.

May also be worth a home and away tactic and looking at the posts on changing mentality.

@knap thanks, will try preachin blues 451 :) keep up the good work btw!

I do not atler mentality apart from the occasional SUS. However, I am usually testing a tactic.

There are a few good posts on changing mentality to your advantage a page or 2 back. Also Optimus mentality matters guide. 

2 hours ago, knap said:

knap, will beowulf 442 107 work on the current patch?